Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 210.
#3601 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Check your spam filter, and if you have any questions, kt@spookypinball.com will get you taken care of. Emails regarding this change went out last week.
We will no longer be using PayPal to process any game sales... everything will go via our own merchant account. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience!

Spam folder was the first place I checked. Nothing in my deleted emails. Paypal refund note said to check personal email sent 1/4/16. Oh well, KT pm'd me the email.

#3602 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Oh well, KT pm'd me the email.

Just give her a quick call. Everything will be fixed in 5 minutes.

#3603 3 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

LE's will have a backglass, as well as different side armor, official plate, apron? some other changes.
-c

And best of all, they get their machines before the rest of us! That alone is worth the extra $500. The trim/backglass is just the icing on the cake.

#3604 3 years ago

dup

#3605 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

And best of all, they get their machines before the rest of us! That alone is worth the extra $500. The trim/backglass is just the icing on the cake.

Unless you are like me and you don't mind waiting and setting a little $$ on the side and then - voila'! - game is paid for and you didn't even feel the pinch.

#3606 3 years ago

Ok, I'm still confused on this whole translite thing. If both translites are available to everyone, then what's the $500 extra for the LE getting you? The term 'backglass' keeps coming up. Are we talking about a *real* backglass or a laminated pseudo-backglass like AMH uses? It's also an issue where if an LE owner wants to get a standard translite, they wouldn't be able to just drop it in. They would have to get custom glass cut and possibly more.

I haven't even heard the details on the LE siderails or other extras yet, so I can't speak on the value I would personally apply to those. I honestly hadn't even given them much thought, because I thought the main reason I was paying a premium was for the limited artwork...

#3607 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that would be AWESOME!!!
Parker/Ben >> any chance of this? Headphone jack would be really great for this game!

The PinHeck board already has a 3.5MM TRS audio connector. This feeds into the audio amp Chuck uses. We won't be providing a headphone only jack on the board but with the PHABULOUS (PinHeck Addon Board / User Logic Optional Universal Slot) connector it would be possible to add a dedicated headphone jack. With the right bit of code tweaks you could make it work easily enough. I figure the best way to do this would use a TRS jack with a switch in it so it can detect if your headphones are plugged in or not.

Someone get working on this

I did change out the 3.5MM TRS audio connector to a gold plated model that is a bit more robust to help eliminate the problems we had with the silver plated version on REV5. For some reason I couldn't find a PTH style gold plated 3.5MM TRS connector so I went SMT on it. It has pegs so it should be hard to accidentally remove . Part # SJ1-3513-SMT for those that want to know.

#3608 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It's also an issue where if an LE owner wants to get a standard translite, they wouldn't be able to just drop it in. They would have to get custom glass cut and possibly more.

No one in the history of Pinball has ever taken an LE backglass out of a pin and willingly replaced it with a translite.... Put the standard translite in a frame and mount it on your wall. Just be happy you're getting an LE which you and only 49 other people are fortunate to have! I've heard of people that were upset about not getting an LE and getting stuck with a standard, but never the other way around. I can now see why Charlie doesn't want to have LE versions in the future. Too many whiners and complainers....

#3609 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

No one in the history of Pinball has ever taken an LE backglass out of a pin and willingly replaced it with a translite.... Put the standard translite in a frame and mount it on your wall. Just be happy you're getting an LE which you and only 49 other people are fortunate to have! I've heard of people that were upset about not getting an LE and getting stuck with a standard, but never the other way around. I can now see why Charlie doesn't want to have LE versions in the future. Too many whiners and complainers....

You in on either version, Mike?

#3610 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You in on either version, Mike?

Yep! Standard #213. After playing it on Sat. I can't wait!

#3611 3 years ago

Me too!

#3612 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yep! Standard #213. After playing it on Sat. I can't wait!

You guys have seen spooky's shop and met him before. What is it that sets him apart from all the other boutique game makers? Spooky has been the only guys to actually start, develop, and ship games without any drama.

#3613 3 years ago

Easy. He is from Wisconsin.

#3614 3 years ago

Guess I am one of the last lucky ones to get in. Sent my $1000 deposit and told I am in the 290's... Guess that puts me somewhere in 2017 maybe June? Long time to wait but glad to be in the club.

#3615 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That means a lot coming from a FIB

I can't speak for the others having not met them but Charlie doesn't over promise and under deliver. He doesnt sit on your money for years on end and break promise after promise, and he doesn't publically belittle the competition. He's just a hard working Wisconsin guy and gets the job done. I have a lot of respect for the way he runs his business!

#3616 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Tron LE Translite for Tron Girls Translite

#3617 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That means a lot coming from a FIB

Hey facker. Spent 3 months in WI every year since born and now proudly call it home for over a decade, i am pretty much a FWB.

#3618 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey facker. Spent 3 months in WI every year since born and now proudly call it home for over a decade, i am pretty much a FWB.

Once a FIB always a FIB but you can still be my friend. Oh, and BTW the Bears still suck!

#3619 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Tron LE Translite for Tron Girls Translite

Lenticular translite And it was not unique to the LE. Pro had it as well.

#3620 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I took the 3D translite out of my Tron LE and replaced it with the hot chick version as soon as I could get one cuz I love me some Quorra, so close enough. I also strongly considered it with LOTR LE but eventually just sold the game before I got to it. When the standard run is limited to 250, then that makes it a limited edition anyway, so I never understood the rationale in having an LE. Having an LE in such a small run is the only mistake Spooky has made so far, IMO. I honestly don't care about having a LE, but I do want the LE translite/BG artwork in the game just cuz it looks so bad ass.

#3621 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hyde_(resized).png

#3622 3 years ago

2 secret keys of success to learn from Spooky:

1) Design game on your own time & dime.
2) Compute BOM before announcing price.

#3623 3 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

I honestly don't care about having a LE, but I do want the LE translite/BG artwork in the game just cuz it looks so bad ass.

If you wanted to switch with someone I know GAP is #51 and would gladly pay $500 to trade for your LE and get his game sooner he's even in the same city as you. in all reality no one is going to put their RZ LE backglass on the wall in favor of a standard translite like the other poster suggested. Artwork is badass like you said! Standard is great as well. Glad we standard owners have another option and Spooky has another revenue stream to pump money into their business! We all win

#3624 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You guys have seen spooky's shop and met him before. What is it that sets him apart from all the other boutique game makers?

He's not a retard.

rd

#3625 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Guess I am one of the last lucky ones to get in. Sent my $1000 deposit and told I am in the 290's... Guess that puts me somewhere in 2017 maybe June? Long time to wait but glad to be in the club.

Congrats! If you can't wait you can check out mine in Nov/dec of this year.

#3626 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

He's not a retard.
rd

LMFAO!!! So true. He also surrounds himself with makers...Mr. Heck is a man who gets shit done.

#3627 3 years ago

These translites are like starring at two perfect breasts, trying to decide which to fondle first (with consent of course). You can't lose either way.

#3628 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you wanted to switch with someone I know GAP is #51 and would gladly pay $500 to trade for your LE and get his game sooner he's even in the same city as you. in all reality no one is going to put their RZ LE backglass on the wall in favor of a standard translite like the other poster suggested. Artwork is badass like you said! Standard is great as well. Glad we standard owners have another option and Spooky has another revenue stream to pump money into their business! We all win

Never said I was getting an LE. Just stated I wanted the LE artwork on the glass.

#3629 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Betelgeuse seems to simply be asking what he is getting for spending an extra $500.00, not to mention that it was supposed to be a "thank you" to the original supporters of Spooky. I personally fail to see how that makes him a "whiner or complainer". We haven't really seen any benefits to the LE so far other than the backglass (or is it a translite) and now it looks like it's available for everyone to purchase.

#3630 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

1) Design game on your own time & dime.
2) Compute BOM before announcing price.

No no.. make an announcement, take in pre-order money for a ridiculous low production run without knowing what anything will cost or who your parts suppliers and vendors are... and and then pre-sell 2 other pinballs to pay for rent, R&D, capital equipment, continuation of salary for 4 years... thenn announce you ran out of money so pay this 3rd party to finish building them for a much higher price and reduced exclusivity... until that 3rd party realizes you're an idiot and drops out after shelling out $40k... get sued, live out of your van... Yea you're right Ben, your method seems to work.

#3631 3 years ago

Le has backglass ( a real backglass is what chuck said on sat whe i was there), special sweet trim with le specific powder, and plaque.

I am not sure all what constitutes the trim but hope it includes the rails, lockdown, legs, and coindoor. That alone typically costs me 250. Real backglass is worth another 250.

All seems to check out fine and is an appreciated thank you!

My undertanding was that art versions of both will be available as translite only. Great way for spooky to bring in some more funds.

#3632 3 years ago

The two companies that failed were run by people that lived in an alternate reality. The Spooky people are normal, honest people with theirs heads screwed on straight. Charlie recognizes his strengths and weaknesses and acts accordingly.

#3633 3 years ago

Imagine that, NORMAL, business minded people that communicate and don't try and BS everybody. Who would have ever thought that would be possible in pinball?

#3634 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Imagine that, NORMAL, business minded people that communicate and don't try and BS everybody. Who would have ever thought that would be possible in pinball?

Don't jinx us !!!!!

#3635 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

The two companies that failed were run by people that lived in an alternate reality. The Spooky people are normal, honest people with theirs heads screwed on straight. Charlie recognizes his strengths and weaknesses and acts accordingly.

indeed spooky does it right and it well only get better from here Spooky Rules

#3636 3 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Betelgeuse seems to simply be asking what he is getting for spending an extra $500.00, not to mention that it was supposed to be a "thank you" to the original supporters of Spooky. I personally fail to see how that makes him a "whiner or complainer". We haven't really seen any benefits to the LE so far other than the backglass (or is it a translite) and now it looks like it's available for everyone to purchase.

This. Sorry if it makes me a 'whiner' because I would like to know what i'm buying. I know this is pinside where some people don't care.

#3637 3 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

From talking with Charlie he mentioned that 130 of the 150 AMH buyers were also in on RZ. That means that 80 of these early supporters were not rewarded with the opportunity to get an LE and are getting standards instead. And the LE weren't always the earliest AMH buyers. I'm not sure if that's fair but its reality. I just want to point out that if Betelguese is questioning if paying $500 extra is really worth it that there are many standard buyers that would gladly trade places with him and jump to the front of the line and get special trim and backglass. It's not just a matter of the dollar figure of these accessories but getting to own an even more exclusive game that will always be more valuable and sought after. Didn't really mean to call him a complainer and apologize for that but rather hope that he realizes that he is fortunate to be among this small group.

#3638 3 years ago

Pretty sure Charlie indicated awhile back that the LE backglasses could NOT be purchased separate. Perhaps the LE artwork can be purchased as a translite and that seems fine, but selling a BG separate would devalue the LE IMO.

#3639 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Congrats! If you can't wait you can check out mine in Nov/dec of this year.

LE#1 is coming to Calgary so I think I will be fine to check one out in advance here .. But thanks for the offer.

#3640 3 years ago

I am a AMH buyer given the chance for RZLE or Standard, but chose standard as I am not a huge fan of his music as I'm sure some others are. Love the theme, the originality, and don't mind the films, but thought it would be better if a true fanatic had the chance to grab the LE. I don't think you can ever equate LE extra pricing to the BOM costs. I have 3 LE sterns and they are not worth that much more than the premiums re additional money - you are paying for earlier arrival and bling if you have the spare cash.

#3641 3 years ago

The LE backglass artwork sure would have made an amazing playfield and plastics set.

RZ-fantasy-playfield_(resized).jpg

#3642 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

These translites are like starring at two perfect breasts, trying to decide which to fondle first (with consent of course). You can't lose either way.

Have you even touched a tit before?

#3643 3 years ago

Nope. Still trying to decide which to fondle first.

#3644 3 years ago

I hear they feel like bags of sand

#3645 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

The LE backglass artwork sure would have made an amazing playfield and plastics set.

Wow, just wow, this is amazing.

#3646 3 years ago

I heard they are amazing to touch

#3647 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

That playfield is calling for a lower playfield really bad imo. Right where that center graphic is.

#3648 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Nice... that is a substantial improvement.

#3649 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

I probably would have stayed in if the pf art went that direction. Looks pretty good.

#3650 3 years ago

Even if it did look better which is debatable, people would just bitch about what they used on the back glass now that the back glass is being used on the play field.

Quoted from Pimp77:

I probably would have stayed in if the pf art went that direction. Looks pretty good.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside