Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 210.
#3801 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

For that I'm gonna PayPal you $5! PM me your email to claim your prize!!!

Just roll it into your preorder fund for Aurich for whenever he decides to unblock you and take you up on the offer.

#3802 3 years ago

Just watched House of 1000 corpses last night - wow.

I tend to watch all video-related games again before I get the game (have Congo, JM, IJ, WOZ of course and others). Fun to hear the call-outs after watching the films. I just hope that annoying giggle of Sheri's doesn't make it into the game too much!

#3803 3 years ago

Watched the Devil's Rejects last night again! wow

#3804 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Watched the Devil's Rejects last night again! wow

I like that film better - much slicker production, and even more disturbing characters. What great acting by entire family.

#3805 3 years ago

I don't find sherri annoying at all. I really enjoy her laugh.

#3806 3 years ago

Really? In 1000 corpses? She was fantastic in Devil's Rejects, just a bit shrill in 1000 for me. Did prefer the outfit at Pussy Liquor store though..........

#3807 3 years ago

It was funny watching Devils Rejects and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 how similar they are. Different but very similar with 2 sheriffs seeking revenge for a nutty family that killed their brother.

#3808 3 years ago

I loved Devil's Rejects. I love the cameos of Baseball girl (PJ Soles from Carrie) and Pricilla Barnes. Rob has such a passion for 70's stars. I really like that. If only Lords of Salem wasn't so off the rails.

TCM2 was awesome. What a whacked sequel. The fx is great. Tom Savini is amazing. Plate head was a hoot. The DJ reminded me of Jan Hooks. I remember seeing it in Canada in the 80's and it was censored. Then I got it on VHS in California and wow, what a difference.

So looking forward to my game. #219. Maybe the wait will make this summer go by slowly. Seems to zip by so fast each year.

#3809 3 years ago

When I was 13 all I wanted to do was grow up to be Tom Savini.

#3810 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ditto, and I actually got to hang with him WAY back in the day when I did some makeup effects work here in Florida.
Super nice guy.
I went with some friends and him to see Kevin Costner's ROBIN HOOD movie.

#3811 3 years ago

#167 let's get fucked up and do some fucked up shit!!

#3812 3 years ago

Awaiting 31

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The mock-up plastics w/original playfield seem to tie it all together with the cabinet and translite art.

playfield_new_plastics_(resized).jpg

The tombstone really ties the PF together.

#3814 3 years ago

Wow. Loving a new Zombie flick

#3815 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Tom has been a good friend for over 25 years! Crazy guy. True story...we're both drunk at a Chiller convention. He has his bull whip. He asks me to stand about 30 feet away and hold the cigar in my mouth. I do it and he cracks the whip and takes the cigar out of my mouth! The crowd goes crazy!

ted_carradine_savini_(resized).jpg

#3816 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I thought about something like this but didn't want to turn pinball into an iPhone app

I like the few high scores for certain major game goals
GOT has houses, Winter is Coming
LOTR has destroy the ring champion (DTR fastest time)

RZ could have 1000 corpse champion - fastest time (like DTR) or most corpes
The craziest multiball mode - highest score
Mini wizard mode(s) - higherst score
and... that's it

I would only have 2 or 3 based on major game events - I agree too many = iphone app

#3817 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Will be great when you can sync all this stuff to your iphone. Say you have a Spooky or Stern app, when you step up to play, it syncs all the essential data of your game via Bluetooth. The app then tracks your achievements over time, and compares them online to other players etc, etc, etc.
Pretty sure this would already be in development by at least one manufacturer. Not sure if it's possible for RZ.

Dutch did this with BoP 2.0, and likely labowski. It even takes screen shots as you play, and posts your top score (and of others) to a website, as the game is wifi and ties to your personal game # on the site.

#3818 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have watched the gameplay video on this, and to me the game seems so plain and basic for the price. Am I missing something? Comparing it to an ACDC or MET (Both Premium) this game seems so bland besides the color DMD, which can be added on to both ACDC/MET of course.

You are missing something. Until you see/play in person, and with completed rules, how can you have a true feel?

#3819 3 years ago
Quoted from rockett60:

I guess the truck delivering my AMH between 9am and 1pm tomorrow is just my imagination also.

Lions - what # are you? Must be getting close to the last one of the line.

#3820 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I would only have 2 or 3 based on major game events - I agree too many = iphone app

I wholey disagree. ANY and EVERY main mode should have a HSTD/achivement champ.

Only a few need an actual table of 3-5 people but every mode should have a champ. think TWD provides the perfect template.

Regular HSTD table, champ for each main mode, champ for each of the wizard modes, champ for X shot.

This gives people things to shoot for. It is good for both location play and for home play. There is little reason to not include more HSTD tables for achievments (wether score or time based). Making trackable achievements is a good thing and most pinball is still in the stone ages with this engagement of the player and desire to make goals.

This is a relatively simple thing to add and these are the sort of things that old men wont understand (change is scary, I know) but the younger generation identifies with and likes. I suggest getting out of your house and playing on location or having friends over more regularly to play your colleciton and you may start to realize the benefits of more trakcing and not less...

#3821 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Some tournament players could object to the multiplayer mode curse, but I personally love it. What a cool and interesting feature. And the whole dancing cat idea for family mode is a hoot. I love this ruleset.

AMH Ben listened to tourney players key points, and added setting - no extra balls, no ball save, etc. Points for EB instead.

Fawzma will likely add a tourney mode - no multiplayer stealing, no extra balls, no ball save, etc. Points for EB instead.

#3822 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Tom has been a good friend for over 25 years! Crazy guy. True story...we're both drunk at a Chiller convention. He has his bull whip. He asks me to stand about 30 feet away and hold the cigar in my mouth. I do it and he cracks the whip and takes the cigar out of my mouth! The crowd goes crazy!

ted_carradine_savini_(resized).jpg

LOL That took some balls and liquid courage! Hey y'all watch this, usually doesn't end well.

#3823 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

LOL That took some balls and liquid courage! He y'all watch this, usually doesn't end well.

True!!....especially the Liquid Courage part....

#3824 3 years ago

I met Tom a few times. He used to date a girl that worked next door to the game store I used to work at. He was a fan of classic arcade games at the time. I think I was the only one around that recognized him, so I was always tripping over myself to help him out.

#3825 3 years ago

Tune into http://Twitch.tv/dead_flip tomorrow (Friday 15th) around 5PM CST to see Jack Danger hanging out with the Spooky Pinball crew to go over their newest creation.

Watch as we play LIVE, and learn how to play along with Jack as he asks what the hell to do on the game.

RZDF_(resized).png

#3826 3 years ago

Fan expo in Toronto last summer.

IMG_3093_(resized).jpg

#3827 3 years ago

I was just getting ready to ask about the dead flip stream! Awesome, can't wait

#3828 3 years ago

Can't watch live, how long before it's on YouTube?

Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tune into http://Twitch.tv/dead_flip tomorrow (Friday 15th) around 5PM CST

#3829 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tune into http://Twitch.tv/dead_flip tomorrow (Friday 15th) around 5PM CST to see Jack Danger hanging out with the Spooky Pinball crew to go over their newest creation.
Watch as we play LIVE, and learn how to play along with Jack as he asks what the hell to do on the game.
RZDF_(resized).png

Looking forward to this! As someone that's played the machine my advice is to get some warm up games in as it takes a while to get a feel for the shots. Also don't be afraid to feel out the tilt. It wasn't until my last game that I realized there wasn't one . Hopefully Charlie remembers to install the tilt bob. I imagine the call outs for tilt warnings are great!

#3830 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

(+1)

#3831 3 years ago

Breakfast with Deadflip! 9 am Saturday morning, perfect for Australia.

#3832 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

RZDF_(resized).png

It's gonna be awesome

#3833 3 years ago

Almost done here. So the edge connector for the testing setup ended up not working. It required smaller drill holes for the vias then what I wanted to budget for the PCB manufacturing. Instead I will build a test jig that has "pogo" pins on it. I have built a couple of these for other people and is a fairly standard way of testing. I am pretty bummed out I won't be able to use that sweet edge connector tho

Updated layout image http://i.imgur.com/wcUpt6J.jpg

#3834 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

jalpert said:
(+1)

+2

#3835 3 years ago

It usually available on twitch immediately following the stream

#3836 3 years ago

It's archived to Twitch the moment we go live, but I'll have it on YouTube ASAP just for you folks that can't make it. Can't wait to see you all there!!!
<3
Let the beer/pizza/profanity floooooow!!

#3837 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

but I'll have it on YouTube ASAP just for you folks that can't make it.

images_(1)_(resized).png

#3838 3 years ago

Here is what the test points will look like. They are on the under side of the board (blue dots). This will allow us to test the boards without plugging stuff into the connectors which is the current method.

TP_(resized).png

#3839 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Just over an hour away from this.

#3840 3 years ago

Wow, game is brutal!

But in a good way - kind of like IM and BSD but with adult call outs etc.

It looks to have that 'one more game' quality

#3841 3 years ago

“That ramp is tighter than a zombie cheerleader’s ass!”

#3842 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, game is brutal!
But in a good way - kind of like IM and BSD but with adult call outs etc.
It looks to have that 'one more game' quality

I agree with this. I was also thinking a long row of drop targets would be a perfect way to take extra advantage of the 4 slings... though not a clue where to put them on this game... maybe next?

#3843 3 years ago

It's brutal and great. Callouts/theme are worth price of admission alone.

Really happy I'm in.

#3844 3 years ago

The Rob Zombie pinball stream is now archived on Twitch at:
http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/35663930

#3845 3 years ago

That was fun to watch. The game looks great, multiball modes were cool and dmd animations where crazy! One thing is for sure, it's and R rated pin. No way I could have in my house with an 8, 5, 4, and 1 year old but look forward to playing somewhere for sure!

#3846 3 years ago

The ball saves are gnarly graphics. Hope to see coin slot animation (why not go all the way with adult mode if it's adult mode?) Great call outs. What a wake up for pinball!

#3847 3 years ago

Loved it. Watched through some of the stream, at 1:36 he gets Dragula video mode... DMD does a nice pixelated dissolve to a loading screen and then we're treated to a first-person driving game and I notice the steering wheel is reminiscent of the sprites in the 80's Accolade game Test Drive. Mode completed, we see the screen border do a rainbow effect that reminds me of one of the old machine code monitor cartridges (not Super Snapshot, which is the only one I ever owned) and then boom, there's the Commodore 64 cyan on blue with "SPOOKSHOW BASIC V666", "READY." and a flashing cursor.

So, my only question is: how hard would it be to change the font on that last screen?

Spot on, gentlemen.

#3848 3 years ago

fawzma >> Listen to Ben Heck!

He is the real deal and has learned aLOT from AMH. Use that. PLEASE use that!

#3849 3 years ago

Ben mentioned wanting there to be something that accumulates on the ramp if you hit it not during a mode, but please if you do add that make it really low value. Don't want there to be any incentive what-so-ever to just loop the ramp all day. As it is already with the Chop ball save I feel like it might be too center ramp heavy (loop ramp 4 times, play for free during ball save, loop ramp 4 times, etc.)

#3850 3 years ago

I covered the twitch stream in my Podcast tonight:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kanedas-pinball-podcast-5-beta-test/page/6

Think I gave Whysnow a shout out.

I enjoyed what they showed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside