2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 223.
#3501 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

according to latest spooky podcast, they are 3 away from selling out (not including #300). I don't know if that's going through the whole 700 list, or if they are slowly working their way up the list and giving each person a day to respond. And yet everyone was complaining they were only making 300, I think it's a good number.

Sounds like they only made it about 360 or 370 deep. cHarlie said over 500 on the waitlist and they have been going VERY slow and careful as they get to the last few commitments as they don't want any screw ups. he reiterated that you are only as good as your word and 300 is IT. No more, no less.

#3502 8 years ago

Got to play the game today and it plays really nice. the pf art looks better in person, the game is very challenging in a good way, the code is progressing, and it is unique.

Most important to me is that they have made some positive changes in build quality and have obviously learned how to make things better for production from AMH experience. sO long as fawzma keeps an open mind about tweaking and improving the game code once players start to get their hands on it,then RZ is going to be super solid and F U N!

Nice job charlie and crew! Looking forward to seeing this get built and progress over the next year!

#3503 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Here are some random pics.

Thanks for the close ups. I think I have the patience to wait for this one, but any additional info about the game makes the wait easier.

I think I'm going to have to buy a cover, though. I love the artwork, but some of my friends, parents, my 3 year old, etc won't be as enamored.

#3504 8 years ago

Hilton, what has been done to improve build quality?

New shop? Mostly AMH experience?

#3505 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hilton, what has been done to improve build quality?
New shop? Mostly AMH experience?

New apron arch, better ball guide making process, pf through holes better aligned and routed for wire placement, more organized build and process, and just general pinball QC stuff that a trained eye notices. I have torn apart lots of games now and you begin to learn subtle things from those that made them in the past. sPooky have obviously worked on making number 2 better from things they learned on number 1. I like seeing that.

#3506 8 years ago

New slick ball trough.

They know what they are doing and the future looks bright for team spooky IMO so long as they keep on this trajectory and keep an eye towards continual improvuement.

#3507 8 years ago

I was lucky enough to get to see and play the game today as well. Thanks Hilton for inviting me along and thanks Charlie for being such a gracious host! It was cool running into GAP as well and getting to share some 4 player games.

As for the game itself I had a blast playing it and found the gameplay both challenging and refreshingly different. The mode rules were easy to understand but difficult to pull off. There were 5 of us playing today and I don't think anyone of us completed a mode on the first attempt. I really like that there is mode continuation and some things in the rules that haven't been done before. The sounds, call outs and animations that are there so far are great! Lots of language and f bombs and I will definitely have to keep this in family mode while the kids are around. The code already shows great progress and will only get better. Hoping that Fawzma keeps an open mind for suggestions and tweaks like Hilton mentioned. As far as the look of the game I thought it was amazing! I was never much of a fan of Backalleys WOZ molds but the toys on this game are incredible and show a high degree of detail. I also thought the playfield art looked great in person. It looked like an oil painting and wasn't muddy looking at all up close. Overall getting to see it in person eased any doubts in my mind and I can't wait to play the game again and wish Spooky the best for moving to the new factory and getting these built! Thanks again Charlie!

IMG_20160102_115916826_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_115916826_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160102_115157175_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_115157175_(resized).jpg

#3508 8 years ago

Which translite is which?

#3509 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing the photos! Game is looking fantastic!

#3510 8 years ago

Got it... Left is standard... So so sweet! I love it. I was guessing left was LE as to me I thought it has more detail and just a great "feel" to it.

#3511 8 years ago

Thank you to everyone for welcoming me to the club. And a big thank you to Aurich I beleive your pass was the reason I got a spot. And it's true I really wanted to get this. A big thank you to Katye who answered the phone on her way back from getting groceries and called me back to take my deposit. Wow what a great company and a great game.

#3512 8 years ago

Both translites are kickass.

#3513 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Both translites are kickass.

Yeah both are but i like normal one better.

#3514 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Yeah both are but i like normal one better.

The Standard translite has the same Rob Zombie image as the playfield so that, to me, helps it tie in more to the overall game.

#3515 8 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

The Standard translite has the same Rob Zombie image as the playfield so that, to me, helps it tie in more to the overall game.

Yeah but... it doesn't have the witch on the broom stick!

#3516 8 years ago

to each their own, I like the LE backglass best.

The regular translite looks great also. Would love to own both images on a shirt.

#3517 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Artwork is incredible up close. I don't mind the artwork on playfield being different than the cabinet.

Quoted from MikeS:

I also thought the playfield art looked great in person. It looked like an oil painting and wasn't muddy looking at all up close.

Thank you for both finally posting decent pics of the playfield. That was something Spooky should have done before deposits were due.

#3518 8 years ago

I would like to own both translates so I can change them up from time to time.

#3519 8 years ago

Thanks to GAP and the other guys chiming in today regarding their take on the machine, gameplay, etc. Looking forward to getting my game in 2016!

#3520 8 years ago

I was able to head out to Spooky today as well (thanks for the ride, Hilton!) and give the game a whirl. It's really shaping up to be an incredible game. When the power first turned on and the translite was lit up, I thought it was 3D - no kidding. The depth on it was just spectacular. Cabinet art looked even better in person than the pictures, and the playfield and all the toys on there were great as well. Really a sweet looking game.

As far as gameplay, the game was a lot tougher than I expected it to be. I don't think I ever managed to finish a mode, and over the course of 3 four-person games I think there were only a couple completed. The layout is a lot different than anything out there, and made for a fun shooter. Code was still a work in progress, but the audio and visuals were already looking great. One that sticks in my mind was for the Ball Save. Suffice it to say, it's pretty graphic and definitely not family friendly!

Thanks to Charlie for letting us check it out. Was nice to meet GAP as well, and we even stopped at Lawrence's for some lunch on the way home. A great day!

#3521 8 years ago

Will it be possible to activate/de-activate family mode without opening the coin door? Like holding both flipper buttons or a certain combo of flipper button hits? Would be really handy in a home environment.

Also, is a headphone jack possible as an add on?

#3522 8 years ago

Have to admit I get a better idea of what the artist was going for when I see the unpopulated pf. (Thanks for posting guys).

This game will be unique.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3523 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Will it be possible to activate/de-activate family mode without opening the coin door? Like holding both flipper buttons or a certain combo of flipper button hits? Would be really handy in a home environment.
Also, is a headphone jack possible as an add on?

from Fawzma, yes on family adult flipper toggle, see below. headphone, I can't remember what Ben or longhorn said...but I definitely want a headphone jack whether factory and mod afterward

---
Flipper Code has been added. You can activate this in the main menu settings screen. One is to set it in record mode, the other is for when it’s set. I’ll have to add a 3rd option for operators who don’t want people trying to guess the code.

Flipper code is for changing adult mode while in attract mode so you don’t need to open the door.

When in attract mode, hold both flippers for 10 seconds. The backglass will flash for 3 seconds. left go of the flippers. When in record mode, you are show a screen with instructions on setting the code. Once the code is set, it will flip the setting to “SET” mode and save it on EEPROM.

In SET mode, hold flippers for 10 seconds, BG flashes, let go of flippers.. then enter your flip code when it stops flashing. Entering the code successfully will turn the backglass red when in adult mode, and you’ll certainly hear about it. If it goes into family mode, the backglass will turn green.

#3524 8 years ago

Sweet thanks for a well lit shot of the bare playfield.

#3525 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

from Fawzma, yes on family adult flipper toggle, see below. headphone, I can't remember what Ben or longhorn said...but I definitely want a headphone jack whether factory and mod afterward
---
Flipper Code has been added. You can activate this in the main menu settings screen. One is to set it in record mode, the other is for when it’s set. I’ll have to add a 3rd option for operators who don’t want people trying to guess the code.
Flipper code is for changing adult mode while in attract mode so you don’t need to open the door.
When in attract mode, hold both flippers for 10 seconds. The backglass will flash for 3 seconds. left go of the flippers. When in record mode, you are show a screen with instructions on setting the code. Once the code is set, it will flip the setting to “SET” mode and save it on EEPROM.
In SET mode, hold flippers for 10 seconds, BG flashes, let go of flippers.. then enter your flip code when it stops flashing. Entering the code successfully will turn the backglass red when in adult mode, and you’ll certainly hear about it. If it goes into family mode, the backglass will turn green.

Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping for with a clever record option as well.

#3526 8 years ago

We're adding an RTC so you can set Adult Mode to auto-enable during certain times of the day.

#3527 8 years ago

Very jealous that you guys got to play it today! Glad to hear positive reports, looking forward to the stream in a few weeks!

#3528 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We're adding an RTC so you can set Adult Mode to auto-enable during certain times of the day.

Genius.

#3529 8 years ago

As far as the translites go I think both are incredible and its tough to pick a favorite. The LE has great action shot and has really vibrant colors but I think I like how the standard translite depicts the characters better and it also depicts the horror aspect of the theme better. The good news is that the translites should be available to purchase and we'll be able to swap either into our games. The actual LE will have a backglass vs. A translite which will keep that edition more special.

The art really has to be seen in person to get the full effect. I agree with Sean that the translite lit up looks remarkable! Print quality on the cab and playfield was super clear (non pixilated) and high quality as well. It's amazing that such a small company can do so many things better than some of the big companies. The display effects on the dmd are also above and beyond what were used to seeing. Here are a few other pics I took with my phone from my visit today.

IMG_20160102_115043988_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_115043988_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160102_115013711_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_115013711_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160102_115008530_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_115008530_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160102_114511705_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_114511705_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160102_113200271_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_113200271_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160102_115135466_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_115135466_(resized).jpg

#3530 8 years ago

I see by the T&A in this machine, that it's really trying to tempt me to jump on the bandwagon.

#3531 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Very jealous that you guys got to play it today! Glad to hear positive reports, looking forward to the stream in a few weeks!

Do you really think there wlld be any negative things said lol? I cant wait for the dead flip stream tho.

#3532 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Do you really think there wlld be any negative things said lol? I cant wait for the dead flip stream tho.

Could be. I know a few early AMH adopters who weren't satisfied with the game and it left their collections quickly, but not a vocal majority of that your absolutely correct.

#3533 8 years ago

Never noticed the cool looking bat on the left middle. Very cool.

#3534 8 years ago

Was a lot of fun having a group of guys (and gal) play the game today... and everyone smiling, laughing, and enjoying what we've worked so hard to make as good as we can sure makes me feel better!

You never know what people will think until it's out there. I'm just glad people are giving a non fan layout a fair shake and enjoying it for what it was intended to be.

New shop is coming along fairly well considering the weather, and I just can't wait to get in there and get set up. With a little luck, January will be our last month in the ol' rental space. Onward and upward in 2016!!!

#3535 8 years ago

thanks again chuck for having us out! Great times.

A few more photos located here >> https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/

#3536 8 years ago

Special thanks to you guys and gals for the pics and reviews of the game. I was also glad to hear that there will be an option to purchase the LE back glass art in a translite. It's great that Spooky and Fawzma are taking input from the community, really makes you feel like you have something in the game personally. I can not wait to make my road trip to Benton from Florida to pick mine up. Hopefully it won't be in the middle of a blizzard! #141.

#3537 8 years ago

Game is looking neat, excited to try it out sometime!

#3538 8 years ago

Thank you, those pictures helped a lot. This game is blowing me out; the wife agrees, RZ is our grail pin.

#3539 8 years ago

Charlie, let me know if you need help moving in Jan or Feb. I can grab so local pinball guys and we can make a weekend of it and help u out.

#3540 8 years ago

This is the board that I designed and Ben programmed that runs our LCD.

JldPE5t_(resized).jpgJldPE5t_(resized).jpg

#3541 8 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

JldPE5t_(resized).jpg

Its amazing what you guys have done to make the LCD so amazingly awesome. Makes stern look cheap.

#3542 8 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

JldPE5t_(resized).jpg

Awesome. What size LCD does this run? Laptop style or something custom?

#3543 8 years ago

15.9" 1920x1080 LCD with 40 pin dual-channel link, pretty much the same as a ColorDMD.

IMG_20160103_201819678_(resized).jpgIMG_20160103_201819678_(resized).jpg

#3544 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

15.9" 1920x1080 LCD with 40 pin dual-channel link, pretty much the same as a ColorDMD.

Sooo.. bible adventures is a go then? The old testament needs pixels dammit

#3545 8 years ago

Getting closer to finishing the new board revision. http://i.imgur.com/wlHjIeK.jpg

#3546 8 years ago

Wish list for RZSSI:

Bill changer option from spooky. I know it's a lot to ask, but mine will be routed so a bill changer would be nice.

Plastic protectors installed by spooky at an add-on price. I believe this turned out to be a popular option among AMH owners once made available.

Cliffy or mantis protectors where suitable, such as at the mode launcher hole, installed by spooky at an add-on price. If protectors are possible and relevant, again I believe this would be a popular option.

#3547 8 years ago

Can someone explain to me what the artists was going for in the upper playfield design? I'm super excited by this pin and it sounds like it's shaping up to be great. But when I look at the upper right area of the playfield, it's empty. Coupled with the plastics that have nothing on them, how is this getting such a "passing" grade?

I don't think we're going to get a fair review until non-buyers play / review. Commence down votes, but you know it's true.

#3548 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can someone explain to me what the artists was going for in the upper playfield design? I'm super excited by this pin and it sounds like it's shaping up to be great. But when I look at the upper right area of the playfield, it's empty. Coupled with the plastics that have nothing on them, how is this getting such a "passing" grade?
I don't think we're going to get a fair review until non-buyers play / review. Commence down votes, but you know it's true.

Quoted from kaneda:

Screenshot_2016-01-04-06-01-36.pngScreenshot_2016-01-04-06-01-36.png

#3549 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Screenshot_2016-01-04-06-01-36.png

My car was built after the recall date. Your point being? Look all I'm saying is this...when someone says they saw the pin in person and now get what the artists was going for with the upper playfield look, what were they going for? It just looks blank on the upper playfield and a huge black area on the space underneath.

I love everything else about this pin, but it's being reviewed in a vacuum for sure. When will they have it at a show so non buyers can play / review. I know I know everyone is sold, but I still want to know how people not in feel after flipping. Is that ok?

#3550 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

My car was built after the recall date. Your point being?

My point is not everything has to be absolutely perfect. Your post was pointless and useless. Anything I say beyond that probably won't be very nice. Did you ever think that not every thought that pops into your head needs to be posted here?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.