2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 223.
#2751 8 years ago

There is a chance this game will have more action per second than any game released since the 80's...
-mof

#2752 8 years ago

That's what I like to see. With a modest collection of a dozen or so machines, I want each one to be different or it's just taking up space. This machine is unlike my others, so paypal is now activated (don't have a cheque to send, sorry). Looking forward to seeing how Jack plays it during the stream - I appreciate this sample was not particularly focused on "skill and scoring" strategies. Nice work spooksters - job well done. (PS - didn't even notice the playfield art and not just because of the angle - too much going on to stop and think)!

#2753 8 years ago

How many of the modes include or reward multiball?

#2754 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

One concern that comes to mind, though, is that House of 1000 Corpses won't be particularlly good for tournaments

We can turn off steals / extra balls / random awards for tourney. Ben did the same thing in AMH.

#2755 8 years ago

Reminds me a lot of Stargate. Multiball and add-a-ball galore. Looks like you got some good flow in there and some wackiness too. Love the pop at the ramp entrance and it doesn't look like it punishes you too bad for missing the ramp. I absolutely love the robot. Cool tracking effect and the way he shakes had me laughing. I really dig the robot.

The upper playfield did look very slow to me, not sure what I think about that yet. That's about the only thing I'm kinda meh on. I think the real players are going to be turned off because it's not a super fast fan layout that you're in control of more often that not. But I applaud you for the different design. I have no doubt that 300 people are going to want this.

What little sound I could hear over you talking sounded good and the light show was great. I can see why the inserts were kept to a low count, the ambient lighting is good and changes frequently. I think 25+ inserts would detract from that. And you know, the playfield doesn't look all that sparse with the light show and action going on. I think y'all did a great job on this one. Wish I would have gotten in line. I'd be sending my deposit.

#2756 8 years ago

Oh and Charlie, for your web site, please add a radio button choice for "next spooky pin"

MST3K -- they just got 6mil in funding for 14 new episodes. Surely they can afford to get a pin designed by y'alls.

-mof

#2757 8 years ago

1000 corpse mode plays different in multiplayer vs single. Like Chuck said there's corpse stealing in multiplayer. In single player, there are targets at the top right you hit to increase your multiplier on the switch hits.

#2758 8 years ago

looks pretty fucking cool to me. for a one ramp game looks pretty fun to shoot. animations obviously awesome. lotsa multiball. I like that 1000 corpses mode, great idea.

wish it had spinner, drops, second ramp, also I hope the ball doesn't end up in the upper playfield too much, that looks like it will get boring fast

definitely better than average machine and very unique layout which is cool for a change

#2759 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

6 main modes, 4 sub modes, killer cards to collect, video mode, Hell Bound wizard mode that I'm not going to talk about until someone FULLY beats it, and several other surprises in the mode / subs category.
All modes are in but a couple aren't fully coded yet. It will be a damn hard game to beat. Closest I've come is 3 of 6 mains, and 2 subs.

I'll have a headphone design built before my game ships... Got to have that with the music!!!
Great job Charlie!

#2762 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How many of the modes include or reward multiball?

Let's see... Living Dead Girl & What? are 2 ball multi. Superbeast is 5. American Witch I haven't beat in forever.. Lol! House of 1,000 Corpses is 7. Hellbound is... Hellbound. Etc Etc...

Not everything is instant multi, but most are hard to beat and we do reward you... plus it's damn fun in this configuration throwing them out there!

#2763 8 years ago

Just heard back from KT. I am on the list. Decision time now! Thanks for the PM Charlie!

#2764 8 years ago

Bad ass Charlie, thanks for posting that, it was great!

Gonna watch more and digest now.

#2765 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

This vid gets the mof seal of approval (so far) for playfield design. It shoots well. PF design is all that really matters.
I look forward to the CAD drawing of it when it become available.
I like:
* asymmetry at the flippers
* live pop bumper middle of field +1
* use of middle upper space as a ramp or other big shot +1
* one outer orbit
* inner orbit
* the upper PF being in the corner doesn't detract valuable real estate from the rest of the game
* half-PF shooter like Whirlwind
* no pop-pen holding up the ball +1
* lots of action, very little stop-n-go +1
I wish there was more of:
* drop target banks
* colors other than red and purple (esp the standups)
* a spinner -- I'm not sure there's a better feeling in pinball than a great 80-rotation rip
* a little more opened up headroom above the left flipper for more flow (more cyclone and less Whirlwind)
-mof

Mof's analysis is spot on. He takes shot maps to the extreme in evaluation mode. I agree with a spinner. Not sure it can happen so late. But with all that action going on if you could land a nice spinner rip, it would feel so good.

Have to say I'm ready for the next game play video Charlie haha.

#2766 8 years ago

We can turn off steals / extra balls / random awards for tourney. Ben did the same thing in AMH.

Yeah it wasn't the stealing that was the main issue, I knew that would be able to be turned off. The concern I have is that it's just based on switches, and without a direct shot to get a good chunk of switches, players are going to be stuck either trying to get good pop action (weh, don't like relying on that for score), or just grinding out endlessly.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

In single player, there are targets at the top right you hit to increase your multiplier on the switch hits.

If that option is present in tournament mode then it'll help ease my concern, although really either changing how scoring is done in tournament mode or adding a spinner would seem to be the best fix.

Anyways, this isn't anything game breaking, just something that would be nice to have. The game looks to play kick ass regardless, so keep up the good work!

#2767 8 years ago

looks like this is a one more game type of game

agree that a spinner would be sweet but this looks great

#2768 8 years ago

Looks fun and chaotic! Animations on the dmd are sick. Nice job in creating something completely different from the norm!

Are there any main multiballs in the game besides the modes? Are you able to stack modes together or with multiball or are you limited to running one thing at a time? What does card collecting do in terms of gameplay?

#2769 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

for the favorite thing, I have something that helps combat that.
As for feedback, I'll take and work with it as long as it comes in. I don't want this game ending up in a "Kiss" type thread.

Can i buy you a beer?
You deflect dog shit comments very gracefully.

Everything you've said about the RZ rules has been on point.
It sounds like you, charlie, and ben agree about the rules working well.
No matter what pinside says.

I may be paraphrasing but you said you were told what to "shoot" for.
You took it ran and asked for feedback, they agreed or critiqued it.
WIN WIN
others will pick at you being new to pinball but I find that ungodly refreshing!
I can't wait to play it

#2770 8 years ago

The randomness of the center, ramp, right post (ala pop bumper), makes this game very dangerous if you don't get a clean shot up the center ramp. Great feature!

#2771 8 years ago

I just made the upper playfield look easy. And I was showing the easiest thing to do up there as well.

One thing I learned is yeah... upper playfields are cool, but it's hard to make them real entertaining. I think with the code & configuration / sweeping gate shot... it's better than most.

Glad you guys are digging it anyway! Yep... she's a different animal. Said it before, I'm not Steve Ritchie, and there's no way I can match what he does in a game for flow, so ya' go your own way and hope people like it.

#2772 8 years ago

Totally not into the theme but looks like a really cool pin to me. It has a lot of atmosphere/weirdness and seems to fit the Rob Zombie vibe.

#2773 8 years ago

Still not feeling it.

But I'm not allowed to have an opinion, so....

#2774 8 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

Can i buy you a beer?
You deflect dog shit comments very gracefully.
Everything you've said about the RZ rules has been on point.
It sounds like you, charlie, and ben agree about the rules working well.
No matter what pinside says.
I may be paraphrasing but you said you were told what to "shoot" for.
You took it ran and asked for feedback, they agreed or critiqued it.
WIN WIN
others will pick at you being new to pinball but I find that ungodly refreshing!
I can't wait to play it

LOL too funny. At my day job I had to learn that skill. I really am open to suggestions. I can add whaever to code.. I just can't solve the spinner issue

#2775 8 years ago

I hope to play one of these someday. I'll bring quarters!

#2776 8 years ago

Here you be fine pinball people... more fuel for discussion. I kept the vast majority of "adult" stuff out of this one, but there is one video clip you may or may not have heard about I'm sure will stir things up. It's bound to be considered the best or worst in the history of pinball!
Really... it's gross, and if you are offended (or cringe a lot), I don't blame you.
Doesn't show a ton of the gameplay, but a few of the cool features / modes. We'll leave the professional set up & video to Jack Danger on Dead Flip, Jan. 15th live from the new Spooky Pinball LLC world HQ!
» YouTube video

Love it looks awesome Can't wait to see more keep up the good work

#2777 8 years ago

Got home very late last night, long day today... up early tomorrow. I think we've done what we can to show you how the game is, and I hope you like it. Totally understand it's not for everyone, nor was it meant to be.

We'll open up a few spots as people pass (less than 10 of 300 so far have verbally said they are) and more on Friday afternoon. We've already had a pile of them spoken for... time will tell when it's officially "sold out". We could have just opened it all in one day and had them gone fast... glad we didn't. We know it's a big investment, and do our best to "get it out there".

Been a wild ride the last few years... I know it gets tense in here, but I get it... ya'll love this stuff like we do. And I swear... spinners will be coming to Spooky Pinball!

Thanks everyone! I'll dip in every once in a while but got a crazy week ahead. Be nice to each other... it's only pinball.

#2778 8 years ago

I posted the video in a new thread, hope you don't mind Charlie, but you really deserve to get some props and attention from the whole community on this one, and I can't imagine many people are obsessively following this thread they way we are.

All quibbles aside, you guys just did a killer job. Look, it's a brand new pin! There is nothing that is not awesome about that.

#2779 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

LOL too funny. At my day job I had to learn that skill. I really am open to suggestions. I can add whaever to code.. I just can't solve the spinner issue

Would you maybe be up for starting a new thread about the rules? There's so much noise in here from 56 pages of posting, it would be really cool to get to hear your thoughts in a more focused discussion. You said you wanted to wait until after the video was up, and here it is ...

Seriously, everyone is really curious, in or not, but those of us who are trying to decide if we can spend the money would really love to hear any details we can before Friday!

#2780 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't imagine many people are obsessively following this thread they way we are.

NOBODY is following it the way YOU are.

Fist bump dude... I know you get how hard this s**t is to do.

#2781 8 years ago

Looks great. My deposit was already sent in, but the video just makes me more excited to get the pin here.

This game is just begging for inside cabinet art. I am sure someone will make some available, but a licensed add on would be my first choice...

#2782 8 years ago

Ok there's just one more question we all want answered...is aurich in or out?

Also spinners spinners spinners...please fucking please

#2783 8 years ago

Thank you for posting the game play video... the DMD animations are great, and it looks like a lot of fun to play!

#2784 8 years ago

NOBODY is following it the way YOU are.
Fist bump dude... I know you get how hard this s**t is to do.

So much respect for pulling this off. I know I can sound critical at times, it honestly comes from a place of just wanting things to be the best they can be, but that's something only the creator can really decide.

Spooky is amazing.

#2785 8 years ago

Looks pretty good to me.. Video modes great addition. Glad I am getting one.

#2786 8 years ago

Well. I guess I can add best DMD ever to the cabinet and backglass accolades.

#2787 8 years ago

The lighting has definitely come a long way since AMH. It looks like the GI is now controlled and it looks great. The way the backboard throws the light out over the playfield is a plus too. The dmd I think has also made the 'wow factor' list. Shot wise, this game seems to have a lot of what I like in a pin and is a unique blend of new and old ideas. The video just made me more thrilled to be on board.

#2788 8 years ago

It's really cool seeing a small group of people create their own pinball company, and doing it the right way (building it, THEN offering it for sale). I like seeing the evolution of the company, fascinating to watch.

I think the animation and the ruleset really has a lot of attention to detail, I've never played America's most Haunted but it appeared to me that game had a lot of attention to detail in the dots and the ruleset... this game seems to be further down the path from that... like I said it's really cool seeing the company grow and learn and figure out better ways to do things.

The animation capture's Rob Zombie's world very well in my opinion...

#2789 8 years ago

Spinners feel like they should have been elementary with a 1000 switch hit mode.

#2790 8 years ago

Much respect for releasing a gameplay video! Fans wanted to see it & Spooky pulled it off quickly. This is the type of thing that wins fans & customers. Well played Spooky, very well played.

#2791 8 years ago

Looks like I will be saying goodbye to my KISS LE & saying hello to a new Rob Zombie pinball

#2792 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The gameplay video should sort that out.
Nearly half my collection doesn't have any ramps at all. There's more to pinball than just ramp shots.
I think it's fair to judge the art, we've seen it. We haven't seen the gameplay yet. Too early to start saying there isn't enough to do. Maybe there isn't. Or maybe you'll be surprised.

I love ramps! And I love the artwork on TFTC packed with stuff in it. Still will best best horror pin graphics, but the color DMD and explicit calls outs will rock in Rob Zombie.

#2793 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Look at your Jurassic Park. One ramp, one interactive toy like the robot appears to be and...
It's pretty darn cool. Especially with that new code. I should know.

TFTC blows JP away.

#2794 8 years ago

Sorry but the center shot just to hit the two red targets should have maybe been another ramp or drop down like AFM or ST into something to get destroyed. All in all I hope this is a hit and get a chance to play one day in my league.

#2795 8 years ago

This is how we reacted in Australia to the game play video:

tumblr_ly415u2FyO1qzpwi0o1_500_thumb[3].jpgtumblr_ly415u2FyO1qzpwi0o1_500_thumb[3].jpg

#2796 8 years ago

https://img-f.pinside.com/201512/2847868/484146.jpeg
does it bother anyone else that the inserts are not centered to robs face?

#2797 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'll have a headphone design built before my game ships... Got to have that with the music!!!
Great job Charlie!

Awesome- my wife doesn't play, at all- so her favorite mods are pinnovators headphone audio controls. ^_^

#2798 8 years ago

Gameplay looked chaotic but fun. Its gonna be so awesome once all the video and callouts are complete.

#2799 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

https://img-f.pinside.com/201512/2847868/484146.jpeg
does it bother anyone else that the inserts are not centered to robs face?

Well don't get the game if that bothers you

#2800 8 years ago

Let's see... Living Dead Girl & What? are 2 ball multi. Superbeast is 5. American Witch I haven't beat in forever.. Lol! House of 1,000 Corpses is 7. Hellbound is... Hellbound. Etc Etc...
Not everything is instant multi, but most are hard to beat and we do reward you... plus it's damn fun in this configuration throwing them out there!

Thank you Charlie, I appreciate the online answer!

I have few other questions if you don't mind...

1.) How would you compare the difficulty of RZ to AMH?

2.) is it possible to see a very short clip of RZ shot with the lights off?

3.) does RZ have real flashers?

Thanks!

Side note,
Spooky and ColorDMD have the best customer service in pinball I've experienced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.