2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 223.
#2901 8 years ago

I know my opinion won't change anything but this IS a discussion forum. My only thoughts on a change would be how awesome it would be to have a spinner to smack during the house of 1000 corpses mode

#2902 8 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

I know my opinion won't change anything but this IS a discussion forum. My only thoughts on a change would be how awesome it would be to have a spinner to smack during the house of 1000 corpses mode

+1

#2903 8 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

+1000

#2904 8 years ago

Soooo.......just throwin it out there as a complete long shot. I have a GoT premium paid in full that I'm willing to trade for a spot or hook the spooky crew up with it to get in. It can be changed to anything if GoT isn't wanted. It's basically a few hundred bucks in someone's pocket. It's from a well known top distributor so I'm sure you can do whatever you want with the money.

My old battalion is serving a long duty overseas and we have a couple Zombie songs that serve as our theme when we're out there. They'll be there all next year and probably 2017, I want to get one of these put in our wellness center out there to keep all of the soldiers morale up!

Unfortunately I'm late to the game and all my money is tied up in that pin.

#2905 8 years ago

While spinners are no doubt cool, I don't understand the obsession? if you watch Charlie's gameplay vid he says: "1000 switch hits- so we give you 7 balls"

I'm a lot more excited to hit 7 balls at a time with amazing music and theme and blah blah than I am to watch a piece of metal rotate around for the millionth time since 1970.

#2906 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So if I come in here and lick Spooky's boot

I would rather lick Spookie's boots, than be a cork soaker like you!

#2907 8 years ago

I was on the fence for a very long time. I finally decided that if I was this uncertain it would be douchie for me to deny somebody waiting for their chance at a dream machine.

I'm not a flipper....so enjoy your gift random stranger. Happy holidays!

#2908 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm a lot more excited to hit 7 balls at a time with amazing music and theme and blah blah than I am to watch a piece of metal rotate around for the millionth time since 1970.

1000 hits is a f**k of a lot of hits. You won't get the bumper cage hits on this game either.

If there was a spinner (or two) you could rip it for 15-25 hits towards the 1000, it'd make a huge difference.

It's gonna take a long time of play to get 1000 switch hits as it is now. My guess is most people will have to replay the mode heaps of times to get 1000 hits. Which may well be what Charlie is aiming for. Only the Shadow errrr Charlie knowwwwwwws

rd

#2909 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

1000 hits is a f**k of a lot of hits. You won't get the bumper cage hits on this game either.
If there was a spinner (or two) you could rip it for 15-25 hits towards the 1000, it'd make a huge difference.
It's gonna take a long time of play to get 1000 switch hits as it is now. My guess is most people will have to replay the mode heaps of times to get 1000 hits. Which may well be what Charlie is aiming for. Only The Shadow errrr Charlie knowwwwwwws
rd

But it has also been said you can 2x or 3x the switches, so in theory it could only take 334ish switch hits.

#2910 8 years ago

If you watched the video, the hits seemed to be going up quickly, as if there was s multiplier of some kind. Looked doable to me in 1-2 try's.

#2911 8 years ago

When this game is in my home, I will probably add some mods like I do my other games. For example, it needs to be lit up a bit more. Especially since there are not many inserts. I would add undercabinet lighting that flashes to the music, flipper button lights, and RGB color changing speaker lights. Maybe even a few nonfunctional toys or some overlays of ghoulish images in small areas of the playfield. these things run the risk of being cheezy, but it does otherwise look a little bland on the playfield as everyone has been talking about for many posts now. Side mirrors or art panels would be an excellent addition. So my comment in general is that you can fix up these shortcomings with a few dollars and some creativity to make it your own. Hey, how about getting a dragula skull shift knob for the pinball shooter rod!?

#2912 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The GI is already miles beyond AMH.
Spotlights would help even more! (and I wish AMH had some

All I would ask is that whatever lighting is added, the bulbs don't hit the players eyes as games that are like this are no fun to play......

Also hoping/guessing from what has been presented is that the rules/code will be non linear?

#2913 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's done, finished.
Is it perfect? No.
Good enough?
That's for each of us to decide....

I'm sorry, I didn't read Aurichs comment he posted a couple of days ago. It looks like I wrote more or less the same thing as he did ...just shorter. It was not my intention to be a copy cat.
I have no doubt it'll be a great game. Just the playfield art hurts in my eyes. It just doesn't match with the rest of the art package. However, I'm really looking forward to hopefully be able to play the game once (...or twice, or more).

#2914 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

While spinners are no doubt cool, I don't understand the obsession? if you watch Charlie's gameplay vid he says: "1000 switch hits- so we give you 7 balls"

Quoted from rotordave:

Quoted from Pimp77:

But it has also been said you can 2x or 3x the switches, so in theory it could only take 334ish switch hits.

I would agree that with the multiplier it won't be as tough as it sounds. I would, however, really like to have something to shoot for (other than just multiplier targets) during the mode. Trying to keep 7 balls alive while shooting at a particular target will probably be near impossible, but once you're down to 3 or 2 balls, what do you do to keep collecting corpses?

#2915 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

True story

#2916 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I would agree that with the multiplier it won't be as tough as it sounds. I would, however, really like to have something to shoot for (other than just multiplier targets) during the mode. Trying to keep 7 balls alive while shooting at a particular target will probably be near impossible, but once you're down to 3 or 2 balls, what do you do to keep collecting corpses?

If it's a switch, you get corpse.

I could pick a random switch and blink its light, and that one switch could be worth more then all others. I'd have to test for balance of course.

#2917 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I could pick a random switch and blink its light, and that one switch could be worth more then all others. I'd have to test for balance of course.

This sounds like it could be promising, though if implemented, it may be best to limit the bonus switches to orbits and the ramp, etc.--switches that wouldn't easily be hit automatically with the pop/sling action. With the orbits, it may give the sense that you're collecting these extra corpses from a location you can't see.

#2918 8 years ago

I don't think 1000 corpses is unreasonable if it is achievable during a great game and leads to a reward worthy of the effort. It would be interesting to hear if anyone on the team has achieved this in a real game.

#2919 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I don't think 1000 corpses is unreasonable if it is achievable during a great game and leads to a reward worthy of the effort. It would be interesting to hear if anyone on the team has achieved this in a real game.

Agreed. It should not be easy. It should be an achievement.

#2920 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It didn't look unreasonable at all seeing how fast the corpses were racking up. It just may seem a tad dull if the entire mode is comprised of hitting random switches. It works for something short like Bats/Rats in BSD (the layout also helps where aiming for pops can be a goal), but may feel a bit too much like just trying to keep balls alive until 1000 is hit if there is nothing special to shoot for.

#2921 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Quoted from Medisinyl:

it may be best to limit the bonus switches to orbits and the ramp, etc.

I would tend to agree. I'm sure you guys at Spooky are doing all you can to make this a good game with fun modes. I'm not a great player, and I only have a limited view of what's in the game, so I might be concerned about something unnecessarily.

This mode in particular though, I can see myself with three balls left, trapped on the flippers, maybe I've already collected the 3X, and I'm deciding what to shoot at. There's no spinner, and the pops are spread apart. With all the switches the same value and no particular shot that will give you lots of switch hits, I could see it being a situation where there is no good shot. Maybe you'd just pick the safest one.

#2922 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It didn't look unreasonable at all seeing how fast the corpses were racking up. It just may seem a tad dull if the entire mode is comprised of hitting random switches. It works for something short like Bats/Rats in BSD (the layout also helps where aiming for pops can be a goal), but may feel a bit too much like just trying to keep balls alive until 1000 is hit if there is nothing special to shoot for.

Good point. But most modes have specific shot goals. Having one mode in a Horror game where you are frantically trying to stay alive kind of fits the theme.

#2923 8 years ago

I had to bow out. Just couldn't swing the cash right now.

#2924 8 years ago

sorry if I missed it, but can someone please confirm how many balls in trough, 7 or 8 ?

#2925 8 years ago
Quoted from Rico_Roughneck:

I had to bow out. Just couldn't swing the cash right now.

contact kanada... he seems desperate to buy friends and can help...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2926 8 years ago

I suggest that you get a switch multiplier based on the amount of balls currently in play.

This will definitely make it so the player focuses more on "frantically trying to stay alive".

#2927 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I suggest that you get a switch multiplier based on the amount of balls currently in play.
This will definitely make it so the player focuses more on "frantically trying to stay alive".

Then it would have to be renamed to house of 2000 corpses

#2928 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

good idea but I would suggest a coded mutiplier.

7 balls in play = 1.7 switches per hit
6 = 1.6
5 = 1.5
etc...

Still keep the 2x and 3x pf switch possibility.

This would definately incentivize a very fun and frantic player stragety that changes based on how many balls in play.

7 balls in play and I am just trying to keep it alive while also smash a 2x pf at some point. As balls drain then more effort gets put on grabbing the 2x and 3x pf.

The exact numbers of 1.? per ball in paly would need to be tweak over trail and error but a VERY cool concept.

#2929 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"Only parts of the corpse had been removed"

#2930 8 years ago

House of Conveniently Dismembered Corpses

#2931 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Then it would have to be renamed to house of 2000 corpses

You think so? You start with 7 balls... but really a few of them drain pretty quickly and the player is left with 2 to 4 balls. You could also get rid of the 2X and 3X multiplier so it is purely based on "balls in play".

Instead of the focus of this mode being a specific shot... it would instead be focused on "don't drain any of these! stay alive!"

#2932 8 years ago

I find it funny that people are talking about how impossible or not it will be to get the switch hits... while the people ultimately responsible for making the decision if change is needed... are the only ones who have experience knowing how easy it is or not to achieve... and ultimately are the ones who decide how hard or not it is intended to be.

Instead of saying why it should be changed... why not ask Charlie what its intended to be and how its testing?

#2933 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

why not ask Charlie what its intended to be and how its testing?

Charlie's pretty busy. What else are we going to talk about? Pizza or Aurich?

#2934 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

As ever it depends how the player is rewarded for obtaining goal.

Even back in the 50's the designers were constantly focusing on how to reward players. The games that rewarded big time were played to death.

#2935 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

good idea but I would suggest a coded mutiplier.
6 = 1.6
5 = 1.5
etc...
Still keep the 2x and 3x pf switch possibility.
This would definately incentivize a very fun and frantic player stragety that changes based on how many balls in play.
7 balls in play and I am just trying to keep it alive while also smash a 2x pf at some point. As balls drain then more effort gets put on grabbing the 2x and 3x pf.
The exact numbers of 1.? per ball in paly would need to be tweak over trail and error but a VERY cool concept.

This is a really good idea it will scale the MB to be more about time spent than actual switch hits. Then once 1k is achieved the number of active balls can act as a multiplier on the jackpot to reward you for keeping them active.

I'd still think 2-5 corpses per switch + inverse ball multipler is a good start - 1000 is a LOT of hits. Really it comes down to testing / gameplay especially since the game shoots faster now with clearcoat than the whitwood.

#2936 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

or have a slowly roving shot that's worth 20 switch hits, that would be aggravating in a good way

-c

#2937 8 years ago

The first mode that Charlie plays in the video (Capt. Spaulding) looks kind of lame. Seems pretty easy to just keep the ball in the upper playfield and keep hitting the shot over and over and over. Still wish the upper playfield had a spinner, drop targets, or just a ball rail guide and two rollover switches to make the one huge shot into two lane shots.

#2938 8 years ago

Personally, I'd prefer this mode to be really difficult, one that you are not likely to collect 1000 switch hits the first time around - where you have to go back into the mode again to start over where you left off. Since this will be a home-based pin for many of us, difficulty in completing tasks and rarely seeing some aspects of the game are crucial to its longevity.

I have an AMH (all my games are setup for PAPA-style/tournament practice: no EBs, wide open outlanes, etc.). I have yet to see the Demon Battle. But, I am pretty sure I've seen 99% of the other code. So, I've got one goal to shoot for.

I've got a WOZ. I've melted the witch. I've started Haunted Forest Multiball a few times. I've not seen Flipper Frenzy. I've never started the final munchin multiball. I've not seen SOTR. I've still got multiple goals to shoot for and have owned the game much longer. And maybe I never will with no EBs and open outlanes.

One game, code wise anyway, leaves me with much yet to see. I'm certainly not expecting WOZ-level code, but if RZ is coded much the same as AMH (which I do love the game) only the final Hellbound (or whatever the wizard mode is called) will be difficult to actually see. I'd much prefer several goals in RZ (and any game for that matter) be really difficult to see. So, please Spooky/Fawzma don't make 1000 switch hits easy. In fact, I'd love to see harder modes and have RZ be more like Monster Bash's wizard mode. That is, one wizard mode for having started all the modes (kinda easy to do) and one, very hard to get to (okay MB's Monsters of Rock isn't that hard, but you get my point) wizard mode but with different software and rules (unlike MB). This just adds way more to the game and Spooky wouldn't have to add inserts or other modes to the game to do so.

Also, while I'm making requests: please add multiple high score tables like one for each mode (ala AC/DC or Met) - the more HS tables there are the more the home player has something to shoot for when playing. For example, a high score table for most points scored in each mode, a Killer card champion (most killer cars collected), a corpse champion (most corpses), Chicken and gasoline champion, etc. This adds a lot of extra bang for your buck as a player without the programmer having to add more rules to the game.

Oh, and is the apron clear-coated - looks like it to me?

#2939 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Also, while I'm making requests: please add multiple high score tables like one for each mode (ala AC/DC or Met) - the more HS tables there are the more the home player has something to shoot for when playing. For example, a high score table for most points scored in each mode, a Killer card champion (most killer cars collected), a corpse champion (most corpses), Chicken and gasoline champion, etc. This adds a lot of extra bang for your buck as a player without the programmer having to add more rules to the game.

Adding to my todo. Poor EEPROM won't know what hit it.

#2940 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

awesome! thanks Euchrid and Fawzma

#2941 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Awesome, this is one of my favorite features on newer Stern machines. I especially like the newer versions of TWD that explain how the X Champion score was achieved. "A shot with a 5x multiplier, of which 20M was in barn mode, with a combo worth 3M, etc"

#2942 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I find it funny that people are talking about how impossible or not it will be to get the switch hits... while the people ultimately responsible for making the decision if change is needed... are the only ones who have experience knowing how easy it is or not to achieve... and ultimately are the ones who decide how hard or not it is intended to be.
Instead of saying why it should be changed... why not ask Charlie what its intended to be and how its testing?

Right it is their game, let them design it. To much input. Not all know what is best.

#2943 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why....do you...keep...pausing?

#2944 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I definitely have to second this one, I've always thought that would be a great feature on AMH as well letting me know champion scores for each of the ghost battles and multiballs. Great suggestion and thank you Fawzma for taking it into consideration!

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

#2945 8 years ago

What I like about all the discussion is that we are talking about the game shots and ideas, and we are getting feedback from the coders (fawzma and Heck) and Charlie. Seeing no big OMG comments, just a few opting out due to timing or wasn't what was expected - that shows that the layout, art and gameplay - well... "it doesn't suck" (SRR).

Game design comments are worthless until you play it, IMO. I know Charlie is focused on making it a game he will play for a long time, and if he likes it - I know I will like it. Listening over the years to Spooky podcasts, and having AMH, Charlie and I have similar tastes in games & I' probably like whatever Charlie invents.

I think the 1000 switch hits will be tweaked with code to be "just right". Probably won't see a spinner added - but code can be tweaked with collective feedback from playing.

#2946 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Charlie's pretty busy. What else are we going to talk about? Pizza or Aurich?

Why not both?

"Aurich-ovy Pizza" with extra anchovies?

No offense intended to Aurich!

#2947 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

The first mode that Charlie plays in the video (Capt. Spaulding) looks kind of lame. Seems pretty easy to just keep the ball in the upper playfield and keep hitting the shot over and over and over. Still wish the upper playfield had a spinner, drop targets, or just a ball rail guide and two rollover switches to make the one huge shot into two lane shots.

My biggest concern too, but I'm sure Spaulding will have some classic and funny as shit callouts there.

Hard to figure with 7 minutes of video although understandable with everything they are going through.

Thinking I'm in and will look forward to Jack Danger stream.

#2948 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Personally, I'd prefer this mode to be really difficult, one that you are not likely to collect 1000 switch hits the first time around - where you have to go back into the mode again to start over where you left off. Since this will be a home-based pin for many of us, difficulty in completing tasks and rarely seeing some aspects of the game are crucial to its longevity.
I have an AMH (all my games are setup for PAPA-style/tournament practice: no EBs, wide open outlanes, etc.). I have yet to see the Demon Battle. But, I am pretty sure I've seen 99% of the other code. So, I've got one goal to shoot for.
I've got a WOZ. I've melted the witch. I've started Haunted Forest Multiball a few times. I've not seen Flipper Frenzy. I've never started the final munchin multiball. I've not seen SOTR. I've still got multiple goals to shoot for and have owned the game much longer. And maybe I never will with no EBs and open outlanes.
One game, code wise anyway, leaves me with much yet to see. I'm certainly not expecting WOZ-level code, but if RZ is coded much the same as AMH (which I do love the game) only the final Hellbound (or whatever the wizard mode is called) will be difficult to actually see. I'd much prefer several goals in RZ (and any game for that matter) be really difficult to see. So, please Spooky/Fawzma don't make 1000 switch hits easy. In fact, I'd love to see harder modes and have RZ be more like Monster Bash's wizard mode. That is, one wizard mode for having started all the modes (kinda easy to do) and one, very hard to get to (okay MB's Monsters of Rock isn't that hard, but you get my point) wizard mode but with different software and rules (unlike MB). This just adds way more to the game and Spooky wouldn't have to add inserts or other modes to the game to do so.
Oh, and is the apron clear-coated - looks like it to me?

Very good point re lots of high score tables.

I loved Metallica as each time you do really well on a mode, you put name in at end of game.

So -

Beast
Dragula
Living dead girl
What Demenoid

Wizard modes

etc etc.

Fairly easy to do but wow, what a difference to depth and fun.

#2949 8 years ago

Look, as long as you get me some gluten free pizza I'm good. Domino's doesn't count though, they're GF pies aren't safe for celiacs.

If you really want to be safe though just stick with weed or whiskey.

Charlie posted a pic of the first post up for the Spooky World Headquarters construction on Facebook, he's gotta be so stoked to know that his game is done and the place where it will be built is coming together. Exciting times in Wisconsin!

#2950 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

or have a slowly roving shot that's worth 20 switch hits, that would be aggravating in a good way
-c

I was thinking the same thing ... But say 50 hits. Same as the super jackpot shot on AFM.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.