Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 211.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I would love it if you somehow included the "dragula" vehicle. I don't think Rob would be on board for it being a bash toy, but I do think he'd like it if it were a cover for a scoop (where the ball shoots at the flippers), sort of like the Whirlwind cellar. I'm thinking something like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/42v47ujip5vtyfn/dragula_scoop.jpg?dl=0

as the code guy I think he meant moreso game play form a coding perspective

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Kayte told me I'm on the list. So does that mean I will get a game? If the le's are gone then should I assume I'm one of 250 standards? Anyone know anything more about this list and how exactly it might work?

I would just hold tight and give them a few days to catch up. I'm sure they've been swamped with contacts and it will take some time to get everything sorted out.

Jaz

#253 4 years ago

This is a dream title for my wife and I! Cant wait to see it all unfold!

#254 4 years ago

I love this thread. This is how pinball boutique threads should be. Can't wait to see this title!

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Never heard about this theme. Checked it... Just awefull....
Unbelievable.....

-moderated-

Taking one for the team. You're all thinking it.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

First the karma, and now no nudity?

I'm running out of reasons to come to this site.

It wasn't even nudity.

It was a painting of zombie girl that supposedly is part of the artwork.

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Kayte told me I'm on the list. So does that mean I will get a game? If the le's are gone then should I assume I'm one of 250 standards? Anyone know anything more about this list and how exactly it might work?

Yeah you are in on a standard. LE sold out to AMH owners.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Standard BG has Rob lording over the characters, arms outstretched. Characters from his movies / videos around him, a giant moon, a huge werewolf and other stuff. Living Dead Girl, Baby, Spaulding, the axe guy...

The werewolf would be from Werewolf Women of the SS. Not sure who the axe guy would be. Jason carries a big knife. Maybe Otis, or someone from House of 1000 Corpses. (John 5 is the axe guy in my book.)

A tie in to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Madmen would be fun. Maybe a topper? Maybe a tunnel in the game?

The robot from Phantom Creeps which Rob uses on stage, would make a perfect toy. (or a great mod if left out)

Anything Horror/Metal/Halloween would work. Lets hear some ideas!

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hope this doesn't apply to Australia.

Who knows? I guess as long as you are outside the EU it might work for you.
Spooky seems not being in the position to fulfill all the EU regulatory principles like DOC, CE certified, etc ...
If these papers are not required to ship / import electronic stuff to AUS it might work for you, better to ask Spooky.

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Never heard about this theme. Checked it... Just awefull....

That's it...you nailed it: awe-full.
I am full of Awe for Rob Zombie.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Who knows? I guess as long as you are outside the EU it might work for you.
Spooky seems not being in the position to fulfill all the EU regulatory principles like DOC, CE certified, etc ...
If these papers are not required to ship / import electronic stuff to AUS it might work for you, better to ask Spooky.

No, checked with Spooky - it's all good. I thought it might have been a license related issue, but sounds like an EU certification issue.

#262 4 years ago

Still hoping I get on the list : (

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Send an email. I did last night and got on "the list".....

#264 4 years ago

So confused!

I thought non-AMH guys had to wait until July to get listed... or was that only going to be for the LE?

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

So confused!
I thought non-AMH guys had to wait until July to get listed... or was that only going to be for the LE?

Hope Spooky at least sends an email to AMH buyers first. Usually customers are the first to know about new products with just about any company, as they are most likely to buy from you again. at this point the details are just hear say....would be a shame to be sold out before a nonpinside AMH owner even gets to hear the details.

I am an AMH customer, and I am anxiously awaiting specifics directly from spooky, vs a forum.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Hope Spooky at least sends an email to AMH buyers first. Usually customers are the first to know about new products with just about any company, as they are most likely to buy from you again. at this point the details are just hear say....would be a shame to be sold out before a nonpinside AMH owner even gets to hear the details.
I am an AMH customer, and I am anxiously awaiting specifics directly from spooky, vs a forum.

Kinda what I was hoping too.

#267 4 years ago

How's this for an idea, out of fairness to existing AMH owners.... extend the LE offer to July 4th as planned, but not limit it to 50 for AMH owners.

So, say 80 AMH owners want the LE and say so before July 4, all of them can get one, and the 30 machines is reduced from the 250 regulars (now 220 regulars available). So you are still making the 300.

It's likely no non-AMH owners will get an LE, but that is the reward for the early adopters.

#268 4 years ago

dupe

#269 4 years ago

Pretty sure any AMH owner or non-owner paying attention has been following along with info they provided at the Denver show, on their website, on youtube, and on their social media?

I was gone camping with limited access over the weekend and had mentally noted that I better get connected to find out details and shoot off an email. I was able to secure my needs and got a confirmation back from spooky shorthly after sending them the request for LE.

I honestly do not think they should be changing anything. This may not be as smooth as they want (who knew that too much demand could be an issue?), but chaning things after announcement will inevitably lead to more confusion and not less.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Quoted from nephasth:

Send an email. I did last night and got on "the list".....

I sent an email but never got a response back.

#271 4 years ago

Crazy... I sent an email to Charlie and got a response from him and later an additional response from KT.

#272 4 years ago

One thing to note... Spooky is calling it an "interested" list. I'm sure nothing is secured until they start collecting deposits.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

How's this for an idea, out of fairness to existing AMH owners.... extend the LE offer to July 4th as planned, but not limit it to 50 for AMH owners.
So, say 80 AMH owners want the LE and say so before July 4, all of them can get one, and the 30 machines is reduced from the 250 regulars (now 220 regulars available). So you are still making the 300.
It's likely no non-AMH owners will get an LE, but that is the reward for the early adopters.

Because the 50 LE's is an upfront cost/contract with the artist and likely already negotiated. That's what I gathered reading between the lines. I'm not in the industry so I don't know how artists work, but it sounds like they negotiate X amount for Y units....Not X amount per unit infinitely. In otherwords, it's 5K for a print that spooky is allowed to produce up to 50 LE backglasses. Not $100 per backglass for as many as you want.

Not saying contracts can't be renegotiated, but it's not as cut/dry as it appears. In addition to the artist, there is also the license from Rob Zombie to consider. He may have stipulated only 50 also, since it involves the dragula which is under a separate license.

#274 4 years ago

Do you guys read or just post? Did you miss this one?

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd... wow, I did not see that coming. .

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Because the 50 LE's is an upfront cost/contract with the artist and likely already negotiated. That's what I gathered reading between the lines. I'm not in the industry so I don't know how artists work, but it sounds like they negotiate X amount for Y units....Not X amount per unit infinitely. In otherwords, it's 5K for a print that spooky is allowed to produce up to 50 LE backglasses. Not $100 per backglass for as many as you want.
Not saying contracts can't be renegotiated, but it's not as cut/dry as it appears. In addition to the artist, there is also the license from Rob Zombie to consider. He may have stipulated only 50 also, since it involves the dragula which is under a separate license.

Fair enough. Oh well, obviously every game will be a learning experience.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

One thing to note... Spooky is calling it an "interested" list. I'm sure nothing is secured until they start collecting deposits.

I was told I am getting a LE. Things change sometimes but I assume I will be getting a LE as told.

Charlie also said this which os pretty clear to me that the LEs are all accounted for

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Crazy... I sent an email to Charlie and got a response from him and later an additional response from KT.

Not worried. I sent the email to KT - I just asked if there were any LEs left as I figured they were gone by the time I sent my email. If I don't get an LE I wont sweat it.

#278 4 years ago

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd

This speaks a lot of your team and games. That the AMH owner's are wanting more Spooky and have already purchased 1/6th of your games. Congrats Charlie

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Not sure who the axe guy would be

Big fat clown in house of a 1000 robbery in beginning. Most likely its papa Firefly though

4db1d7468fc1cc02aeda5ef453b45165.jpg

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Not worried. I sent the email to KT - I just asked if there were any LEs left as I figured they were gone by the time I sent my email. If I don't get an LE I wont sweat it.

and the beauty of this is no real differences between the LE and the regular where it matters so nothing to fret.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and the beauty of this is no real differences between the LE and the regular where it matters so nothing to fret.

and this one may not pass the wife test.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

and this one may not pass the wife test.

your wife is pretty cool and the boys are getting older. Whom doesn't like hot chicks in zombie form...

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

your wife is pretty cool and the boys are getting older. Whom doesn't like hot chicks in zombie form...

My wife!

#284 4 years ago

Just a note on Charlie / KT and Spooky pinball...

A lot of bad shit has gone on in the hobby lately unfortunately. Spooky Pinball and their approach and commitment to things is really a refreshing way to do things - fairly, not greedy (although they are totally entitled to reap the rewards of their risk and hard work), honestly, transparent (no BS / hidden agenda), etc....

I have repeatedly seen these guys do the RIGHT thing by everyone... I'm just so happy as their friend to see them doing what they love - making pinballs for a living. KT now there full time. Charlie getting his dream theme of Rob Zombie... Unreal good karma for them...

From my point of view as their only distributor. Here is my history and insight... I was an early AMH buyer, got to know them, became a sponsor of the podcast and have a segment on the show each month, became a distributor for AMH, actively promoted the game for them to shows in the northeast to get it exposure so they didn't have to worry about cost to go there, etc... Then AMH sold out... We all knew the Rob Zombie game was going to sell out. They could have said, Joe, you know what you've been a great friend, but going forward we can do this ourselves and sell direct and cut me out. They didn't. In fact, they are getting inquiries from many others looking to be a distributor and they stood by me and said - you did right by us, were there when others weren't, you will remain our ONLY distributor. I got an allotment of games, not very many, but that's fine - they need to make money on the bulk to survive, it's all good. I'm happy to be on the team.

They could have said to all you guys - you know what we have a license now and need to charge $ 7,500 per game to cover that. They didn't. Why, I haven't asked yet, but would have seemed very reasonable. I think they just traded off Ben's part of AMH for Rob Zombie and felt they were still making enough to survive. They also did the right thing by again ensuring those that supported them early on as AMH buyers were guaranteed a spot. That was also the right call.

Charlie will stick to his word no matter what, right or wrong. He cut himself short on AMH stopping at 150, and I even tried to convince him to do more - he won't. I've tried to convince him he could charge more to build a deeper financial foundation for the company going forward - he won't. Same with the Rob Zombie game - he has a contract spelling out things, guys - it's not going to change. Is it perfect, no - there could be more LE's, more total games, but let's all please respect Charlie's decisions. Don't ruin the moment for him by second guessing. Let's thank him for the all the right decisions. They are made with the best intentions for his business, his family, and the pinball community.

My hat's off to him. I'm proud to be associated with Spooky. Not once in my business or personal relationship with him has this guy even bantered about doing something shady or self serving, and that's the truth. It's great to see what he's done RIGHT and succeeded at when others have failed so horribly.

And you can add Ben Heck to all of the above too.

Thanks Charlie, KT, and Spooky !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Just a note on Charlie / KT and Spooky pinball...
A lot of bad shit has gone on in the hobby lately unfortunately. Spooky Pinball and their approach and commitment to things is really a refreshing way to do things - fairly, not greedy (although they are totally entitled to reap the rewards of their risk and hard work), honestly, transparent (no BS / hidden agenda), etc....
I have repeatedly seen these guys do the RIGHT thing by everyone... I'm just so happy as their friend to see them doing what they love - making pinballs for a living. KT now there full time. Charlie getting his dream theme of Rob Zombie... Unreal good karma for them...
From my point of view as their only distributor. Here is my history and insight... I was an early AMH buyer, got to know them, became a sponsor of the podcast and have a segment on the show each month, became a distributor for AMH, actively promoted the game for them to shows in the northeast to get it exposure so they didn't have to worry about cost to go there, etc... Then AMH sold out... We all knew the Rob Zombie game was going to sell out. They could have said, Joe, you know what you've been a great friend, but going forward we can do this ourselves and sell direct and cut me out. They didn't. In fact, they are getting inquiries from many others looking to be a distributor and they stood by me and said - you did right by us, were there when others weren't, you will remain our ONLY distributor. I got an allotment of games, not very many, but that's fine - they need to make money on the bulk to survive, it's all good. I'm happy to be on the team.
They could have said to all you guys - you know what we have a license now and need to charge $ 7,500 per game to cover that. They didn't. Why, I haven't asked yet, but would have seemed very reasonable. I think they just traded off Ben's part of AMH for Rob Zombie and felt they were still making enough to survive. They also did the right thing by again ensuring those that supported them early on as buyers were guaranteed a spot. That was also the right call.
Charlie will stick to his word no matter what, right or wrong. He cut himself short on AMH stopping at 150, and I even tried to convince him to do more - he won't. I've tried to convince him he could charge more to build a deeper financial foundation for the company going forward - he won't. Same with the Rob Zombie game - he has a contract spelling out things, guys - it's not going to change. Is it perfect, no - there could be more LE's, more total games, but let's all please respect Charlie's decisions. They are made with the best intentions for his business, his family, and the pinball community.
My hat's off to him. I'm proud to be associated with Spooky. Not once in my business or personal relationship with him has this guy even bantered about doing something shady or self serving, and that's the truth. It's great to see what he's done RIGHT and succeeded at when others have failed so horribly.
Thanks Charlie, KT, and Spooky !
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

Well said Joe

#286 4 years ago

Really... we never dreamed that 1 out of 3 AMH customers would jump on a Rob Zombie game. But they did... and then some. Lesson learned.

The July 4th was the date we'd release any remaining LE's to non AMH customers... it's a non issue because there are far more than 50 AMH customers who'd like an LE. You can jump on the standard list now, and I suggest you email [email protected] quickly.

Let's face it, at 300 units the entire run is an LE. Again, the playfield and features are NO different. No extra toys, modes, etc... just a little extra bling.

Once we show the playfield and art, deposit of $1,000 confirms your game, NOTHING more until your game is done. You've got a couple months at my best estimate. Games we hope to start shipping right after the 1st of the year. As in 2016... not 2017, 2018, or 2025.

Doing our best. We aren't perfect but we are honest.

#287 4 years ago

Thanks Charlie!
I am sure you are getting tons of questions and emails so we all appreciate you taking the time to give us info.

Any chance you have an idea of how long we will have between seeing the artwork/layout before we will need to deposit the 1k?

Just trying to figure out a timeline for when I will need to have $$ ready as it will probably mean selling a game.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Any chance you have an idea of how long we will have between seeing the artwork/layout before we will need to deposit the 1k?

Was this in reference to that in the previous post?

Once we show the playfield and art, deposit of $1,000 confirms your game, NOTHING more until your game is done. You've got a couple months at my best estimate. .

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

IE: playfield and art will be shown, no $1k deposit needed until then, or am I reading that wrong?

Reading it right.

#291 4 years ago

Really... we never dreamed that 1 out of 3 AMH customers would jump on a Rob Zombie game. But they did... and then some. Lesson learned.
The July 4th was the date we'd release any remaining LE's to non AMH customers... it's a non issue because there are far more than 50 AMH customers who'd like an LE. You can jump on the standard list now, and I suggest you email [email protected] quickly.
Let's face it, at 300 units the entire run is an LE. Again, the playfield and features are NO different. No extra toys, modes, etc... just a little extra bling.
Once we show the playfield and art, deposit of $1,000 confirms your game, NOTHING more until your game is done. You've got a couple months at my best estimate. Games we hope to start shipping right after the 1st of the year. As in 2016... not 2017, 2018, or 2025.
Doing our best. We aren't perfect but we are honest.

Charlie,

Will the extra bling consist of Rob's signature anywhere? Just curious, as it makes no difference to me either way.

#292 4 years ago

I'll sign each one if that matters to anyone My signature.. not Robs.

#293 4 years ago

Holy crap. Emailed to get on the list, and Kayte responded within maybe 4 minutes. I am impressed. I heart Spooky Pinball.

#294 4 years ago

WOW!!!! JUST....... WOW!!!!!

Congrats for the AWESOME theme!!! Couldn't get better!!!!!

#295 4 years ago

ROBZOMBIE1ST.jpg

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Congrats for the AWESOME theme!!! Couldn't get better!!!!!

So... is one coming to Brazil?

Because one will be in France, one way or another, soon or later...

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

So... is one coming to Brazil?
Because one will be in France, one way or another, soon or later...

Maybe someday but I don't see it happening in a near future.... you see, Stern has its Chile distributor for LATAM.... But what about Spooky? I've seen that they won't export to Europe either....

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll sign each one if that matters to anyone My signature.. not Robs.

Way to go David! We'll make that part of the LE package.

David's a great guy, has designed games before, but he's new to pinball. Ben and I guide, but David gets his 2 cents on everything as well. I have no desire to micromanage anyone that works here. We sent him home with a RZ and an AMH, and let the file / script / dots / etc etc etc sharing commence!

A big part of Spooky's original objective was to give new talented people a shot in pinball. I interviewed about a half dozen people for the programming gig, but none could pass the Ben Heck test... until David came along. Hopefully Ben's brain is recovering from the AMH damage done... he needs a break. Of course he "takes a break from pinball" and designs a mini game and writes new code for future Zombie goodness we haven't even told you about, but at least David keeps him from jumping off the roof!

So yep, welcome to team Spooky, David!

#299 4 years ago

I'm neither a Rob Zombie fan nor a hater. I generally find that music style mildly annoying but am a horror fan and think some of the other stuff he does is cool, so the theme is kind of 50/50 for me.

I like Alex Horley and actually have the Art of Blizzard book shown on his site. I'm very curious how his art will translate to a pinball machine. It's not too difficult to imagine what the backglass will be like, in general terms at least. What I'm really interested to see is the playfield. High hopes for the art overall.

I've come to realize that the art package has a huge impact on how much a pin appeals to me. I have almost no interest in Stern pins and the main reason is their overall art style. I used to think that licensed themes just didn't do it for me but it turns out it's how the licences are translated to the art. I like T2 but not T3, for instance. Seems like lots of people are clamoring for more hand drawn art so I guess I'm not alone.

I'm not in a position to sign up for a Rob Zombie, but am excited to see how it looks and plays. Best wishes to Spooky, hope they knock it out of the park!

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

But what about Spooky? I've seen that they won't export to Europe either....

Right. But there are ways... Buying a used Pin is a solution.
PS: what about a Sepultura pin? That would be a fantastic base for artwork.
PS2: I love Taito's Defender clone, Mr Black. Wish I could see one in Europe one day.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside