2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 223.
#3651 8 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

The LE backglass artwork sure would have made an amazing playfield and plastics set.
RZ-fantasy-playfield_(resized).jpg

26 upvotes (no down). too bad spooky is so dead set on keeping it as it is.

#3652 8 years ago

A pinball that was designed via the thumbs up / thumbs down on pinside would be the worst pinball you could ever imagine.

Quoted from SilverBallz:

#3653 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Yes, it looks cool.

But this is a young company that cannot afford to lose months of time through a re-design.

Game is sold out. They priced it right.

Anybody not liking can drop out and let next person have it.

#3654 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

A pinball that was designed via the thumbs up / thumbs down on pinside would be the worst pinball you could ever imagine.

thumbs up

#3655 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yes, it looks cool.
But this is a young company that cannot afford to lose months of time through a re-design.
Game is sold out. They priced it right.
Anybody not liking can drop out and let next person have it.

i agree. it's priced right and sold out so they don't have to do anything. and anything they do won't make everyone 100% happy anyway.

but maybe they can have an alternate playfield for an added fee, as an option? spooky was talking about selling accessories. while a playfield isn't really an accessory, it could potentially make more money for the company.

#3656 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

That playfield is calling for a lower playfield really bad imo. Right where that center graphic is.

Dr. Satan's Lair would be an awesome lower playfield-

That LE back glass playfield mock up looks pretty rad. I still like the machine how Spooky has presented it though. Congrats to the lucky ones that got to snag one-

#3657 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is what it would look like ....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3658 8 years ago

You guys are making way too big a deal out of the playfield artwork. Wait until you see the game in person and you may decide you really like it. Yeah it's different than what we may be used to but it's cool and beautiful in it's own way. I like it a lot after seeing it in person and I know the other guys (and gal) did as well. Never once (even behind Charlie's back) did I ever hear anyone say anything negative about the art and honestly the thought never crossed my mind. And just wait until you see what the translite artwork looks like in person and lit up in the game. Spooky is going to sell a ton of both versions! Anyone have any recommendations for lightboxes? I'm definitely going to have to get one!

#3659 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

image_(resized).jpeg

I'm already at work on it !

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#3660 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The playfield art is the only common complaint on this game.

#3661 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The legs feel way too metally

#3662 8 years ago

Complaints and negativity are typically 10+ times louder than people who are happy with something.

Quoted from Baiter:

#3663 8 years ago

Playfield art is fine with me but if the majority didnt like it and Spooky made changes that improved the majoritys view i would support it obviously. #227

#3664 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Spooky is going to sell a ton of both versions!

Well, 300 total to be exact.

#3665 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

image_(resized).jpeg

Much too plain, could you add some flames on the sides.

#3666 8 years ago

Let's not have short memories now. People's feedback made Hobbit look so much nicer. It's hard not to see what could have been when you line them up side by side. Spooky owns all the art. I think Aurich said it best...you need a designer to help guide the artist on how to lay stuff out.

RZ-playfield-comparison_(1)_(resized).jpgRZ-playfield-comparison_(1)_(resized).jpg

#3667 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Even if it did look better which is debatable, people would just bitch about what they used on the back glass now that the back glass is being used on the play field.

No, because they could just use the standard translite and make it a true backglass for the LE owners. Would be a huge improvement in the overall art package IMO.

#3668 8 years ago

Except for the plastics, I like the one on the left better....
...but what do I know...i also like the Standard Translite better than the LE...

#3669 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, 300 total to be exact.

I'm talking translites not games I could see them easily selling 500 translites alone!

#3670 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Except for the plastics, I like the one on the left better....

Look at the upper playfield art. Ted I know you see it!!!

#3671 8 years ago

Oh, I wasn't looking there...
...aftermarket sticker mod....

#3672 8 years ago

Hard to tell with that comparison. The left image looks washed out while the right photoshopped image has vibrant color.

#3673 8 years ago

:-)Let's try and be a little more positive in 2016 Krapneda!

Take your bi polar contradictory personality and do a pod cast. You obviously love to hear yourself talk.

You can troll yourself and ramble for hours about nothing. It worked for Seinfeld

#3674 8 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Hard to tell with that comparison. The left image looks washed out while the right photoshopped image has vibrant color.

Nope. That's how it looks. Washed out. The hair (or tree branches) is blurry for some reason too.

#3675 8 years ago

For those wondering about the $500 LE price difference - remember, the artist needs to get paid.

It's not just what the printing costs.

#3676 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Let's not have short memories now. People's feedback made Hobbit look so much nicer. It's hard not to see what could have been when you line them up side by side. Spooky owns all the art. I think Aurich said it best...you need a designer to help guide the artist on how to lay stuff out.
RZ-playfield-comparison_(1)_(resized).jpg

Poor comparison when the real playfield is washed out (as the whole photo is) and all the plastics are eclipsed by lights underneath (makes the mock up look far bolder side by side). Plastic integration is far better on the mock up, but I prefer the real playfield otherwise. I tried to fix the left photo a bit to make the playfield a bit more equal.

RZx_(resized).jpgRZx_(resized).jpg

#3677 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I tried to fix the left photo a bit to make the playfield a bit more equal.

Anyone tried to fit the right plastics on the left PF?

#3678 8 years ago

Swapping out plastics won't be a big deal...

#3679 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Poor comparison when the real playfield is washed out (as the whole photo is) and all the plastics are eclipsed by lights underneath (makes the mock up look far bolder side by side). Plastic integration is far better on the mock up, but I prefer the real playfield otherwise.

The mock-up plastics w/original playfield seem to tie it all together with the cabinet and translite art.

playfield_new_plastics_(resized).jpgplayfield_new_plastics_(resized).jpg

#3680 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The mock-up plastics w/original playfield seem to tie it all together with the cabinet and translite art.

playfield_new_plastics_(resized).jpg

That looks great. Big enhancement just from the plastics.

#3681 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Upper play field is not the original,...

#3682 8 years ago

I'm just curious who else on this thread is on the wait list and hasn't been contacted by Spooky?
The pin looks simply amazing. I'm just really surprised that the wait list is hundreds deep. Who here has a high 200's number and when did you get on the wait list?

#3683 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I prefer the backglass art on the pf minus the black border. Agreed on the plastics. Then add some haunted house style pinblades and you have a winner.

#3684 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

RZ-playfield-comparison_(1)_(resized).jpg

DeadHorse_(resized).jpgDeadHorse_(resized).jpg

DeadHorse_(resized).jpgDeadHorse_(resized).jpg

#3685 8 years ago

#274, got on the wait list July 3rd.

#3686 8 years ago

Just got my number - 120. Yes! I like it. Lol.

#3687 8 years ago

Any of the fortunate last few getting into the high 200's that like to share, feel free to join our club, we're kind of dormant for now, but it'll pick up when the time is right-

We're filfthy and just thrilled with Spooky Pinball's contributions to the hobby. We don't bitch about art or plastics, just put our money where it belongs and look forward to playing super fun and unique pinball with a ridiculously cool theme

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mongrels-of-pinball-filfth-rzssi-club

#3688 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

That looks great. I like everything but the graphic on the mini playfield. I also think that once the three inserts are added, it would make that playfield look a lot less barren.

#3689 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Hey, that looks great! Giving the plastics more character while keeping the PF simple is a really nice combination.

I think the original upper PF is fine, but changing up those six plastics really gives it a richer look and feel.

In on game #201!

#3690 8 years ago

#282, got on wait list July 4th.

#3691 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I think the original upper PF is fine, but changing up those six plastics really gives it a richer look and feel.

Here it is with original upper PF

playfield_new_plastics2_(resized).jpgplayfield_new_plastics2_(resized).jpg

#3692 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Just got my number - 120. Yes! I like it. Lol.

Mine is #110 YaY

#3693 8 years ago

The le plastics look so much nicer, on standard machine. I would pay extra for that option for sure.

#3694 8 years ago

Just follow-up to an article I read about Spooky Pinball last year:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/spooky-pinball-makes-its-mark-in-a-tiny-town/article_ea6f0383-212f-5cab-9ab6-f0e5c367a0d2.html

"...building his own manufacturing facility in the Benton Business Park." I always think it is great when hard work and effort pays off!

Brad

#3695 8 years ago

I agree with the plastic change. Shouldnt be too difficult?

#3696 8 years ago

#44.

#3697 8 years ago

Got our numbers today
Games 129 and 135

#3698 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Here it is with original upper PF

playfield_new_plastics2_(resized).jpg

I think the plastics look great.

#3699 8 years ago

happy with the game especially with the few more inserts added! All of the following would be aftermarket - the right plastics, some skins or mirror blades, custom powder armor, some mods, and a lighted plexiglass decorated back board would make this perfect. just my opinion.

#3700 8 years ago

Just wondering if anyone knows how numbers are being issued? Seems right after the initial decision period there were people posting spots/numbers much higher than people just now getting their numbers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.