Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 210.
#3551 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

My point is not everything has to be absolutely perfect. Your post was pointless and useless. Anything I say beyond that probably won't be very nice. Did you ever think that not every thought that pops into your head needs to be posted here?

Quoted from RustyLizard:

My point is not everything has to be absolutely perfect. Your post was pointless and useless. Anything I say beyond that probably won't be very nice. Did you ever think that not every thought that pops into your head needs to be posted here?

We're on pinside man, not in a client meeting. Ghostbusters speculation thread has like 15 pages of nothing but people posting every thought that pops into their head.

Look, I love this pin but just think there's one area that should be polished more. It's not gonna happen and that's fine. I'll shut up about it now.

#3552 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We're on pinside man, not in a client meeting. Ghostbusters speculation thread has like 15 pages of nothing but people posting every thought that pops into their head.
Look, I love this pin but just think there's one area that should be polished more. It's not gonna happen and that's fine. I'll shut up about it now.

Thank You

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can someone explain to me what the artists was going for in the upper playfield design? I'm super excited by this pin and it sounds like it's shaping up to be great. But when I look at the upper right area of the playfield, it's empty. Coupled with the plastics that have nothing on them, how is this getting such a "passing" grade?
I don't think we're going to get a fair review until non-buyers play / review. Commence down votes, but you know it's true.

Doesn't look too empty to me!

Are you talking about the art on the upper pf itself?

image_(resized).jpeg

#3554 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Doesn't look too empty to me!
Are you talking about the art on the upper pf itself?

image_(resized).jpeg

Yeah, just the art. The toys look amazing.

#3555 3 years ago

nevermind

ignore feature is your friend

#3556 3 years ago

Don't ignore me my friend!!!!

#3557 3 years ago

This pin is gonna be awesome. I'll leave it at that. I hope someone makes some plastics for it and then it will be even sweeter.

#3558 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can someone explain to me what the artists was going for in the upper playfield design? I'm super excited by this pin and it sounds like it's shaping up to be great. But when I look at the upper right area of the playfield, it's empty. Coupled with the plastics that have nothing on them, how is this getting such a "passing" grade?
I don't think we're going to get a fair review until non-buyers play / review. Commence down votes, but you know it's true.

I was a critic of the p/f art but nothing is perfect and it is more than good enough. It knocks GOT p/f out of the park for example.

#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yeah, just the art. The toys look amazing.

It's a gas station...I think it fits well!

Dude your not in on this so please keep your options to yourself, on this. No pinball is perfect and I'm sure there will be things that people feel could have been done better....but you got to give it to spooky there doing a great job and things are only going to improve the more pins they make!

So it's time to take a 15 minute walk, take the hell pussy for a drive in another thread. We all know what you think now move along...........further.......further.....keep moving...better!

#3560 3 years ago

Keep in mind that this is the prototype game. There are a few differences between this and the production game. A few of these things Charlie mentioned when we were over are.

-The skull pile on the upper playfield is not final.-he showed us the production one and it is much bloodier and more detailed.
-the ramp on this game is just spray painted, the final one will have a much better finish.-Also there is an improved plastic ramp cover.
-bucket of chicken will be more lively in production (will be on a spring).-on the proto game the chicken was velcro'd to the bucket
-the production plastic in front of "Living Dead Girl" is different than what's in the game.

I know he mentioned other things but I can't recall them right now. As for the upper playfield art I think it's just fine for what it is. I'm glad it's not super busy and I like that it doesn't detract from the rest of the game. And I'll say it again, Matt from Backalley really did an incredible job on the toys! The robot is probably my favorite but the attention to detail on the Captain Spaulding bobblehead, skull pile, and living Dead Girl is perfect. And seeing the chicken bounce up and down when the pop bumper goes off is a great effect.

#3561 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Keep in mind that this is the prototype game. There are a few differences between this and the production game. A few of these things Charlie mentioned when we were over are.
-The skull pile on the upper playfield is not final.-he showed us the production one and it is much bloodier and more detailed.
-the ramp on this game is just spray painted, the final one will have a much better finish.-Also there is an improved plastic ramp cover.
-bucket of chicken will be more lively in production (will be on a spring).-on the proto game the chicken was velcro'd to the bucket
-the production plastic in front of "Living Dead Girl" is different than what's in the game.
I know he mentioned other things but I can't recall them right now

Also this:

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

we're adding 3 more inserts for 2X, 5X, and 10X above the tombstone... won't happen until production.

#3562 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Will it be possible to activate/de-activate family mode without opening the coin door? Like holding both flipper buttons or a certain combo of flipper button hits? Would be really handy in a home environment.
Also, is a headphone jack possible as an add on?

If they don't do a headphone kit, I'll look into making something that will work with it. Getting my hands on a friends amh soon. Looking forward to my robs zombie game

#3563 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

If they don't do a headphone kit, I'll look into making something that will work with it. Getting my hands on a friends amh soon. Looking forward to my robs zombie game

A headphone kit would be a must add mod for me if you make them! Otherwise I'm going to be stuck playing the game in "family mode" while my 2 year old son is within earshot distance.-or on low volume after he goes to bed. And this isn't a game I'll want to play on low volume

#3564 3 years ago

The added "x" inserts will be perfect above the tombstone to help add some imagery there.

I will say it again, the PF in person looks much better and cohesive in person.

What really matters is the gameplay. The shot layout is really fun. It is a heavy right flipper game (lots of shots to the left) and shots are tighter and different placement than you think they will be which is challenging in a good way. The lateral movement on this deck is really nice and creates risk/reward.

What I am really looking forward to is playing on more vetted code. As far as I am concerned Charlie has done his job.

Art > Check
Good license > Check
Fun and Unique layout > Check
Cool Toys > Check
Good geometry with physical risk/reward > Check
Good music > check
Color Display > check
Hand drawn art (pf, cab, glass, toys) > check
Improved build quality > check

Fawzma > It is all in your hands now (no pressure)

Well and the hands of the minons to get these built with quality and consistency

#3565 3 years ago

There are a few things I plan to add to my personal game:

1. new plastics (I dont like the art on those and plan to make something a bit more my taste) I am not art inclined but hope to figure something out.
2. a spinner tied into the rattle bonus switch? Plan on putting the spinner on the upper pf right hand side. I have never seen a spinner on an upper pf and it will be fun to try and mod the game to add this somehow
3. Coin door to accept a bill validator. With 10% of AMH on route I am guessing a similar % of RZ may see route. If putting it on route it will need a DBV slot

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

A headphone kit would be a must add mod for me if you make them! Otherwise I'm going to be stuck playing the game in "family mode" while my 2 year old son is within earshot distance.-or on low volume after he goes to bed. And this isn't a game I'll want to play on low volume

What do you plan to do for the adult themed graphics? I don't think we have a video out option

#3567 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

1. new plastics (I dont like the art on those and plan to make something a bit more my taste) I am not art inclined but hope to figure something out.
2. a spinner tied into the rattle bonus switch? Plan on putting the spinner on the upper pf right hand side. I have never seen a spinner on an upper pf and it will be fun to try and mod the game to add this somehow
3. Coin door to accept a bill validator. With 10% of AMH on route I am guessing a similar % of RZ may see route. If putting it on route it will need a DBV slot

Spinner is a good idea, and upper playfield is a good unique location.

#3568 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Spinner on the rattle switch may not be a good idea. I have that bonus stuff and other things tied to that because of how the ball gets in that situation. One hit of the spinner and you max out everything related to that rattle.

#3569 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I know he mentioned other things but I can't recall them right now.

Wasn't it a few more spotlights?

#3570 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What do you plan to do for the adult themed graphics? I don't think we have a video out option

Graphics are absolutely fine so don't hold anything back for the sake of being family friendly He's just at the age where he parrots everything he hears and my wife wouldn't be too happy if he started dropping F-bombs around the house.

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just don't desecrate the game by turning it into some kind of Phish/Rob Zombie hybrid machine like I know you'll be tempted to do

I agree that a spinner would be awesome on the upper playfield as long as the mod was reversible and made sense with scoring.

#3572 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Spinner on the rattle switch may not be a good idea. I have that bonus stuff and other things tied to that because of how the ball gets in that situation. One hit of the spinner and you max out everything related to that rattle.

ok

Can you please code in a spinner on the upper playfield for me

or is there another switch it could tie into well?

This is a mod I will come up with so long as there is a cool/good way to implement it in the software. I will be happy to share with others whatever it is I develop. Basically I like spinners and want one. I feel it is the one thing missing from the game and completely understand the game is 'done' and dont expect Spooky to add it/ respect their decision to not add it. That said, would really be cool if there was a way for a modder to easily add it it and have the software work with the mod

#3573 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ok
This is a mod I will come up with so long as there is a cool/good way to implement it in the software. I will be happy to share with others whatever it is I develop. Basically I like spinners and want one. I feel it is the one thing missing from the game and completely understand the game is 'done' and dont expect Spooky to add it/ respect their decision to not add it. That said, would really be cool if there was a way for a modder to easily add it it and have the software work with the mod

Most mods don't require code adjustments to work. I'd stick to the plastics and other visual mods to enhance the pin. First thing this baby needs is a pair of black mirror blades. I wish companies would offer mirror blade installation straight from the factory.

#3574 3 years ago

Just noticed the ramp in the center has 'Zombie' etched into it. Cool!

#3575 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

can you stub out a switch in the switch "matrix" that awards a configurable amount of points and makes a short sound?

-c

#3576 3 years ago

I'm in for a spinner mod

#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ok

it would be cool to be able to add a spinner to the upper pf.
and sign me up for a set of the plastics.

i was thinking a cover/guard for the exposed wood front of the upper pf might be a nice touch.

#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is Ben redesigning the board? Maybe he would add a 3.5mm audio out?

#3579 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Is Ben redesigning the board? Maybe he would add a 3.5mm audio out?

that would be AWESOME!!!

Parker/Ben >> any chance of this? Headphone jack would be really great for this game!

#3580 3 years ago

Does the audio amp in AMH have a 3.5mm out? It has that 3.5mm in which has been giving me some problems, keep forgetting to get back to Chuck about that.

#3581 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Does the audio amp in AMH have a 3.5mm out? It has that 3.5mm in which has been giving me some problems, keep forgetting to get back to Chuck about that.

I don't believe the amp (I think they use a Lepai model) has a 3.5 mm out.-only in. The output would most likely have to be done on the board itself.-and I think only Ben/Parker would know the answer to this since the it's a new board. It would be great to have this option factory direct!- I know I'd pay extra to have one installed.

#3582 3 years ago

Unexplained Paypal refund from Spooky. Awesome...

#3583 3 years ago

Hello awesome Spooky Pinball customer.

This email is to let you know that Spooky Pinball LLC will no longer be using PayPal to process game sales. Our new merchant account is now with Elavon (subsidiary of US Bank).

https://www.elavon.com/About/Company

We'll be issuing a refund of your deposit via PayPal. No worries, your spot with the Rob Zombie Spookshow International game is safe and secure!

You'll need to call Kaye to re-process your deposit with our new system. DO NOT send credit card information via email.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Going forward with this system in place will make game and merchandise sales MUCH simpler and efficient, on-line, on the phone, and in person when we see you at pinball shows across the country.

Please call Kayte at: {phone number} to complete the switch over at your earliest convenience.

You can email any questions you might have to:

{email addresses}

Thank you for the patience and understanding!

#3584 3 years ago

Charlie said they were changing credit card processing and some PayPal deposits would be refunded. I suspect you will be asked to re-deposit using the new system.

#3585 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Yep, you should have gotten an email about this last week. I was refunded very quickly after email and just waiting for the money to go from my paypal back to my bank to redeposit it with them. Your game is safe they assured everyone in the email.

#3586 3 years ago

so i am in on this and now i know a lot of you guys have played it. not sure what number i am or anything like that since i bought from joe at pinballstar and he said he would look into it. here is my question - is this thing going to feel, offer up, look, and sound like a classic bally/williams or a modern stern? no need to look at what i have because it is the typical addams, mb, mm, acdc, met, both star treks, .... I only played a little of amh at allentown so i couldn't really get an accurate feel for a spooky game. any input would be much appreciated. thanks, ant

#3587 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep, you should have gotten an email about this last week. I was refunded very quickly after email and just waiting for the money to go from my paypal back to my bank to redeposit it with them. Your game is safe they assured everyone in the email.

Nothing yet...

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

so i am in on this and now i know a lot of you guys have played it. not sure what number i am or anything like that since i bought from joe at pinballstar and he said he would look into it. here is my question - is this thing going to feel, offer up, look, and sound like a classic bally/williams or a modern stern? no need to look at what i have because it is the typical addams, mb, mm, acdc, met, both star treks, .... I only played a little of amh at allentown so i couldn't really get an accurate feel for a spooky game. any input would be much appreciated. thanks, ant

No, really on one of the above. If you are looking for cues that remind you of other games there aren't many.

It has the Spooky feel but more refined. Flippers feel a little more WPCish than AMH. Doesn't really remind me of any other game in particular.

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

No, really on one of the above. If you are looking for cues that remind you of other games there aren't many.
It has the Spooky feel but more refined. Flippers feel a little more WPCish than AMH. Doesn't really remind me of any other game in particular.

well i guess that is good in that it will be a unique addition to my collection.

#3590 3 years ago

The game feels very solid to play. Good flipper feel (more wpc than Stern), snappy slings and pops, etc. Gameplay/layout reminds me of mid 80's Gottlieb in that it is quite unconventional (exposed pops, upper playfield slings, non fan layout, etc). It's a great mix of old/new and is one of the most challenging pins I have played. There aren't many safe shots and it is easy for the ball to get out of control. Deadly stand up targets and lots of horizontal action! Hitting the "1" and "3" standups is incredibly difficult. Left orbit shot is further off the right flipper than you think it would be. It also takes a strong shot for it to reach the upper playfield vuk. Inner orbit shots are tight, etc. The only easy shot in the game is the middle ramp. I felt like I was fighting against the game most of the time I was playing it and while there is a possibility for flow, I wouldn't call it a flow game because all it takes is a slight miss and the ball goes out of control. It's definitely a game that takes a handful of warmup games before you start getting a feel for where the shots are. Hopefully when Jack from Deadflip goes out to play it he gets a good half hour warmup on the game before going live or he may be in for a World of hurt

#3591 3 years ago

I'm also getting mine from Joe at Pinball Star and I'm also still waiting on my official number.

I have played amh and love the game currently in process of getting mine. Haven't played rz not sure what its like compared to stern/wpc act. But it well be awesome and hope its as challenging as amh.

#3592 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The good news is that the translites should be available to purchase and we'll be able to swap either into our games.

Is this something Spooky told you? I'd love to have both, but I haven't seen any information that would make me think that they had decided to make them available.

#3593 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I'm also getting mine from Joe at Pinball Star and I'm also still waiting on my official number.
I have played amh and love the game currently in process of getting mine. Haven't played rz not sure what its like compared to stern/wpc act. But it well be awesome and hope its as challenging as amh.

awesome. i remember we played amh together. you were telling me about getting a tron from automated. this was a few years back. glad you are getting amh. enjoy!!

#3594 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Is this something Spooky told you? I'd love to have both, but I haven't seen any information that would make me think that they had decided to make them available.

Yes. Translites for both versions will be available for sale in the future per Spooky. I'd imagine that nearly all game owners would purchase an alternate translite and I can also see these being a huge seller for the non-owners as well! I think this is a smart business decision as it brings in extra revenue to Spooky which is essential for a growing company. So yes, please everyone buy at least one translite It also sounds like there will be licensed mods coming our way as well but I'll let Spooky spill the beans on those when the time is right.

#3595 3 years ago

all this news and impressions over the last few days is great

I'm glad I'm in on this one but I'm in the 200's so I will have to wait

#3596 3 years ago

awesome. i remember we played amh together. you were telling me about getting a tron from automated. this was a few years back. glad you are getting amh. enjoy!!

Hey dude I remember that it was my 1st pinball convention I think too.

#3597 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yes. Translites for both versions will be available for sale in the future per Spooky. I'd imagine that nearly all game owners would purchase an alternate translite and I can also see these being a huge seller for the non-owners as well! I think this is a smart business decision as it brings in extra revenue to Spooky which is essential for a growing company. So yes, please everyone buy at least one translite It also sounds like there will be licensed mods coming our way as well but I'll let Spooky spill the beans on those when the time is right.

Nice. If I had stayed in on the Standard I would definitely buy the LE translite to swap into my game, to me it's the far superior option. Glad he's letting people do that.

#3598 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice. If I had stayed in on the Standard I would definitely buy the LE translite to swap into my game, to me it's the far superior option. Glad he's letting people do that.

Is this confirmed. I thought they said they weren't doing this. Sort of makes the LE pointless. Given they all are LEs...

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Is this confirmed. I thought they said they weren't doing this. Sort of makes the LE pointless. Given they all are LEs...

LE's will have a backglass, as well as different side armor, official plate, apron? some other changes.

-c

#3600 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Check your spam filter, and if you have any questions, kt@spookypinball.com will get you taken care of. Emails regarding this change went out last week.

We will no longer be using PayPal to process any game sales... everything will go via our own merchant account. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 50.00
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside