Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 211.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd... wow, I did not see that coming. Maybe some will back out, maybe not, but either way...

Too late to change it now as you said but maybe a drawing would have been better for LEs? Previous AMH owners get double the chances of getting drawn or something of the sort but would allow a newcomer to have a chance at an LE as well. I also would require more money for the LEs to make sure they are serious or require the money earlier. While I love the no/minimal pre-order money model for something like this if there is no commitment to putting your name on a list right now then I bet a lot of people did just because and will decide later. Which is silly that people that may have genuine interest in the theme or the game lose out to someone who just gets in on everything and can back out later cause they have no skin in the game at the time.

#202 4 years ago

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd... wow, I did not see that coming.

I did. I wouldn't be surprised if over 100 of the 150 AMH buyers get in on RZ and by end of July all 300 will be sold, possibly on the first day.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I did. I wouldn't be surprised if over 100 of the 150 AMH buyers get in on RZ and by end of July all 300 will be sold, possibly on the first day.

Yea - I saw it coming too as soon as I heard about the theme. All 300 will be gone shortly after the list opens I think.

So can you go ahead and get on the non-LE list? I emailed Charlie to ask him. I think the July 4 thing may have just been if there were unclaimed LE spots?

#204 4 years ago

A lot of craziness over the LE. We don't even know what it will look like yet. I'm going with what ends up looking the best to me, so there's always a chance of more LE's becoming available if people in line pass on the design. The entire run for this machine is less than just about any of the arbitrary Stern LE's, so just try to get on board the train and let the chips fall where they may.

#205 4 years ago

I don't care how this plays out, this is my first NIB pin and I'm all the way in. Hope to get an LE.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yea - I saw it coming too as soon as I heard about the theme. All 300 will be gone shortly after the list opens I think.
So can you go ahead and get on the non-LE list? I emailed Charlie to ask him. I think the July 4 thing may have just been if there were unclaimed LE spots?

And he replied - the non LE list is open right now! And I'm in! Looking forward to my first spooky pin.

#207 4 years ago

Got a response from KT and I did request in time to be in for an LE spot. Woooo

#208 4 years ago

Standard BG has Rob lording over the characters, arms outstretched. Characters from his movies / videos around him, a giant moon, a huge werewolf and other stuff. Living Dead Girl, Baby, Spaulding, the axe guy...

LE BG is Rob driving the Dragula towards camera, running over skeletons and the characters jumping out of the way. More of an action shot.

They both look BAD ASS. I'm sure Chuck will post them when ready - the standard should be pretty close.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Standard BG has Rob lording over the characters, arms outstretched. Characters from his movies / videos around him, a giant moon, a huge werewolf and other stuff. Living Dead Girl, Baby, Spaulding, the axe guy...

LE BG is Rob driving the Dragula* towards camera, running over skeletons and the characters jumping out of the way. More of an action shot.
They both look BAD ASS. I'm sure Chuck will post them when ready - the standard should be pretty close.

*can't call it Dragula as that is a separate license, but it is a Dragula-like vehicle

#210 4 years ago

Thanks for the update Ben. Both backglasses sound pretty awesome.

#211 4 years ago

I have faith in spooky to do this pin right. I think its a perfect theme game for them and i'm fan of robs movies so for me its going be awesome. I like his current music but still prefer white zombie tunes Anyway keep up the good work spooky and everyone should stop the negative stuff untill we see working game.

#212 4 years ago

This will ONLY happen after we've shown a completed package. Then it's $1,000 down to reserve your spot, and NOTHING until your game is done. You will at least see it before you buy it. I'm not "pre-order" money taking, or expecting anything sight unseen.

Does this mean you will hold the deposit money in restricted cash, rather than using it to finance operations? If so, is that written in a contract?

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Does this mean you will hold the deposit money in restricted cash, rather than using it to finance operations? If so, is that written in a contract?

Down boy.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

*can't call it Dragula as that is a separate license, but it is a Dragula-like vehicle

"A vehicle which may or may not resemble a vehicle associated with the artist"

I should work in advertising.

rd.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

rob.gif
#216 4 years ago

It's hard to say whether the run on this game is due to the license or due to good will generated by them making AMH first.

Can people who have put their name on the list for a game say whether it's the license or just Spooky's rep that has lead you to this decision without even seeing any art or a playfield drawing?

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

LE BG is Rob driving the Dragula towards camera, running over skeletons and the characters jumping out of the way. More of an action shot.

People wonder why we made a "next title" announcement? Meet Ben Heck ladies and gentlemen... Apple would shoot this guy.

Ben, you're like the crazy kid brother or younger than me uncle from some weird remarriage deal I always wanted.

He's not wrong. It's BAD ASS... I know, I've seen it. Can't wait to see it all finalized and show you all.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Can people who have put their name on the list for a game say whether it's the license or just Spooky's rep that has lead you to this decision without even seeing any art or a playfield drawing?

Bit of everything here. Loved AMH, big RZ fans, was looking to make a purchase.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I think it would be nice if Spooky could bump up the LE's 25 more machines to 75 so maybe folks outside of the AMH buyers get a chance at one and just reduce the regular models to be made and still be at their 300 total. I do not have a horse in this race but I know many here that did not buy AMH and would like a shot at an LE RZSSI which at this point may not happen as the list is filling up fast with just 50 available

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd... wow, I did not see that coming.

Gee, just want wanted to see folks have a chance at getting an LE as I already had a feeling these were already going away and I get one up vote and one down vote?.........Really? Whatever.

Ken

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's hard to say whether the run on this game is due to the license or due to good will generated by them making AMH first.

Again, this is a post of mine from less than two weeks ago:

Quoted from Medisinyl:

There are many bands I love that would make for terrible pins as there wouldn't be much well known toy theme and such to go for. I'd be highly interested in bands known for horror theatrics. Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, etc.

While I've had the chance to play one game of AMH and found no negatives, for me it's definitely the theme combined with Spooky's positive reputation thus far.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Spooky's reputation. I'm not really a fan of Rob Zombie music at all, but I really love Spooky pinball, and also I think the art is totally bad ass. Perhaps when I get the game I'll swap out the music files with something else.

#222 4 years ago

I loved all of the oldschool horror clips in 1000 corpses, looking forward to the deep haunted house voice, evil laughter etc. I hope they incorporate. Very excited for the theme, I think it'll be exactly what I've been looking for as I wanted a real horror theme as my next pin.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Spooky's rep. The reason why I bought an AMH was that I wanted to reward what I thought was the right way to do things - and I heard it was loads of fun, of course. For this game I completely trust the reputation now that I've had first hand experience with it.

The theme is not exciting really, but with the art it could be incredible. The best part of the theme, for me, is that it probably isn't a huge risk on my part if I don't like the game.

One other factor? Call me crazy, but I loved the way PZFBTG looked on video. Punishing chaos is the way I like it!

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

One other factor? Call me crazy, but I loved the way PZFBTG looked on video. Punishing chaos is the way I like it!

Pinball Zombies was THE reason we got interested in Spooky. We bought AMH because we were hoping PZFBTG would be next.

#225 4 years ago

People wonder why we made a "next title" announcement? Meet Ben Heck ladies and gentlemen... Apple would shoot this guy.
Ben, you're like the crazy kid brother or younger than me uncle from some weird remarriage deal I always wanted.
He's not wrong. It's BAD ASS... I know, I've seen it. Can't wait to see it all finalized and show you all.

Charlie - The solution to this was invented a *LONG* time ago by the military... it's called compartmentalization! So, when Ben comes to the shop, he can't come in until you put a bag on his head. Then, you have a cubicle for him that is painted black and make him wear sound suppressing ear muffs. Then he can take the bag off and get some work done.

Problem solved!

(I'll send you my consulting bill shortly...)

Jaz

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Spooky's rep. The reason why I bought an AMH was that I wanted to reward what I thought was the right way to do things - and I heard it was loads of fun, of course. For this game I completely trust the reputation now that I've had first hand experience with it.
The theme is not exciting really, but with the art it could be incredible. The best part of the theme, for me, is that it probably isn't a huge risk on my part if I don't like the game.

I'm with you I love the balls it's taken for Spooky to do all of this. My $ is my way of showing it. The fact that spooky responds by rewarding AMH buyers is great business!

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

For me, it's primarily the theme. I like rob zombie's music, think it works well for a pin and opens up a ton of possibilities for a cool set of toys and rules. The fact Spooky delivered on AMH helps, but my main reason for getting on the list is that this theme could be amazing.

#228 4 years ago

I won't comment on what's going into the game or not. Just know that I am doing my part to make this super fun.

I will accept suggestions from pin fans on what they like to see in a game (play mechanics wise) and can adapt. I did swipe an AMH (think it was Bens to be honest) so I know how things should fit together. It has certainly helped.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

1. Already an AMH future owner
2. Rob zombie will look good next to the AMH
3. I like supporting a small pinball company, especially one so local
4. Rob zombie is cool
5. I like being able to own something so limited and not pay BBB prices
6. Spooky is open source. The controller, the source code, the 3d printed files. How can you not love being able to get replacement parts 30 years from now whether or not spooky exists by then?

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm on the list now so I can comment! Spooky has gotten rave reviews for not only amh game wise, but customer service too. Their customers are happy so I trust them to deliver.

That said, I have been hoping for a true horror pin as my next one so this is the best of both worlds for me. I wanted to support spooky for their reputation and they offered a non-campy horror theme with one of the best in the business in rob zombie. His style is with the old sound bytes that cut right to the core when you hear them. This is what spooky should be about!

#231 4 years ago

Charlie, thank you for taking pinball back to it's bad boy roots.

RZ isn't my thing, but I'll def keep an eye on this title for future interest. I can now literally say that Spooky Pinball rocks out loud! Great job.

#232 4 years ago

Thank you for getting Sid Haig involved.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

Thank you for getting Sid Haig involved.

yes and don't forget to get your tasty captain spaulding fried chicken

#234 4 years ago

I have a question for charlie, maybe he can address on his podcast next month. Did Charlie contact rob zombie, or did rob zombie see what Stern's been putting out and decided he needed a pinball for himself and contacted Spooky?

#235 4 years ago

I'll echo what everyone else has said for the reason I'm purchasing a rz. Spooky is an option outside of Stern that I trust to deliver. That coupled with my game room theme of mostly horror and rock it fits in perfect...lastly and most important the wife begged me to get it and I reluctantly agreed so I get retribution later...to quote whitey ford "if i do the lending she does the bending"...that's my story and I'm sticking to it

#236 4 years ago

Tried to get in on the LE, but I was too late, haha. That's okay, AMH should ship this week!

Dan

#237 4 years ago

I am in, love Rob Zombie, love the artist, little money down, big potential!

#238 4 years ago

well if you need another programmer lemme know I got pic32 + propeller experience...

#239 4 years ago

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but is it another 6k game or more?

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Lol...it was the third post of the thread

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Quoted from Russell:

$5995 for regular. $500 more for LE.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Spooky is open source. The controller, the source code, the 3d printed files. How can you not love being able to get replacement parts 30 years from now whether or not spooky exists by then?

Will RZ remain open source? Or will the license prevent this?

#243 4 years ago

Warning - do not take AMH code and dump to any other game.. you might fry something. Don't ask why I know this.

I don't have an answer about open source for this, good question though. If it does go open source, I'll be putting it out on Github most likely.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Will RZ remain open source? Or will the license prevent this?

Technically Stern isn't open source either, but with pinball browser (if I had enough time) I could literally turn a metallica pinball into a Led-zeppelin pin. I believe license is tied to what the manufacturer puts out, same reason why spooky can't "sell a pinball to europe" for safety listing reasons, but if some owner wants to buy a pinball from them and resell it to someone in europe, they can't control what people do.

#245 4 years ago

Kayte told me I'm on the list. So does that mean I will get a game? If the le's are gone then should I assume I'm one of 250 standards? Anyone know anything more about this list and how exactly it might work?

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Warning - do not take AMH code and dump to any other game.. you might fry something. Don't ask why I know this.
I don't have an answer about open source for this, good question though. If it does go open source, I'll be putting it out on Github most likely.

I hope it is - I was able to suggest a small bug fix that worked by looking through the code. It's really one of the big reasons why trusted buying a pin without a big software department since i had faith in the community to take over/redevelop if Ben got hit by a bus...

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Tried to get in on the LE, but I was too late, haha. That's okay, AMH should ship this week!
Dan

There is almost guaranteed to be some attrition before the reveal/commit date so you might be just fine!

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Quoted from btw75:

There is almost guaranteed to be some attrition before the reveal/commit date so you might be just fine!

Being a realist here I'm sure there is already overflow on that 50 spot LE list so it depends on how far down that list your name is.

Ken

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Kayte told me I'm on the list. So does that mean I will get a game? If the le's are gone then should I assume I'm one of 250 standards? Anyone know anything more about this list and how exactly it might work?

Are you an AMH owner? I would assume that you got in on a regular since the LE's have all been claimed quickly.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I will accept suggestions from pin fans on what they like to see in a game (play mechanics wise) and can adapt. I did swipe an AMH (think it was Bens to be honest) so I know how things should fit together. It has certainly helped.

I would love it if you somehow included the "dragula" vehicle. I don't think Rob would be on board for it being a bash toy, but I do think he'd like it if it were a cover for a scoop (where the ball shoots at the flippers), sort of like the whirlwind cellar. I'm thinking something like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/42v47ujip5vtyfn/dragula_scoop.jpg?dl=0

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside