Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 210.
#2501 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Fawzma, any chance you could give us a brief outline of the ruleset? Maybe explain how some of the modes work as well as some of the sub modes. I really hope there is some risk/reward built-in as well as the ability to stack modes and multiball together. Thanks!

I can after the gameplay video.

#2502 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I can after the gameplay video.

Now THIS is the kind of post I was looking for. Short, sweet and to the the point. Thanks

#2503 3 years ago

Looks like a winner for sure! Will the exposed pop bumper be an issue long term taking direct hits from the flipper. (pops usually have protection around them)-- nonetheless I can't wait to play it at Schwoeglers (sp?)

#2504 3 years ago

Any more than anyone else? No. He has his opinions, just like we all do.

Ask 100 people of any profession, and assuming competence exists, your bound to get 50 different answers.

To say we deserve inside wall art, and that'll make it okay is a head scratcher.

Quoted from kaneda:

So the only pro designer weighed in and said, "meh". Any credibility in that?

#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Love the Brits when they get angry
You got a PM so we all expected you got an answer
Short answer is "No, you can't. Spooky won't / can't sell to you."
Longer answer:
you can still find a friend in the US buying it for you. Then buy it second hand from him... and pray the customs won't stop it. Gamble.
From what I know there are a few AMH in Europe.

Thanks.

Apologies all- that was a dumb ass post from me late last night.

#2506 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So the only pro designer weighed in and said, "meh". Any credibility in that?

Which "pro" was that? Alex Horley or Rob Zombie himself?

#2507 3 years ago

Darn phone double posting...

So...

Go watch that

#2508 3 years ago

I definitely agree with the criticism that the playfield artwork, plastics and insert artwork isn't cohesive. It looks the way it was created: by different artists — the primary one having no special experience or regard for the art of pinball playfield design. It's still way better than what Stern crap out on a regular basis.

The look reminds me of the playfields of the Euro games that Pinsider pinballslave has showed off in the Rare/Prototype Stuff thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff?tu=pinballslave

#2509 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Actually I think many people who are non RZ fans will buy this game. I knew nothing about him until this pin appeared.
But, it has an edgy, dark, gothic type feel with music that will really raise the adrenalin while playing.
And it is just different to cookie cutter games and themes. Add the unique call outs and humor and the potential grows.
I am not a RZ fan but I would like this game.

I doubt it but you might be right, for me anyway I wouldn't buy a pin based on a band I didn't enjoy. I tried it already with AC/DC and it failed pretty fast.

#2510 3 years ago

double post.

#2511 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Toyotaboy brings up a good example:
Pins usually have a different art style on the PF than the rest of the art package. It's super evident on early 90's Data East, most of the 90's B/W, but became less obvious once we got into the modern "Photoshop Collage of Stock Images" age. By "PF art" I mean posterized, simple colors, outlines on most everything, no shading.

I would sum the pf art comment as... Barren.

Certainly the idea of a painting vs keylined cel-style art is a huge difference of course... But I don't find that to be what makes it stand out to me. The inserts seem lost out in the middle of the field .. Maybe if there were more elements out there... Bonus... States... Etc.

Even going back to games in the 70s where we may have far more area without figures, photos, toys, etc there would be things breaking up the space. Targets, inserts, etc.

Obviously you don't simply want a formula game... But I think this game reiterates that pulling together a full game art package is a much greater challenge than many would give it credit. Pinball art is more than just a single piece torn up and thrown around a pf. There is some creative magic unique to pin

#2512 3 years ago

I'm going back on what I said earlier. Charlie should just ship this pin as is. It is what it is...he's got ALL SOLD and a list double that wanting in. Honestly, our feedback is asinine the more I think about it. This isn't even close to the Hobbit scenario. Jack had paid-in-full pre-order people unhappy. That's different. JJJP would have SANK if Hobbit flopped. But Charlie can keep this pin as is and EASILY sell the 300.

I think the playfield art just came down to $$$$. It's expensive to pay an artist like ALEX to spend tons of hours on the most intricate piece of art.

#2513 3 years ago

I just realized...if you're lucky enough to get the LE, the name of the game is not on the backglass OR on the sides of the cabinet. That's got to be very unusual...first time ever?

image.png

#2514 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I just realized...if you're lucky enough to get the LE, the name of the game is not on the backglass OR on the sides of the cabinet. That's got to be very unusual...first time ever?

image.png

With only a few hundred made, it's not as if the back glass is trying to attract new players. Anyone who buys one is full aware of what game it is.

#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Whitewater was like this. But the name was on the topper.

#2516 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

image.png

The name will be added to that

#2517 3 years ago

I actually like the playfield art, but what are those black streaky lines in the lower middle...smoke?...trees? I seriously can't tell.

I think it would have been easy to make the playfield art too "busy". This is a common issue with recent Stern games.

image.jpeg

#2518 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

image.png

That is the best backglass ever.
Whoever said pinball isn't art (earlier in This thread) doesn't appreciate it for what it is. I'd love to have that displayed in my game room.

#2519 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Whoever said pinball isn't art (earlier in This thread) doesn't appreciate it for what it is. I'd love to have that displayed in my game room.

Would you pay $6k to put that up in your game room?

#2520 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Whitewater was like this. But the name was on the topper.

Seems pretty prominent on the cabinet...

image.jpeg

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I would!

#2523 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Seems pretty prominent on the cabinet...

Sorry, thought you were just referring to the head.

#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I actually like the playfield art, but what are those black streaky lines in the lower middle...smoke?...trees? I seriously can't tell.
I think it would have been easy to make the playfield art too "busy". This is a common issue with recent Stern games.

image.jpeg

Looks like his long hair blowing in the wind.

#2525 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Well, it comes with the game, so sure.
It's just too bad that type of image isn't on the playfield as well. That's all.

#2526 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

It is really nice. I can't quite decide which is better. I can see the character details way better on the standard, but the yellow/orange at the bottom of the LE will look better against the cabinet art. Either way, I love the game. Can't wait to play.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

#2527 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I can't quite decide which is better.

I actually like the Regular better....
Love seeing more of the Robot, the Zombie and Frazetta Werewolf...

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Looks like his long hair blowing in the wind.

Now that you say it, I think you're right. That detail looks weird to me.

#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Now that you say it, I think you're right. That detail looks weird to me.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on a second buddy. You're not supposed to come in here saying something about this game looks weird! If your post isn't something along the lines of, "YOWZA! Take my money now!!!", you best just keep on walking there, chief.

#2530 3 years ago

At first the playfield just screamed something is off to me as well. But, the more I look at the full playfield picture the less it bothers me.

The washed out nature of the plastics goes with the watercolor playfield style. All the colors mend together.

I must say I'm coming around to it. I'm in on the game.

#2531 3 years ago

I love the standard translate. It ties in better with the toys on the playfield.

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on a second buddy. You're not supposed to come in here saying something about this game looks weird! If your post isn't something along the lines of, "YOWZA! Take my money now!!!", you best just keep on walking there, chief.

Ffs... Let it go already. We don't need a thread 'conscious' giving blow by blow.

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

So, 6/17 is the latest date that anyone got a "you're on the list" confirmation and also later got the "you're in the 300" email. Anyone else have a later date? (sorry to go back to this, but I'm really interested)

6/30 for me and I got the late confirmation on Friday evening.

#2534 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I actually like the Regular better....
Love seeing more of the Robot, the Zombie and Frazetta Werewolf...

Any LE buyers want to switch backglasses to a standard? Contact me. I'll gladly pay the difference. I honestly thought I was getting an LE, but I'm thrilled to be getting a game!

I'd love to see Spooky sell the backglasses separately. Imagine the extra funds Spooky could bring in on selling the different backglasses alone. For a small company, this could be a very significant source of revenue.

Just the idea of switching them out once in awhile appeals to me.

Love the look of the game!

#2535 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I see no reason not to address the issue, as Ben has done for example, but instead he just told Aurich to turn off the computer and go outside. That's more like what Jack would say.

Staying out of the conversation now, I think I said enough, but for the record I took no offense to anything Charlie said to me.

#2536 3 years ago

It's very possible LE owners will be able to buy a standard translate, but not vise versa. We won't know for sure until it's confirmed, but with other companies that has been true.

Quoted from MikeHogue:

Any LE buyers want to switch backglasses to a standard? Contact me.

#2537 3 years ago

I really like the idea of the LE having a topper with the name on it and leaving that artwork as-is.

#2538 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Staying out of the conversation now, I think I said enough, but for the record I took no offense to anything Charlie said to me.

You may return once the gameplay video drops.

#2539 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Bye Felicia!

Seriously though. Go find another thread.

#2540 3 years ago

That LE artwork is going to tie in perfectly to the rest of the cabinet.

Given the run is only 300, would be great to ditch the LE concept completely and run with just the LE art on all 300.

Then use the standard back-glass art on the PF.

Of course Im only saying this because I missed out on the LE.

#2541 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

No thanks.

#2542 3 years ago

Bye Felicia!

Just use the ignore feature. Some people just love to troll.

#2543 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Type in Rob Zombie Dragula at YouTube and watch the video. You'll see exactly what they were going for.

I've been a Zombie fan for decades. I know the art style very well, and this playfield is not evocative. Pull out some of the jackets from his albums, or watch the acid nightmare in Beavis and Butthead. There is shit ALL OVER THE PLACE and it appears ready made for pinball. You can stare at that graphic design for an hour and still find new things to see. (Or, just check out the cabinet and the backglass..) This playfield has a kick ass painting of Rob's face, a faded tombstone, a nice pair of ass cheeks and some floating inserts. There, done.

It's just odd and barren. It doesn't fit the cabinet, it doesn't really fit 20+ years of source material, and I think it's fair to expect it conform to at least one of those. It's cool looking in isolation, but it's strangely restrained for the title and ultimately un-pinbally.

#2544 3 years ago

Bye Felicia!

We could all go see the garbage in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-slugfest-williams-1991-1993/page/2#post-2848024

#2545 3 years ago

I think this game is going to shoot *really* well. I really look forward to missing a shot, and having the pop bumper feed it back down the middle.

Has there been a thread on the rules to know what the inserts represent?
-mof

#2546 3 years ago

Nothing like a little free advertising.

Thanks, buddy!

#2547 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Given the run is only 300, would be great to ditch the LE concept completely and run with just the LE art on all 300.Then use the standard back-glass art on the PF.

I think the opposite ... The Dragula artwork would look bitchin slap bang in the middle of the PF above the flippers.

Looking forward to the gameplay video tomorrow. Machine seems to have moved forward a lot since the Pinball Zombies proto (which is a good move ...)

rd

#2548 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I think this game is going to shoot *really* well. I really look forward to missing a shot, and having the pop bumper feed it back down the middle.
Has there been a thread on the rules to know what the inserts represent?
-mof

Not yet. The programmer did state he could provide some more details on the rules after the gameplay video is posted though.

#2549 3 years ago

I would prefer RZ over GOT. Sorry Stern.

#2550 3 years ago

I am lucky enough to be one of the 300 on the list and have the option to buy one. I have been pretty excited about the reveal and the cab art and backglass do not disappoint. However, the playfield is what has me still holding on to my $1000 deposit. The inserts don't go with the rest of the playfield and look like an after thought. And the upper playfield looks unfinished.

Add a spinner to the upper playfield shot, and redo the inserts to be head stones in a grave yard (as someone suggested) to tie it all together and I'll send in my deposit immediately. But as the game is now, I need to be absolutely blown away by the game play video tomorrow or I may be passing. I really want to want this game, but that playfield just doesn't impress me at all right now. I'm also worried about this being the first pinball done by the coder, but that concern could go away tomorrow with the video.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside