2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 223.
#3351 8 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Oh I am adding a add-on area on the board that will have I2C and have access to the 3.3V, 5V, and 12V power rails. Think of module add-ons for mods?

#3352 8 years ago

Oh I am adding a add-on area on the board that will have I2C and have access to the 3.3V, 5V, and 12V power rails. Think of module add-ons for mods?

Dup

#3353 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

It is not like building a house. Think of it more like building a large insulated garage with 2 bathrooms. Their offices will be desks on the workroom floor. Maybe some divider walls but pretty open inside.

I had a 2000 plus square foot shed built, starting with a cured foundation it took them 3.5 days to have walls up and ready for electrify and doors. I'm sure once they get the roof on it will go quick.

#3354 8 years ago

I think the plastic apron looks awesome, nice they thought of taking the technique used to make cool plastics one step further. What's below it gets the job done and the top looks nice. Keep up the good work spooky. Games looks and plays awesome, real smooth shots first ball had good feel and flow, can't wait to play it more when a friend gets his.
FortyTwo

#3355 8 years ago

Should RZSI have a shaker motor or at least a way to add it in if we want? Thoughts

#3356 8 years ago

The new pinHeck board has a Shaker port in addition to the unused Knocker port that was on AMH.

#3357 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The new pinHeck board has a Shaker port in addition to the unused Knocker port that was on AMH.

How does one plug ones "knockers" into the Heck board?

Via the nipples? Sounds painful.

rd

#3358 8 years ago

So is this sold out finally???

#3359 8 years ago

Going over the board with Ben at the moment before I route the new test connector (edge connector labeled J12). The PHAM (PinHeck Add-on Module) area is 3" x 2.2" and has connection to the PIC32 (main MCU) I2C lines and 3.3V, 5V, and 12V. Gonna add another RGB connector and pinout the last of the left over I/O.

Layout_(resized).pngLayout_(resized).png

#3360 8 years ago

Wait... Do people really do those crappy edge connctors still?

#3361 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait... Do people really do those crappy edge connectors still?

Your entire PC is filled with them! J12 will just be used for testing and diagnostic. Someone has to test these boards coming off the assembly line

#3362 8 years ago

Your entire PC is filled with them! J12 will just be used for testing and diagnostic. Someone has to test these boards coming off the assembly line

Yeah but i don't pull connectors on or off of boards in my pc ever. Diffferent application. Edge connectors for pinball boards are junk. There is a reason nobody else uses them any more. They suck on old gottliebs, trust me.

#3363 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah but i don't pull connectors on or off of boards in my pc ever. Different application. Edge connectors for pinball boards are junk. There is a reason nobody else uses them any more. They suck on old gottliebs, trust me.

Did you just stop reading my reply after the first sentence?

#3364 8 years ago

No, but i assume the boards won't only be tested and diagnosed once in their lifetime.

I know you are good, but crap happens and 20 years from now someone will be thankful if they don't have to fix a crappy edge connector to diagnose their game.

#3365 8 years ago

Going over the board with Ben at the moment before I route the new test connector (edge connector labeled J12). The PHAM (PinHeck Add-on Module) area is 3" x 2.2" and has connection to the PIC32 (main MCU) I2C lines and 3.3V, 5V, and 12V. Gonna add another RGB connector and pinout the last of the left over I/O.

Layout_(resized).png

That pic is my new wallpaper

#3366 8 years ago

Layout_(resized).png

Nice work! As someone who has worked in the industry for years, I really appreciate a nice layout with clear labels. I also like the use of large enough resistors so I don't have to use a microscope to probe and replace them. Keep up the good work.

#3367 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So Ben,does there still need software to fire the shaker and would we need a certain style harness to hook up the shaker and/or knocker. Things like these could make the game better even though it looks like you guys are doing a great job with it already.

#3368 8 years ago

WTF, who gives a shit about this "board BS"? OK, nice work

#3369 8 years ago

Spooky 4 life

#3370 8 years ago

This board has plugs for a shaker and knocker.

We can put them in code ahead of time, yes, good plan!

#3371 8 years ago

Ben, how about adding the shaker software for your video mode? I don't believe this has been done before and could be cool effect to have a little shake when things splat on the windshield. Just a thought

#3373 8 years ago

I love me some shaker code..........like Joe said shake that thing during video mode, how cool would that be?!

#3374 8 years ago

Did you just stop reading my reply after the first sentence?

Post first sentence is when I try to introduce new pinball purchases and the like to my wife. Works like a charm. I seriously think anything pinball related is like Charlie Brown adult-speak to her.

#3375 8 years ago

Who has actually played RZ with recent Fozzy code?

Comments?

#3376 8 years ago

J12 will just be used for testing and diagnostic. Someone has to test these boards coming off the assembly line

edge connectors at least somewhat lock in. It's a real pain when there's no board space and you have 4-5 little dots and you have to use one of those spring loaded connectors for diagnostic and testing.

Whysnow: I don't think anyone will ever use this edge connector, ever. I'm willing to bet a LOT of products you buy today have similar connectors that will only be used by the factory that have nothing to do with the consumer. I think you're confusing this with say an IC chip tester, or software diagnostics.

#3377 8 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Nice work! As someone who has worked in the industry for years, I really appreciate a nice layout with clear labels. I also like the use of large enough resistors so I don't have to use a microscope to probe and replace them. Keep up the good work.

Labeling isn't complete yet either. I usually do the silkscreen last when all the parts are in there final location so I don't have to redo work again

#3378 8 years ago

Gonna add another RGB connector and pinout the last of the left over I/O.

Can you tell us where this is going to take place? Will it be 5v or 12v? Can't figure out where its going on the diagram?

#3379 8 years ago

What's going on with last 10 spots?????

#3380 8 years ago

Also here is the part number for that edge connector that will go on the test jig 11216-060 http://www.amphenol-tcs.com/doc?id=2086

It will only be used for testing boards before they ship up to Chuck. Our current testing involves plugging in cables to all the connections and a mix match of programmers and USB cables. With REV7 it will just be plug board in and then press a button on the tester.

Its secondary function is to act as a play field "replacement" where someone is programming a game and doesn't have the play field and cabinet around.

The end user will never use this connector and it won't be used inside a game itself.

#3381 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I know, I can't figure out where the remaining of inventory of board spots is going either?

#3382 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can you tell us where this is going to take place? Will it be 5v or 12v? Can't figure out where its going on the diagram?

It will be 5V like the other RGB Connector except the I/O lines will hook into the Prop side instead of the PIC32 side.

#3383 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I'd also like to know as well. I was on the list since 8/14 and been told to "keep my fingers crossed" I was 430th-ish so about 130th over the 300. I know I've seen a lot drop out but I don't know about 130 dropping out! Lol

I'm curious either way, I wish I was one of the lucky 300 but looks like not. Congrats to the lucky 300 that made it!

#3384 8 years ago

It will be 5V like the other RGB Connector except the I/O lines will hook into the Prop side instead of the PIC32 side.

I'm happy that you aren't an Aggie......

#3385 8 years ago

i think some folks just got notified they have the option to buy. might still be some open decisions out there?

#3386 8 years ago

I think the edge connector is a great idea.

Brief code update description here:
http://www.fawzma.com/rob-zombie-pinball-update-dragula-mode-rules/

#3387 8 years ago

Edge connector = faster testing = games ship more consistently.

I also had Parker add the real time clock as the Adult Mode Active during X hours idea somebody had on here was killer! Which also of course could allow Midnight Madness.

#3388 8 years ago

Love the way you guys do business

#3389 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I also had Parker add the real time clock as the Adult Mode Active during X hours idea somebody had on here was killer! Which also of course could allow Midnight Madness

I still don't regret not buying RZ, but I loves me some midnight madness mode. Bible adventures better have a "B.C madness" mode

#3390 8 years ago

I like the idea of the shaker having a low oscillating rumble high low high low during the video mode and then have the shaker kick up a little bit when you hit something on the display, Do it Ben !!

#3391 8 years ago

RTC added just like that? Wow I can't wait!

#3392 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

RTC added just like that? Wow I can't wait!

Who in the hell do you think we are? We are Team Spooky!

#3393 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I like the idea of the shaker having a low oscillating rumble high low high low during the video mode and then have the shaker kick up a little bit when you hit something on the display, Do it Ben !!

As long as shaker is coded and a shaker can be added in same way as Stern games, that all seems good. Not a problem that the game doesn't come with a shaker as many Stern LE's don't.

Having the option later is the key and this game was born to shake

#3394 8 years ago

Daughter board modules are a great idea!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3395 8 years ago

The end user will never use this connector and it won't be used inside a game itself.

thanks for clarification.

Quoted from benheck:

Which also of course could allow Midnight Madness.

Rob Z would probably prefer 4:20 madness instead.

#3396 8 years ago

I love when you guys talk your electrical BS, makes me realize how clueless I am and it also makes me feel I am in good hands with my machine.

#3397 8 years ago

Here it is copy/paste, from fawzma website:

Rob Zombie Pinball update + Dragula Mode rules

Dragula has been cleaned up. While testing the video mode/jackpot option wasn’t acting right. After completing the base mode (spelling Dragula running the center ramp), you get 2 options. Shoot left orbit to start Dragula video mode, or shoot right orbit to start jackpot mode.

After you come out of video mode, you can pick a new mode to play.

If you start jackpot mode first you get an extra ball to go with it. If you start video mode, you don’t get the extra ball if/when you beat Dragula mode later on.

So choose wisely.

Once in jackpot mode (with or without the extra ball) you can shoot for the advance jackpot targets (Living Dead Girl coffins) and claim jackpots up the center ramp. And/OR hit the top right targets to collect car parts. Once you collect enough car parts, Captain Spaulding invites you to the upper playfield to get some gas. Hit the gas target for an extra 250K.

If you beat Dragula more than once and you are doing jackpots, the mode will be timed. You can put the 20 seconds back on the clock by hitting Advance Jackpot, or claiming a jackpot. I’ll need to do another update to include a super jackpots after collecting 3..4.. 5.. etc jackpots.

Mode selection has been updated. Before I would have a 3 second timer that would reset after flipping through modes. Now you hit both flippers to select.

Flipper Code has been added. You can activate this in the main menu settings screen. One is to set it in record mode, the other is for when it’s set. I’ll have to add a 3rd option for operators who don’t want people trying to guess the code.

Flipper code is for changing adult mode while in attract mode so you don’t need to open the door.

When in attract mode, hold both flippers for 10 seconds. The backglass will flash for 3 seconds. left go of the flippers. When in record mode, you are show a screen with instructions on setting the code. Once the code is set, it will flip the setting to “SET” mode and save it on EEPROM.

In SET mode, hold flippers for 10 seconds, BG flashes, let go of flippers.. then enter your flip code when it stops flashing. Entering the code successfully will turn the backglass red when in adult mode, and you’ll certainly hear about it. If it goes into family mode, the backglass will turn green.

#3398 8 years ago
Quoted from The-koontz:

I'd also like to know as well. I was on the list since 8/14 and been told to "keep my fingers crossed" I was 430th-ish so about 130th over the 300. I know I've seen a lot drop out but I don't know about 130 dropping out! Lol
I'm curious either way, I wish I was one of the lucky 300 but looks like not. Congrats to the lucky 300 that made it!

I got on the list on 7/12 and i have not heard anything yet.

#3399 8 years ago

I have sent out emails to the next 5 people on my list. They have till Thu to decide. Then I will go down to the next people on the list and keep this up till we are done.

#3400 8 years ago

Thank you for the update. Still keeping hope alive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Wanted
$ 20.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.