2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 223.
#2551 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Long story short, think before you pull the trigger. Once you fire it. It can not be pulled back.

SO TRUE.

#2552 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Staying out of the conversation now, I think I said enough, but for the record I took no offense to anything Charlie said to me.

No need to sit out. You just are expressing what most of us are thinking but in a much more dramatic way.
We all agree the playfield needs some improvement for those of us who are still undecided. We all want to be comfortable and confident in the way we spend our hard earned $6000.

#2553 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

We all want to be comfortable and confident in the way we spend our hard earned $6000.

This is exactly what I've been saying all along, and apparently this makes me a troll.

#2554 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I'm also worried about this being the first pinball done by the coder, but that concern could go away tomorrow with the video.

I am actually not worried about the code. I am sure that Spooky will be making sure the code is equal too or better than AMH.

#2555 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I'm also worried about this being the first pinball done by the coder, but that concern could go away tomorrow with the video.

Curios what this being a fist pin has anything to do anything? Rules are laid out, and I work to those rules. The designer verifies I'm doing what they have envisioned. I can't exactly do it wrong. I am making sure all bugs are worked out, and all key pinball elements are included. Trust me, this isn't a "my way" project, I have people to answer to. Granted, I have put spins on things that Chuck and Ben never thought of, but again they either approve or disapprove.

Ben and I have made a lot of changes to the way his system works internally based on certain features that have been added. The way the video mode work is one of them.

I also had to work on decoupling his AV processes, to put more of the work on the game code side. This will make future games MUCH quicker to get done. I'm pretty sure I spent more time getting those parts worked out, than the core game code.

In the end, the game will kick your ass, and you'll come back for more because you have this burning desire to kick its ass.

#2556 8 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I am actually not worried about the code. I am sure that Spooky will be making sure the code is equal too or better than AMH.

I wouldn't worry about the code either. Ben made a clean framework for AMH (that's most of the work). Even if the code for RZ has issues, Ben could easily help out (he's still fixing some issues on AMH). He just didn't want to be the main programmer again because of the burnout.

#2557 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think the opposite ... The Dragula artwork would look bitchin slap bang in the middle of the PF above the flippers.

rd

That would be awesome as well .

#2559 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Curios what this being a fist pin has anything to do anything? Rules are laid out, and I work to those rules. The designer verifies I'm doing what they have envisioned. I can't exactly do it wrong. I am making sure all bugs are worked out, and all key pinball elements are included. Trust me, this isn't a "my way" project, I have people to answer to. Granted, I have put spins on things that Chuck and Ben never thought of, but again they either approve or disapprove.
Ben and I have made a lot of changes to the way his system works internally based on certain features that have been added. The way the video mode work is one of them.
I also had to work on decoupling his AV processes, to put more of the work on the game code side. This will make future games MUCH quicker to get done. I'm pretty sure I spent more time getting those parts worked out, than the core game code.
In the end, the game will kick your ass, and you'll come back for more because you have this burning desire to kick its ass.

looking forward to it!

#2560 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I wouldn't worry about the code either. Ben made a clean framework for AMH (that's most of the work). Even if the code for RZ has issues, Ben could easily help out (he's still fixing some issues on AMH). He just didn't want to be the main programmer again because of the burnout.

eh? Ive looked at the AMH pic32 code, its a mess. 30 years programming here, including experience with pic32 + propeller they are using. I put my hand up for the programming job but it was gone when I heard about it. would have been a fun gig

#2561 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Curios what this being a fist pin has anything to do anything?

Just that I have never seen your work, that's all. No offense, but this is your first swing at the plate. Its not to mean that I don't think you can make this pin awesome. If Charlie and Ben believe in you, then I do too. Like I said, I hope to be impressed with the gameplay video.

#2562 8 years ago

Something else that's taking a lot of my time are the tools. I have a custom lightshow and video converter/editor. Not having to do this again will save tons of time.

#2563 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I actually like the playfield art, but what are those black streaky lines in the lower middle...smoke?...trees? I seriously can't tell.
I think it would have been easy to make the playfield art too "busy". This is a common issue with recent Stern games.

image.jpeg

I thought they were spooky shadows of the trees in the graveyard. I guess it's open to interpretation

#2564 8 years ago

I thought those were tree branches also.

As a pin/vid collector and fan of RZ this is a dream come true to have a pin with this theme. To me its an underdog theme because no one but Spooky had the major balls it takes to do a RZ music pin. This is their 2nd pin and still a new company but they are really taking big chances with everything.

It never worried me about having someone new to pinball do the code. It leaves Ben free to do other items on the pin. The inserts are pretty cool looking and love what Ben with them. I was taken back a bit by the "sparse" art on both playfields (like everyone) however its not a deal breaker for me by a long shot. Its still bad ass.

I've been fooled by art on pins such as BSD and AFM only to play and love them to death. The dots/color DMD, gameplay, music and voices/call outs look like they are going incredible. Im looking forward to putting this game in my line up.

#2565 8 years ago

That game is DOA!

#2566 8 years ago

So are you...

#2567 8 years ago

I hope Charlie considers selling the Translites to anyone who wants one. It is such a beautiful piece. Even though I am getting a RZ, it would be a shame if only 300 are able to show the art. Besides, hopefully he could make additional profit to help Spooky grow as a company. If people want a LE Translite, heck sell them for $300, that would indirectly add value to the LE and allows others to own it as well.......No need to limit it.

#2568 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I hope Charlie considers selling the Translites to anyone who wants one. It is such a beautiful piece, even though I am getting a RZ, it would be a shame if only 300 are able to get to show the art. Besides, hopefully he could make additional profit to help Spooky grow as a company. If people want a LE Translite, heck sell them for $300, that would indirectly ad value to the LE and allows others to own it as well.......No need to limit it.

t shirts or hoodies with the art would also be cool.

#2569 8 years ago

I talked to Charlie at Expo and at that time he said the license did not allow them to sell shirts or any other products based on RZ or the artwork.

I don't know of there would be a limit on translites or not.

#2570 8 years ago

I wonder if Spooky & Co will have the (50) LE's as; #1, #2, #3... #50 of 300

#2571 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I am lucky enough to be one of the 300 on the list and have the option to buy one.

Next?....Bye, bye........

Might as well wait for the next "blown away" pin

#2572 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I love it............................

My ass gets kicked every day and I need redemption!

#2573 8 years ago

Is the only difference between the 2 versions the LE Translite?

#2574 8 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Is the only difference between the 2 versions the LE Translite?

+ LE armour

#2575 8 years ago

Got no skin in the game but to be fair to the LE buyers (who supported Spooky from alpha) I hope that he doesn't sell the LE art. Would kill the whole Limited Edition idea.

Cheers

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2576 8 years ago

So what would be the real benefit to getting the LE if the translite was readily available? If it's just the armor, I'm not sure that's enough. This isn't a Stern where the gameplay is different from the LE to the standard. The translite is at least 80% of the reason to plunk down for the LE on this, for me.

#2577 8 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

That game is DOA!

That game just sold 300, and you, as usual, are a d*ck...............

#2578 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

We all want to be comfortable and confident in the way we spend our hard earned $6000.

The art is what it is. Neither you nor I have any control over the decision of what it should be. If you don't like it or "aren't comfortable" with spending 6k on it then pass & i'm sure there are plenty of others that will take your spot.

#2579 8 years ago

Got no skin in the game but to be fair to the LE buyers (who supported Spooky from alpha) I hope that he doesn't sell the LE art. Would kill the whole Limited Edition idea.
Cheers

Charlie doesn't own the art, it can be sold either way. I cannot imagine a master piece would be painted so that it could be put on 50 games?? Rob will have these images on shits loads of merchandise.

#2580 8 years ago

(who supported Spooky from alpha)

I dont think the LE is really for people who supported Spooky early. Every one of the 150 AMH buyers got first dibs on the first 150 RZ - that's the reward for those who supported Spooky. Of those, the first 50 who said yes to RZ an LE got one.

IMO, the LE should be for the first 150 AMH buyers, or even everyone of the 300 if they want it. 300 is still limited even on the LE scale.

Im still really happy with the original - just prefer the LE, and missed out by a few.

#2581 8 years ago

So when do I get to play this game? I have no stake in it. Will this be available to play at Lawrence's pub and eatery in Benton. I'll tell you, Aurich if this is a good game to play or not. Don't make me drive out there.

#2582 8 years ago

Wow, I love the art of RZ. Too me they nailed it. I get those that slam Tron and ST playfield art. I played both of those earlier today and art is basic on both, but those have the awesome light show to make up for the bland art. Im not saying RZ doesn't have a light show because all I have seen is playfield pics. I just want to point out playfield art isn't everything, but I do agree Stern totally dropped the ball with GOT.

#2583 8 years ago

Charlie doesn't own the art, it can be sold either way. I cannot imagine a master piece would be painted so that it could be put on 50 games?? Rob will have these images on shits loads of merchandise.

He obviously meant the LE translite. I don't think anyone cares if Rob Zombie markets the LE art on his merch.

#2584 8 years ago

Question for any of the AMH owners here. Did AMH come with the metal cab protectors that install behind your legs?

#2585 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Question for any of the AMH owners here. Did AMH come with the metal cab protectors that install behind your legs?

Yes, were installed directly from the factory.

#2586 8 years ago

I meant I hope spooky doesn't sell the LE Translite. My fault for not being specific.

Quoted from cooked71:

I dont think the LE is really for people who supported Spooky early. Every one of the 150 AMH buyers got first dibs on the first 150 RZ - that's the reward for those who supported Spooky. Of those, the first 50 who said yes to RZ an LE got one.
IMO, the LE should be for the first 150 AMH buyers, or even everyone of the 300 if they want it. 300 is still limited even on the LE scale.
Im still really happy with the original - just prefer the LE, and missed out by a few.

I thought I read a while back that the 50 LE went fairly fast from previous AMH buyers. I may be wrong but I think they were all claimed early due to a refundable deposit.

Cheers

#2587 8 years ago

Cheers

And let's not forget that the LE buyers get to pay an extra $500.00. If he's going to sell the trans than I'll just go with a regular, thanks. Now, it would be nice if they gave both translites to the LE buyers, cause I'm honestly not sure which looks better.

#2588 8 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

That game is DOA!

Good joke! Zombie … tombstone …

#2589 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Toyotaboy brings up a good example:

Alex Horley does not paint in that way. So while the BG and cab may be what "everyone wants" applying that style to the PF isn't as universally loved. Because subconsciously we're used to a different look.

That's the whole thing. People need to fight against that, just because something is done differently than what's the accepted best way to do it doesn't make it bad art. You see a lot of that in music too, if someone dares to record something and mix it differently than how it's generally accepted as the 'best' way to do it, the music is panned by critics online.

I think the game looks great, it's a little different than everything else out there and that's a good thing. It looks like a Spooky Pinball. I think it's great to see an American company building stuff and providing jobs right here in America as well. I hope Spooky does well and turns into a much larger company with many more games!

#2590 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Rules are laid out, and I work to those rules.

I believe this was probably the area of concern. Nothing against you in particular, but being able to write software is not the same as being able to being able to write pinball software that is fun and challenging. I'll readily admit that I couldn't do the latter myself.

#2591 8 years ago

Does the LE come with a translite or an actual backglass? Either way they should probably keep that as an exclusive for LE buyers.-and no I'm only on the list for a standard. As far as which looks better I'm on the fence.. Both look fantastic!

#2592 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Fawzma,
Are you a Pinball player and do you have any favorite games/rulesets? Are there any games for which RZ's rules are similar to?

#2593 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I actually like the playfield art, but what are those black streaky lines in the lower middle...smoke?...trees? I seriously can't tell.

I believe it's Rob's hair flowing up in Japanese horror fashion. Makes it look rather menacing and ominous/ethereal in my opinion, as if he's dead (below his tombstone) and rising from hell to orchestrate the madness in the pinball machine.

Otherwise, it seems like some of the complaints here are coming from people that don't understand the source material. It's a pinball forum, but this game wasn't designed to satisfy the average pinhead.

Those complaining about comic-book style inserts may not be aware that RZ's Spookshow International...is a comic book.

With the moving Phantom Creeps robot, this machine appears to capture the look of being at the artist's live concert better than any music pin to date...and it's on top of a pop bumper (never been done before?) and interactive in gameplay (follows the ball too I think) and on the DMD, which takes it over the top IMO.

The witch on the playfield is very similar in appearance to the witch on the American Witch single (and if anyone cares to know, "The End of the American Witch" is also a book in The Lords of Salem).

I agree with those upset over the disparity between the cab art and the rest of the game, and I'm under the impression the cab art may have all been prior art done by Horley, so perhaps *if that is the case*, it may have been a necessary measure to keep costs within reason. I don't know all the facts, but I do know for certain that I've seen some of the cab panel art elsewhere. Still pretty awesome art.

As for those complaining about it being a $6000 machine, I can also agree it doesn't look like a $6k game on the surface. I may say it looks like a $4k-$4500 game + newly designed color DMD screen + Flipper Fidelity speakers + 300 limit + amazing source material. RZ fans will easily drop $1000s on a $20 movie prop that didn't even have much impact in one of his films (11 hours left on what would otherwise be a piece of junk, and it's at $1600 already : ebay.com link: Original Skull Mask Prop From Rob Zombies THE LORDS OF SALEM ).

It's already apparent that many people would feel lucky to have the opportunity to buy this pin at $6k, so it makes little sense to complain about the price, when price is often determined by supply/demand, and clearly the supply doesn't come close to meeting demand. It would make more sense to praise Spooky for keeping the cost at $6k despite the license, Horley, the 300 limit, etc. Alien has already seen price increases since initial deposits were being taken.

The list goes on... From my perspective, they crammed a lot of the large world RZ has created (from more sources than many would know he's been at the helm of) into one machine, so inherently there will be some clash, but at first glance here, it looks like they've pulled off some impressive things.

#2594 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Fawzma,
Are you a Pinball player and do you have any favorite games/rulesets? Are there any games for which RZ's rules are similar to?

The game that springs to mind in terms of a mind blowing rule-set is Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Another hard, punishing game, but the stacking with the 10 million, 20 million, 30 million, make it one of the best.

RZ is looking like it will be hard, punishing so BSD is a good ruleset to study and maybe emulate.

#2595 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I just realized...if you're lucky enough to get the LE, the name of the game is not on the backglass OR on the sides of the cabinet. That's got to be very unusual...first time ever?

Quoted from tamoore:

With only a few hundred made, it's not as if the back glass is trying to attract new players. Anyone who buys one is full aware of what game it is.

Loving the LE glass. Would love to be able to put one in a standard. If I saw the LE glass on a location (sans the name), that would be enough draw me in right there. I'd be like WFT is that? ...and investigate!

#2596 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Fawzma,

I've played, but don't have a collection. I have done things in RZ that when Chuck and Ben saw it they said things like.."oh that like in so and so". That so and so they mention, I've never played. If I never play another game, and I keep making more; I'm pretty sure I'll do things that have already been done. I really didn't want to play too much so I didn't purposely do what someone else already did.

My job is to make my "boss" happy. If he likes the game, then I did my job.

Once players have the game, if they have suggestions, they can post on the forum on my website.

For favorite games:Centaur, AC/DC. AFM, Space Shuttle, and RZ

#2597 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I've played, but don't have a collection. I have done things in RZ that when Chuck and Ben saw it they said things like.."oh that like in so and so". That so and so they mention, I've never played. If I never play another game, and I keep making more; I'm pretty sure I'll do things that have already been done. I really didn't want to play too much so I didn't purposely do what someone else already did.
My job is to make my "boss" happy. If he likes the game, then I did my job.
Once players have the game, if they have suggestions, they can post on the forum on my website.
For favorite games:Centaur, AC/DC. AFM, Space Shuttle, and RZ

Thanks! I'm excited to hear more specifics about the rule-set after we see the gameplay video. Since you're somewhat of a pinball outsider maybe there will be some cool new rules/ideas that haven't been done before? As far as your favorite games go those are some of my favorites as well. If you "borrow" ideas from some of those than we should be in for a treat

#2598 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you "borrow" ideas from some of those than we should be in for a treat

thumbs up (except for shitty ACDC)

#2599 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

RZ fans will easily drop $1000s on a $20 movie prop that didn't even have much impact in one of his films (11 hours left on what would otherwise be a piece of junk, and it's at $1600 already : ebay.com link » Original Skull Mask Prop From Rob Zombies The Lords Of Salem

Those guys aren't RZ fans... they are Pinside / Pinball fans looking to purchase a cool topper.

#2600 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thumbs up (except for shitty ACDC)

I'll make sure to put ACDC in my next tournament.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.