2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 223.
#3851 8 years ago

Oh also it seemed like it was a bug or something that Bug ran into with the stuck ball thing. Shot the orbit when the skill shot animation was still on (I'm guessing that meant no switch hit), and then the game failed to recognize the ball was in the saucer.

#3852 8 years ago

That would make sense. They were speculating a misaligned sensor could be to blame. Whysnow had a good point: a ball search would have fixed it.

#3853 8 years ago

I assumed that the game wasn't going into ball search since it was still in skill shot mode, although I guess with this being what's really the only possible ball hang-up, maybe the game doesn't have one at all.

#3854 8 years ago

I hadn't even considered that... I figured the ball would have had to cross at least one switch between plunge and left orbit to saucer but now you've got me wondering.

#3855 8 years ago

(sorry for all the posts, watching recorded now because I missed half of it live)

Anyways, wooooaahh House of 1,000 corpses was worth waaay too much. Just flailing around for a minute was worth 10x more points than what seemed to be gotten from playing a dangerous single-ball mode all the way to completion. I'm cool with House of 1,000 awarding good value, because it's lame when a big multiball like that is worthless (IJ4), but that seemed to be too much.

#3856 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

The Rob Zombie pinball stream is now archived on Twitch at:
http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/35663930

Won't play for me

#3857 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Won't play for me

Jack usually uploads his streams to YouTube within a few days. Just subscribe or keep an eye on:
https://www.youtube.com/user/DeadFlipPinball/videos

#3858 8 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

“That ramp is tighter than a zombie cheerleader’s ass!”

you have my attention anytime I hear something about Tight, cheerleader and ass in the same sentence I take note.

#3859 8 years ago

I didn't watch the whole thing, maybe half or so though, I stopped watching around when the pizza arrived, however far in that was. Totally cool. Really enjoyed getting to see it come together. The callouts were great. I couldn't hear all of them clearly, but I could make out most of it. Loved watching the animations, so glad you guys did color dots.

I think Ben should offer people a color upgrade kit for AMH now. Just price it like ColorDMD. If I owned an AMH I'd pay that much to get it upgraded to full color like Rob Zombie!

Come on Ben, give the people what they need! Go back and recolor it all, do an LCD like Rob Zombie. Who in this thread has AMH and would pay for that like a ColorDMD?

#3860 8 years ago

Holy crap that was fun!
I hope you all enjoyed the stream!!!
Big shout out to Spooky Pinball for having me and allowing a "Work in progress" game to be shown online.
<3 <3

YouTube link coming soon!!

#3861 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't watch the whole thing, maybe half or so though, I stopped watching around when the pizza arrived, however far in that was. Totally cool. Really enjoyed getting to see it come together. The callouts were great. I couldn't hear all of them clearly, but I could make out most of it. Loved watching the animations, so glad you guys did color dots.
I think Ben should offer people a color upgrade kit for AMH now. Just price it like ColorDMD. If I owned an AMH I'd pay that much to get it upgraded to full color like Rob Zombie!
Come on Ben, give the people what they need! Go back and recolor it all, do an LCD like Rob Zombie. Who in this thread has AMH and would pay for that like a ColorDMD?

I would pay for the upgrade, but I would not pay for the medical treatment Ben will need after driving himself insane from going back and doing all that work.

#3862 8 years ago

Oh and the "LE" translite for those who missed it.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3863 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Holy crap that was fun!
Big shout out to Spooky Pinball for having me and allowing a "Work in progress" game to be shown online.
<3 <3
YouTube link coming soon!!

I think it's awesome that you and Spooky hooked up like that. I'd totally play Alien with you if I had the chance.

I love how small our community can be sometimes. Lots of opportunities to work together.

#3864 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Fuc***ing Yeah!

Surprised no one tried to use the "C-H-O-P" ball save for lateral drains: try to keep only three lamps lit, keep the last one for a side exit: if the ball drains, it would induce an instant ball save, right?
Easier said than done, anyway.

#3865 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Fuc***ing Yeah!
Surprised no one tried to use the "C-H-O-P" ball save for lateral drains: try to keep only three lamps lit, keep the last one for a side exit: if the ball drains, it would induce an instant ball save, right?
Easier said than done, anyway.

Jack hinted at that during the show when after activating his ball save he asked, "Should I have saved that?", but after getting a center drain seconds later he realized he should not have saved it.

I'd certainly consider holding it in my pocket as an outlane ball save, but considering how many center drains there are, and how easy it is to set yourself back up to get it again, I might just be taking it over and over. Certainly an interesting point of strategy.

#3866 8 years ago

Can someone link me to the backglass pic for the limited edition. I am assuming that is the only difference between the games. And did I hear right that there will be add on options for this game.

#3868 8 years ago

I can't get it to play on twitch and I'm officially sad.

#3869 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I can't get it to play on twitch and I'm officially sad.

Try lowering the stream quality. That's what finally worked for me.

(There's a little cog icon at the bottom of the player.)

#3870 8 years ago
Quoted from mdolshan:

Try lowering the stream quality. That's what finally worked for me.
(There's a little cog icon at the bottom of the player.)

Thx you I'll give it a shot

#3871 8 years ago

They have it on you tube yet?

#3872 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

They have it on you tube yet?

not on deadflip channel .. just checked

#3873 8 years ago

Really liked what I saw (and even more so: what I heard) in the stream. I'm guessing the wait list got even longer...

#3874 8 years ago

Spooky seem to have done what they said on the tin.

A game that plays very different, chaotic, brutal, but it is possible to complete the game if you hit the shots. If you miss, prepare to be punished!

This game will have tons of longevity in the home as in some ways it taps into the em era. 'i was co close, I just got to play another game'.

And it certainly isn't going to feel like chopping wood. Adrenalin city for sure.

#3875 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Really liked what I saw (and even more so: what I heard) in the stream. I'm guessing the wait list got even longer...

I agree. Quite honestly, I was on the fence after seeing the promo video. However, after watching the video, particularly the last 20 minutes where he got 7 ball multi ball, I was impressed. The original video doesn't do the game justice and the shots are really cool. I don't think it's going to be as hard as IM once you get the feel of things.

#3876 8 years ago

It's still encoding but here is the YouTube link. As the day goes on, the quality options will get better and better.
Hang tight!

Here is a quick link to that crazy multiball!
http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/35817093

#3877 8 years ago

Is there a way to add pictures / videos of Ed Gein, Dr. Satan and Albert Fish to the blank serial cards? I know it's nitpicky but it would be a nice little detail. Source material is from 1000 Corpses.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#3878 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

It's still encoding but here is the YouTube link. As the day goes on, the quality options will get better and better.
Hang tight!
» YouTube video
Here is a quick link to that crazy multiball!
http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/35817093

Wow, Jack, just wow. Great job on the vid and commentary as always. Heart races just watching the chaos. Spooky rocks.Charlie, Ben, Fawzma - excellent!!! Code monkey "borrowed" some video game look and feel, rainbow borders, etc. sweet.

#3879 8 years ago

Spooky really nailed it on this title ! RZ # 96

#3880 8 years ago

Game looks fun as sh#t. At the end of the day, that's ALL that matters.

#3881 8 years ago

Looks as brutal as my bsd and twd prem which is awesome but frustrating lol. The color dots are my favorite part of the rz pin .

#3882 8 years ago

Game was brutal, but feels amazing when you make your shots.
When you get the game going, it flows.
Brutal = Replayability.

#3883 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Game was brutal, but feels amazing when you make your shots.
When you get the game going, it flows.
Brutal = Replayability.

That's why I love TWD. Brutal, but when you get it going it's a thing of beauty

I think it awesome for Spooky sticking to their guns and creating something unique

#3884 8 years ago

Looks brutal indeed. I thought the display looked great. That is what a pinball display should at least look like these days.

#3885 8 years ago

Layout is pretty much done. Silkscreen and information to be finished up. Then a fine comb to make sure I didn't miss anything and its off to get the first prototype made of REV7

Layout_(resized).pngLayout_(resized).png

#3886 8 years ago

Since it seems like the ball shoots up to the mini play field every time you start a mode, why not have it do something? It's pretty anti-climatic to shoot it up to the mini, just to have it drain off after you select a mode that's not applicable.

It shouldn't be easy, but what about playing a short game that if beaten will double the scoring on that mode? Maybe 10 shots to the chicken gate? On the 10th shot it opens, double scoring, and the mode begins?

It's never fun to purposely let the ball drain.

#3887 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Since it seems like the ball shoots up to the mini play field every time you start a mode, why not have it do something? It's pretty anti-climatic to shoot it up to the mini, just to have it drain off after you select a mode that's not applicable.
It shouldn't be easy, but what about playing a short game that if beaten will double the scoring on that mode? Maybe 10 shots to the chicken gate? On the 10th shot it opens, double scoring, and the mode begins?
It's never fun to purposely let the ball drain.

I'm happy that a game encourages bypassing the miniplayfield. If the miniplayfield gave a good reward that I wanted to go for everytime then it would get really boring really fast. It should play against you to keep it up there too, because even if it was just a "Well it won't hurt you, but there's no big reward", then you end up with a WWE type scenario where you're in the upper playfield with absolutely nothing to do, but since it's safe and you're still getting small points for it, why not just keep doing it?

#3888 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm happy that a game encourages bypassing the miniplayfield. If the miniplayfield gave a good reward that I wanted to go for everytime then it would get really boring really fast. It should play against you to keep it up there too, because even if it was just a "Well it won't hurt you, but there's no big reward", then you end up with a WWE type scenario where you're in the upper playfield with absolutely nothing to do, but since it's safe and you're still getting small points for it, why not just keep doing it?

I dont think its gonna be a issue as the upper play field is gonna get old very quickly regardless . I think it definitely needs to be implemented in other ways since its going to be up there alot .

#3889 8 years ago

Looks fun from vid

#3890 8 years ago

I've added a ball search which will fire the VUK if no switches are detected after 30 seconds, and will keep kicking every 5 seconds.

In last nights case, the VUK switch goofed up and just sat there. In the real world if this happens, it will kick out and the game will still work. But, if that switch really is bad, you simply won't be able to start any main modes. I'll add a audit item for operators so they can see if its being fired.

There was a bunch of stuff that wasn't shown that you'll have to discover.

I do have more plans for adding depth to other modes related to the upper playfield. In fact, there are already a couple in there that are hidden.

#3891 8 years ago

ball search typically is not after 30 seconds, WAY too long!

Go check out a few other games to get an idea of what a good ball search does.

Off the top of my head:
After 7-8 seconds with no flipper engaged (i.e. no ball search when someone is trapping a ball) then the game cycles through ALL of the coils a few times to try and free a stuck ball. Best practice would be to fire the coils where a problem would most commonly occur (i.e in this case VUK) and to fire in a pattern that is most likely to free a stuck ball the quickest.

Honestly, go play MORE pinball and pay attention to some of the things that are common features in coding. There is a whole litany of things that are expected and common in todays code that are both good for on route and for home play.

I love that you are a pinball novice as you have some great novel ideas but the game needs a swift kick in the ball saver to get some more commonplace code feature in place.

#3892 8 years ago

Game #167 here where are the tits and asses. All I saw was a big ol shaved nut sack.

#3893 8 years ago

Less balls and more titties please

#3894 8 years ago

Playfield art was a lot more clear and vibrant in this video. The lighting from the first video made the PF art look washed out. Game looks like it will be really fun with a lot of unique features. Super excited for it.

#3895 8 years ago

Playfield art looks great in the video. I can't wait to play this game!

I hope that 1000 corpses scoring gets more balanced. He got over 100m in about a minute. All the other modes only give a few million.

#3896 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Playfield art looks great in the video. I can't wait to play this game!
I hope that 1000 corpses scoring gets more balanced. He got over 100m in about a minute. All the other modes only give a few million.

Yes, balanced scoring is a must. Looks like WhySnow has got the bit between his teeth now, so I'm sure he'll be down at the factory making it happen

rd

#3897 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yes, balanced scoring is a must. Looks like WhySnow has got the bit between his teeth now, so I'm sure he'll be down at the factory making it happen
rd

Yes, otherwise people will just play one mode over the other modes and that would be the tournament strategy.

#3898 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ball search typically is not after 30 seconds, WAY too long!
Go check out a few other games to get an idea of what a good ball search does.
Off the top of my head:
After 7-8 seconds with no flipper engaged (i.e. no ball search when someone is trapping a ball) then the game cycles through ALL of the coils a few times to try and free a stuck ball. Best practice would be to fire the coils where a problem would most commonly occur (i.e in this case VUK) and to fire in a pattern that is most likely to free a stuck ball the quickest.
Honestly, go play MORE pinball and pay attention to some of the things that are common features in coding. There is a whole litany of things that are expected and common in todays code that are both good for on route and for home play.
I love that you are a pinball novice as you have some great novel ideas but the game needs a swift kick in the ball saver to get some more commonplace code feature in place.

Try not to take offense when a setting isn't the way you want. Just say, "hey make it x instead". 7-8 seconds it is, discounting flipper holds.

As for 1000 corpse, that mode could easily be turned off during tournament. Maybe, it could be turned into something else during tournament. That's if Hilton and Ben agree of course

#3899 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Game #167 here where are the tits and asses. All I saw was a big ol shaved nut sack.

I agree. MORE snooches and booches please!

I am not sure what is so offensive about the coin slot animation but a ball sac getting cut off is OK (I like the ball save animation, but poll your buyers and I bet they would in majority like more coin slots along with the ball saves).

Dont let a few people hold you back on the full gore/sex/chaos that the game can offer I would say if Rob approves then it is all good.

After all, there is a PG mode is people dont like the adult stuff.

#3900 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

As long as Fawzma is willing to accept feedback and suggestions I think we'll be just fine regarding score balancing and making sure the rules/software are great! I think what's there looks like a ton of fun and I think he's doing a great job especially considering this is his first Pinball ruleset. I think once collectors start getting their games and soliciting feedback via Pinside (dedicated rules thread) the code can really get the polish it needs to bring it home! Guys like Whysnow can be a big help as well. I know he gave some great suggestions to Ben which were used in AMH and made it a better game.

One big plus I already noticed and like is that the upper playfield flipper is disabled during single play modes except when in use. One thing I'd try to do is incorporate those playfield multiplier targets on the right side of the playfield more. Ideally it would be great if you could utilize them at all times and put them on timers like the Bell on ACDC. Every time you hit both targets you could add to your pf multiplier by 1X up to a max of 5X. As your timers get low you can hit a target (maybe the 3 target on the right) to extend them. This would bring a lot more strategy into stacking mb with pf multiplier. If this was done it would balance the playfield shots out more as its currently more left/ramp oriented.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.