2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 223.
#2651 8 years ago

I actually agree with the CT = best pizza argument (source, grew up in CT). But Pequods crushes all childhood memories except for Parthenon pizza in Simsbury? in the late 70s, 80s their tables were all cocktail arcade games. good times.

Seriously Pequods is the best pizza.

/me prepares for another circular argument.

-c

#2652 8 years ago

Playfield really grew on me over the weekend, and put my deposit in the mail on Saturday. Really thinking that the full package (dots, sounds, art, gameplay) will make this great. Really wanted to buy AMH, but just couldn't get past the voice overs for the characters. Probably nitpicking that one, as all I hear is it's an awesome game. Any way, looking forward to the video upload of gameplay!

#2653 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

The best pizza is from New Haven CT. Where pizza was invented.

Hahaha what a classic. The history of Pizza in Italy dates back to about 700 years before New Haven even existed.

rd

#2654 8 years ago

Buying a GOT now is not a risky endeavor, neither is buying RZ. I mentioned way earlier in this thread about selling it for a profit if wasn't your cup of tea and got some backlash. OK, sell it for exactly what you paid for it and don't loose a dime, even though people will be offering you $1000 more than you paid. I'm not a flipper. Never have. I just don't see any way at all that you can get hurt on this game.....

#2655 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hahaha what a classic. The history of Pizza in Italy dates back to about 700 years before New Haven even existed.
rd

Sorry, "good" pizza as we see it today. Not all the left-over junk thrown on bread to use it up. Circling back to pinball. Pizza in those days is like, bingos. They still have there place and get love. But its not what you're buying these days.

#2656 8 years ago

This thread was more interesting when we were bitching about the playfield.

#2657 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

This thread was more interesting when we were bitching about the playfield.

Everyone is just killing time and bumping the thread until the video comes out. We got a good taste of the game and want more.

#2658 8 years ago

I thought for sure that Hitler would have chimed in about the damned playfield by now. Ugh! Now I'm waiting on two videos! Chop chop, Charlie and Adolf!

#2659 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The man has spoken, so I'm personally filing the art under is what it is and done. We're not in a Hobbit situation here obviously.

Bummer.

#2660 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

We got a good taste of the game and want more.

i_can_see.jpgi_can_see.jpg

#2661 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

I actually agree with the CT = best pizza argument

White Clam Pizza!!

#2662 8 years ago

Question is will the gameplay leave you hungry to play some more 10 minutes after the last game?

#2664 8 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Question is will the gameplay leave you hungry to play some more 10 minutes after the last game?

I think everyone who plays has their favorite mode. I have mine.. my kid always plays a certain one. I know I've seen others gravitate to theirs. Heck, my version doesn't even have all the goodies. So I get to pretend its there

#2665 8 years ago

Woke up to 60 new posts in this thread. "Cool, they must have released the gameplay video", I thought to myself. Instead I found we had moved on to a discussion about the origins of Pizza.

Good pizza must be from a wood fired oven. Real Buffalo mozzarella with fresh basil, eaten straight out of the oven. Nothing like it.

#2666 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think everyone who plays has their favorite mode. I have mine.. my kid always plays a certain one. I know I've seen others gravitate to theirs. Heck, my version doesn't even have all the goodies. So I get to pretend its there

If it plays half as good as it looks, it will be f**king awesome, and 1000x better than my pizza reference post above.

#2667 8 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

If it plays half as good as it looks it will be f**king awesome and 1000x better than my pizza reference post above

Only one place to go in comparison to that and that's up

#2668 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Txs for shooting us a gameplay video Charlie. Really excited to see more of his the game plays.
Any chance of showing the rule set?

Once the gameplay video is released, some of the rules will be also. this was mentioned earlier in the thread

#2669 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think everyone who plays has their favorite mode.

I hope you are working to refine and balance the modes so favorites are not merely based on what is the most lucrative for points and more because of what you enjoy playing???

I have one important question concerning code. Is there a plan to continually take on feedback from the game owners and tweak/improve code like Ben has done with AMH over time?

I think that is very important to know.

#2670 8 years ago

Spooky Pinball Podcast Show #68
43 minutes in . . .
Charlie talks about Rob & Sherrie wanting more in the game (10 more things à la carte).
Sherrie wants to accessorize the game.
Involving Alex Horley & Matt from Back Alley Creations.

#2671 8 years ago

Question.

The "total art package" of a playfield is not limited to the "drawn/painted PF art" -- it's also about the "light show", as well as the "plastics" and "toys/contraptions".

In early B/Ws 80's games -- we typically saw 15-20 inserts in the lower PF that represented the bonus. One really neat aspect was how they were counted up at the end of each ball (blue/green in Fathom) or especially how they danced in attract mode (Fathom/Centaur/Black Knight/Space Shuttle), etc.

Charlie: Can I ask if there was ever a consideration to use 15-20 insert lights for bonus? Any plans to use 'em in a future game?
-mof

#2672 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I hope you are working to refine and balance the modes so favorites are not merely based on what is the most lucrative for points and more because of what you enjoy playing???
I have one important question concerning code. Is there a plan to continually take on feedback from the game owners and tweak/improve code like Ben has done with AMH over time?
I think that is very important to know.

for the favorite thing, I have something that helps combat that.

As for feedback, I'll take and work with it as long as it comes in. I don't want this game ending up in a "Kiss" type thread.

#2673 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Ok... after a day fairly out of email / Pinside range, just getting caught up. No idea how 1 Sunday off costs me like 2 days worth of work, but it does!
Reading some of this... is making me dizzy, so I'm just going to stop. ART: Rob said what he wanted, where he wanted it, and Alex did a beautiful job. This was Alex's first ever pinball machine, and I think that makes what he did even more impressive! It's all done & approved, end of story. Personally I don't think you need to cover every square inch with something just to say you did. I like the clean classic look, but that's just my opinion which means and is worth absolutely nothing. All art is subjective. It's like debating if 1 song is better than another, or if NY or Chicago has the best pizza. We all like what we like.
Trying hard to answer all emails, keep AMH moving, and unloading trucks full of building materials this morning. The parking lot looks like a war zone and we need to get it going on the slab so trucks can still get in & out.
I'll shoot the gameplay video asap but it will be either late tonight or early tomorrow before I get it uploaded... still got a few jobs I HAVE to get done.
Peace, love, and pinball men. Carry on.

100_3674.jpg

A Ball Crawl IV may be in your future. Just something to look forward to. F all this Email shit. Come for the weekend and forget everything else.

#2674 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Buying a GOT now is not a risky endeavor, neither is buying RZ.

I which I could agree with you, and I would have a year or two ago, but I no longer believe that buying pins lacks risk... there are plenty of threads covering examples (disregarding non-delivered games), but that would be off topic here. Feel free to start another thread if you want to debate it

#2675 8 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

43 minutes in . . .
Charlie talks about Rob & Sherrie wanting more in the game (10 more things à la carte).

Goes on to suggest these add ons may be purchasable in the future and that the current bill of materials should cause the machine to cost more than $6k, but they aren't increasing the price.

#2676 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

So your saying that at $6500 he wouldn't sell out 300 games? How about $7000?

$6495 is the LE. $5995 is regular. At least you added the quantity (other posts were just price). So what if the run was 30 or 3000? AND..... Charlie didn't want to. If you have talked to him, or heard his comments on Spooky - he isn't trying to gouge the pinball community, because he is part of the pinball community. I think we should applaud him for putting more into a game, adding costs of a license, color, Matt's sculpted coolness, and keeping the price exactly the same as AMH.

Why? Because its the Emery's!

#2677 8 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

43 minutes in . . .

So even Rob Zombie himself thinks the game is too bare?!?

Wow.

#2678 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Wow.

Ya because stern doesn't sell mods for their games.

#2679 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Wow.

I just listened to the podcast segment in question. He's clearly asking about more toys and mods and goodies. Of all the complaints I've seen so far none of them have been "looks okay, but there aren't enough sculpted toys".

I obviously have my own opinions, but let's not twist other people's words to support an agenda.

#2680 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just listened to the podcast segment in question. He's clearly asking about more toys and mods and goodies. Of all the complaints I've seen so far none of them have been "looks okay, but there aren't enough sculpted toys".
I obviously have my own opinions, but let's not twist other people's words to support an agenda.

I've seen people saying there isn't enough to do. The robot, Captain Spaulding, mini playfield with one flipper, bucket of chicken, and one ramp.

#2681 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I've seen people saying there isn't enough to do. The robot, Captain Spaulding, mini playfield with one flipper, bucket of chicken, and one ramp.

The gameplay video should sort that out.

Nearly half my collection doesn't have any ramps at all. There's more to pinball than just ramp shots.

I think it's fair to judge the art, we've seen it. We haven't seen the gameplay yet. Too early to start saying there isn't enough to do. Maybe there isn't. Or maybe you'll be surprised.

#2682 8 years ago

Seriously, why am I being down-voted?!?

I didn't say the game needed more. Rob Zombie did!!!

#2683 8 years ago

Software might be incomplete. That can always be fixed.

#2684 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What is your axe to grind with Spooky?

Where have you seen a bunch of people saying there is not enough to do? Seeing as no one knows all of the rules or gameplay how would anyone other them Spooky know what there is to do on the game yet? Your value comments are the funniest things to me. You keep implying that Spooky games are a terrible value at 6K. The funniest part is that all of my sterns and my WOZ are worth less then what I paid for them with the exception of AC/DC. I could sell AMH right now for a nice profit. So if anything, Spooky is the best value in pinball currently. I prefer to play AMH instead of sell it though, it's has more value in fun.

#2685 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I could sell AMH right now for a nice profit.

I thought this was frowned upon?

#2686 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

When is selling a game ever frowned upon. If you don't like a game or are tired of it the best thing you can do is sell it to someone that would enjoy it. The market sets the price, priced to high and it won't sell (like your slugfest).

So what is you axe to grind? You can't seem to answer that question.

#2687 8 years ago

please let the video be tonight

#2688 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm going to assume that you're the child in your avatar with your recent string of posts, dirtbag66.

#2689 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

When is selling a game ever frowned upon. If you don't like a game or are tired of it the best thing you can do is sell it to someone that would enjoy it. The market sets the price, priced to high and it won't sell (like your SlugFest).
So what is you axe to grind? You can't seem to answer that question.

AMH was a low production game. If you sold it for a profit, you essentially took someone else's place in line, bought it, then turned around and sold it at a higher price to someone who could have bought it and kept it.

Kind of a d**k move, if that's what you decide to do.

#2690 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

AMH was a low production game. If you sold it for a profit, you essentially took someone else's place in line, bought it, then turned around and sold it at a higher price to someone who could have bought it and kept it.

I didn't take anyone's place. I ordered one after playing it at a show. There were spots available for close to a year and a half. Anyone that was interested had tons of time to order one if they wanted to. That would be like me saying that someone else wanted your slugfest when you bought it and now you are a dick for selling it because you prevented someone else from getting it.

What is your axe to grind with Spooky? Are you just that jealous that you can't buy one?

#2691 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Kind of a d**k move

You continually posting in this thread, now that's a dick move.

#2692 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What is your axe to grind with Spooky? Are you just that jealous that you can't buy one?

Don't even bother!

idiots.jpgidiots.jpg

#2693 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That would be like me saying that someone else wanted your SlugFest when you bought it and now you are a dick for selling it because you prevented someone else from getting it.

Not the same at all. Williams made more than 1,500 Slugfests.

Quoted from jgentry:

Ha! Good one.

#2694 8 years ago

In or out there is nothing wrong with saying you have decided the game is not for you. Could be the art, theme or anything else. But once said its poor taste and out right rude to keep acting dickish in a thread.

#2695 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Please. Buying a boutique game like AMH is a gamble, as most would have no opportunity to play it before purchasing. If someone took that gamble, waited a year or more for delivery and didn't want to keep the game for a variety of reasons - why shouldn't they sell it? They didn't perform a malicious act on another collector.

#2696 8 years ago

image.pngimage.png

#2697 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

why shouldn't they sell it? They didn't perform a malicious act on another collector.

I think he means selling it for a profit. Because pinball and profit shouldn't go together.

"Do it for the hobby!" is really "I want to save money".

#2698 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think he means selling it for a profit. Because pinball and profit shouldn't go together.

Precisely.

#2699 8 years ago

Not even smart enough to know when someone was countering your argument.

#2700 8 years ago

So this is pretty insane. I put my check in my mailbox on Friday when Kayte sent out the announcement email and it already arrived today. Glad I saved them $30 and nice job by the Postal Service!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 20.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.