Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 210.
#2351 4 years ago

I love the smokey Eerie art style on the playfield! The color transition into the witch/moon/graveyard is amazing. If anything is lacking it's the cohesiveness of the toys/plastics/inserts with the playfield. The playfield as s stand alone is a 10. I'm sure the game will be great. Shame I can't justify the purchase at this time. Going to put my "no" in soon. Lame

#2352 4 years ago

+1 for having to see more before making my decision. Like others have already stated, the translite and cabinet are absolutely stunning. In my opinion, the playfield is simply underwhelming. Too much open space and the inserts look tacky. The playfield simply fails to reflect the same level of beauty and polish that the rest of machine just screams. I congratulate Spooky and appreciate the pressure that they are putting on the "big boys". While I was hoping to see the reveal and be able to just "know" that I wanted this one, it IS a major purchase (and of a luxury item, at that). Looking forward to seeing what else we learn this coming week. Bravo, Charlie!

#2353 4 years ago

Has anyone from Europe ordered AMH or this?

#2354 4 years ago

I'm still here.

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Has anyone from Europe ordered AMH or this? And is anyone going to give me the courtesy to answer my fucking questions? I feel like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense. No-one can fucking see me
hello
I'm fucking here.
hello.
I'm fucking here.
hello
I'm fucking here.
hello.
I'm fucking here.
hello
I'm fucking here.
hello.
I'm fucking here.
hello
I'm fucking here.
hello.
I'm fucking here.
hello
I'm fucking here.
hello.
I'm fucking here.

I don't know about everybody else, but I don't want to watch you do that. You should do those things behind closed doors with the lights off...or maybe dimly lit.
But hey, at least you're having a good time.

#2356 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Something to carefully think about............
You are standing next to Charlie at a pinball show.
Would you say to Charlie, ( while looking him in the eye) the game looks cheap, the art sucks, etc.?
If not, then maybe the best thing here is to say, it's not for me, not a theme in into etc.
We all have an opinion, me too.
You have to remember, Charlie put his home and family life at risk to start this company. He has put his blood, sweat,and years into making this work.
He seems to be a very gentle and kind man with a thick skin.
Long story short, think before you pull the trigger. Once you fire it. It can not be pulled back.

I'm not a customer - I don't have the money available to buy NIB so if that colors your opinion of what I'm saying, that's fine.

Getting feedback is an opportunity to improve. If it's constructive, it can only help a business. No argument if it's people just trashing something. Do you work in a capacity that interacts with your workplace's customers? Customer feedback is healthy. It can keep you on track. Some of it is noise, but if there's a common thread or trend in the comments, and it's something you may not have seen on your own but now do, you have the opportunity to do something about it.

Charlie is a pretty cool to talk with and by all means, don't be disrespectful. But if someone is laying down $6,000 on a game, they've put in work too, and I don't see any reason not to share an opinion about a feature or quality of the game.

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Has anyone from Europe ordered AMH or this?

this has been answered many times. Only way to get a pin in europe is for someone to order one in the states, and ship it to europe. Legally Spooky cannot ship directly to europe because of the safety standards.

#2358 4 years ago

The difference is you are always respectful and offer positive ideas and have a point of reference.

You are a professional.

Some here are just dicks.

#2359 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But I wouldn't feel good about flipping it for a profit, not my style.

You just earned my respect with that line if you are true to that statement and don't actually flip it. That is some for the love of pinball stuff right there...

Nothing against spooky as I feel that their tactics are brilliant.

AMH limited to 150. Funky theme but the owners are unknowingly rewarded with first shot at RZLE. RZ capped at 300, everyone thinks "not gonna miss my chance again for spooky #3 LE & the opportunity for easy flip".

RZ sells out instantly with backup list at double.

Watch spooky #3 come out at 600 units and sell out instantly for the same above reasons.

Leaving money on the table so to speak builds strong loyalty & probably will help some others lick their wounds from other failed pin co.'s...

This unrealized gain from people holding onto their spooky pins or realized gains from those who flip will filter right back into spooky's next title after title after title as the company grows and grows...

Exact opposite approach of JJP building 3000 mercedes benz pins....Instead Spooky only makes a few hundred chevy pins and we will be tripping all over ourselves for them for years to come.

That's some brilliant marketing genius shit right there because people are on here talking about a basic 2 ramp, 2 spinny toy pinball machine being worth TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!!

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

You just earned my respect with that line if you are true to that statement and don't actually flip it. That is some for the love of pinball stuff right there...
Nothing against spooky as I feel that their tactics are brilliant.
AMH limited to 150. Funky theme but the owners are unknowingly rewarded with first shot at RZLE. RZ capped at 300, everyone thinks "not gonna miss my chance again for spooky #3 LE & the opportunity for easy flip".
RZ sells out instantly with backup list at double.
Watch spooky #3 come out at 600 units and sell out instantly for the same above reasons.
Leaving money on the table so to speak builds strong loyalty & probably will help some others lick their wounds from other failed pin co.'s...
This unrealized gain from people holding onto their spooky pins or realized gains from those who flip will filter right back into spooky's next title after title after title as the company grows and grows...
Exact opposite approach of JJP building 3000 mercedes benz pins....Instead Spooky only makes a few hundred chevy pins and we will be tripping all over ourselves for them for years to come.
That's some brilliant marketing genius shit right there because people are on here talking about a basic 2 ramp, 2 spinny toy pinball machine being worth TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!!

Does the rob zombie pin have one ramp or two. .? I thought one ?

#2361 4 years ago

One ramp champ

#2362 4 years ago

Does anyone think that the LE backglass art would look killer on the playfield? Just a thought

#2363 4 years ago

Let me ask a simple question: if Stern or JJP presented playfield art like this what would the reaction be?

Aurich is 100% spot on here. Charlie should pull a Jack and fix this art before production. It's easy to change plastics and mirror blades, but playfield art is forever.

edit: I think pinside is all trying to help. This feels just like a JJP / Hobbit situation. But in this case Charlie is so much further along than Jack was. Just a few changes and it would be perfect.
I also see Charlie's dilemma. Heck the pin is sold out. Robs approved it. He may not want to go back to rob and ask for another round of approvals. But it sounds like Rob loves being involved and making it the best pin ever so Rob should know this is the new reality of making pinball. Customer feedback can bring about positive change before it's too late.

Not sure how this will turn out, but I'm just happy we have an honest share out going on. Have to admit I was terrified to say anything about the playfield yesterday or suffer the mobs vitriol.

#2364 4 years ago

I like the playfeild the way it is but to each there own.

#2365 4 years ago

Can't wait for some gameplay vid. Pretty much like everything about this pin except for the playfield areas that appear murky/muddy. Might look better in person. Otherwise, it looks to have shaped up nicely imo.

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I would feel douchey doing it. Just listing it on Pinside for what? $7k? I dunno, whatever, more than I paid for it, while other people are still waiting for theirs? I don't mind listing a pin for more after I put work into it, but that's different.

Look, it's just playfield art. Spooky has my utter respect no matter what happens. If Charlie said "you know, you guys might be onto something, we want this to be the best we can, we're going to give it some thought" I'd be stoked. But it's his game, and his company, and he'll sell out no matter what, so I have no worries about him. And if I don't get it life will go on, there are lots of great pins out there I haven't owned.

I just have a funny personal connection to this one, and I can't help but want the best for it is all.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would feel douchey doing it. Just listing it on Pinside for what? $7k? I dunno, whatever, more than I paid for it, while other people are still waiting for theirs? I don't mind listing a pin for more after I put work into it, but that's different.
Look, it's just playfield art. Spooky has my utter respect no matter what happens. If Charlie said "you know, you guys might be onto something, we want this to be the best we can, we're going to give it some thought" I'd be stoked. But it's his game, and his company, and he'll sell out no matter what, so I have no worries about him. And if I don't get it life will go on, there are lots of great pins out there I haven't owned.
I just have a funny personal connection to this one, and I can't help but want the best for it is all.

Have you had a chance to listen to the podcast? Sounds like there is alot more to the shots then meets the eye.
Looking forward to the gameplay video.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-209-such-a-spooky-friday-or-charlies-favorite-zombie_65812

#2368 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The game is done, people are buying it, what's the point of torturing Charlie by asking him to do things to his game that he's finished and presented?

Aurich, remember yesterday when you said this?

#2369 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Then you'll be really shocked when these trade for $20k in 2 or 3 years supply/demand and theme. To date no pinball machine made in this quantity like it.
It will not be sold among pinball collectors much I believe.
This has the making of a highly collectible game. Theme, music, art, color DMD, code. Limited production. Most if not all games sold to pinball people, never had the chance to get publicity to the Just the Rob Zombie fans.

I'm still waiting for my X-Men to hit $10k by Christmas. This is Christmas #4 coming up, doesn't look like it's going to hit this year.

#2370 4 years ago

I don't know a thing about art. What's good what's not. IMO,
The playfield art is fine.
Besides, you don't play the art.
I will go back to acdc. The art is nothing great. But the game is completly awesome in every way.

#2371 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Aurich, remember yesterday when you said this?

That was yesterday Aurich!

(To be fair, the art is something that could be changed, the playfield I wouldn't expect to be. But point taken.)

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Has anyone from Europe ordered AMH or this? And is anyone going to give me the courtesy to answer my fucking questions? I feel like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense. No-one can fucking see me
hello

Love the Brits when they get angry
You got a PM so we all expected you got an answer

Short answer is "No, you can't. Spooky won't / can't sell to you."
Longer answer:
you can still find a friend in the US buying it for you. Then buy it second hand from him... and pray the customs won't stop it. Gamble.
From what I know there are a few AMH in Europe.

#2373 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dude give it a rest, no one cares. Don't you have better things to do in life than post 75+ times in 48 hours about a game you might not even buy? Seriously?

#2374 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Have you had a chance to listen to the podcast? Sounds like there is alot more to the shots then meets the eye.
Looking forward to the gameplay video.
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-209-such-a-spooky-friday-or-charlies-favorite-zombie_65812

Yes, listened to it today. I don't do podcasts much as a rule, but any time I listen to Nate's it's great. Had the pleasure of meeting him at Expo this year, so I could look the man who trolled me during that Spooky presentation in the eye.

I really want to see the gameplay video, I'm really curious to see the game in action. As I said earlier, when Charlie and I first talked I was really going at it from the angle of "you need an autolauncher, you need a mode shot, you need this and that". And I probably came off like a dick, and we just didn't see eye to eye. Later Charlie admitted I had to some good points, and now I'm publicly saying that he was right too, and we need more randomness, more evil, and less fan flow flow flow.

Charlie, I apologize for speaking for you, but you told me once that this was your game, that you wanted to do it your way, and if you failed then you failed on the merits of your own ideas. I think I told you that I respected that, and if I didn't I'm telling you now, I respect that a lot.

I'm stubborn, and a control freak. I'm a pretty nice guy I think, and I try and not hold onto those attributes too strongly, but I'd be the first person to admit that they are there. And sometimes they're great things to guide you. And sometimes you gotta let go, listen to the people who want the best for you, and be willing to try things.

I mean no offense to Charlie. He's a legend in pinball already to me, who the hell else has done what he has? I feel the same way about Ben. AMH wasn't perfect, he knows it, but damn, he built a f—king pinball. That's amazing. I'd love to say I've done it, but I haven't even finished *helping* make one yet.

So when I speak about things here know that in some ways I'm speaking to myself. Pinside is a sounding board for me, writing out my thoughts helps me clarify them, and the feedback I get informs them. But I also just wanted to say to Charlie, look, people are loving what you did, and you're amazing. But I think there's a flaw that could use some attention, and if you were willing to hear that I think it would be in your best interests. You don't have to do it my way, or let me help you, or anything else (though I would), but just maybe hear me out, and be willing to try and make something you worked on so hard better.

I could write that in an email to him, but I don't think it would work. So I decided that being quiet about how I felt was doing no one any favors, and I wrote it out. You might be surprised how many people feel similarly, but didn't want to say anything.

I think I'm done with it, probably was a stupid idea. But I felt like trying, because otherwise I was just writing posts in my head, and I had to get it out.

If you didn't read this far I don't blame you, but I mean every word.

#2375 4 years ago

Clearly not. 17k posts in 3 years is about 17 posts per day on average.

#2376 4 years ago

We should rename this thread to Aurich's thoughts on Spooky's new pin

#2377 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

We should rename this thread to Aurich's thoughts on Spooky's new pin

For sure. How many fucking times do we need to hear how he's on the fence blah blah blah. Time to put the keyboard away for the day.

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

For sure. How many fucking times do we need to hear how he's on the fence blah blah blah. Time to put the keyboard away for the day.

I've been told 17.

Just skip reading and responding to me if you don't care, I sure skip over posts that bore me. What's with all the nannies in this thread?

#2379 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've been told 17.
Just skip reading and responding to me if you don't care, I sure skip over posts that bore me. What's with all the nannies in this thread?

Rude video removed by Pinside Staff

#2380 4 years ago

I felt like the alien artwork for the cab was a big letdown after all the hype and was uninspired and very photo shopped; not sure what is wrong with the zombie stuff; cabinet wise the art is much better then alien; have not seen the playfield art on alien yet, but hoping it is much better then the cabinet art.

#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

You clearly don't own a Tron

There was no Tron LE translite. All Trons initially had the 3D translite. Only the later run ones had Clu or Girls cuz they ran out of 3D ones.

#2382 4 years ago

Hey in the end not everyone will be pleased and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we all like different things and we all have favorite games that not everyone will see eye to eye with us.

#2383 4 years ago

I seem to be one of the few that think the playfield art really matches the game. Everything about this game is different - and to me, if you turn off the lights and am this game, I think it will look something like a barren haunted landscape with some awesome toys here and there.

I have Metallica. I don't need another playfield just like it. Donny already did that. This pushes the boundaries in a different direction, and I have a hunch it will look amazing in person in the dark.

Watch the first 10 seconds of the video and see how Rob's face really pops, and I think it all fits.

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hey in the end not everyone will be pleased and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we all like different things and we all have favorite games that not everyone will see eye to eye with us.

every time I see your avatar I think how epic a 2 the extreme cool as ice pin would be...Someone needs to retheme a full throttle to this...

sorry bout the ot...this threads a little off course anyhow

#2385 4 years ago

I would love a cool as ice pinball; great movie

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I seem to be one of the few that think the playfield art really matches the game. Everything about this game is different - and to me, if you turn off the lights and am this game, I think it will look something like a barren haunted landscape with some awesome toys here and there.
I have Metallica. I don't need another playfield just like it. Donny already did that. This pushes the boundaries in a different direction, and I have a hunch it will look amazing in person in the dark.
Watch the first 10 seconds of the video and see how Rob's face really pops, and I think it all fits.

I was initially not feeling the playfield art, but it has really grown on me, and I feel for it in a similar way you so. The barren-ness just fits. I tried to picture more stuff on there and it just seems wrong, especially considering how chaotic the gameplay on top of that field will be.

#2387 4 years ago

I keep watching the video and evreytime i pick up more on the playfeild. The way it turns blue infront of the center targets and has the shadows of what look like tombstones and the knife pictures on the center targets inserts. Also the electricty or blood around the groups of shot inserts and even the blood dripping down off the inlane/outlane "CHOP" inserts.

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

One ramp champ

On a side not note many games with one ramp are fun, ok with no fan layout but like ramps in pins for the most part. Old games in the past had ones ramps but today's games need more. I still hope the game is a home run.

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

On a side not note many games with one ramp are fun, ok with no fan layout but like ramps in pins for the most part. Old games in the past had ones ramps but today's games need more. I still hope the game is a home run.

People seem to think TSPP is a great game. One ramp...one VUK to a mini playfield...same as RZ. But RZ's left orbit can go to one of three places, going to the upper playfield, or into a Rudy's hideout sort of area that can start a mode , or out another orbit (more specifics in the podcast). I believe I also heard the robot can follow the ball, which I always find to be a neat feature. It sounds like this machine really has a lot more going on than meets the eye or has been revealed yet (dots, callouts etc.), and to have what sounds like the best skill shot in all of pinball (and spaced out pops/extra slings), there needs to be a bit less going on in some parts of the playfield.

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

People seem to think TSPP is a great game. One ramp...one VUK to a mini playfield...same as RZ. But RZ's left orbit can go to one of three places, going to the upper playfield, or into a Rudy's hideout sort of area that can start a mode , or out another orbit (more specifics in the podcast). I believe I also heard the robot can follow the ball, which I always find to be a neat feature. It sounds like this machine really has a lot more going on than meets the eye or has been revealed yet (dots, callouts etc.), and to have what sounds like the best skill shot in all of pinball (and spaced out pops/extra slings), there needs to be a bit less going on in some parts of the playfield.

Did you really compare it to tspp ? That is one of the most loaded pins of all time and while its not my cup of tea I dont think the rz pin is anywhere near the level of tspp as far as toys/features ?

#2391 4 years ago

So, it is clear the p/f has created mixed opinions. When you have spent so long creating something it is difficult to hear negative feedback.

As the game is for all intents and purposes done, I was thinking of any minor changes that could make a big difference. In a way this is a sample game and for example Gottlieb's sample games would have different inserts to the production game so not uncommon to tweak inserts.

For me the biggest issue is the inserts are just too 'cartoony' and don't mirror the rest of the p/f.

This area would be easiest to change ? Colors and fonts?

Would be interesting to see some photoshop mock up's of say how they would look, just in black/white?? At the moment the inserts kind of jump out and maybe they would look better being more subdued?

Of course in the game they will be lit so there wouldn't be a problem seeing them?

Anyway this is meant as constructive feedback as simplest area to tweak and I think the overall appearance of the p/f would improve.

Thoughts??? !

20.jpg

#2392 4 years ago

And here is another perspective.

If you took the playfield art by itself, framed it on a canvas, on a wall, I suspect ratings would be much higher.

So, can anyone pique my curiosity by photoshopping the inserts so they are red with a black script/writing??

To me the inserts are more akin to something found on bubblegum/sweet wrappers than this edgy, dark theme warrants.

Anyway as ever this is just an opinion but would like to test it out by seeing a photo shop version as no substitute for seeing another version.

#2393 4 years ago

There's no way this is changing. 300 being made: 150 are gone already, 600 people on the wait list and there's many more people asking now that it's on the Rob Zombie website. Even if no one else put money down before the cut-off in a week's time, they could still sell the remainder during 2016 as the game started making its way out across the country.

If they changed it now the people who have signed up based on the current playfield might complain that they liked the old version better.

The current inserts do kind of match with the cartoony nature of the toys in the upper playfield.

#2394 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, listened to it today. I don't do podcasts much as a rule, but any time I listen to Nate's it's great. Had the pleasure of meeting him at Expo this year, so I could look the man who trolled me during that Spooky presentation in the eye.
I really want to see the gameplay video, I'm really curious to see the game in action. As I said earlier, when Charlie and I first talked I was really going at it from the angle of "you need an autolauncher, you need a mode shot, you need this and that". And I probably came off like a dick, and we just didn't see eye to eye. Later Charlie admitted I had to some good points, and now I'm publicly saying that he was right too, and we need more randomness, more evil, and less fan flow flow flow.
Charlie, I apologize for speaking for you, but you told me once that this was your game, that you wanted to do it your way, and if you failed then you failed on the merits of your own ideas. I think I told you that I respected that, and if I didn't I'm telling you now, I respect that a lot.
I'm stubborn, and a control freak. I'm a pretty nice guy I think, and I try and not hold onto those attributes too strongly, but I'd be the first person to admit that they are there. And sometimes they're great things to guide you. And sometimes you gotta let go, listen to the people who want the best for you, and be willing to try things.
I mean no offense to Charlie. He's a legend in pinball already to me, who the hell else has done what he has? I feel the same way about Ben. AMH wasn't perfect, he knows it, but damn, he built a f—king pinball. That's amazing. I'd love to say I've done it, but I haven't even finished *helping* make one yet.
So when I speak about things here know that in some ways I'm speaking to myself. Pinside is a sounding board for me, writing out my thoughts helps me clarify them, and the feedback I get informs them. But I also just wanted to say to Charlie, look, people are loving what you did, and you're amazing. But I think there's a flaw that could use some attention, and if you were willing to hear that I think it would be in your best interests. You don't have to do it my way, or let me help you, or anything else (though I would), but just maybe hear me out, and be willing to try and make something you worked on so hard better.
I could write that in an email to him, but I don't think it would work. So I decided that being quiet about how I felt was doing no one any favors, and I wrote it out. You might be surprised how many people feel similarly, but didn't want to say anything.
I think I'm done with it, probably was a stupid idea. But I felt like trying, because otherwise I was just writing posts in my head, and I had to get it out.
If you didn't read this far I don't blame you, but I mean every word.

Aurich, you're a great guy. I know we've had our differences. But I went up at Expo just to say hi because I absolutely respect you as a person and a designer. And you have to be stoked about designing a pinball machine. That's a dream come true. So it's with 100% love that I say this: stop offering design help to the competition. Design feedback is fine. Everything you said in this thread was fine UNTIL you offered Charlie to help fix his playfield art problems.

You work for the competition. Plain and simple. You were up on stage with Andrew and Heighway...That is your team. That should be your family man. I get it, you love pinball and want to chime in. And believe me, you should. But when you offer to help "fix" it for someone, that is 1000000% wrong. Stay true to the guy who's cutting you checks and know where that line is. You normally do. But this time it just feels like you're saying stuff to make yourself look better, but in reality, you're just acting like a fanboy with no loyalty at all. And look, the most admirable quality in a man is trust. And if I were Andrew, I would be like, "What the fuck are you doing offering to help design Charlie's game?" Andrew is the nicest guy and may be letting this slide, but you have great potential to be an asset long term in pinball making, but when you sign on with a team, act like a pro and show them some respect. Enough of this "love of pinball" bullshit people. These are companies competing for dollars. Real money to survive and grow.

Still love you Aurich and I know you'll agree on some level.

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

There's no way this is changing. 300 being made: 150 are gone already, 600 people on the wait list and there's many more people asking now that it's on the Rob Zombie website. Even if no one else put money down before the cut-off in a week's time, they could still sell the remainder during 2016 as the game started making its way out across the country.
If they changed it now the people who have signed up based on the current playfield might complain that they liked the old version better.
The current inserts do kind of match with the cartoony nature of the toys in the upper playfield.

Agree the game is sold out.

But throughout pinball history sample games were usually different to production games - mostly small differences.

That is why I mentioned the inserts as many have commented that they look out of place and it would be simple to tweak them.

Every product is constantly tweaked, modified so being open to customer feedback is paramount to good business practice. Just need to drop the ego and see if feedback adds to the product design or not.

I have not heard anyone say they LOVE the inserts so surely that says something? More like that people are trying to justify that they look ok, they can live with them etc.

And the reason I am focusing on them is that they CAN be tweaked if a better version is envisaged.

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But throughout pinball history sample games were usually different to production games - mostly small differences.

But the difference is that throughout history they made changes in the hope they could sell as many as possible. Here it's only 300. And change or not, it will still sell out.

I noticed Rob Zombie had posted it on his own homepage. What if a Rob Zombie fan sees it and wants one?

#2397 4 years ago

There seems to be his trend developing on Pinside whereby everyone expects EVERY game to be their perfect game in every way. If it lets them down in someway, it's pitchforks. Pinball is littered with 100's of examples of less than perfect games. Not every game can be perfect to everyone.

As long as the game is good enough to warrant its production then it's good for pinball.

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There seems to be his trend developing on Pinside whereby everyone expects EVERY game to be their perfect game in every way.

I don't think that's true at all. There was never a chance I was going to be in on this game. The theme doesn't appeal to me on any level. That said, I think the playfield art is a valid criticism. Despite the quality of the images, the overall package doesn't have that classic look and feel of pinball art, and the insert placement and font choice looks haphazard and amateurish. As has been said; They will sell every one of the 300 as it is, so they won't need to change anything.

However, I hope these criticisms will help Spooky on #3. Eventually, they're going to have to turn out games that don't look home made. This one certainly lacks polish and cohesiveness from a graphics design standpoint.

#2399 4 years ago

All I ask for Christmas is that those who don't like RZ just hop off the list so that it reaches me. I'll even let you come over and play it just to have some fun and get it out of your system.

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I don't think that's true at all. There was never a chance I was going to be in on this game. The theme doesn't appeal to me on any level. That said, I think the playfield art is a valid criticism. Despite the quality of the images, the overall package doesn't have that classic look and feel of pinball art, and the insert placement and font choice looks haphazard and amateurish. As has been said; They will sell every one of the 300 as it is, so they won't need to change anything.
However, I hope these criticisms will help Spooky on #3. Eventually, they're going to have to turn out games that don't look home made. This one certainly lacks polish and cohesiveness from a graphics design standpoint.

They certainly won't need to change, but it would be great if they did. We had certain expectations based on the backglass reveal.
This is still a $6000 game and the toys and ramps are minimal, less than a striped down stern pro. There needs to be some really good art to fill the void in the middle. As of now, it's the opposite.

What it basically comes down to is we just want it to be consistent with the cab and backglass. We want a masterpiece all around. No one is asking for more ramps or flying dragons, just basic art to make me feel like I didn't just spend 6k on something I could design better.

I just hope they listen to feedback and fix the playfield even though they don't "need" to. It would make me appreciate my purchase so much more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside