Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 211.
#3101 4 years ago

She hopes to get build numbers finalized this weekend. Waiting on 31 people as of yesterday around lunch

#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

She hopes to get build numbers finalized this weekend. Waiting on 31 people as of yesterday around lunch

As in there is 269 spots taken for sure? Thanks!

#3104 4 years ago

Did anyone see that louewired reports that Spooky Pinball is even working on a website that will show you where you are on the build list so you stay up to speed at all times ?

http://loudwire.com/rob-zombie-pinball-machine-on-sale-gameplay-video/

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Nice well it work for AMH too ?

AMH runs on REV5. RZ will run on REV7. THey are almost 100% compatible but some slight code changes and cable changes will need to be done to get AMH working on a REV7 board. Should be possible tho

#3108 4 years ago

Game numbers are in! woohoo

#3109 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Game numbers are in! woohoo

indeed found out mine today too

#3110 4 years ago

Just got mine.

#3111 4 years ago

Only 300 made, and only for the US-Market... why ?? There are many fans of RZ in Europe and the rest of the World also, come on, make some more and ship them to europe. AMH was only sold in US. Remeber, that the key market of W/B in the 90s was Europe, especially germany!

#3112 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-Maniac:

Only 300 made, and only for the US-Market... why ?? There are many fans of RZ in Europe and the rest of the World also, come on, make some more and ship them to europe. AMH was only sold in US. Remeber, that the key market of W/B in the 90s was Europe, especially germany!

Maybe their games are up to the export code (lead code?) for other countries. Remember they are a tiny ass company doing runs of 150 and 300.

#3113 4 years ago

Only 300 made, and only for the US-Market... why ??

CE certification and all that crap. No wonder a small company does not want to get involved in this mess.

#3114 4 years ago

I'm LE number 43. One away from the legendary 42, but hey, not big deal. Just curious, anyone know what numbers were assigned by? Was it joining the list, sending the deposit, or something else?

#3115 4 years ago

Did they send you a email with your number?

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Did they send you a email with your number?

Yeah

#3117 4 years ago

Both AMH and RZ are coming to Australia...I think we are the only market (maybe NZ) outside of the US. Hopefully you can get one on the second hand market.

#3118 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Both AMH and RZ are coming to Australia...I think we are the only market (maybe NZ) outside of the US. Hopefully you can get one on the second hand market.

What about the games coming to canada?

#3119 4 years ago

Didn't get my number yet; sure they are working on them

#3120 4 years ago

LE #42, woohoo! Matches my amh #

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I think we are the only market (maybe NZ) outside of the US

I know for a fact there are one of each coming to New Zealand. So I heard. Cough.

rd

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I know for a fact there are one of each coming to New Zealand. So I heard. Cough.
rd

Yeh I was thinking of you Dave when I mentioned NZ. Cheers

#3123 4 years ago

I didn't get my number. What does that mean?

#3124 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Just means you are a troll

#3125 4 years ago

Pretty sure all they did was assign all the LE numbers so far I believe those are getting made first

#3126 4 years ago

Got mine...LE #4

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You should probably start a thread with a poll

#3128 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

66%+ on a no obligation list are putting their money up. The art isn't bad, and it's not a problem.

Just because people are buying it doesn't mean the art isn't bad. It just means those people don't care about the art.

#3129 4 years ago

So, in your opinion the art is bad, therefore it's fact that everyone buying the game doesn't care about art? All the pinball guys I know care about art, how import it is to each of them varies. I don't know a single one that doesn't care about art at all, and I don't know anyone that would pay $6K+ for a game if the art was as bad as you are implying, or a few people here are saying.

Quoted from jwilson:

Just because people are buying it doesn't mean the art isn't bad. It just means those people don't care about the art.

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

or it means they like the art?

#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

or it means they like the art?

People might think art is subjective, but there's actually a bunch of rules when it comes to graphic design and they're there for a reason - legibility, colour balance, layout, etc. A playfield isn't a painting, it needs to serve a specific purpose and the art as it stands fails to do that.

For example, did you know there's a bat on the playfield? Hard to tell since it's basically lost near the pops.

As such small numbers I don't think it's a deal breaker - clearly 300 people think it's fine. But that doesn't change the fundamentals of graphic design.

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

People might think art is subjective, but there's actually a bunch of rules when it comes to graphic design and they're there for a reason - legibility, colour balance, layout, etc. A playfield isn't a painting, it needs to serve a specific purpose and the art as it stands fails to do that.
For example, did you know there's a bat on the playfield? Hard to tell since it's basically lost near the pops.
As such small numbers I don't think it's a deal breaker - clearly 300 people think it's fine. But that doesn't change the fundamentals of graphic design.

my ignore list has grown exponentially since Friday. But there's room for an elitist goat too!
Some truly hard to believe typed exchanges here. Internet ceases to amaze 20-30 years later.

#3133 4 years ago

I'm 52 standard so they have at least made it that far down the list.

#3134 4 years ago

Actually Art is VERY subjective and I like all sorts of stuff that "artists" would tell me is crap.

For RZ, hard reality to me is that with a well advertised list of over 700 deep, a hard limit of 300, and the knowledge that 1000 holds your spot it really comes down to this being a smaller risk verse expected demand and many people feel their hand was somewhat forced but comfortable that the limited nature alone makes it worth jumping in.

For me personally I wont really know if I actually like and want the game until I play a production machine with code at least 80% festered out.
Reality is that will not ever happen with the way this release went (7 days to decide based on a buzz flick, photos, and a short ball in hand video) so the real choice came down to, "Is this good enough to risk 1000 on a deposit in order to give me the shot to own a game that I will likely never be able to find again without paying a premium on the secondary"

For many the answer to that question was yes.

I know for me personally the cab and trans art is some of the best ever seen on a pin. The playfield (really the insert text and plastics which IMO are just out of place and look like an entirely different artist slapped them on as an after thought) not so much but it still feels cohesive as an overall package and that is overall better than 99% of other games ever made.

This art as a whole is some of the best stuff out there and pretty sure the cab and trans follow a bunch of your 'rules' to art (3rds, saturation, perspective, all that hoopla )

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

But there's room for an elitist goat too!

I'm sorry you think I'm being elitist. Here, look at this in contrast, which I think is the best playfield I've seen since the B/W days.

big-lebowski-pinball-1.jpg

Inserts are well integrated. There's a sharp keyline defining the separation of images. It's 100% thematically on-point. It clearly conveys all shots and game progress. Also, the artwork is excellent.

It's not that the playfield art itself is "bad", but that it isn't a good choice for a playfield. It's dark, muddy, and isn't remotely integrated with the inserts or the game components. In that sense it's "bad".

#3136 4 years ago

I got LE #24. ...and the art on a game matters to me.

ghostbusters_concept_playfield_large_wallpaper.jpg

#3137 4 years ago

The art is awesome but it is definitely rob zombie art but hey I thought it was a rob zombie pin if you don't think the art on that cabinet is bad ass you must be smoking something funky

#3138 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

if you don't think the art on that cabinet is bad ass you must be smoking something funky

No, the cabinet is amazing. The backglasses are excellent as well. All the more head-scratching why the playfield isn't as good.

#3139 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm sorry you think I'm being elitist. Here, look at this in contrast, which I think is the best playfield I've seen since the B/W days.
big-lebowski-pinball-1.jpg
Inserts are well integrated. There's a sharp keyline defining the separation of images. It's 100% thematically on-point. It clearly conveys all shots and game progress. Also, the artwork is excellent.
It's not that the playfield art itself is "bad", but that it isn't a good choice for a playfield. It's dark, muddy, and isn't remotely integrated with the inserts or the game components. In that sense it's "bad".

And yet I still think TBL's playfield is ugly. Art is always subjective and many of the most famous peices of art do not follow the rules. I like to have good art on my games but at the same time it is far from the most important factor. It's funny how art obscessed this site has become lately.

#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

When did you message them to be put on the list?

#3141 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hey Tommy, when did you email to get on the list?

#3142 4 years ago

I asked to go on the list on june 13th at 6pm at which time i was told it was only open to amh buyers. then heard back on the 15th saying i was on the list.

Haven't got a number yet. Hope I'm in the first 100 as I'm assuming I should be.

#3143 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I would rather lick Spookie's boots, than be a cork soaker like you!

Great cork soaker skit from SNL:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/19187

#3144 4 years ago

I think the worst number to get is 51. Just think, one away.

#3145 4 years ago

Got my number this morning Number 133. If anyone remembers the night this thread was posted on pinside announcing Rob Zombie officially pinside server went down for several hours right after the announcement was posted.So by the time it was back up and could find the information it was Sunday so around 1 pm is when I emailed them. Heard back Monday morning from both Charlie and KT as I had emailed both of them.Confirmed on the list that Monday from KT and paid the deposit an hour after the Friday reveal via PayPal. As for how the numbers work I have no idea. Just a short story of my timeline and what number I ended up with. As long as I am getting a game the number doesn't really matter to me anyways. The number no one wants is to be 301 on either list. Dave

#3146 4 years ago

Got my number, 105.

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I asked to go on the list on june 13th at 6pm at which time i was told it was only open to amh buyers. then heard back on the 15th saying i was on the list.
Haven't got a number yet. Hope I'm in the first 100 as I'm assuming I should be.

got my number 113

#3148 4 years ago

150! Not an LE, but still a nice #, halfway point bang on.

#3149 4 years ago

So happy for everyone that is getting their number!

#3150 4 years ago

154 here!

dragula-rob-zombie-10-vagonettas.gif

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tampa, FL
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside