Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 211.
#2701 4 years ago

I've sent in my deposit. Worst case, I sell the game for $20K by next Christmas.

That's a joke by the way...

#2702 4 years ago

Not really, could be $20K CAN any day now.

Quoted from jwilson:

I sell the game for $20K by next Christmas.

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not really, could be $20K CAN any day now.

I don't know how, since Spooky isn't allowing people to move their reservations.

I could see people selling them *after* they receive the game.

#2704 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I've sent in my deposit. Worst case, I sell the game for $20K by next Christmas.
That's a joke by the way...

If RZ becomes a $20K game, I'm selling mine to the first deep pocket sugar daddy!

Marcus

#2705 4 years ago

Sent my deposit out late Friday, and got the email from KT they got it today. Go USPS!

#2706 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If RZ becomes a $20K game, I'm selling mine to the first deep pocket sugar daddy!
Marcus

I doubt it ever becomes a $20K game because in the case of BBB the buy in was much higher if I'm not mistaken and therefore the selling price would be higher. However, if the video is awesome I can definitely see the game going into the $12-$15K range.

What would both RZ and AMH as a pair be worth NIB in 3 years if someone decided not to open them?

#2707 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

What would both RZ and AMH as a pair be worth NIB in 3 years if someone decided not to open them?

Wait for kaneda's Thread!

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wait for kaneda's Thread!

I thought he only wrote about the Hellcat?

#2709 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I doubt it ever becomes a $20K game because in the case of BBB the buy in was much higher if I'm not mistaken and therefore the selling price would be higher. However, if the video is awesome I can definitely see the game going into the $12-$15K range.

BBB was $4500 from Gene.

#2710 4 years ago

It was a joke... about the ever increasing cost for our northern friends who want to buy from the US.

Quoted from jwilson:

I don't know how, since Spooky isn't allowing people to move their reservations.

#2711 4 years ago

Rob zombie owner and super stoked for the video the game looks epic spooky make my dream come true a rob zombie pin; even though a white zombie pin would have been more kick ass

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So this is pretty insane. I put my check in my mailbox on Friday when Kayte sent out the announcement email and it already arrived today. Glad I saved them $30 and nice job by the Postal Service!

Not insane at all in my experience, the USPS has always been quite speedy for me. I did the same and expected them to get it today (as they did).

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I've seen people saying there isn't enough to do. The robot, Captain Spaulding, mini playfield with one flipper, bucket of chicken, and one ramp.

Look at your Jurassic Park. One ramp, one interactive toy like the robot appears to be and...

It's pretty darn cool. Especially with that new code. I should know.

#2714 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Reading some of this... is making me dizzy, so I'm just going to stop. ART: Rob said what he wanted, where he wanted it, and Alex did a beautiful job. This was Alex's first ever pinball machine, and I think that makes what he did even more impressive! It's all done & approved, end of story.

Well said charlie keep up the good work can't wait to see the game play.

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Look at your Jurassic Park. One ramp, one interactive toy like the robot appears to be and...
It's pretty darn cool. Especially with that new code. I should know.

Jp is also 2k and the Dino eats the ball ..... just saying lol

#2716 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I expect the NIB price on JP would be closer to "apples to apples."

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

O my ... maybe I sld off 8k for someones now then....may be the only way to ever own one if not a original purchaser. ..

#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

JP was full price when it came out.

Also happens they made thousands of them.

Just saying lol

#2719 4 years ago

You all are getting a tad bit crazy in this thread lol

#2720 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

indeed

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Not insane at all in my experience, the USPS has always been quite speedy for me. I did the same and expected them to get it today (as they did).

From Tampa Florida when my mail was picked up at 6 pm on a Friday night and the check needed to go to Wisconsin?? I'd say that's not the norm. Also, Kayte was shocked as well so apparently you are in the minority.

#2722 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So this is pretty insane. I put my check in my mailbox on Friday when Kayte sent out the announcement email and it already arrived today. Glad I saved them $30 and nice job by the Postal Service!

Same here.

#2723 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Rob should be proud of us!

#2724 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think some people are seeing big dollar signs here, which I think makes the purchase a bit more risky. Remember how Xmen was guaranteed to be, what was it... A certain price by Christmas? Those were very limited, a more conventional theme, more conventional layout, and from a very established company.

Then, the game came out and wasn't up to expectations early on. Never made the $10k promise. Eventually, the code was fixed and I for one think the final package is stunning (especially the Magneto version!), but by then it was too late.

Anyone who purchases this is taking a risk. If it turns out people don't love the layout, and that people are buying these like crazy to flip them, then resale value will not be crazy awesome.

I honestly think that the layout will turn some people off, and I don't know if this game will have long legs in small collections, where unique games generally don't last by themselves.

Having said all of that, anyone who says you need anything in particular on the playfield to make it fun is silly. I have a game called 4 Square, an EM, that has almost nothing to shoot for. It's an absolute hoot. There are many examples of machines even recently with just one ramp that are a blast (Family Guy comes instantly to mind.)

It's just silly for people to either be super excited about some giant windfall that they expect from the game, but it's also silly to slam the game by saying that there is very little on the playfield.

The bottom line is will only be fun to play, and we don't yet know. I think it will be.

#2725 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Rob should be proud of us!

RobT? Where has he been anyway?

Quoted from goatdan:

Remember how Xmen was guaranteed to be, what was it... A certain price by Christmas?

As much as I dislike X-Men, if there were only 300 produced it would easily be a $10-12K game.

#2726 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It would be worth a lot of disappointment because you'd be missing out on getting to spend 3 years playing two amazing games!

#2727 4 years ago

I think that was a joke. Nobody actually expected it to be "10k by Christmas."

Quoted from goatdan:

Then, the game came out and wasn't up to expectations early on. Never made the $10k promise.

#2728 4 years ago

When the time comes, I will take $8000 for my unopened NIB.

#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

As much as I dislike X-Men, if there were only 300 produced it would easily be a $10-12K game.

Not a chance...very few titles command 5 figures regardless of production numbers.

#2730 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Anyone who purchases this is taking a risk.

Clearly Dan is buttering me up to get us back to MGC and sponsor stuff (like we'd ever miss it anyway!)

Video is almost done... not great, but I think it gets the point across. Try playing a game of pinball 3 feet back with a camera between you and the game some time. It suuuuuccckkkkssss!!!!!

Post a link asap. Argue happily among yourselves in the meantime.

#2731 4 years ago

No arguing here just playing Swords of Fury while I wait.

Edit: scratch that let's try AFM instead. SoF is being a fickle batch right now.

#2732 4 years ago

My take on the play field art is similar to how I first felt about AMH. At first, it didn't wow me at all. I regret not playing AMH sooner than I did due to that fact. It feels like a strong, well built machine and played wicked fast and fun.

The Rob Zombie art package is awesome, yet the play field didn't wow me at first. But like AMH, RZ and the play field art has grown on me a lot in the past few hours, the more it sinks in. I think everyone is so used to the same old thing all the time that they don't see the vision and eye Charlie has, and his passion for breaking out of the traditional molds. And that's why I think his games grow on me over time, while not wowing me at first. Because once I break out of my comfort zone and what I'm used to, I think I get his vision better, which results in a whole new appreciation for his work.

Well done. I can hardly wait to play this beast of a machine!

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

No way. The initial reaction of the game was hugely positive, but when the game actually got to people's hands, they were less enthused by it. It took a while for the code to get right, and then once they did the initial group that had been so excited by it had already moved on with a bad taste in their mouths.

Again, the gameplay factor trumps the rarity factor in pinball almost always. BBB is so valuable because it looks cool, but even moreso because it plays really well. Games that are equally as rare that people don't love (Pistol Poker, to name one that I own) are not worth nearly as much. PP is an under $2k game (or so I think, and I own one) and there is less than 200, and it's a unique layout.

RZ has a theme that will set a bit of a floor for it, but if most people think it sucks, it's not suddenly going to still be worth some crazy amount.

Quoted from jalpert:

I think that was a joke. Nobody actually expected it to be "10k by Christmas."

Reread the thread. I remember reading it at the time and in no way was any of it presented as a joke back then.

"Those that missed out on TRON LE don't want to miss this opportunity."

#2734 4 years ago

Clearly Dan is buttering me up to get us back to MGC and sponsor stuff (like we'd ever miss it anyway!)
Video is almost done... not great, but I think it gets the point across. Try playing a game of pinball 3 feet back with a camera between you and the game some time. It suuuuuccckkkkssss!!!!!
Post a link asap. Argue happily among yourselves in the meantime.

Thank you Charlie, just got my deposit money ready
I have my beer ready and am hitting refresh over and over

but for some reason I have the urge to order pizza... strange

#2735 4 years ago

Hey now!

Just trying to be realistic! If like 50% of your market is buying the game specifically to flip it for some huge price down the line, then that's a dangerous situation. I'd rather people be realistic about it instead of being all hurt if it doesn't work out that way and decide not to get whatever in the future from you.

I played PZFBTG, I liked it for what it was back then (other than the mini playfield ) and I am fully planning on sending you money soon. And you know me, I like tons of weird stuff, so I'd expect this one will be right up my wheelhouse.

And I LOVE the playfield art! Truly

#2736 4 years ago

Just listening to the Coast to Cost Pinball Pod cast with Charlie today and there is a lot more going on than meets the eye as far as shots. There are 3 possible paths that shooting the left most orbit will deliver the ball. There are also 4 or 5 orbits that open up for crazy amount of flow. Its listed on the flyer but there are 4 sling shots (2 lower and 2 upper). Add those to the asymmetrically located pop bumper creates really fast and random movement to the game.

After I heard this I really I mean really pumped about the game.

Here is the pod cast again...
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode...e-zombie_65812

#2737 4 years ago

Here you be fine pinball people... more fuel for discussion. I kept the vast majority of "adult" stuff out of this one, but there is one video clip you may or may not have heard about I'm sure will stir things up. It's bound to be considered the best or worst in the history of pinball!

Really... it's gross, and if you are offended (or cringe a lot), I don't blame you.

Doesn't show a ton of the gameplay, but a few of the cool features / modes. We'll leave the professional set up & video to Jack Danger on Dead Flip, Jan. 15th live from the new Spooky Pinball LLC world HQ!

#2738 4 years ago

Let me be the first to say, that animation is INSANE. I have NO idea how you guys pulled that off. It looks incredible.

I didn't watch the playfield as much, I kept getting distracted. Right now, from that video, this is the best display in pinball. Period.

(I posted this while watching in the other screen which is why I posted so quickly. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ANIMATION.)

#2739 4 years ago

I was already in but I like what I see game play wise. Not worries about that end now. Thanks Charlie!

#2740 4 years ago

Thinking of a polite way to say I would sell the game a month or so after unboxing it...

#2741 4 years ago

nice work Charlie, looks like fun, bit of chaos, nice dots and lighting with some cool modes - like the idea of collecting all the switch hits for house of 1000 corpses etc.

#2742 4 years ago

Well it has nice animations .......love the color screen

#2743 4 years ago

Wow, the game looks Awesome Team Spooky, expect my confirmation email and check soon. Color dots looks great too.

#2744 4 years ago

amazing dots

looks really fun, im curious what the other modes are like

#2745 4 years ago

Game play looks kinda dope. Lots going on. pretty darned unique.

#2746 4 years ago

That 7 ball multiball is insane! I like the idea of collecting the serial killer cards. Will there be more than just Ed Gein, Albert Fish and Dr. satan? Side note: dig the pins that spell out 'FISH'. Nice touch. Looks like there are some nice flow shots, and some other shots that are essential for modes but are high risk/reward.

#2747 4 years ago

Yeah, the animation is absolutely sick.

Very cool, different and unique, right down my alley.

#2748 4 years ago

This vid gets the mof seal of approval (so far) for playfield design. It shoots well. PF design is all that really matters.

I look forward to the CAD drawing of it when it become available.

I like:

* asymmetry at the flippers
* live pop bumper middle of field +1
* use of middle upper space as a ramp or other big shot +1
* one outer orbit
* inner orbit
* the upper PF being in the corner doesn't detract valuable real estate from the rest of the game
* half-PF shooter like whirlwind
* no pop-pen holding up the ball +1
* lots of action, very little stop-n-go +1

I wish there was more of:

* drop target banks
* colors other than red and purple (esp the standups)
* a spinner -- I'm not sure there's a better feeling in pinball than a great 80-rotation rip
* a little more opened up headroom above the left sling for more flow (more cyclone and less whirlwind)

-mof

#2749 4 years ago

Two words to sum up what I think about that gameplay: Fuck. Yes!

The wild out of control action is so what I've been wanting to see on a modern pin!

One concern that comes to mind, though, is that House of 1000 Corpses won't be particularlly good for tournaments, as I'm not really big into tournament play with switch hit multiballs (especially with no spinner/controlled way to get a good number of switch hits). Also I'm assuming the carry-over will be turned off by default in tournament mode. It looks like that mode is going to be so much fun in casual play, but it'd nice to see it maybe be setup differently for tourney mode.

#2750 4 years ago

6 main modes, 4 sub modes, killer cards to collect, video mode, Hell Bound wizard mode that I'm not going to talk about until someone FULLY beats it, and several other surprises in the mode / subs category.

All modes are in but a couple aren't fully coded yet. It will be a damn hard game to beat. Closest I've come is 3 of 6 mains, and 2 subs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Draper, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside