Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 210.
#2801 3 years ago

Looking good!

Does each mode have different song?

Will there be jackpot and superjackpot call outs?

#2802 3 years ago

I can only assume Rob Zombie is buying one (or is he getting one built as part of the licensing agreement)?

#2803 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Well don't get the game if that bothers you

no need to be a rude jerk

#2805 3 years ago

We are all happy Charlie & Co. have pulled it off. I do feel like we are starring at this pin in a vacuum. Hard to look at it objectively because:

1. We all love Spooky
2. It's sold out, anyway
3. It's at least different

I think the pin is different, however that video doesn't blow me away when I think about other pinball machines out there. If you step outside the vacuum, I'm not sure how people are seeing this pin with such over the top enthusiasm. It's 100% because of Charlie. If Stern released this pin as is, what would the reaction be? I'm not hating on it, just saying it looks fun but not the end all be all as some are saying.

#2807 3 years ago

Not trying to be rude but really no need to pick the game apart it looks great

#2808 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We are all happy Charlie & Co. have pulled it off. I do feel like we are starring at this pin in a vacuum. Hard to look at it objectively because:
1. We all love Spooky
2. It's sold out, anyway
I think the pin is different, however that video doesn't blow me away when I think about other pinball machines out there. If you step outside the vacuum, I'm not sure how people are seeing this pin with such over the top enthusiasm. It's 100% because of Charlie. If Stern released this pin as is, what would the reaction be? I'm not hating on it, just saying it looks fun but not the end all be all as some are saying.

Does any pin look good watching it on youtube?

It's the feeling you get from playing it and the final code that now counts.

And don't have answers to either of those questions yet....

#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hardly picking the game apart.
The inserts are (Look to be) off center.
Its as plain as the nose on Rob zombies face.

#2810 3 years ago

Time for me to call the make a wish foundation , or just keep wishing enough people drop out to get my chance. First option is probably the best at this point. I think game looks great

#2811 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Does any pin look good watching it on youtube?
It's the feeling you get from playing it and the final code that now counts.
And don't have answers to either of those questions yet....

That's a good point. Just hard you know to ask people to pay then with just a YouTube video. I agree with you.

#2812 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

That's a good point. Just hard you know to ask people to pay then with just a YouTube video. I agree with you.

hard for who? all of this was explained by Charlie 6 months ago.

#2813 3 years ago

That has new code too! I should know!

Pinballcode.com

Regardless of your feelings, I don't think TFTC is a good game because it has two ramps. Otherwise, VND with its four ramps would be one of the best of all time!

#2814 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

https://img-f.pinside.com/201512/2847868/484146.jpeg
does it bother anyone else that the inserts are not centered to robs face?

His chin is right in the middle of the flippers. Looks like the head may have a slight left angle. Gives a sense of movement, especially with the flowing hair. If everything was perfectly straight and lined up, I expect Rob would instead look quite static (Elvira in eatpm for example...looks frozen...Rob looks like he could come up to get you). The slight off centering is a benefit IMO.

Otherwise, I love the sling action from 3:54-3:59 or so with the ball going all over the place from the chicken bucket to the robot. Somewhat confused about the scaling on the screen. Everything looks perfect except for the the ball #, and in this case, "free play." It's cut off a bit unless that's because of the camera angle and you'd see it better at normal play height.

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

People are being asked to commit to buy a game without playing it so the onus is on the buyer to pick it apart so they can make their decision. The playfield art is so minimal that I think it makes things like the inserts being off center to the face much more
obvious, may not be a big deal to you but could be to others.

#2816 3 years ago

Uh oh. There are people who aren't foaming at the mouth for this game.

Let the downvoting commence!

#2817 3 years ago

Cool feature you can just ignore dirtbag. I have seen nothing constructive from this person.

#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Cool feature you can just ignore dirtbag. I have seen nothing constructive from this person.

So if I come in here and lick Spooky's boot, that would be considered constructive?

I just don't think this game looks like it's worth $6k.

#2819 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So if I come in here and lick Spooky's boot, that would be considered constructive?

No need to lick boots and I think people appreciate the fact that there are going to be varying opinions on any game made.
The need to repetitively take jabs at something, once an opinion is known, is just tiresome though. I value a person's opinion but I expect the same respect in return, and with that said, there are a lot of gears grinding on what people should do in regards to buying this title so I think there's a need to respect that as well.

#2820 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I don't mind someone expressing a negative opinion, but now you are just acting childish. You don't like the game - we get it. I happen to like RZ music, Alex Horley art, unique layouts and supporting boutique pinball. If that makes me a boot licker, then so be it.

#2821 3 years ago

They released the little teaser trailer, I thought it looked "meh".

They released the gameplay video, I still thought it looked "meh".

After I finally play it, I will give another opinion. Sorry if my opinion doesn't line up with yours.

I think the game LOOKS amazing, from an artistic standpoint. I'm sure the music rocks as well. I just don't think a piece of art and a soundtrack warrants a $6k price tag.

#2822 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So even Rob Zombie himself thinks the game is too bare?!?
Wow.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

I've seen people saying there isn't enough to do. The robot, Captain Spaulding, mini playfield with one flipper, bucket of chicken, and one ramp.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Seriously, why am I being down-voted?!?
I didn't say the game needed more. Rob Zombie did!!!

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Still not feeling it.
But I'm not allowed to have an opinion, so....

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Quoted from dirtbag66:

They released the little teaser trailer, I thought it looked "meh".
They released the gameplay video, I still thought it looked "meh".
After I finally play it, I will give another opinion. Sorry if my opinion doesn't line up with yours.
I think the game LOOKS amazing, from an artistic standpoint. I'm sure the music rocks as well. I just don't think a piece of art and a soundtrack warrants a $6k price tag.

Your opinion is clear.

#2823 3 years ago

The empty can rattles the most...

#2824 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I don't think any pinball machine is worth 6K but that doesn't change what they cost. Do you think stern premiums are worth $6500? Do you think Stern LE's are worth $7800? You obviously already think JJP3 that doesn't exist yet is worth the 9K they are going to ask for it. In the end you don't seem to understand value. My Spooky pin that I paid 6K for is worth more then what I paid for it based on the current market. My WOZ is not worth what I paid for it but I still really like the game. If I didn't like them I wouldn't own them. RZ could be a great game or it might just be OK, no one really knows for sure yet and it's going to take time for that to be figured out. I don't know if I truly like a game a lot until I've owned it for several months.

No one has a problem with anyone voicing an opinion. You just make backhanded comments that are obvious attempts at trolling. You have not said anything constructive about the game or why you think it's not a good value. I can only assume that you must be a child based on how you post.

#2825 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

No, you just don't STFU - you keep posting the same thing - "you don't like it." Everyone here gets that. You made your opinion known but keep acting like some attention seeking child. Go write it in the sky, soap it onto your car, get a tattoo, whatever, but move on here - we know how you feel.

#2826 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

1. We all love Spooky
2. It's sold out, anyway

If Stern released a game with this design I'd love it. Stern's been releasing good games recently, however I get tired of the long game times that all their releases seem to bring, so I've been drifting towards classics despite my love of deep rulesets.

This pin is the best of both worlds. Wild, fast playing, totally kicking your ass, however still having a nice and deep ruleset for when you can keep it all under control.

#2827 3 years ago

I don't see the need for long ball times, or games always returning every shot to the flippers safely.

RZ seems like a throwback to more player dangerous system11 style games, and I like that.

-c

#2828 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm not sure that you have made your point yet. Could you explain it one more time?

#2829 3 years ago

I like also that the lighting is good, but does not appear to be the blinding, in your face, seizure inducing of the latest Sterns.

Also like and find irony that for those who say the game 'looks cheap' that it doesn't have any of the really cheap Spotlights that Stern uses.....

To qualify, I enjoy the latest Stern games but this seems as good as for sure and with the color dmd/flipper fidelity, some obvious improvements.

#2830 3 years ago

As for not worth 6k.

Well, all new pinballs are crazy prices now, but comparing to other manufacturers 6k is fair enough.

#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Then you should be thankful you're not on the list.

(Coding suggestion ... When you hit corpse 66 scream "dirtbag!")

#2832 3 years ago

House of 1000 Corpses looks like a ton of fun. Is there a setting to pick up where you left off, or is it starting over every time? Or can you not replay it once you do it once, so it's all or nothing?

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then you should be thankful you're not on the list.
(Coding suggestion ... When you hit corpse 66 scream "dirtbag!")

Sorry, that line wasn't in the script.. we might need Ben to do the voiceover for that

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

House of 1000 Corpses looks like a ton of fun. Is there a setting to pick up where you left off, or is it starting over every time? Or can you not replay it once you do it once, so it's all or nothing?

It will carry over, I originally had it set to start from scratch. If I have to, it will be a user setting.

#2835 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I can't speak with any certainty, but the fact you can steal corpses from another player lends me to think you can re-enter the mode (if so skilled) and continue where you left off (similar to killing Dracula in BSD perhaps).

EDIT:...and some seconds too late on my post :p

#2836 3 years ago

I think the game looks great. One question I do have is will the game have attract mode radio so you can choose and play the songs when your not playing the game. It seems that since one of the songs is titled Dead City Radio it would be perfect to tune into Dead City Radio and play any of the 10 songs anytime you want to. Like the way AC/DC and Metallica do now and hopefully at some point Kiss will.

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

When the time comes, I will take $8000 for my unopened NIB.

You wouldn't want to try it out first?

#2838 3 years ago

im in, money sent. the game can only get better from here. better modes, sounds, voices, game play.
plus ive always likes white zombie/RZ, all his movies, comic books and El Superbeasto cartoon movie.

#2839 3 years ago

Dirtbag66 is a troll but there's a kernel of truth in there. There's a whole lot of "kumbaya" back-patting going on in this thread for a game only a handful of people have seen or played. People on Pinside tend to go all-out with their emotions and sometimes it can get a bit saccharine and off-putting. Everything in moderation, folks.

Spooky has my deposit, but let's hold off on the slobber and calling it the greatest game ever made until a few get delivered and we can get a more varied review from multiple sources. It would be nice to have a discussion about a game without it turning into a downvote festival.

#2840 3 years ago

It's impossible to talk about this pin objectively. Pinball is art.

So I heard Aurich might not go in due to the $1,000 deposit due during the holidays. Would be a shame since he wanted an RZ pin from Spooky. I offered to lend him the $1,000 until the pin ships. We will see if he accepts.

#2841 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

it will be a user setting.

user adjustable settings are ALWAYS a good thing!

Mini-modes are also a good thing (talk to frank about WOOLY coding if you want ideas).

#2842 3 years ago

dude, ........aww man never mind its just not worth it

#2843 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Dirtbag66 is a troll but there's a kernel of truth in there. There's a whole lot of "kumbaya" back-patting going on in this thread for a game only a handful of people have seen or played. People on Pinside tend to go all-out with their emotions and sometimes it can get a bit saccharine and off-putting. Everything in moderation, folks.
Spooky has my deposit, but let's hold off on the slobber and calling it the greatest game ever made until a few get delivered and we can get a more varied review from multiple sources. It would be nice to have a discussion about a game without it turning into a downvote festival.

I don't think anyone is particularly gushing about the game as a whole here. Most seem to see the limitations the game has, but are praising the differences and innovations that could make it a great game to compliment a collection. It's easier to be blatant about the positive aspects than the negative ones when communicating through text that could be misinterpreted.

With MET in my collection, there are many games that don't seem to be worth buying that are otherwise good games...I see a fan layout, 2 ramps in a similar position, center bash toy..then other stuff that isn't as neat as inline drops, etc. and it ends up looking like a bad compliment to the collection. With RZ I'm seeing things that none of my (albeit limited) collection has.

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's impossible to talk about this pin objectively. Pinball is art.
So I heard Aurich might not go in due to the $1,000 deposit due during the holidays. Would be a shame since he wanted an RZ pin from Spooky. I offered to lend him the $1,000 until the pin ships. We will see if he accepts.

You're crazy in a good way

#2845 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I don't think anyone is particularly gushing about the game as a whole here.

Go back to page 37. Looks like gushing to me. And that was BEFORE the gameplay video!

#2846 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

It will carry over, I originally had it set to start from scratch. If I have to, it will be a user setting.

User setting please. Carry overs drive me nuts.

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Go back to page 37. Looks like gushing to me. And that was BEFORE the gameplay video!

And if you read beyond the first line I wrote, you'd see how I interpret their enthusiasm. I don't like everything about any game in my collection, but they're all great games for various reasons.

#2848 3 years ago

If I look at the pictures on pinballnews ( http://www.pinballnews.com/games/robzombie/index.html ) I am not really sure if this is the final product. Or is it? Isn't this a playfield prototype?

The cabinet, the backbox, the translite and all the toys look fantastic. The playfield and the plastics looks like some did some airbursh excercises. It doesn't match the art package of the cabinet at all. While the cabinet looks super professional and really awsome, the playfield ...sorry to say that: in my eyes it looks like a paint job done by someone who has nothing to do with arts. I think if the playfield art would be reworked this game has the potential to be one of the best looking games ever. I really hope this is not the final playfield art.

#2849 3 years ago

Look I believe Aurich's feedback on art was spot on. I know how bad he wanted to LOVE the over all art package. He's made such a hoopla about his decision. Just make it. Let someone on the list in if you don't want it. But if holiday $$$ is the issue, just saying, I'll cover that cost for him.

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from cyber:

If I look at the pictures on pinballnews ( http://www.pinballnews.com/games/robzombie/index.html ) I am not really sure if this is the final product. Or is it? Isn't this a playfield prototype?
The cabinet, the backbox, the translite and all the toys look fantastic. The playfield and the plastics looks like some did some airbursh excercises. It doesn't match the art package of the cabinet at all. While the cabinet looks super professional and really awsome, the playfield ...sorry to say that: in my eyes it looks like a paint job done by someone who has nothing to do with arts. I think if the playfield art would be reworked this game has the potential to be one of the best looking games ever. I really hope this is not the final playfield art.

It's done, finished.

Is it perfect? No.

Good enough?

That's for each of us to decide....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waukesha, WI
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside