Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 211.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Don't worry when we make Game #3, Bible Adventures, demand won't be so high...

noahs ark multiball 2X2 2 ball then 4 then 6 then 8. epic good fun.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You really think every single AMH customer would be a repeat customer? We had a lot of people upset AMH didn't have a "family mode"... and it is very mild in the adult humor department with cute kooky ghosts as the villains. I had one guy cancel his AMH order because of this, and he told me to take him off our sales list because we "obviously don't care about people with children". Offering half the games as LE's isn't limited... it's half the run.
Look, we underestimated the demand... sorry. Our intent was not to create drama, it was to offer something special to those who supported us when we really needed it.
We had taken AMH to shows, waited until it was close to production ready... had over 100 people on the "I want it" list. When we sent that initial email out for sales, in the first 2 weeks we sold 1 game... Think about that... 1 GAME. After we poured our entire life savings and 2 years of insane amounts of work into this, with no plan B if Spooky failed. Know who bought that game? Joe Newhart. Then he took it to shows, and started to help sell them to help us. Not a "show game"... HIS OWN PERSONAL GAME.
We could be avoiding this by having no distributors and no LE's. We talked about just selling direct on this because we have sooo many distributors asking us all the time to give them games, and realistically at this level you can't afford to give up that much. At the end of the day, we couldn't do that to a guy like Joe. He busts his ass, he donates tons to charity, he puts games in children's hospitals... he cares... a LOT about pinball in general.
I'm glad we did this the hard way. Just makes me appreciate even more where we're at now. Really, it's all going to be the same playing game... our intent was not to cause drama. Trust me, I freakin' hate drama like you can't imagine.
Let the first world problems go... please. Buy it because you like the game, the theme, the art... whatever it is you enjoy about this game. Don't buy it because it's "limited". The 250 regulars are going to look bad ass, play just as fast and crazy, and be missing NOTHING where it matters... IN THE GAME.
Whew! Now I feel better. Go play some damn pinball!

I think this thread needed that charlie well said now im go play some

#355 4 years ago

LEs always cause problems...what happened to one version the best it can be? Free instant money I guess.

#356 4 years ago

The best horror type pin ( for me anyway ) right now is BSD as it incorporates atmospheric sounds with brutal gameplay. It has one of the best rule sets in pinball. Games don't need to be super deep. 30 million...........

Hoping RZ echoes BDD in someways.

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You really think every single AMH customer would be a repeat customer?

Thank you for the reply.. As someone else mentioned this thread needed it and if i needed to take one for the team so be it.

The problem is that there is a lot of opinions/subjectivity but I think some of the feedback has merit. The 50 LE's just appears to be an arbitrary number assuming 1/3 of the AMH customers might want one and if not, you'd let the sharks go for them after July 4th. The more I think about it offering the LE was just a bad idea.

#358 4 years ago

LE or regular what is the big deal as long as you get one; who cares if it is an le; it is going to be a great game; what Charlie, KT and the whole spooky team has done is short of amazing especially considering what has happened to the other small companies like skit-b and zidware. The spooky team loves pinball and without them we would have never had amh; which is a killer game or had a chance at a ROB ZOMBIE pinball. Pretty amazing what team spooky is doing especially cool that is a family business and they really care about pinball, making great games and their customers.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The more I think about it offering the LE was just a bad idea.

Spooky was trying to reward a customer base that had it not been there, the Rob Zombie pin wouldn't exist at all. So instead of complaining about the lack of LE's, which by the way is just different art, not different gameplay, applaud the AMH customers that took the leap and made Spooky and RZ possible in the first place.

I'm personally in for the LE, but I could give two shits about the exclusivity. The ONLY reason I signed up for one is an option of art. Since the gameplay is the same, if the art isn't significantly different or to my liking, I may choose the standard in the end. I'm sure many others on the initial 50 feel the same. I think that's what Charlie was trying to communicate in his story about initial AMH sales. There were plenty of people who talked big before the commitment of money. But once the deposits were required....crickets. I expect some of the same attrition for RZ, both standard and LE.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm personally in for the LE, but I could give two shits about the exclusivity. The ONLY reason I signed up for one is an option of art. Since the gameplay is the same, if the art isn't significantly different or to my liking, I may choose the standard in the end

I'm in the same boat, I'm not an LE guy (If I owned a stern, it'd be a pro not even a premium). I signed up for LE, and sort of glad I did because I think I'd like staring at a "dragula" on the backglass over Rob Zombie's mug, but won't know until I see it. Sure maybe the LE might have a higher resale value in the future, but not sure I'd ever sell either.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Spooky was trying to reward a customer base that had it not been there, the Rob Zombie pin wouldn't exist at all. So instead of complaining about the lack of LE's, which by the way is just different art, not different gameplay, applaud the initial AMH customers that took the leap and made Spooky and RZ possible in the first place.

I'm not going to sit here and write a novel about all the good things Spooky/their initial customers have done for Pinball. I just wanted to give my feedback/constructive criticism on the LE and how its being handled. It doesn't appear to be to off base as Charlie never liked the LE model from past talks but decided to make 50 for this pin.

So, if Charlie doesnt like LE's, they are only making 50, people are downplaying them as just different armor/backglass and nothing really special I just don't see the point in making them. They didn't appear to have a survey and collect feedback on who out of the 150 AMH customers would want an LE so they are rewarding just 50, what if 68 want one? The 18 are just out of luck? You see, this makes no sense and isnt fair.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Has it been mentioned why some of the obvious songs are missing?
Thunder Kiss '65
More Human Than Human
Super Charger Heaven
Black Sunshine
Don't fit the theme? A licensing issue (Rob/White Zombie)? Builders choice?

As long as it stays open sourced like AMH you could probably add those songs in yourself.

I'm more excited for the horror aspect of the game than the music. I like the music but The Devil's Rejects is one of my favorite horror movies of all time! Never would of thought I'd ever see Captain Spaulding in a pinball machine! Hopefully they'll work Sheri Moon in as well

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm in the same boat, I'm not an LE guy (If I owned a stern, it'd be a pro not even a premium). I signed up for LE, and sort of glad I did because I think I'd like staring at a "dragula" on the backglass over Rob Zombie's mug, but won't know until I see it. Sure maybe the LE might have a higher resale value in the future, but not sure I'd ever sell either.

It would be nice if they made both versions of the backglass art for sale in translite form so that owners could swap them out if they needed. Plus more money in Spooky's pocket for translite sales which would be a great thing! Even if I don't buy the machine I would buy both of them just to hang on my wall!

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think Zombie Yeti could make the Bible Adventures theme cool! Just look at what he did with Alice in Wonderland. So many possibilities with the theme. I would buy one!

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sterns - Passion.jpg
#366 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

benheck said:

I'd be in for a Bible Adventures. Alex Horley art and Stryper soundtrack.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Royalties on this licence would be exorbitant.

#368 4 years ago

There should be a jesus on a cross bash toy.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

They didn't appear to have a survey and collect feedback on who out of the 150 AMH customers would want an LE so they are rewarding just 50, what if 68 want one? The 18 are just out of luck? You see, this makes no sense and isnt fair.

I understand your point, but I think you also missed mine...the last couple of sentences anyway. A poll would have been meaningless, just as the AMH initial interest list disappeared when it was time to step up. It's easy to say I want one, when there's no skin in the game. So, Spooky takes a poll and 150 say they want one. They then have to pay the artist a negotiated price for a print to screen 150 BG's. Then suddenly, 150 don't step up to the plate, and Spooky has to eat the cost. That's difficult for a boutique company to absorb. So they have to err on the side of caution or do nothing at all. I understand where "nothing at all" would have been a viable option too, but whether I get an LE or not, I'm glad they gave a choice to some.

#370 4 years ago

Moses parting the Red Sea animated backglass on the LE. Put me on the list now please.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I understand your point, but I think you also missed mine...the last couple of sentences anyway. A poll would have been meaningless, just as the AMH initial interest list disappeared when it was time to step up.

I understand, but I wouldn't make decisions today based on putting myself in the past in that situation. Today they're sold out of AMH and have more employees etc. So they make 68 LE's and 8 back out, they could of auctioned the 8 off and given rest to charity etc.. The point is that all 150 AMH customers are treated the same and all 150 have the opportunity to say yes or no to the LE. Was it a nice gesture to offer this? sure but it was executed poorly.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Moses parting the Red Sea animated backglass on the LE. Put me on the list now please.

Would also make a cool toy on the playfield. Get your ball across the Red Sea while it is parted.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm not going to sit here and write a novel about all the good things Spooky/their initial customers have done for Pinball. I just wanted to give my feedback/constructive criticism on the LE and how its being handled. It doesn't appear to be to off base as Charlie never liked the LE model from past talks but decided to make 50 for this pin.
So, if Charlie doesnt like LE's, they are only making 50, people are downplaying them as just different armor/backglass and nothing really special I just don't see the point in making them. They didn't appear to have a survey and collect feedback on who out of the 150 AMH customers would want an LE so they are rewarding just 50, what if 68 want one? The 18 are just out of luck? You see, this makes no sense and isnt fair.

Life isn't fair and Spooky doesn't owe me anything because I purchased an AMH. All they owe me is an AMH. No matter what the numbers were someone would have missed out and pissed and moaned.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'd be in for a Bible Adventures. Alex Horley art and Stryper soundtrack

Ok, now I'm on board with Ben on this one...

#375 4 years ago

I'm hungrey anyone up for some chicken ?

fried-chicken-gasoline-47.gif

Keep up the good work spooky

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Life isn't fair and Spooky doesn't owe me anything because I purchased an AMH. All they owe me is an AMH. No matter what the numbers were someone would have missed out and pissed and moaned.

I'm sorry you disagree w/ Spooky as they felt they did owe AMH buyers (atleast 50 of them) an opportunity to purchase an LE of their 2nd game.

Im done talking about LE's as the ink appears dry on the contract but I do sympathize with the AMH owners that missed out.

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

o, but whether I get an LE or not, I'm glad they gave a choice to some.

Says the guy who got an LE...

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I 2nd that someone allwsys complains...
I wanted a amh but missed out its my fault I put it off too long. I need a time machine lol and I bet bunch people who got in on a amh in that mad rush got it because they want sell for $$ not because they like it.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ben needs to make this game... if nothing more than to get it out of his system.

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Says the guy who got an LE...

Says the guy that's on a list...I don't have anything yet.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm sorry you disagree w/ Spooky as they felt they did owe AMH buyers (atleast 50 of them) an opportunity to purchase an LE of their 2nd game.
Im done talking about LE's as the ink appears dry on the contract but I do sympathize with the AMH owners that missed out.

Quit trying to spin words and arguing over nothing. Yes, as you pointed out I have a major disagreement with Spooky

Your sympathy is not needed, we are not owed anything. If you don't like how Spooky does things don't buy there games. LE = Limited Edition = Not everyone will get one (unless your are JJP who doesn't seem to understand that the L means limited)

Just come out and say that you want an LE and you can't get one and you are pissed. Otherwise I can't imagine why you are wasting your breath on this.

#382 4 years ago

Maybe change the terminology?

At 300 compared to Stern and JJP they are all LE.

Just call them 2 different names?

250 - ( Regular ) - 'Rob Zombie Pinball. '

50 ( LE ) - 'Rob Zombie ( whatever art elements are on backglass ) pinball.'

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Just come out and say that you want an LE and you can't get one and you are pissed. Otherwise I can't imagine why you are wasting your breath on this.

I upvoted your posted because I like your style.

I didn't buy an AMH but after playing one and really liking it I'm excited to see the progress of this pin and might be a buyer when they ship next year.

(you're right about wasting my breath, im not going to take up space on this thread with that topic anymore)

thanks

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I upvoted your posted because I like your style.
I didn't buy an AMH but after playing one and really liking it I'm excited to see the progress of this pin and might be a buyer when they ship next year.
(you're right about wasting my breath, im not going to take up space on this thread with that topic anymore)
thanks

It's a free world, take up as much space in it as you want. A little bickering is good for everyone

Some AMH's will hit the secondary market early next year. Everyone that made a mad rush to get the last 40 will not all want to keep it and there should be a lot of awesome games coming out soon that will make people sell. It's a lot of fun, brutally hard though.

#385 4 years ago

I second the opinion that once the dust settles every AMH buyer who wants an LE will get one. I can't imagine over 50 actually putting down the deposit money when it is called for, it is an extra $500 for different art and some will like the regular machine art better.

I think Chuck is doing a great thing having 50 machines to be special for his AMH early adopters. If people have priority based on which # of AMH they got, I think that's plenty fair. You don't need all 150 AMH buyers treated the same. Those who put their money down years ahead of the others deserve the most credit. If AMH buyer #150 gets a regular instead of an RZ LE, they will still be getting a great machine and they're big boys, they can handle it.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I think Chuck is doing a great thing having 50 machines to be special for his AMH early adopters. If people have priority based on which # of AMH they got, I think that's plenty fair.

Plenty fair... but as far as I know that's not the case. Seems like it was a free for all with who emailed first?

#387 4 years ago

How many are on "the list" so far? Charlie's last FB post makes it sound like it's filling up fast...

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Plenty fair... but as far as I know that's not the case. Seems like it was a free for all with who emailed first?

I agree, they shouldn't have allowed a free for all. seems they underestimated the demand. they should have gone in order of AMH buying. Me being position #80 I have a somewhat good chance, but if I didn't get one it's my own fault for not supporting spooky sooner.

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I agree, they shouldn't have allowed a free for all. seems they underestimated the demand. they should have gone in order of AMH buying. Me being position #80 I have a somewhat good chance, but if I didn't get one it's my own fault for not supporting spooky sooner.

How do you guys get your AMH number? I can't beg borrow or steal mine and I don't want to be a PITA that emails over and over.

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

ow do you guys get your AMH number? I can't beg borrow or steal mine and I don't want to be a PITA that emails over and over.

I don't think I ever knew it. I suppose it is my serial number if I went an inspected the game?

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

How do you guys get your AMH number? I can't beg borrow or steal mine and I don't want to be a PITA that emails over and over.

I asked awhile back and was told I was in the high 90s. I don't think they are numbered machines, just what your number is in the Order of leaving, but I could be wrong.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Meh, I think DeGarmo & Key would be a much better fit...

Quoted from nephasth:

How many are on "the list" so far?

I'm on the "interested" list, not being an AMH owner.

#393 4 years ago

I was also expecting them to email AMH buyers in order to fill the RZ spots and I was caught off guard by the email free for all, especially after Pinside was down for hours the night of the announcement and not a lot of details from the seminar were available. Maybe they are still honoring requests based on the AMH order number?

Having said that, I don't think there's any issue with the number of units being built or the proposed (very fair) deposit/payment system, considering Spooky's capacity at this point. I am pretty impressed with what they have been able to do and will continue to support them. Keep on doing what you're doing, Charlie!

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I asked awhile back and was told I was in the high 90s. I don't think they are numbered machines, just what your number is in the Order of leaving, but I could be wrong.

The games do have a serial number inside the cabinet and it is the order of their build.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm on the "interested" list, not being an AMH owner.

I'm on the interested list, and will be an AMH owner. . Don't feel bad.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

What?!! It needs to rock - Stryper would be the tamest choice. Memphis May Fire would be another good choice.

I think this is a hilarious tangent in the RZ thread though. I'll stop now.

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm on the interested list, and will be an AMH owner. . Don't feel bad.

I am getting an LE that TomG won't have? The world may stop spinning.

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

What?!! It needs to rock - Stryper would be the tamest choice. Memphis May Fire would be another good choice.
I think this is a hilarious tangent in the RZ thread though. I'll stop now.

Yeah, the tangent has dragged a bit...but for Bible Adventures, why not bands like Testament and Exodus?

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am getting an LE that TomG won't have? The world may stop spinning.

I didn't know you had ordered AMH.

#400 4 years ago

I am in the interested list according to the response email I got Monday morning. No idea where but I am just glad to have a foot in th door in case this turns out to be as awesome as I am hoping.

I have a feeling the interested list will be way higher than 300 however the amount that will actually deposit the 1k will probably be lower than 300 out of the gate. Not everyone is going to convince their family that a true horror pin is coming home to roost.

For me, sending a deposit hinges on 3 things.

Artwork
Design vs Ruleset
Being able to easily swap out songs

That last one seems petty but frankly I am not a fan of Robs solo stuff as too much of it sounds the same. White Zombie has the music that is nostalgic for me and that's what I want to hear when I am playing a Zombie game. Especially some of the remix stuff.

But really, this wait is killing me.... And it's only been 3 days.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside