Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 210.
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Was listening to Zombie Past and present disc. This song came on and never really noticed this before last night. Check the lyrics
Girl on Fire
Rob Zombie
Lyrics
Yeah, I am the super-eye
A blackened dream a golden eye
Trapped in a fantasy
A silent clown, a villain see
Mongrels of pinball filth
Electric shrines to boogey tilt
Dying is to get her way
Get it, get it, she want it, she want it
Yeah, she's on fire
That girl's on fire
Burn me up, burn me up
She's on fire
That girl's on fire
Burn me up, burn me up
Yeah, get going under ground
A raven hood a blanket sound
(Save?) thee and aggravate
A ravaging, a frozen slate
Time square in outer space
I kick the move right in your face
Satanic fantasies
Get it, she want it
She's on fire
That girl's on fire
Burn me up, burn me up
She's on fire
That girl's on fire
Burn me up, burn me up
He is a megaman
A electric spark a desperate man
Track down to run away
Live to kill another day
Mongrels…

"MONGRELS OF PINBALL FILTH" official RZ pinball club for pinside!

#3002 3 years ago

So, guessing no more info of any kind coming before the tomorrow deadline?

#3003 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, guessing no more info of any kind coming before the tomorrow deadline?

I would love some high rez shots of the playfield. I feel like maybe that flyer photo isn't doing it justice. Maybe with some natural light and the game off even, so the GI isn't blowing out the camera.

If you have time Charlie that would be rad!

#3004 3 years ago

Last info before tomorrow... haven't read any of this, so hope it helps.

Mr. Fawzma was in the shop all day working on code, and we're adding 3 more inserts for 2X, 5X, and 10X above the tombstone... won't happen until production.

We've had a few more pass tonight, which is fantastic (sounds weird to say). But hey, we'd rather hear a "no thanks" than nothing at all, and it opens up a few more guaranteed spots for those past the 300 mark tomorrow.

Well over 2/3rds of the games are spoken for at this time... and we're VERY surprised by that, and incredibly grateful.

Thank you all so much for the faith in us. Off to bed, lots to do tomorrow.

#3005 3 years ago

Thanks, can I have a spinner on mine

(kidding)

#3006 3 years ago

I apologize if I have missed it but are there HD pics of the game? Inside cabinet, under playfield, etc.?

#3007 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I apologize if I have missed it but are there HD pics of the game? Inside cabinet, under playfield, etc.?

No there isn't but the finished game in the videos is just a prototype as far as I can tell so they probably don't want pics under the playfeild

#3008 3 years ago

Well, I'm officially out. The playfield and plastics art as well as the layout (upper pf specifically was a big part) just isn't for me. I wasn't all in on the theme either to be honest and I don't flip just to flip. So one more person can get in now. Good luck! I'll probably be happier putting the dough towards Alien, JJP3, or an upcoming Stern.

#3009 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Last info before tomorrow... haven't read any of this, so hope it helps.
Mr. Fawzma was in the shop all day working on code, and we're adding 3 more inserts for 2X, 5X, and 10X above the tombstone... won't happen until production.
We've had a few more pass tonight, which is fantastic (sounds weird to say). But hey, we'd rather hear a "no thanks" than nothing at all, and it opens up a few more guaranteed spots for those past the 300 mark tomorrow.
Well over 2/3rds of the games are spoken for at this time... and we're VERY surprised by that, and incredibly grateful.
Thank you all so much for the faith in us. Off to bed, lots to do tomorrow.

10X sounds like it could be a real rush

Jackpots 10X - now that would be crazy! ......and good...

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would love some high rez shots of the playfield. I feel like maybe that flyer photo isn't doing it justice.

+1... I suspect the playfield art is as finely detailed as the cabinet, but there's no way to tell without.

#3012 3 years ago

I've decided to pass. Don't want to make a big deal out of it or explain why, but for some reason everyone seems to want to know, so there you have it.

I wish Spooky nothing but good luck and success with the game, the new facility that's rising before their eyes, and their future endeavors.

I'm still very much interested in the progress of the game, and will continue to follow it. I have friends getting one, and invitations to play, so I know I'll get to spend some time with it still, looking forward to it.

#3014 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

(kidding)

Kidding not kidding

Seriously needs spinners somewhere. How can you have a 1000 switch hit mode with no spinners?? Wtf

#3015 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Kidding not kidding
Seriously needs spinners somewhere. How can you have a 1000 switch hit mode with no spinners?? Wtf

it needs an f'ing magnet too. i love magnets.

#3016 3 years ago

House of 3,000 posts.

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

it needs an f'ing magnet too. i love magnets.

I also love magnets, but aside from a magna save type feature, I don't see anywhere on the layout to really care about a magnet this time around. It already has lots of stuff to make the balls go crazy, and to stop the ball on a magnet would only slow down what appears to be a game that can pride itself on how fast the action is.

A spinner however does seem like a bit of a missed opportunity, but 7 ball multi and multipliers gets part of the way there. Adding rotating orbit/ramp corpse bonuses as suggested previously (and possibly taken into consideration) would allow me to ignore the lack of a spinner, but I was surprised how much I liked spinners after getting BK.

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Can you put the code in for a spinner and then we can install one ourselves??

+1

#3019 3 years ago

Thinking back to when I played the RZFBTG prototype a couple years back I can tell you that there is plenty of randomizing gameplay elements and magnets would just be overkill. The pop bumper alignment puts a ton of action on the ball and the game also has 2 upper slingshots. I think the game is going to be a real ass kicker and will keep you on your toes! There's really not many "safe" shots on the game besides the ramp and sometimes the left orbit. Even some of the inner loop shots and targets leave great potential to put the ball in a dangerous spot. With that being said I agree that the lack of a spinner is a missed opportunity. But Charlie has spoken already on that.

#3020 3 years ago

Also hope for a metal apron.

And please no led strips like there were in AMH. Too bright and look cheap.

Sorry, just want this game to be kick ass good

And I loved those pop bumpers on RZFBTG - never seen such fun use of pops for a long time.

#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

there is plenty of randomizing gameplay elements

And I loved those pop bumpers on RZFBTG - never seen such fun use of pops for a long time.

This moment is a perfect example of how crazy the pop/sling action is (chicken pop, then right upper sling, to LU sling, to right side of machine, to LL sling, to RL sling, to LU sling, to RU sling, to Robot [with a nice metal clink sound at the end of it all]):

EDIT: Hmm, the link is set to start at 3:55, works if I put it in the browser, but changes in my post.

#3022 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

(kidding)

Where are folks wanting the spinner to be located? Sorry if this has been discussed and i missed it.

Thanks

#3023 3 years ago

I just dropped out on RZ so that moves someone else onto the list. I love all of the art work, just can't quite get into the theme. Merry Christmas! lol

Dan

#3024 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Where are folks wanting the spinner to be located? Sorry if this has been discussed and i missed it.
Thanks

I have no idea if it even makes sense mechanically, but the only suggestion I can remember was on the upper playfield.

#3025 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've decided to pass. Don't want to make a big deal out of it or explain why, but for some reason everyone seems to want to know, so there you have it.
I wish Spooky nothing but good luck and success with the game, the new facility that's rising before their eyes, and their future endeavors.
I'm still very much interested in the progress of the game, and will continue to follow it. I have friends getting one, and invitations to play, so I know I'll get to spend some time with it still, looking forward to it.

This will send Kenada into a deep depression.

I think it's going to be a really fun game. It's different and I like that. I won't be for everyone but only 300 people need to like it anyway.

#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

just can't quite get into the theme.

And you JUST figured this out??

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have no idea if it even makes sense mechanically, but the only suggestion I can remember was on the upper playfield.

upper pf or left orbit. both would be cool

#3028 3 years ago

A nice grab bag gift!

IMG_3152.jpg

#3029 3 years ago

Also hope for a metal apron.
And please no led strips like there were in AMH. Too bright and look cheap.
Sorry, just want this game to be kick ass good

Apron is plastic; confirmed with KT.

#3030 3 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Disappointing.

Metal just adds a touch of class and is a nice way to make it look better quality.

#3031 3 years ago

We won't see Kaneda for at least a week.

He's busy scalping Star Wars tickets

#3032 3 years ago

Disappointing.
Metal just adds a touch of class and is a nice way to make it look better quality.

I agree 100%. Did AMH have a metal apron? I can't seem to find any definitive info on what that game had.

#3033 3 years ago

AMH is metal

#3034 3 years ago

Thanks for clarifying.

#3035 3 years ago

I like the built-in RGB LED strips in the AMH cabinet. I was hoping to see them on RZ as well. They would've helped the sides to look less bare. I'll have to slap on some side mirrors or something.

The metal apron with the color-changing ghost cut out on AMH was a nice touch, too. Bummer.

Really can't complain though. In exchange we're getting better art, better display, better music & call outs, etc.

#3036 3 years ago

Darn it, that is a serious down grade already then

Back to lighting - the game needs to have fairly ambient lighting to go with the theme.

But adding mirror blades will probably look pretty good and add reflective light to those who want added brightness.

#3037 3 years ago

Darn it, that is a serious down grade already then
Back to lighting - the game needs to have fairly ambient lighting to go with the theme.
But adding mirror blades will probably look pretty good and add reflective light to those who want added brightness.

black mirrors blades is where it's at!

#3038 3 years ago

I don't have blades of any kind on any of my games. I own a set from Tron, never bothered to install them. (Hey, something I forgot in the do you always install your mods thread!)

I've never really thought the sides looked empty I guess, not a real concern for me. Maybe if you get used to it then you expect it.

For me though the part that bugs me is blank back boards. It looks like it's just black wood on this game, so maybe if Spooky does aftermarket "accessories" for the game like the podcast discussed that's something that could go on the list, would be nice to have a graphic back there.

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't want to make a big deal out of it or explain why, but for some reason everyone seems to want to know, so there you have it.

I can tell you why - you stream-of-conscious-ed on here for probably 10-20 posts. Some people were annoyed, others (like myself) became interested because of your quantity of posts, as well as the views you had. I wanted to know to discover the end of the story - it otherwise would have been like reading a detective novel and at the end, after everything had been analyzed, the detective just says, "Well, someone did the crime, but we don't know who!"

Thanks for sharing. I wish you had the reason though. Now we know who did the crime, but not the motive. :-/

#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I can tell you why - you stream-of-conscious-ed on here for probably 10-20 posts. Some people were annoyed, others (like myself) became interested because of your quantity of posts, as well as the views you had. I wanted to know to discover the end of the story - it otherwise would have been like reading a detective novel and at the end, after everything had been analyzed, the detective just says, "Well, someone did the crime, but we don't know who!"
Thanks for sharing. I wish you had the reason though. Now we know who did the crime, but not the motive. :-/

It was Horley in the study with the paint brush.

I personally like a lot of things about the art and the game. No one wanted an AMH at all when it was released, we see how opinions have changed on it. RZ may be a great game, it may be decent, it may suck. At then end of the day it's only pinball and pretty much all pinball is fun.

#3041 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It was Horley in the study with the paint brush.

That's my thinking too, but I would have liked to hear from the detective :-/

Quoted from jgentry:

At then end of the day it's only pinball and pretty much all pinball is fun.

Yeah, a bad game of pinball is still better than just about anything else I can think of. Unless it's X-File, screw that game.

#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Where are folks wanting the spinner to be located?

Actually a spinner is very doable in code. If there are two switches in a lane, measure the difference of the time it takes for the inputs to make as the ball rolls over them. Then the different time could equal different amounts of virtual "spin". Add some cool animations in dots, and Wah-Lah! Might not be as satisfying as the real thing but it is doable.

#3043 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Just read through his posts. After all this time I think I know him pretty well. My first post about this was that he was out. I understand.

#3044 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Fair enough!

Let's just say that while I dig the theme and the concept, the execution just didn't line up with my personal expectations, and there were too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable.

I know some people say "well that's how it is with Stern too!" but that's why I don't buy brand new Stern games I've never played either.

It has nothing to do with money, let's just nip that stupidity in the bud, but when I buy a $6k machine I have certain expectations for it, that I feel are reasonable. I don't consider that a cheap toy.

The art was definitely a factor, but it wasn't the only one.

That feel sufficient? I guess if you really want details PM me, I don't want to be negative in this thread for no reason. I hope everyone enjoys the game, I really do look forward to playing it, and I hope Spooky keeps raising their internal bar for each game they make.

Edit: Ted I seriously was really close to just saying F it and going in yesterday. Some things changed my mind, and I'm comfortable with my choice, but it really was a last minute call. Still, your instincts are likely not wrong.

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Edit: Ted I seriously was really close to just saying F it and going in yesterday. Some things changed my mind, and I'm comfortable with my choice, but it really was a last minute call. Still, your instincts are likely not wrong.

I'm right with ya. I'm in, but I understand everything you said.

#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I'm also disappointed. Shouldn't a heavy metal pin have a metal apron?

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

will you still make some alt art for us?
overlay, plastics, backboard piece, side panels, other?

#3048 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Let's just say that while I dig the theme and the concept, the execution just didn't line up with my personal expectations, and there were too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable.

That's fair. RZ will be my "fourth" NIB game, although of those AMH I bought the demo game at the MGC so no box and Tron is still sitting boxed waiting for my new house, and if not will be paying for a quarter of my next car. I'm guessing I'll get RZ as a show pin too after the MGC, so in my four NIB machines, I only will actually have two in the box.

RZ is the only machine that I am buying NIB that I have not played. I did get to play PZFBTG at MGC a few years ago and I really liked the layout - with the exception of the mini playfield which was terrible at the time, the new one I think actually looks GREAT - but I totally get the desire to not purchase a machine that you don't know much about. Good reasoning.

Thanks for completing the story.

#3049 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

...and Tron is still sitting boxed waiting for my new house...

#3050 3 years ago

The worst things anyone can't says is that it doesn't matter how this machine is as they area only selling 300 and they are sold. The machine should be designed to be desirable enough to sell 3000 plus.
The second worst things is for a business to ignore feedback. If the clear majority says the playfield is a let down then you fix it. Rob Zombie may like it but he aint selling the machines .

Btw all the other artwork is absolutely beautiful, it's a shame it didn't continue to the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waukesha, WI
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside