Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 210.
#3701 3 years ago

when is the Jack Danger streaming?

#3702 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Just wondering if anyone knows how numbers are being issued? Seems right after the initial decision period there were people posting spots/numbers much higher than people just now getting their numbers?

I believe it was stated a few pages ago that it is by the order in which they were contacted. I would think the people getting numbers now might have just got their checks cleared, or might have had to redo some things due to the PayPal refunds...

#3703 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think they said after the new shop was completed and moved into.

#3704 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"Tune in to www.Twitch.tv/dead_flip on January 15th for live game play stream of Spooky Pinballs latest creation, Rob Zombie Spookshow International!! Jack Danger and the whole spooky crew will duke it out and explain the details of the machine as they battle! See you there!! Time TBD."

Brad

#3705 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

"Tune in to http://www.Twitch.tv/dead_flip on January 15th for live game play stream of Spooky Pinballs latest creation, Rob Zombie Spookshow International!! Jack Danger and the whole spooky crew will duke it out and explain the details of the machine as they battle! See you there!! Time TBD."
Brad

How's the weather in Benton? Construction in the winter almost always equals delays.

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How's the weather in Benton? Construction in the winter almost always equals delays.

Snowy. The Benton-ers know how to work through the weather though.

Here was it as of two days ago, pretty remarkable progress considering how little time has passed since they started it -
12418087_1010123329048894_2842005064829751091_n_(resized).jpg

#3707 3 years ago
Quoted from TrevixClemson:

I think they said after the new shop was completed and moved into.

Charlie said on the latest podcast that it will be in the new shop if it's done, or the old one. KT said the old shop is a mess, but I don't think that is going to stop the show.

#3708 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Snowy. The Benton-ers know how to work through the weather though.

Wow! Big progress!

#3709 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Just wondering if anyone knows how numbers are being issued? Seems right after the initial decision period there were people posting spots/numbers much higher than people just now getting their numbers?

Take into account how quickly you got back to KT. If you were in the list of the first 250 or so you heard quickly and were given a week to decide. I'm sure some people emailed her back right away. I took a few days to think it over. I didn't get my number until after my check cleared.

#3710 3 years ago

Greetings Pinside.

Ya'll have been so nice and receptive to Mr. Fawzma... that as of today, he is now the FULL TIME PROGRAMMER AT SPOOKY PINBALL LLC!!! Like he gave notice to his day job, and took a career in pinball. Who does that?! Clearly he's crazy.

Can't even begin to describe what a HUGE step this is for our company (and hopefully David too).

Fawzma_(resized).jpg

#3711 3 years ago

Welcome to Club Crazy!

#3712 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Charlie said on the latest podcast that

I think Charlie also mentioned about a new logo Rob worked on for the pinball machine during this same podcast. Judging on how there has been tough critics on the plastics and playfield design from previous posts, I wonder if Spooky will show what the logo looked like before and after Rob and Charlie worked on it together? It would be interesting to see the differences. Plus, will there be any influences from Rob's latest album (The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser) on any of the development of the Rob Zombie pinball machine?

#3713 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Greetings Pinside.
Ya'll have been so nice and receptive to Mr. Fawzma... that as of today, he is now the FULL TIME PROGRAMMER AT SPOOKY PINBALL LLC!!! Like he gave notice to his day job, and took a career in pinball. Who does that?! Clearly he's crazy.
Can't even begin to describe what a HUGE step this is for our company (and hopefully David too).

Fawzma_(resized).jpg

congratulations go drink a beer (not a fosters)

#3714 3 years ago

From there Facebook Nice pop bumper for RZ

FB_IMG_1452119176861_(resized).jpg

#3715 3 years ago

Way to go Spooky and Fozzy! Building a great team

And you have the "Longhorn" engineer, what more could you ask for.

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I think Charlie also mentioned about a new logo Rob worked on

Everybody knows what the first logo looks like. Here is leaked pic of revised design.

Spooky1_(resized).jpg

#3717 3 years ago

I searched a bit and couldn't find anything, so apologies if this has already been answered, but are there plans to support achievements on this platform?

Leaderboards are fantastic, but achievements would extend the life of a home game tremendously...a few dozen goals ranging from hitting every target in a single game to beating the wizard mode on the hardest difficulty.

Would probably be difficult given all the variation in settings, but maybe there's a way to do it where they're only applied if you leave everything on default or harder?

#3718 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I searched a bit and couldn't find anything, so apologies if this has already been answered, but are there plans to support achievements on this platform?
Leaderboards are fantastic, but achievements would extend the life of a home game tremendously...a few dozen goals ranging from hitting every target in a single game to beating the wizard mode on the hardest difficulty.
Would probably be difficult given all the variation in settings, but maybe there's a way to do it where they're only applied if you leave everything on default or harder?

I thought about something like this but didn't want to turn pinball into an iPhone app

#3719 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I thought about something like this but didn't want to turn pinball into an iPhone app

I also am not particularly a fan of adding achievements. I never find achievements to add to a video game anyways. Proper incentive and reward to playing the game comes from the game design itself, not little side bonus instructions/graphics.

#3720 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Way to go Spooky and Fozzy! Building a great team
And you have the "Longhorn" engineer, what more could you ask for.

No "quotes" about it. 2011 Grad in ECE at UT.

FawzmaGames. Instead of achievements on a phone say like it records the high score of different things. Like number of zomibes killed or items collected. So you have a Score HS list and a HS list for all the items collected.

#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

No "quotes" about it. 2011 Grad in ECE at UT.
FawzmaGames. Instead of achievements on a phone say like it records the high score of different things. Like number of zomibes killed or items collected. So you have a Score HS list and a HS list for all the items collected.

As long as the list isn't the length of the credits on T2, why not? Maybe add a setting to be able to turn off if they are displayed or not. More goals is always a good thing IMO, and being able to tailor the list to your liking (as far as what is displayed) should go hand in hand. I think TWD has a nice balance of how many scores get displayed for various mode champs and such.

#3722 3 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

With the new/added memory you guys are doing. I was planning on something like this instead.

#3723 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

With the new/added memory you guys are doing. I was planning on something like this instead.

Sweet. I think the high score section of TWD is the model to look at.

#3724 3 years ago

I dig simple achievement high score goals like the 6 ball victor in MSF where you see the last victor's initials on the book when you hit the ramp. It gives you an "easy" goal to try and knock off.

-c

#3725 3 years ago

I love the achievement idea. It just adds a different draw to the game. Last night on METLE I played a game just to see if I could beat my combo score. Fun game just trying to make combos the entire time... I failed to beat it though. I agree that TWD has some nice achievement format.

#3726 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

agree with this bigtime. adds surprising amount of depth. very noticeable when missing on other games. (would love to have monger/whiplash/ champion on IM, or doc ock etc on Spidey for examples)

What champion, house 1k champion...good stuff

#3727 3 years ago

One of the reasons ACDC is so successful as a game is that every song has a high score so there is always something extra to try and beat.

Mode high score tables is essential

#3728 3 years ago

IF you have the ability I will say that one of the better coding ideas worth stealing from and unnamed already failed company...

individual player tracking

The idea is that you could step up to a game BEFORE playing and hit a button combination along with the start button which would allow you to enter your initials up front. It then tracked all sorts of cool data in your player profile.

I step up and enter HMJ and then it keeps track of things like how many times I have completed mode x, gotten to multiball, collected jackpots, super jackpots, achived mini wizard modes, wizard modes, etc.

For a home play (or even route play experience) it would be great to be able to compare to others over time.

I could compare to my wife and have bragging rights for making it to X, Y, or Z.

This sort of player tracking would be a really cool thing that adds lots of lastability to a game IMO.

#3729 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Send me one and I'll make it happen

#3730 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IF you have the ability I will say that one of the better coding ideas worth stealing from and unnamed already failed company...
The idea is that you could step up to a game BEFORE playing and hit a button combination along with the start button which would allow you to enter your initials up front. It then tracked all sorts of cool data in your player profile.
I step up and enter HMJ and then it keeps track of things like how many times I have completed mode x, gotten to multiball, collected jackpots, super jackpots, achived mini wizard modes, wizard modes, etc.
For a home play (or even route play experience) it would be great to be able to compare to others over time.
I could compare to my wife and have bragging rights for making it to X, Y, or Z.
This sort of player tracking would be a really cool thing that adds lots of lastability to a game IMO.

That is pretty nifty. I'd expand to say I'd love to see someone adapt HS tables to show more than just the "king" of the game in the modes. My wife loves getting highs scores on stuff but if I get a good run going, all the games at home just show my initials. Being able to see different people is such a neat idea be it through initials like Hilton mentioned for personal progress, or some way to dive into each of the modes high scores tables. Maybe while a modes champ initials are showing press both flippers to see a larger table of say top 5 for that mode?

I know too elaborate can make things messy but just some ideas!

#3731 3 years ago

Having a high score in the Dodd family when you initials are not "ART" is probably pretty rare

#3732 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Will be great when you can sync all this stuff to your iphone. Say you have a Spooky or Stern app, when you step up to play, it syncs all the essential data of your game via Bluetooth. The app then tracks your achievements over time, and compares them online to other players etc, etc, etc.

Pretty sure this would already be in development by at least one manufacturer. Not sure if it's possible for RZ.

#3733 3 years ago

I have watched the gameplay video on this, and to me the game seems so plain and basic for the price. Am I missing something? Comparing it to an ACDC or MET (Both Premium) this game seems so bland besides the color DMD, which can be added on to both ACDC/MET of course.

#3734 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have watched the gameplay video on this, and to me the game seems so plain and basic for the price. Am I missing something? Comparing it to an ACDC or MET (Both Premium) this game seems so bland besides the color DMD, which can be added on of course to both ACDC/MET of course.

different tastes for different people. To me both ACDC and MET are about as bland as they can get for modern pinball. (Hells Bells all the time, crappy cannon blocking view, fan layout, shoot the top X times for another multiball where you shoot the toy again; BLARGH and boring).

I have played RZ and it is far from bland. Gameplay has exposed pops and kickers with lots of lateral movement, a very unique shot layout which is challenging with some good risk and reward, and code seems to be progressing nicely. What exactly is bland to you about RZ?

#3735 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Disappointing to know that it's been thought about and dismissed, but good to know where Spooky sits on it and what to expect from their games. Thanks for responding.

#3736 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I like this idea. When I had a Road Show my wife would get excited when she could enter her initials... she isn't a very good player but Road Show is one of the few pins that tracks daily high scores so she didn't have to score a billion points to enter her initials, just be able to exceed the default daily high scores. The ability to add this and/or the ability for individuals to track their own high scores actually provides a lot of intangible benefits as such.

Also similar, achievements do add to the intangible values of those games... doesn't have to be a lot to track, but people get really excited about achieving mode-based high scores like song scores in ACDC and CIU in MET, or combo champion in XM. It's one of the reason code is being praised in newer machines.

#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have watched the gameplay video on this, and to me the game seems so plain and basic for the price. Am I missing something? Comparing it to an ACDC or MET (Both Premium) this game seems so bland besides the color DMD, which can be added on to both ACDC/MET of course.

I have yet to see an initial video of any game that makes me say "I must have it"... pinball requires hands-on play. Also, there's only so many shots that can be reasonably designed into in a standard width game, so you find that the likes of ACDC, MET, LOTR, GOT are all run-of-the mill fan layouts with 2 flippers, 2 lower slings and 3 clustered pops that are differentiated from other games, and each other, primarily by theme and rules.

RZ is at least a change from the normal by adding 2 extra slings and dispersing the pops around the playfield... so at this point it boils down to a compelling ruleset that takes full advantage of the theme and playfield design. That's a wait-and-see at this point.

#3738 3 years ago

This game looks very good. Anyone agree?

#3739 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just trying to see how this machine is a day one purchase at $8K+

WTF are you talking about?

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

None of you guys are worried that this title is made by a new company with no experience making pinball machines either? Just trying to see how this machine is a day one purchase at $8K+. Seems risky. But that's just my opinion of course.

Here's some good reading. Be sure to read for information!

http://www.spookypinball.com/games-swag/

#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

None of you guys are worried that this title is made by a new company with no experience making pinball machines either? Just trying to see how this machine is a day one purchase at $8K+. Seems risky. But that's just my opinion of course.

Uh.

It's not a new company.

They have experience making pinball machines.

It's $6k, not $8k.

If I'd stayed in I would have been 100% confident that Charlie was going to deliver my game.

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I guess the AMH I was playing last night doesn't count as a pinball machine then? No one knows what RZ secondary market value will be, but they are 6K NIB not 8K. You don't have to worry about the risk, if you were not on the list 6+ months ago you can't get the game NIB anyway.

#3743 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am more concerned that a user account less than 1 month old has so little experience yet such strong opinions with so many facts wrong.

Spooky has successfully built their first game and delivered ~130/150 total units already with largely positive reviews and desire to own (selling for more on secondary market than original price is telling). They have also started building their own manufacturing shop and seem to be managing their growth really well.

RZ is 6000 for standard and 6500 for the LE, not 8000 like you claim.

It is a day one purchase for many because it is a cool theme from a proven company in limited numbers. It also has a wait list over 400 deep of people that did not get the shot to buy.

The actual risk is VERY small and aside from any percieved risk the actual $$$ amount is ONLY 1000 deposit with the remainder paid when your game is ready. Spooky takes less money down than many Stern distributors do...

#3744 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am more concerned that a user account less than 1 month old has so little experience yet such strong opinions with so many facts wrong.

concerned? or suspicious?

-c

#3745 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anytime you preorder a pin you're trusting a company with your money. I understand there is a risk and I'm willing to take that for $1,000. Anything above that I probably wouldn't have ordered.

#3746 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I did like that about that other company....

Another suggestion would be that you can have game settings per initial or player so that I could have some modes be set to hard and my wife can have modes set to easy based upon whose initials "logged in".

#3747 3 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I did like that about that other company....
Another suggestion would be that you can have game settings per initial or player so that I could have some modes be set to hard and my wife can have modes set to easy based upon whose initials "logged in".

That would be pretty cool.

#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

a new company with no experience making pinball machines either

I guess this AMH I have has just been in my imagination the whole time. Man and it was really fun too!

#3749 3 years ago

I guess the truck delivering my AMH between 9am and 1pm tomorrow is just my imagination also.

#3750 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Either you're a blatant troll, or extremely ignorant of the facts. Which is it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside