Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 211.
#3401 4 years ago

I love updates and for just one mode it sounds pretty sweet

#3402 4 years ago

I'll be doing a overview of Deadcity Radio later tonight.

#3403 4 years ago

I like the shaker idea too. Maybe low osculation with rumble of car engine in audio them more when you hit something.
Glad spooky put so much thought and so much hard work and love into it. It will really shine.

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I like the shaker idea too. Maybe low osculation with rumble of car engine in audio them more when you hit something.

Love this idea.

#3406 4 years ago

“It just tastes so damn good!!”

I’m in the middle of reworking the drain/ballsave/multiball stuff. With the new trough being used, I have to use the last switch as the “drain switch”. You would think it would be easy, but there’s a lot of stuff going on and you have to account for reasons why the drain switch gets hit when it’s not really a drain. This was working ok for sometime, but I needed to change something around to allow the ball save to stay active for 30 seconds for corpse mode.

Anyway..

I did say I would post an overview about Dead City mode, so here we go.

Like every other main mode, this mode is select-able once you take the left orbit and land in the VUK (can’t be in any other mode). Once the mode starts you are instructed to hit the targets in a specific order. The three targets are as follows.

Left target – under boombox
Center target – just to left of center ramp
Right target – the extra/add a ball target just over the outer lanes.

You hit the left, center, right in that order. Hitting them out of order resets targets. You have 3 chances. You will notice each of those targets represents a character. Chicken, Bigfoot, Monkey.

Once you complete the mode you can hit those targets again, BUT in ANY order you want. This is a 2 ball multiball. Depending on which one you hit first, completing the other 2 targets collects that character. If you clear the top right two targets to the right of the upper right pop bumper, you will earn “Godzilla” Rob and Sheri’s dog.

Collecting characters adds to the jackpot as well as the usual LDG targets. Shoot the center ramp to collect jackpots. Super jackpots are working, so you collect a jackpot 3 times.. 4th is super. collect 4 times, the 5th is super. So on and so forth.

Like in Dragula, this has an extra feature. If you collect the chicken, you are instructed to take the left orbit. Hit the chicken switch and you deep fry some chicken and get 250k times the amount of balls in play.

“Overtime” ends when you are left with one ball.

The next mode overview will be What! This and remaining modes are a bit more involving so keep an eye out. Looking for another overview tomorrow.

#3407 4 years ago

45c6b819bc3621f1236c8bc2ab152576302d85ee_(resized).jpg

I hate putting sheetings on edge.

#3408 4 years ago

Repost of a factory progress photo Spooky posted on Facebook
947023_1007057976022096_4966344162720632297_n_(resized).jpg

#3409 4 years ago

What a difference a week makes in the weather lol.. im sure the ice and snow will or has slowed things down .. supposed to be pretty cold compared to how its been also gl all involved

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

“It just tastes so damn good!!”
I’m in the middle of reworking the drain/ballsave/multiball stuff. With the new trough being used, I have to use the last switch as the “drain switch”. You would think it would be easy, but there’s a lot of stuff going on and you have to account for reasons why the drain switch gets hit when it’s not really a drain. This was working ok for sometime, but I needed to change something around to allow the ball save to stay active for 30 seconds for corpse mode.
Anyway..
I did say I would post an overview about Dead City mode, so here we go.
Like every other main mode, this mode is select-able once you take the left orbit and land in the VUK (can’t be in any other mode). Once the mode starts you are instructed to hit the targets in a specific order. The three targets are as follows.
Left target – under boombox
Center target – just to left of center ramp
Right target – the extra/add a ball target just over the outer lanes.
You hit the left, center, right in that order. Hitting them out of order resets targets. You have 3 chances. You will notice each of those targets represents a character. Chicken, Bigfoot, Monkey.
Once you complete the mode you can hit those targets again, BUT in ANY order you want. This is a 2 ball multiball. Depending on which one you hit first, completing the other 2 targets collects that character. If you clear the top right two targets to the right of the upper right pop bumper, you will earn “Godzilla” Rob and Sheri’s dog.
Collecting characters adds to the jackpot as well as the usual LDG targets. Shoot the center ramp to collect jackpots. Super jackpots are working, so you collect a jackpot 3 times.. 4th is super. collect 4 times, the 5th is super. So on and so forth.
Like in Dragula, this has an extra feature. If you collect the chicken, you are instructed to take the left orbit. Hit the chicken switch and you deep fry some chicken and get 250k times the amount of balls in play.
“Overtime” ends when you are left with one ball.
The next mode overview will be What! This and remaining modes are a bit more involving so keep an eye out. Looking for another overview tomorrow.

Godzilla! their dog...hilarious!

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Repost of a factory progress photo Spooky posted on Facebook
947023_1007057976022096_4966344162720632297_n_(resized).jpg

New slogan - Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night, stays SPOOKY, Inc. from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

#3412 4 years ago

man I love spooky

and these rule updates are great

Fawzma seems to be on top of it in the code department

#3413 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

man I love spooky
and these rule updates are great
Fawzma seems to be on top of it in the code department

thanks.. What! mode will be for tonight. Things start to get trickier

#3414 4 years ago

The fact that this game is being programmed by someone new to pinball didn't deter me in the least when announced, it actually intrigued me. The latest updates that you've posted make me feel good about the code in whole for this game. Keep up the great work!

#3415 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The fact that this game is being programmed by someone new to pinball didn't deter me in the least when announced, it actually intrigued me. The latest updates that you've posted make me feel good about the code in whole for this game. Keep up the great work!

Meeting the programmer made me feel even better about it. He seems to really enjoy the challenge that this game is.

#3416 4 years ago

So can Ben or Parker comment on the RTC feature and high score save in general? Sorry if this is all the same as AMH but I don't even know how that handles it. Is there built in NVRAM on the board? I know there is EEPROM on the board so probably no batteries, but how will RTC retain the correct time when powered off?

#3417 4 years ago

On AMH high scores were saved on an EEPROM.

RZ they will also be saved on an EEPROM though now we have 2 of them.

RTC you can set the time then the game will do certain things depending on it. It stores its state via a coin-cell Lithium battery (like a PC)

#3418 4 years ago

Thanks Ben, sounds awesome!

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

On AMH high scores were saved on an EEPROM.
RZ they will also be saved on an EEPROM though now we have 2 of them.
RTC you can set the time then the game will do certain things depending on it. It stores its state via a coin-cell Lithium battery (like a PC)

That's kool Ben your awesome

#3420 4 years ago

What Ben said. The new EEPROM is hooked up to the PIC32 side of the board. I have to add a couple more fuses to the board that Chuck wants and we will be building a set of prototype boards. I am really looking forward in seeing how people use the PHAM (PinHeck Add-on Module) part of the board to add mods to their games.

#3421 4 years ago

I think PHAT would have worked to.. PinHeck Add-on Technology

#3422 4 years ago

Now thats PHAT!
#141.

#3423 4 years ago

Fawzma, no update yet?

#3425 4 years ago

“Get your ass to Red Hot P@#$% Liquors”

Tonight’s overview is What! mode. This is another main select-able mode. Shooting left orbit into the VUK, What! is the third main mode of five. Currently What! has two side modes to complete. RHPL and the Captain Spaulding hurry-up. Each with their own inserts.

Once the mode starts you are now playing in the upper play-field. This isn’t as easy as you would think. Even the original version with lane guides (which I still have), you can still fail this mode. With the removal of the lane guides, its a bit harder.

Your screen has 3 buckets of chicken on the left and 3 gas cans on the right that are greyed out. You have to complete the lanes 3 times. You are then taunted by Spaulding, which you’ll need to bash him 3 times. Progressively getting hard each time you beat the mode. Bash him three times, then shoot the gate. Drop out of the upper play-field and into the secret passage area to claim a quick jackpot and beat the mode. Exiting the upper play-field prior to beating this mode, fails the mode. So you’ll need to restart it.

Coming out of the inner right orbit two more modes are active. RHPL and the Spaulding hurry up.

Shoot the right orbit to complete RHPL. You get 20 seconds to complete it. Shoot the center ramp to put 20 seconds back on the clock. Once your time runs out, you need to complete What! again to reactivate.

Spaulding hurry-up is the left orbit. Shoot the left to get to the upper play-field, where the gate is open. Shoot through the gate to claim your jackpots. At this moment, this hurry-up in in this mode. But it may end up being part of the Murder Ride mode which will be talked about later. This hurry-up is always active int his mode after beating Spaulding, and is inactive when the mode ends or fails.

I have beaten this mode (all main plus 2 subs) in one ball…. only once. So good luck!

Demonoid Phenomenon will be tomorrows overview. Side note, I did fix the ballsave, multiball, drain stuff. After spending several hours on it last night, I went to be only to realize the solution. 45 minutes after getting up in the AM, and it’s resolved. Usually how it works for me.

Since I ripped off the image it would only be fair to link back to where it came from. so get a shirt. I don’t get anything for this, just being nice

Get a shirt I guess

RHPL_(resized).jpg

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

“Get your ass to Red Hot P@#$% Liquors”
Tonight’s overview is What! mode. This is another main select-able mode. Shooting left orbit into the VUK, What! is the third main mode of five. Currently What! has two side modes to complete. RHPL and the Captain Spaulding hurry-up. Each with their own inserts.
Once the mode starts you are now playing in the upper play-field. This isn’t as easy as you would think. Even the original version with lane guides (which I still have), you can still fail this mode. With the removal of the lane guides, its a bit harder.
Your screen has 3 buckets of chicken on the left and 3 gas cans on the right that are greyed out. You have to complete the lanes 3 times. You are then taunted by Spaulding, which you’ll need to bash him 3 times. Progressively getting hard each time you beat the mode. Bash him three times, then shoot the gate. Drop out of the upper play-field and into the secret passage area to claim a quick jackpot and beat the mode. Exiting the upper play-field prior to beating this mode, fails the mode. So you’ll need to restart it.
Coming out of the inner right orbit two more modes are active. RHPL and the Spaulding hurry up.
Shoot the right orbit to complete RHPL. You get 20 seconds to complete it. Shoot the center ramp to put 20 seconds back on the clock. Once your time runs out, you need to complete What! again to reactivate.
Spaulding hurry-up is the left orbit. Shoot the left to get to the upper play-field, where the gate is open. Shoot through the gate to claim your jackpots. At this moment, this hurry-up in in this mode. But it may end up being part of the Murder Ride mode which will be talked about later. This hurry-up is always active int his mode after beating Spaulding, and is inactive when the mode ends or fails.
I have beaten this mode (all main plus 2 subs) in one ball…. only once. So good luck!
Demonoid Phenomenon will be tomorrows overview. Side note, I did fix the ballsave, multiball, drain stuff. After spending several hours on it last night, I went to be only to realize the solution. 45 minutes after getting up in the AM, and it’s resolved. Usually how it works for me.
Since I ripped off the image it would only be fair to link back to where it came from. so get a shirt. I don’t get anything for this, just being nice
Get a shirt I guess
RHPL_(resized).jpg

Looking good!

So, 2 questions.

Will there be high score tables for these modes?

And, is anything going to be stackable/modes/multiballs?

#3427 4 years ago

It's a feature, not a bug . If I want the same old game with a little different layout and new art I can buy 3 Sterns a year. Even JJP, very similar gameplay and predictable art, but with more toys.

We need more companies pushing the limits of the rules, theme, art etc.

JJP might have the most toys, Stern might be the most consistent, but you don't play the toys and we've had consistent for a long time.

I'm ready for something different. So far on paper this game is amazing. I'd be shocked if it wasn't a blast, they wouldn't let it out the door if it wasn't.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The fact that this game is being programmed by someone new to pinball didn't deter me in the least when announced

#3428 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's a feature, not a bug . If I want the same old game with a little different layout and new art I can buy 3 Sterns a year. Even JJP, very similar gameplay and predictable art, but with more toys.
We need more companies pushing the limits of the rules, theme, art etc.
JJP might have the most toys, Stern might be the most consistent, but you don't play the toys and we've had consistent for a long time.
I'm ready for something different. So far on paper this game is amazing. I'd be shocked if it wasn't a blast, they wouldn't let it out the door if it wasn't.

Well Red Hot Pussy Liquor is definitely different

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Looking good!
So, 2 questions.
Will there be high score tables for these modes?
And, is anything going to be stackable/modes/multiballs?

With the new EEPROM additional highscore tables are certainly possible. I may not have it in on release, but it is on my todo.

I changed the way multiball kicks happen so stacking those is possible now. The problem is that in most modes there is a danger of having multiple balls out. I will evaluate which can be stacked and go from there. Main modes will never stack though. Same for corpse and LDG; those submodes will never stack with each other.

#3430 4 years ago

That's excellent. When modes start stacking, you end up like TZ or TSPP where you can't or it's not beneficial to play any of them well, you just try and start them to get to wizard mode or something else. Each mode should have it's own look and feel, and have you utilizing the playfield in a creative way.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Main modes will never stack though.

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

With the new EEPROM additional highscore tables are certainly possible. I may not have it in on release, but it is on my todo.
I changed the way multiball kicks happen so stacking those is possible now. The problem is that in most modes there is a danger of having multiple balls out. I will evaluate which can be stacked and go from there. Main modes will never stack though. Same for corpse and LDG; those submodes will never stack with each other.

Awesome dude keep up the good work this game well be awesome

#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Great news!

As each mode is individual then having high score table would be awesome and add longevity to the game.

Stacking. Agree we don't need stacking craziness of TSPP, just a simple stack somewhere that adds some craziness and big points. There is no better example than BSD's triple stack.

This game is looking more and more that it is going to be an adrenalin blast which is what I am hoping for

#3433 4 years ago

These code updates are awesome, Spooky's building is getting done, and tomorrow there's a new Spooky Podcast

#3434 4 years ago

So if I read it right, if you make the two sets of three lanes and start bashing cpt but lose ball from the upper pf you lose all progress on the six lanes and have to start over? Or just start over bashing the cpt? Seems very similar to tv on tspp.

#3435 4 years ago

http://www.fawzma.com/rob-zombie-pinball-demonoid-phenomenon-overview/

Demonoid is up. Going to try and do more today. Got stuff to do this weekend.

#3436 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

http://www.fawzma.com/rob-zombie-pinball-demonoid-phenomenon-overview/
Demonoid is up. Going to try and do more today. Got stuff to do this weekend.

You are 10 hours early.......LOL!

“HIT EVERYTHING”

Demonoid Phenomenon is the forth main game mode of five. In this mode the goal is to light up all the target/switch lights. There isn’t really anything extra in this mode like in What, Dragula or Dead City only because you’ll be too busy making sure you don’t drain.

When the mode starts, all inserts that have a switch next to is starts to pulse, except for the in/out lanes. Your job is to hit everything to light up the whole field. This includes the upper play-field. The only saving grace on this mode is you get time added with each switch hit, you’ll need it.

Don’t confuse this with how corpse mode works. There are only 17 switches that need to be hit. Unlike corpse mode where you need 1000 from anywhere.

This mode may end up being one of the few that can/will stack with Living Dead Girl sub-mode.

Probably the only real notable feature in this mode is the boobies in adult mode. Don’ let the boobies distract you, its not worth it really. Otherwise, forget about any wizard mode!

This mode is restart-able. You are not force to rehit what you already lit up so that helps a bit. In overtime, this is a 2 ball multiball (subject to change). The field will reset, light everything up again to add to the jackpot, then claim up the center ramp.

Next mode overview will be Superbeast!!

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So if I read it right, if you make the two sets of three lanes and start bashing cpt but lose ball from the upper pf you lose all progress on the six lanes and have to start over? Or just start over bashing the cpt? Seems very similar to tv on tspp.

yes, you'll have to hit those lanes 6 times. 3 each side.

If you fail, you start from the beginning. Once you get into a rhythm it's easy enough. Same thing for captain.. you screw up and exit the wrong way when the gate is open, you are screwed.

#3438 4 years ago

Hopefully Mezel will make a red hot pussy liquor sign mod!

Yeah, I'm thinking the material alone can make this pin great

#3439 4 years ago

the article was updated, I did miss a feature of demon mode.

EDIT** - There was something I missed, this mode has an add a ball feature. In overtime, ever 12 seconds the add a ball light will blink. Hit the switch to add a ball. Max of 4 balls on the play field. The timing will increase depending on how many have been ejected.

#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Once the mode starts you are now playing in the upper play-field

I don't know if this has been stated or not, but can there be more then one ball on the upper playfield?

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I don't know if this has been stated or not, but can there be more then one ball on the upper playfield?

Yes, you can get a couple up there. If you some how have more than one up there than you can control it. But if you have something going on down at the lower, its tough to deal with. So you end up having to decide which ball means more to you.

#3443 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hopefully Mezel will make a red hot pussy liquor sign mod!
Yeah, I'm thinking the material alone can make this pin great

I thought somewhere it was mentioned that there would be two signs or something with the game--a RHPL and a Red Hot Kitty Lover. Not entirely sure what I'm remembering.

#3444 4 years ago

Sneak attack!!

Superbeast mode is the fifth main mode of six.

In this mode you are the beast trying to catch a girl in the woods. The DMD shows a first person view of you in the woods hunting a girl down. As you progress, you are shown weaving though the woods till you catch her.

The goal of this mode is to hit the center ramp 5 times without hitting any targets. Hitting pops is ok. If at any time you shoot the left orbit and you are able to fall into the secret passage, you can insta-beat the mode with a “sneak attack”. Hitting the ramp resets the fail counter.

Beating Superbeast earns a 2 ball multiball (subject to change). In overtime, shoot the ramp to collect jackpots. Super jackpots are only enabled if you used the sneak attack. Shooting the inside left orbit earns the Super jackpots.

More goodies will need to be added to this mode as it feels kinda empty the way it is.

Interesting side story about this mode, the original videos depicting the beast/girl chase was a 2d side view. The beast was in the middle with the girl on the left side with woods/fog scrolling in the background. This idea prompted the request for dual layers to be used in the Pinheck system.

Normal video is played at 30FPS. When you are using 2 layers, they are then run at 15 FPS. This dual layer system is used in the Dragula video mode.

The 2d side view stuff may come back, but in some other mode perhaps. You never know. Maybe I can use it to indicate how close you are to jackpot/superjackpots in Superbeast overtime mode. Perhaps hitting the targets you weren’t supposed to would get the beast closer and add to the jackpot. Better yet, maybe use the pops instead to advance the jackpots and beast.

#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

You are 10 hours early.......LOL!
“HIT EVERYTHING”
Demonoid Phenomenon is the forth main game mode of five. In this mode the goal is to light up all the target/switch lights. There isn’t really anything extra in this mode like in What, Dragula or Dead City only because you’ll be too busy making sure you don’t drain.
When the mode starts, all inserts that have a switch next to is starts to pulse, except for the in/out lanes. Your job is to hit everything to light up the whole field. This includes the upper play-field. The only saving grace on this mode is you get time added with each switch hit, you’ll need it.
Don’t confuse this with how corpse mode works. There are only 17 switches that need to be hit. Unlike corpse mode where you need 1000 from anywhere.
This mode may end up being one of the few that can/will stack with Living Dead Girl sub-mode.
Probably the only real notable feature in this mode is the boobies in adult mode. Don’ let the boobies distract you, its not worth it really. Otherwise, forget about any wizard mode!
This mode is restart-able. You are not force to rehit what you already lit up so that helps a bit. In overtime, this is a 2 ball multiball (subject to change). The field will reset, light everything up again to add to the jackpot, then claim up the center ramp.
Next mode overview will be Superbeast!!

This sounds like an awesome mode!

So, does it start in total darkness and then light gradually is added as each switch is hit?

#3446 4 years ago

This sounds like an awesome mode!
So, does it start in total darkness and then light gradually is added as each switch is hit?

I'm conflicted with that because if you don't indicate whats remaining, you'll get frustrated trying to figure out why the mode hasn't been beat.

#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'm conflicted with that because if you don't indicate whats remaining, you'll get frustrated trying to figure out why the mode hasn't been beat.

Any light that isn't attached to a switch leave on or dim. That way if a light is off you know it needs to be hit. Add the hit lights onto the on/dim when hit. It would work, literally, the opposite way most any mode works. Instead of looking for flashing lights you look for the lights that are out. Maybe indicate on screen somehow.

#3448 4 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Any light that isn't attached to a switch leave on or dim. That way if a light is off you know it needs to be hit. Add the hit lights onto the on/dim when hit. It would work, literally, the opposite way most any mode works. Instead of looking for flashing lights you look for the lights that are out. Maybe indicate on screen somehow.

Yes, thinking it could work.

Total darkness but on the color screen is a shot map with each switch flashing.

Initially the ball is bound to light some of the 17 switches.

And then it would get crazy as if unsure where last few switches are, you could cradle the ball and peek at the screen which would flash where the remaining ones are?

Sounds like crazy fun to me!

No idea whether this kind of thing can be coded or not?

#3449 4 years ago

you could cradle the ball and peek at the screen which would flash where the remaining ones are?

I like this.. if flipper/s is held for say 3 seconds.. assume you are holding the ball.. then turn off all the lights.. flash whats left.

#3450 4 years ago

Sorry for the possible redundant question but when is the first construction on new games expected to begin?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside