Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 211.
#3451 4 years ago

I love the community helping to code this pin. Super cool.

#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Sorry for the possible redundant question but when is the first construction on new games expected to begin?

Probably in February

#3453 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Probably in February

Thanks. Is it going to stay at the 5 games per week or does the new factory up that mark?

#3454 4 years ago

It'll be as much as they can put out

#3455 4 years ago

Showed my wife the RHPL sign.

She said "that's not going in our house with our 3 girls"

I said you are right, it's going into my converted garage man cave. Enter at your own risk

#3456 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Sneak attack!!
Superbeast mode is the fifth main mode of six.
In this mode you are the beast trying to catch a girl in the woods. The DMD shows a first person view of you in the woods hunting a girl down. As you progress, you are shown weaving though the woods till you catch her.
The goal of this mode is to hit the center ramp 5 times without hitting any targets. Hitting pops is ok. If at any time you shoot the left orbit and you are able to fall into the secret passage, you can insta-beat the mode with a “sneak attack”. Hitting the ramp resets the fail counter.
Beating Superbeast earns a 2 ball multiball (subject to change). In overtime, shoot the ramp to collect jackpots. Super jackpots are only enabled if you used the sneak attack. Shooting the inside left orbit earns the Super jackpots.
More goodies will need to be added to this mode as it feels kinda empty the way it is.
Interesting side story about this mode, the original videos depicting the beast/girl chase was a 2d side view. The beast was in the middle with the girl on the left side with woods/fog scrolling in the background. This idea prompted the request for dual layers to be used in the Pinheck system.
Normal video is played at 30FPS. When you are using 2 layers, they are then run at 15 FPS. This dual layer system is used in the Dragula video mode.
The 2d side view stuff may come back, but in some other mode perhaps. You never know. Maybe I can use it to indicate how close you are to jackpot/superjackpots in Superbeast overtime mode. Perhaps hitting the targets you weren’t supposed to would get the beast closer and add to the jackpot. Better yet, maybe use the pops instead to advance the jackpots and beast.

What do you do with the girl when you catch her?

#3457 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I like this.. if flipper/s is held for say 3 seconds.. assume you are holding the ball.. then turn off all the lights.. flash whats left.

Bingo. Love that idea.

#3458 4 years ago

Dupe post

#3460 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'm conflicted with that because if you don't indicate whats remaining, you'll get frustrated trying to figure out why the mode hasn't been beat.

So what if it was the reverse scenario, you start with all lights on and work your way to complete darkness, that way you'd see what shots are left.

#3461 4 years ago

Question on the skill shot: It appears to be random as far as bouncing off the left upper sling, then right upper sling, then robot pop bumper. Is there any timing or skill involved?

#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

What do you do with the girl when you catch her?

I've tossed an idea around about something we could do to make the catching part a little dramatic.. I have some ideas and it ties into giving the overtime mode a bit more to do.

Crap this reminds me.. I forgot a piece about this mode that leads into "feels so numb" infection mode. I'll update the overview and post the edit here in a bit.

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

So what if it was the reverse scenario, you start with all lights on and work your way to complete darkness, that way you'd see what shots are left.

The RZ call outs clearly say to turn the lights on, so I'm limited to doing the opposite.

#3464 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Question on the skill shot: It appears to be random as far as bouncing off the left upper sling, then right upper sling, then robot pop bumper. Is there any timing or skill involved?

Skill shot can be completed by plunging the ball with just the right amount of pull.

#3465 4 years ago

The overview was updated with missing info

**Edit**

Totally forgot about this. This mode has an infection mode (Feels so Numb). In fact all modes have it, but this one is on by default. There is a user setting to turn infection on or off for each mode. Infection mode is a way to stop people from replaying their favorite main mode over and over. What this means is, after you beat a mode and you play it again; if you fail the mode you go into infection mode.

Everything goes dark and a green heartbeat/pulse sound/light starts playing. The DMD will have an infection meter that goes from 0 - 100% . This is a timed (about 70 seconds) event where you have to hit 3 lit targets in a random order. If you fail to complete the infection mode, everything dies; forcing your ball to drain.

One twist to this mode, (it's user settable) that is, your flippers are reversed.

#3466 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The overview was updated with missing info
**Edit**
Totally forgot about this. This mode has an infection mode (Feels so Numb). In fact all modes have it, but this one is on by default. There is a user setting to turn infection on or off for each mode. Infection mode is a way to stop people from replaying their favorite main mode over and over. What this means is, after you beat a mode and you play it again; if you fail the mode you go into infection mode.
Everything goes dark and a green heartbeat/pulse sound/light starts playing. The DMD will have an infection meter that goes from 0 - 100% . This is a timed (about 70 seconds) event where you have to hit 3 lit targets in a random order. If you fail to complete the infection mode, everything dies; forcing your ball to drain.
One twist to this mode, (it's user settable) that is, your flippers are reversed.

I am glad we have someone like Fawzma programming the PinHeck System.

#3467 4 years ago

Wow, I love the infection idea so much. That's the kind of creative thinking I love to see, claps all around.

#3468 4 years ago

Fawzma: What aren't the inlane switches included in Demonoid?

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Fawzma: What aren't the inlane switches included in Demonoid?

I don't think you want to try and go for the outlanes to beat this mode, think about it.

#3470 4 years ago

Inlanes aren't outlanes Making people get the inlanes is more than fair.

But giving one ballsave each side for the outlanes would be Super Neat (you get a ballsave if you haven't hit that switch during the mode), and having to get both to finish. Maybe on the 'infected' version?

#3471 4 years ago

damn infection sounds great

very risk reward

#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

But giving one ballsave each side for the outlanes would be Super Neat (you get a ballsave if you haven't hit that switch during the mode), and having to get both to finish. Maybe on the 'infected' version?

Great idea!

#3473 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Another TSPP nod....I'm not complaining mind you as many including myself believe TSPP to have one of the best rule sets ever. This game is shaping up to be spectacular....not that there's anything wrong with that

#3474 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I like this.. if flipper/s is held for say 3 seconds.. assume you are holding the ball.. then turn off all the lights.. flash whats left.

This game is heading in the direction of awesome

And infection mode sounds superb.

You can feel the passion in the creation of this game.

#3475 4 years ago

I'm not sure if pinheck is setup for this, but having the flippers reverse in the other sense (depressed button = flipper down, released button = flipper up) also seems like it'd hurt your brain. You'd have to make sure you both protected the coils and didn't activate ball search at the wrong time, but it seems cool.

#3476 4 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

much better compromise. I've noted this as a feature request. I'll add after I'm done bug hunting.

#3477 4 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

I'm not sure if pinheck is setup for this, but having the flippers reverse in the other sense (depressed button = flipper down, released button = flipper up) also seems like it'd hurt your brain. You'd have to make sure you both protected the coils and didn't activate ball search at the wrong time, but it seems cool.

Technically this is possible. I bet this would feel more normal that hitting the flippers only to realize the opposite side is firing.

#3478 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

much better compromise. I've noted this as a feature request. I'll add after I'm done bug hunting.

or make the lane inserts movable with flipper button switches. Much better and more intuitive style for a player since movable lit/unlit lanes are standard fare in pinball.

In case this is not clear. You go over the inlane and then that insert goes out. You hit the flipper button and the inlanes/outlanes all shift over one (so now the inlane is lit again.) You could hypothetically go over the single inlane 4 times with switching the lit insert over each time.

#3479 4 years ago

I don't love the idea of having to hit inlane switches to complete a mode. I think it would be more frustrating than fun.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't love the idea of having to hit inlane switches to complete a mode. I think it would be more frustrating than fun.

Unless each inlane is fed by an easily obtainable ramp return....even if only one is, then that coupled with whysnow suggestion would be a good compromise.

#3481 4 years ago

Do you have to hit every switch, or just so many? It'd be fine if it was lit if you didn't have to hit every switch. I just don't want to be aiming for an inlane to finish a mode or make it required. Hitting them takes a level of skill most people don't have, and the other way to hit it is luck, lots of people don't have the skill to nudge that well.

Quoted from robertmee:

Unless each inlane is fed by an easily obtainable ramp return....even if only one is, then that coupled with whysnow suggestion would be a good compromise.

#3482 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Do you have to hit every switch, or just so many? It'd be fine if it was lit if you didn't have to hit every switch. I just don't want to be aiming for an inlane to finish a mode or make it required. Hitting them takes a level of skill most people don't have, and the other way to hit it is luck, lots of people don't have the skill to nudge that well.

Not if the inlane is fed by a ramp...if you can't hit that, practice And following whysnow suggestion at most it could take two ramp shots for inlane or four for all lanes. I don't see it being that difficult.

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The thing is, the ramp is a switch you have to hit, which feeds into the left inlane.

#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

“Get your ass to Red Hot P@#$% Liquors”

You had me at, Red hot Puzzy.

#3485 4 years ago

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but...

This theme being done by Spooky was enough to get me in, but...
learning about the gameplay design... Makes this pin more & more kick-butt with each passing day !

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Quoted from robertmee:

Sounds like you guys should start Shatzing. It's really a great move that has mostly lost its rewards in pinball in modern design.

#3488 4 years ago

Adding more fuses to the system. Fuses for the GI and Servos. Added more input protection on some of the I/O. In the process of adding some TPS2592 ICs to the 12V and 5V input of the board. These are over voltage and over current protection chips to protect the board. Since I am aiming for this revision of the board to be very mod friendly I want to make certain it is hard to kill the PinHeck board. Also new name for the PHAM. PinHeck Addon Board / User Logic Optional Universal Slot. PHABULOUS

Layout_(resized).png

#3489 4 years ago

TPS2592 footprint. Really complicated layout. Page 34 here on the datasheet. http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/405/tps25926-769962.pdf

TPS2592_Footprint_(resized).png

#3490 4 years ago

amazing what you are able to make this board do Parker! Nice stuff!

#3491 4 years ago

Lucky day for me. Deposit sent.

#3492 4 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

SWEET !!!

#3493 4 years ago

Just had a taste of spaulding"s chicken.

20160102_115054_(resized).jpg

#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I'm not really a big toy or mod guy, but damn that looks amazing. The toys look to be top notch on RZ.

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Let me guess. Yesterday you were pretty confident about this purchase. Now you can't wait to get then dang thing home?

#3497 4 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Congrats man, you wanted it badly. I'm going to pretend that me dropping out got you your spot.

#3498 4 years ago

Yay! I am in. Just got the email. Thanks to whoever dropped out for me. I didn't think I would get in so looks like I have 70 pages to read here... Can anyone give me a summary?

#3499 4 years ago

according to latest spooky podcast, they are 3 away from selling out (not including #300). I don't know if that's going through the whole 700 list, or if they are slowly working their way up the list and giving each person a day to respond. And yet everyone was complaining they were only making 300, I think it's a good number.

#3500 4 years ago

The wait is going to be the hardest part. Very fun game, lots of insults. Who's nut sack is that? Very challenging game and will not be easy to beat. Artwork is incredible up close. I don't mind the artwork on playfield being different than the cabinet. You don't really pay attention to it when playing the game, because your focused on the shots. Target #3 is a bitch to get and is critical to advance in the game. Inserts are cool in my opinion. Skill shot is cool, and will be tough to master. Here are some random pics. Great to meet Shaun, Hilton and see Mike again. Had some fun 4 player games. Mike was bitch slapping the game all over the place. Thanks Charlie for letting us play the game.

20160102_115002_(resized).jpg

20160102_114922_(resized).jpg

20160102_115016_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waukesha, WI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside