Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 210.
#3051 3 years ago

Trust me labnip, not happy about the Tron thing. There is actually a LOT more to that story. A LOT. Just message board isn't the right spot to put it.

But yeah, 3D backglass one, just waiting and chilling... (but in climate controlled storage) :-/

#3052 3 years ago

So, not many hours until the wait list is opened up.

Wonder how many spots will be available?

Going to guess 57.

#3053 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

The worst things anyone can't says is that it doesn't matter how this machine is as they area only selling 300 and they are sold. The machine should be designed to be desirable enough to sell 3000 plus.
The second worst things is for a business to ignore feedback. If the clear majority says the playfield is a let down then you fix it. Rob Zombie may like it but he aint selling the machines .
Btw all the other artwork is absolutely beautiful, it's a shame it didn't continue to the playfield.

But....this playfield art has been approved. If Spooky were to go back to RZ to make changes now surely he would ask why. The answer being that certain people didn't like it. He could say F it, no deal and possibly sink the company. The fact that this playfield is approved has more value to the company than you might think. I don't believe it was easy for them to get to this point.

#3054 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Going to guess 57.

Nah, more like 56

#3055 3 years ago

I gave up my spot. Not being able to play it myself was the biggest factor. The limited amount of game play video available couldn't sway me off of that. If Jack Danger could have done his live stream this week that might have been enough. But someone on the wait list is going to be very happy!

#3056 3 years ago
Quoted from angus:

I gave up my spot. Not being able to play it myself was the biggest factor. The limited amount of game play video available couldn't sway me off of that. If Jack Danger could have done his live stream this week that might have been enough. But someone on the wait list is going to be very happy!

Sweet, I'm getting 2 now

#3057 3 years ago

So, not many hours until the wait list is opened up.
Wonder how many spots will be available?
Going to guess 57.

I'm under the impression you know, but for those that care and don't see FB, Charlie noted that (at least ?) 80% of the 300 are in.

#3058 3 years ago

Another slot is taken. My deposit has been sent and confirmed.

I'm usually drawn to the early solid state games, but I think that the extra slings on RZ are going to give this game some interesting dynamic.

#3059 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

will you still make some alt art for us?
overlay, plastics, backboard piece, side panels, other?

I was wondering about buying an extra playfield and seeing if someone would print some badass art on it, before swapping it in the game. Kind of extreme approach, but an overlay would be better. There were some great ideas in this thread but unless Spooky is redesigning it in secret, this would be the best way to improve things. Would be a ton of work but one worth trying.

#3060 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

But....this playfield art has been approved. If Spooky were to go back to RZ to make changes now surely he would ask why. The answer being that certain people didn't like it. He could say F it, no deal and possibly sink the company. The fact that this playfield is approved has more value to the company than you might think. I don't believe it was easy for them to get to this point.

If I owned a restaurant and there was a dish that I adored but no one else liked because it was too salty, would I reduce the salt to keep customers happy or would I let it remain the same because its what i like?

Regarding R Zombie backing out not likely at all. JJP changed the Hobbit and something tells me that dealing with Warner Bros is bit more involved than Rob Zombie. In any case wouldn't he want the best look/desire for a product that bears his image and intellectual property.

Like I wrote above the rest of the package so far looks AA++.

If Rob Z allowed it, Spooky could sell over sized translites that wouldn't fit a pinball machine, thus with a custom light box you would be able to have the awesome translite artwork on your wall. At least those that missed out can have something and spooky makes some relatively easy revenue.

#3061 3 years ago

Disappointing.
Metal just adds a touch of class and is a nice way to make it look better quality.

It is and it isnt but once its under glass you wont even know the difference. It knocks a few bucks off of production probably.

#3064 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

If the clear majority says the playfield is a let down then you fix it. Rob Zombie may like it but he aint selling the machines .

You

Clear majority of what? The dozen or so people on a forum whipping each other into a frenzy? A handful of people projecting their opinion as some sort of universal fact......sure, if a bunch of paying customers find a mechanical or software bug and report it, as a business owner you jump and fix it. Trying to commercially release a subjective design with a bunch of randos on the Internet (many of whom are not customers) acting as designers by proxy? Nothing would get released and you would instantly go out of business. Expressing opinions is fine......thinking you should have some weight on a commercial design because you have an opinion and an Internet connection is pretty unrealistic. No 'majority' of any consensus has been established....no matter how much a few people on this forum seem to not understand their opinion isn't established fact.

#3066 3 years ago

I'm personally getting more fond of the PF. Besides Rob's face with the hair that looks like spooky tree shadows to me...there is that rather excellently drawn and detailed "witch" towards the upper PF. Just that witch has more personality and real art than GOT's entire
"generic overlay" PF. As an example and IMHO anyways.

Add the fact that it is not lit up like a Xmas tree and the whole package seems decently cohesive.

Now I just hope I like the gameplay.

#3067 3 years ago

I am out. Huge rz fan. Love everything about his world and style but the playfield and toys were a let down. I hope spooky well and hope they hire an art director asap to help tie in all the pieces on future games.

#3068 3 years ago

Wow I am a huge rob zombie fan as well and they knocked it out of the park but to each their own

#3069 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm personally getting more fond of the PF. Besides Rob's face with the hair that looks like spooky tree shadows to me...there is that rather excellently drawn and detailed "witch" towards the upper PF. Just that witch has more personality and real art than GOT's entire
"generic overlay" PF. As an example and IMHO anyways.
Add the fact that it is not lit up like a Xmas tree and the whole package seems decently cohesive.
Now I just hope I like the gameplay.

Exactly, ambient lighting really suits this theme - hoping they don't add too many extra bright leds.

#3070 3 years ago

Actually it has. The majority of people on the list are buying the game. If 300 people don't think it's an issue, then it's not an issue. If most people, or even a lot of people thought the art was that bad, most people, or a lot of people would be giving up their spot. 66%+ on a no obligation list are putting their money up. The art isn't bad, and it's not a problem.

Quoted from zeddex:

No 'majority' of any consensus has been established....

#3071 3 years ago

I say this with full respect. It saddens me to see Aurich drop out. This is one of his dream themes. I wish Charlie would have asked him to help art direct Alex's PF efforts. Aurich just couldn't enjoy a pin with a playfield like that.

#3072 3 years ago

who cares

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I say this with full respect. It saddens me to see Aurich drop out. This is one of his dream themes. I wish Charlie would have asked him to help art direct Alex's PF efforts. Aurich just couldn't enjoy a pin with a playfield like that.

Saying with full respect doesnt stop it from being a douch bag post. I love the playfeild and cant wait to get mine.

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

There are 300 people who are going to buy this game. It ain't about one person even if it were an A lister movie star!

#3075 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Wow I am a huge rob zombie fan as well and they knocked it out of the park but to each their own

To be fair Derek Every game since oh....2005 nib for you has been knocked out of the park...Until you sell it a month later. Thats not ribbing that's just the way you have been for EVERY new game.

#3076 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Aurich, you're a great guy. I know we've had our differences. But I went up at Expo just to say hi because I absolutely respect you as a person and a designer. And you have to be stoked about designing a pinball machine. That's a dream come true. So it's with 100% love that I say this: stop offering design help to the competition. Design feedback is fine. Everything you said in this thread was fine UNTIL you offered Charlie to help fix his playfield art problems.
You work for the competition. Plain and simple. You were up on stage with Andrew and Heighway...That is your team. That should be your family man. I get it, you love pinball and want to chime in. And believe me, you should. But when you offer to help "fix" it for someone, that is 1000000% wrong. Stay true to the guy who's cutting you checks and know where that line is. You normally do. But this time it just feels like you're saying stuff to make yourself look better, but in reality, you're just acting like a fanboy with no loyalty at all. And look, the most admirable quality in a man is trust. And if I were Andrew, I would be like, "What the fuck are you doing offering to help design Charlie's game?" Andrew is the nicest guy and may be letting this slide, but you have great potential to be an asset long term in pinball making, but when you sign on with a team, act like a pro and show them some respect. Enough of this "love of pinball" bullshit people. These are companies competing for dollars. Real money to survive and grow.
Still love you Aurich and I know you'll agree on some level.

Quoted from kaneda:

Dude what is your hangup with Aurich? The constant troll crap is just mind boggling.

#3077 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

*snort*

#3078 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Dude what is your hangup with Aurich? The constant troll crap is just mind boggling.

maybe?

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Bromance.

QSS

#3081 3 years ago

And another thread that has nothing to do with kaneda is now all about him.
He is not buying one. No one cares and yet he we are!!

#3082 3 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

And another thread that has nothing to do with kaneda is now all about him.
He is not buying one. No one cares and yet he we are!!

I make one post. 20 people respond. Who makes it about me? Me or them? Look simmer down people. I actually like RZ and think it's different and will be a blast to play. Just think it sucks Aurich backed out. This was his dream pin.

#3083 3 years ago

Much easier to just click the ignore button. He's like cancer and just spreads his shit all over the place.

#3084 3 years ago

RZ just announced his new CD coming out January 11, 2016. The video was posted on his Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/RobZombie/videos/10153479633913323/?pnref=story

something-is-coming.jpg

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Much easier to just click the ignore button. He's like cancer and just spreads his shit all over the place.

Great advice! I just got religion and did that.

#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

RZ just announced his new CD coming out January 11, 2016. The video was posted on his Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/RobZombie/videos/10153479633913323/?pnref=story
something-is-coming.jpg

Awesome video. It would be cool to see that video style on the dmd.

#3087 3 years ago

The playfield art is really growing on me too. I think less is more in this case.

Pretty sure kaneda has a man crush on aurich, why else would he try and lend him money or obsess over him?

#3088 3 years ago

Any idea when we'll find out our build numbers?

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I make one post. 20 people respond. Who makes it about me? Me or them? Look simmer down people. I actually like RZ and think it's different and will be a blast to play. Just think it sucks Aurich backed out. This was his dream pin.

There will be people whose dream pin is Aliens and will be let down by Aurichs art. The pendulum swings both ways..

#3090 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

The playfield art is really growing on me too. I think less is more in this case.
Pretty sure kaneda has a man crush on aurich, why else would he try and lend him money or obsess over him?

No crush, we are both hyper posters and I take his opinions about art seriously. Him passing on rob zombie would be like me passing on an Akira pin.

#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You don't think offering to pay for Aurich is a tad "weird"? And then continuing to go on and on about it?

#3092 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I'm guessing when all three hundred are committed and paid. I'm pretty sure that your number is based upon where you were in the request order.

#3093 3 years ago

Maybe I missed it, but each time someone declines, is an email going out immediately to the next person on the list? Or is a batch of 50 (or whatever the number is) going out shortly?

By the way, still seems 6/30 was the last date someone got confirmed on the interest list and has been confirmed in the 300. I was 7/4 and am still on the waitlist. Anyone later get in the 300 yet?

#3094 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You don't think offering to pay for Aurich is a tad "weird"? And then continuing to go on and on about it?

I am a bit weird

#3095 3 years ago

Hi, is this the talk about me thread, or did I take a wrong turn? Click the ignore button and move on with your life, it will improve.

robzombiepinball.jpg

#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I am a bit weird

Do you own any pins?

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hi, is this the talk about me thread, or did I take a wrong turn? Click the ignore button and move on with your life, it will improve.
robzombiepinball.jpg

Man, that is great art there...what could have been.

#3098 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

come to the Mongrels of Pinball Filfth Thread RZSSI club thread and discuss real stuff like build numbers. that discussion should ramp up any day now that KT is likely to start sharing numbers soon enough

#3099 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Do you own any pins?

Fonzie

#3100 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Maybe I missed it, but each time someone declines, is an email going out immediately to the next person on the list? Or is a batch of 50 (or whatever the number is) going out shortly?
By the way, still seems 6/30 was the last date someone got confirmed on the interest list and has been confirmed in the 300. I was 7/4 and am still on the waitlist. Anyone later get in the 300 yet?

Sent email 8/13@9am and was told I was 130th on wait list and 430th overall. I have not got any email wanting my deposit. Speaking of deposit does the next person in the queue have a week to decide as well?

Looks like I'll be moving my deposit to the ghostbusters when it opens up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waukesha, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside