2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 223.
#2251 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I feel like I'm the only person on the list waiting to see the gameplay before deciding.

You're the only one I've seen so far. Everyone else was all in the second they saw that reveal video. Seems like there are a lot of people out there who are afraid to back out because they feel they will be losing the right to say they are still a part of this exclusive club.

#2252 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I was simply trying to prove a point. I'm just saying that not everything can be happy and uplifting all the time. No matter what game comes out, there will always be naysayers.

Spooky#3 looks to be interesting in a biz-model perspective. Kinda like Mustang.
I personally think Zombie kicks ass. If I had the room; and a place in the line - I'd probably order this hands down based upon what I've seen to date. The price is reasonable... the Art is awesome... and Spooky is Innovating unlike the other major player.

Well done Charlie, Ben, and the whole rest of the Spooky Crew. Here's to many more successes in your future.

#2253 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

With so many choices coming up, if people are not into it be nice and let someone else have a chance.

When you think about it, there really aren't THAT many choices coming up. Which is another reason people are so loopy over this machine. We live in a time where there is still really only one major manufacturer out there, so as soon as a game is announced, everyone goes into a frenzy.

I just feel like paying $6k just because something is new is a bit steep.

#2254 8 years ago
#2255 8 years ago
#2256 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I was simply trying to prove a point. I'm just saying that not everything can be happy and uplifting all the time. No matter what game comes out, there will always be naysayers.
Such is life.

You're missing the point...you are exactly right in that life in general isn't happy and uplifting all the time. In this day and age we are all dealing with crap in real life. So we come here to escape that for a little positive energy about a new game that many are excited for. But then there are those who aren't even invested or interested in the game who want to knock it down. For what reason? What does "I wouldn't pay 6k for that" add to the conversation? I'm invested for an LE but I'm not 100% happy with the game and I've listed some suggestions. But in a positive manner.

#2257 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I was simply trying to prove a point.

We've heard your point. What YOU'RE forgetting is that we're all adults here. We make our own money. We make our own decisions. You've made yours as well, and no one is trying to convince you that your decision is wrong. Now, leave us be. If you have something constructive to say, so be it, but I've yet to see anything but negativity without any suggestions on how to make it better.

#2258 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm invested for an LE

Charlie said nuthin bout a 'prospectus ' coming with each purchase. Am i getting ripped off? Should I be filing a complaint with the SEC?

#2259 8 years ago

I wish there was more synergy between the mode inserts and the playfield art. Like the inserts being grave markers, or part of of the grave itself, rather than colorful logos on somber/grey background.

Looks fun though.

#2260 8 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I wish there was more synergy between the mode inserts and the playfield art. Like the inserts being grave markers, or part of of the grave itself, rather than colorful logos on somber/grey background.
Looks fun though.

Yep - in the other RZ "best art ever" thread, I said I would have liked the center of the playfield an entire cemetery. Then each mode insert becomes an individual gravestone within the cemetery. You know - an old cemetery with broken headstones, fallen rotting trees, moss, fog and shit. Then some zombies, decomposing corpses, werewolf, whatever sprinkled in on the perimeter.

But if it stays the same, I'm cool, whatever - I don't just love the playfield on TWD or ST either, but both are on my short list of favorite games. In the end, the music, callouts and gameplay are more important to me personally.

#2261 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I feel like I'm the only person on the list waiting to see the gameplay before deciding.
I'm really torn here.
When Charlie and I first talked about this game we really weren't seeing eye to eye on it. Later he admitted that I was right about some things. Charlie, I want to say the same thing back to you, I've been getting tired of fan layouts, I've been buying 1980/81 Ballys, and really getting into the more random games, the more brutal ones. I get what you're saying. You came a little my way, I've come a little yours, maybe we're closer than we thought.
Flying out to Wisconsin next week isn't happening, but I wish I was close enough to play it.
Some people might remember my old thread where I pitched a Rob Zombie game. I even called it Rob Zombie's Spookhouse. I wanted Rob and Sherri to be the narrators of a horror game, with his music behind it. I mean, aside from building it my damn self could I have asked for a closer take on it than what Spooky did?
I'm not hesitating because of pre-order drama or anything, Spooky has proven they can get the job done. Your money is safe with them, utterly confident of that.
And yet somehow I'm just not all in here.
And it comes down to the art, which I care about a lot.
The cabinet looks great. It's like Rob Zombie meets Warhammer 40k. Love that there's no lettering on it too, I don't need that. The Bally games that I love with bad ass stencils don't have it either. Mystic is one of my favorite cabinets of all time. 3 colors, no words.
The translite is tougher. And it's because the LE one is so superior to the standard. It matches the cabinet better, it's got better colors, composition, action, theme, everything. I'm on the list, but not for the LE, and after seeing it I kinda hate to settle. That's life, tough cookie, but I have to admit it's hard to shake. And part of that is the playfield, and that second translite.
Because the playfield is just not there for me. To be blunt, it's really heartbreaking how much I can't get into it. And I think about how much time must have been spent doing two translites, for only 300 games, and then I see the playfield and it depresses me.
I've seriously been in a kind of shitty mood since 9am yesterday, because it's just disappointed me so much. It's like all this amazing effort went into all the parts of the game except what matters to me the most. The plastics feel like an afterthought. I kind of can't believe Rob approved them, he's a graphic designer. The inserts don't work for me, the whole thing just doesn't feel anything like the rest of the amazing work.
Anyways, I don't want to get all negative here. But it's kinda bumming me out, and right now I just don't know that I'll stay in. Will take the weekend to mull it over, and hopefully watching the gameplay video will give me some kind of closure one way or another. Gameplay is important! But for me it's all important.

Dude... Buy it... Then:
1. Get the LE Translite separately
2. Make us an alt set of plastics. You know we'll buy

#2262 8 years ago

I apologize if this has been asked but if i send deposit is it possible the playfield art might get adjusted/improved a little? Not a deal breaker for me just curious

#2263 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm waiting for the gameplay video also. I'm hoping that once I see and hear it in action, that everything will mesh together for me. I was also hoping that there would be some Stern type reveal playfield photos.

#2264 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

To be blunt, it's really heartbreaking how much I can't get into it. And I think about how much time must have been spent doing two translites, for only 300 games, and then I see the playfield and it depresses me.

You have no idea how depressed I am and heartbroken... that a pinball machine is capable of leaving you heartbroken, and depressed.

I get it man... you're not thrilled. Don't buy it, it's only a toy you play in your free time. It it's not for you, that's perfectly fine... stop thinking about how sad you are, close the Pinside window, and do something productive that makes you happy.

#2265 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Good luck with that. Making the LE translite available separately would defeat the purpose of the LE.

That said, if it's possible, I'm in.

#2266 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Such is life.

You clearly don't own a Tron

#2267 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Good luck with that. Making the LE translite available separately would defeat the purpose of the LE.
That said, if it's possible, I'm in.

Lotza folks with Tron Pro have LE translites now ( those bastards )

#2268 8 years ago

So, I just listerd to the podcast and it's friggin impossible to not like Charlie......The guy is so likeable and passionate, you just want him to see him succeed! I am in!! Charlie the check is in the mail!!! I was not about to give PayPal shit, you guys deserve every penny!

#2269 8 years ago

Hi Charlie,

I just wanted to say "Thank you" for putting all your & your teams' time into making this possible. The first concert I took my (soon to be wife at the time) was White Zombie back around 1995/6ish. This will be the 1 pin that I'll actually be able to share a sentimental value with her. We've been together for 20 years now & this a is fun & enjoyable way to bring back some memories for us.

Thanks again. You da man

#2270 8 years ago

So is anyone from UK/Europe buying this? Did they for AMH? Any issues (e.g. being impounded because it doesn't have CE/electrical paperwork for Europe)?

Is Spooky refusing to sell to non-North Americans?

Cheers guys, someone, anyone ... Any help/info appreciated!

#2271 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don't just love the playfield on TWD or ST either, but both are on my short list of favorite games.

To me the difference is they don't feel unfinished. RZ literally looks like they ran out of time and just called it done. There's almost no actual art there. Rob's head, a witch, and ... a big floating tombstone, that doesn't integrate into anything. Ben added some blood splotches or it would be even more bare, but the blood and insert text look like AMH, not RZ. They don't match the feel of the game at all, and they're not integrated into the art in any way.

Look at that cabinet art! Look at the LE translite! So much love and attention to detail. And it's like no one cared about the playfield.

And the plastics look like a total afterthought. Did Alex make those? Look at the slingshots and lane guides, the showcase plastics. Could be Rob on one, Sherri on the other, or any other great mix of awesome art. Instead they're kinda muddy blurs with some bats.

I have to admit, it kind of baffles me. And I'm finding it hard to get over when it comes to putting my money down, as much as I love the other parts.

Quoted from labnip:

Dude... Buy it... Then:
2. Make us an alt set of plastics. You know we'll buy

1. If that was an option I'd be stoked. I doubt it is, that's why it's an LE. (I really dislike that there's an LE on a run of 300 games, but that's Spooky's business not mine.) The LE translite is awesome, so much better, and such a better match for the cabinet art.

2. Plastics could be fixed. But it wouldn't change the playfield. And doesn't it seem kinda lame to buy a game with incredible Alex Horley art, just to strip it, scan all the plastics, draw new ones, and then have them printed and cut?

#2272 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I get it man... you're not thrilled. Don't buy it, it's only a toy you play in your free time. It it's not for you, that's perfectly fine... stop thinking about how sad you are, close the Pinside window, and do something productive that makes you happy.

You're totally right of course. And you know I respect you a ton, and I hate to be negative. I'm just having trouble shaking it because I really wanted to be in on this. It's such a great idea, and you guys did so much right.

I'm still thinking about it. I know you'll have no trouble selling my spot if I give it up.

#2273 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

1. If that was an option I'd be stoked. I doubt it is, that's why it's an LE. (I really dislike that there's an LE on a run of 300 games, but that's Spooky's business not mine.) The LE translite is awesome, so much better, and such a better match for the cabinet art.
2. Plastics could be fixed. But it wouldn't change the playfield. And doesn't it seem kinda lame to buy a game with incredible Alex Horley art, just to strip it, scan all the plastics, draw new ones, and then have them printed and cut?

1. Anything is possible
2. Make us a playfield overlay, like on acdc

This is a kickbutt pin screaming to have the icing on the cake.

#2274 8 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Charlie said nuthin bout a 'prospectus ' coming with each purchase. Am i getting ripped off? Should I be filing a complaint with the SEC?

Reading is fundamental

"Invest"
informal
buy (something) whose usefulness will repay the cost.
synonyms: purchase, buy, procure
"they invested in a new car"

#2275 8 years ago

Get the pin Aurich. Play the crap out of it. If you don't like it then sell it. No brainer.

You can never truly appreciate a pin until you get it in home and get a few hundred games on it.

I just left Pinballz in Austin. As usual, bad lighting but got to have fun playing some new and old pins.

TWD pro was horrendously set up. Terrible level.

Walking around looking at a 100 or so pinball machines, you can nit pick all of them to death.

I'd say RZ stacks up damn well by comparison. ST and Tron play field art is atrocious.

#2276 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're totally right of course. And you know I respect you a ton, and I hate to be negative. I'm just having trouble shaking it because I really wanted to be in on this. It's such a great idea, and you guys did so much right.
I'm still thinking about it. I know you'll have no trouble selling my spot if I give it up.

Wait till the game play is showed. After what charlie said on pod cast about how it plays makes very happy I like how its going be different than other pins. The art might not be perfect all around but i still think dame good def best cabinet art i have seen on a pin

#2277 8 years ago

As for the playfield artwork I had the first initial impression as Aurich. The playfield art just doesn't translate well to the cabinet. It's definitely two different styles. I wish it were more integrated like Centaur. But it's a Centaur cabinet with an AMH playfield if I'm perfectly honest. Nothing wrong with either by themselves but the playfield art does look out of place with the cabinet. It's not near as dark or brooding. Now after watching the video over and over the playfield art doesnt bother me as much....but it could have been so much more so I get the disappointments.

#2278 8 years ago

I really like almost everything I see but I'm still on the fence until I see a gameplay video. The art first and foremost is incredible! Yes, the playfield isn't as well done as the cabinet/translite but it's still cool and dark and unlike anything we've seen before. I'm a huge fan of Rob's movies even to the point that my Fantasy Football team name has been "The Devil's Rejects" since the movie came out. I've seen all his movies a bunch of times and dig his music as well. I'm sure the voicework will be incredible and hilarious and bring a lot of enjoyment to the game.-It's got Captain F'n Spaulding for cripes sake! The only part that's holding me back is the layout (and not knowing the rule-set)... I played Pinball Zombies at MGC a few years back and just wasn't feeling it at all.-and the new layout really doesn't look that much different. And no, it's not just because it's not a flowy fan layout. I've owned quite a few classic games in my line-up with varied layouts such as Centaur, Flash Gordon, Paragon, Dolly Parton, and Black Hole. I appreciate seeing something different than the norm. But at the same time there's not really that one target or feature that sets it apart. I do enjoy the pop bumper randomness which reminds me of my Black Hole but I really wish there were some spinners to rip, or inline drop target banks, or vari-targets or even some cool ball-save gates/mechanisms. It just doesn't seem like there's much to shoot for. -the upper playfield seems really barren as well. With that being said I could be totally wrong but won't know until I play it. I honestly think the original proto at MGC just has me a little spooked (no pun intended) since this doesn't really seem all that much different.

Since I love almost everything about the game (albeit not sure on layout and code) I'm leaning towards staying in and rolling the dice. It's not like I have to keep the game if I end up not liking the gameplay. That's just a gamble you have to take when you can't play a game before buying.- Although I do live only about an hour from Spooky World Headquarters and would love an opportunity to play one before committing I also own a tripod and video camera and could help out with a gameplay video for others if need be?

#2279 8 years ago

Piss on all the haters out there this game looks epic and my wife and I are true zombie fans since way back in the day before when white zombie kicked ass; the spooky team stepped up big time and to all the haters well you know what you can do
Spooky rocks

#2280 8 years ago

I am guessing playfield art is much harder to do right than cabinet.

Look at GOT p/f - pretty awful.

The only Stern game of late that has great p/f art is Metallica.

#2281 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Piss on all the haters out there this game looks epic and my wife and I are true zombie fans since way back in the day before when white zombie kicked ass; the spooky team stepped up big time and to all the haters well you know what you can do
Spooky rocks

Spooky does rock for sure. 100%

But constructive criticism is something that helps businesses evolve.

There don't seem to be many 'haters' on this thread to be fair.

#2282 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know you aren't alone as I'm waiting to see the game play. I was really hoping to play it in Chicago before having to decide to be in or out. I really love what they have done with the art and the theme is very cool. But I buy the machines to play the game, so the biggest factor for me is now something I can't play before I decide. Listening the Nate and Charlie discuss it on the podcast was very helpful. But the best thing will be game play video. It really surprises me that they didn't get Jack to live stream during the decision period, maybe he was unavailable. That would have been by far the next best thing to playing it myself, and wish that could happen. I thought his live stream of AMH was great, and I've had my game for a couple months now. So I look forward to Charlie posting some more game play on Monday or Tuesday. Pretty sure that will push me to send in my check, but I really need to see more game play first. A rule sheet would be really nice too.

#2283 8 years ago

The more I watch the video and look at the photos the more I like this game. I think it will grow on everyone. It's a no brainer to be in on this. I don't like most Stern games since they look cookie cutter. FG=Shrek is a perfect example. Same freaking game. I am glad I got in on this.

Now with the photos and the video, I take it that's the Std. edition since there is no armour. So, what does the LE look like or have we not seen that yet?

This game will look great next to my ACDC Premium and the upper right playfield is no worse that the lower playfield in ACDC.

#2284 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I played Pinball Zombies at MGC a few years back and just wasn't feeling it at all.-and the new layout really doesn't look that much different

Well to compare:
pzfbtg_vs_rz.jpgpzfbtg_vs_rz.jpg

There's an added drop target behind the robot, a target removed under the upper playfield to make room for an extra lane, the standup target to the left of the middle ramp is wider (making the shot tougher), and the guide rails on the upper playfield have been removed and a post added, and of course a ton of toys have been added (especially the rotating Spaulding). Even these little things can completely change the way a game plays, and Charlie wouldn't release anything unless it played good. I'm honestly still on the fence and I'm not really sure why. I must have watched the promo video a dozen times in the last day.

#2285 8 years ago

They also removed the ball lock which changed the game play significantly, for the better, per Charlie

#2286 8 years ago

Interesting comparison.

I prefer the insert grid on the original.

Also like the lightning bolts as they add dynamism and movement and make things look less static.

Anyway, looking forward to gameplay video

#2287 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I don't like most Stern games since they look cookie cutter. FG=Shrek is a perfect example. Same freaking game.

Uh. They literally are the same game, you can even swap the ROMs. It was just a retheme. That's kind of a terrible example. But yes, Stern games tend to look like "Stern games".

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I am guessing playfield art is much harder to do right than cabinet.

Cabinet and translite are just posters for the most part. Billboards, signs, whatever. You have a shape, and you get to fill it with art. It's a familiar thing to just about any artist.

Playfields are definitely trickier.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm honestly still on the fence and I'm not really sure why. I must have watched the promo video a dozen times in the last day.

At least I'm not alone.

#2288 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

his game looks epic and my wife and I are true zombie fans since way back in the day before when white zombie kicked ass

This sums up everything. 300 being made which fits perfect with the niche pin it is. If you're on the fence then you probably don't have the deep connection like myself and the quote above. If you have to anguish so muck over it than I would say it may not be your thing. Let it go to someone in line with the connection.

#2289 8 years ago

Not to invalidate anyones opinion, because its all subjective...but the over-think-a-tron is strong here, as it always is with a new pin where there are only pictures, big interest and a forum to spin around a little information a lot. People shredded Star Trek when it was revealed....I remember AMH getting ripped apart pretty good with similar 'empty play field' issues and then people started playing it and the word of mouth was phenominal. Look at GoT - just ripped apart on reveal...and I mean S H R E D D E D. People are playing it now and suddenly the reports are that its really fun. Thats par for the course with Stern. Their art is always lacking to me.....but the recent games are fun as #$@# to play. For me personally, seeing a video of someone play a game isn't really ever that helpful....at least not as much as it sounds on paper. I'ver watch 100 Full Throttle videos and it never really gave me a feel for the game.....and that was a title where the gameplay was crucial for selling me (which never happened). Also for me, theme and tone are 75% of it. 'Pro Tour Broccoli Farmer' could be the funnest pin ever invented by humankind and it would never be in my collection. I've come to love the Star Trek playfield precisely because it is sparse and tactical like......so much more preferable that a bunch of outlined faces......like Tron.....and it doesn't even matter on Tron because thats totally fun to play. I look at the RZ play field and see unique play field space thats going to handle 7 balls at once. You are kind of either in or out - gut feeling leap of faith. This just isn't a standard mull-it-around situation. As has been said more eloquently, if the decision is torturing you, then you should pass on this time sensitive situation and feel good about that because you deserve your own personal home run.....and because you will have an open slot for some new pin that will be super exciting as well. I was a die hard vintage early 80s *ONLY* pinball guy a year ago......and now 2016 will be the year I have a Stern, Spooky and Heighway in my collection. All very fresh, different and all very unique. Enjoy the renaissance because its a great time to be a pinhead!

#2290 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Well to compare:
pzfbtg_vs_rz.jpg
There's an added drop target behind the robot, a target removed under the upper playfield to make room for an extra lane, the standup target to the left of the middle ramp is wider (making the shot tougher), and the guide rails on the upper playfield have been removed and a post added, and of course a ton of toys have been added (especially the rotating Spaulding). Even these little things can completely change the way a game plays, and Charlie wouldn't release anything unless it played good. I'm honestly still on the fence and I'm not really sure why. I must have watched the promo video a dozen times in the last day.

The changes made are definitely for the better. The game "needed" at least one drop target. And the layout is more flowy now. And I think anything is an improvement over the original mini playfield. I just hope all these things alter the game enough to make it fun. It wasn't terrible in the original design but had some weird geometry issues with the shot placements. The left orbit shot to the mini playfield didn't come off the flipper like a typical shot and it took me quite a few games to get a feel for it. The game shot completely different and was much more difficult than the AMH that was sitting next to it.

#2291 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm really torn here.
When Charlie and I first talked about this game we really weren't seeing eye to eye on it. Later he admitted that I was right about some things. Charlie, I want to say the same thing back to you, I've been getting tired of fan layouts, I've been buying 1980/81 Ballys, and really getting into the more random games, the more brutal ones. I get what you're saying. You came a little my way, I've come a little yours, maybe we're closer than we thought.
Flying out to Wisconsin next week isn't happening, but I wish I was close enough to play it.
Some people might remember my old thread where I pitched a Rob Zombie game. I even called it Rob Zombie's Spookhouse. I wanted Rob and Sherri to be the narrators of a horror game, with his music behind it. I mean, aside from building it my damn self could I have asked for a closer take on it than what Spooky did?
I'm not hesitating because of pre-order drama or anything, Spooky has proven they can get the job done. Your money is safe with them, utterly confident of that.
And yet somehow I'm just not all in here.
And it comes down to the art, which I care about a lot.
The cabinet looks great. It's like Rob Zombie meets Warhammer 40k. Love that there's no lettering on it too, I don't need that. The Bally games that I love with bad ass stencils don't have it either. Mystic is one of my favorite cabinets of all time. 3 colors, no words.
The translite is tougher. And it's because the LE one is so superior to the standard. It matches the cabinet better, it's got better colors, composition, action, theme, everything. I'm on the list, but not for the LE, and after seeing it I kinda hate to settle. That's life, tough cookie, but I have to admit it's hard to shake. And part of that is the playfield, and that second translite.
Because the playfield is just not there for me. To be blunt, it's really heartbreaking how much I can't get into it. And I think about how much time must have been spent doing two translites, for only 300 games, and then I see the playfield and it depresses me.
I've seriously been in a kind of shitty mood since 9am yesterday, because it's just disappointed me so much. It's like all this amazing effort went into all the parts of the game except what matters to me the most. The plastics feel like an afterthought. I kind of can't believe Rob approved them, he's a graphic designer. The inserts don't work for me, the whole thing just doesn't feel anything like the rest of the amazing work.
Anyways, I don't want to get all negative here. But it's kinda bumming me out, and right now I just don't know that I'll stay in. Will take the weekend to mull it over, and hopefully watching the gameplay video will give me some kind of closure one way or another. Gameplay is important! But for me it's all important.

I feel the same...except I'm ok with the regular translight. It's the playfield art that has really killed it for me. It just doesn't work. Plastics too, they are just not up to snuff. I'll wait until the gameplay vid to decide, but that playfield is almost an instant deathblow.

#2292 8 years ago

Clearly its difficult dealing with an artist who only paints in oil, and then having to translate it to a PF. The inserts were obviously added after the art was done. Horley was given an indication on where the inserts would be, but nothing exact.

Im guessing the only way you would get a result like Metallica, where even the inserts are part of the art, is to give the artist the actual play field with the inserts already in place. Or an exact illustration of the PF layout. The game would need to be all but complete, before giving it to the artist.

And since the art is not digital, any major changes would be a huge amount of work for Spookie and the artist. Even without approval from Rob Zombie.

My feeling is that the centre PF inserts may be too "cartoony" for the PF art. The style looks good on AMH, but not so good on this PF.

Having said that the lane inserts with the blood around them look OK. The centre PF inserts need to be "blended" more into the art.

All this proves is that play-field art is hard, but it's not a deal breaker for me. For all the complaints about GOT PF art, I haven't heard much about the art since the game has shipped.

#2293 8 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Look at GoT - just ripped apart on reveal...and I mean S H R E D D E D.

And it still looks like ass. As it did when it was revealed. Nothing changed. I'm sure as hell not buying one.

Quoted from zeddex:

You are kind of either in or out - gut feeling leap of faith. This just isn't a standard mull-it-around situation.

What? Why?

Good lord, this forum. Sometimes it's easy to forget we're talking about game pins here at all, and not collectors pins (and I mean the kind you pin onto your jacket). I don't spend $6,000 on instant gut leaps of faith, that's ridiculous. I care what my games look like, and I buy them to play, not just to stare at.

#2294 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I feel the same...except I'm ok with the regular translight. It's the playfield art that has really killed it for me. It just doesn't work. Plastics too, they are just not up to snuff. I'll wait until the gameplay vid to decide, but that playfield is almost an instant deathblow.

the real question is: can and will anything be done to enhance the playfield?

look what pinside feedback did for TH playfield. there's not as much riding on this because the 300 unites are basically all spoken for and this has all been approved.

#2295 8 years ago

I think the playfield Art is a little sparse, but it surely wouldn't be causing me to lose sleep. No other pin has had that much hand painted art and I, for one, think it's amazing. I'd gladly take anyone's spot that is out because of the art. I mean, the guy painted this all in oil, he didn't do it all in a digital editor where he could cut, rescale, rotate and move elements of it. He basically had to one shot this. Probably up against a deadline too. I think it deserves props.

Aurich, man, that Alien art package better blow everyone away or your super critical analysis of Horley's stuff is going to come back to bite you.

#2296 8 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

This sums up everything. 300 being made which fits perfect with the niche pin it is. If you're on the fence then you probably don't have the deep connection like myself and the quote above. If you have to anguish so muck over it than I would say it may not be your thing. Let it go to someone in line with the connection.

Ha! Derek may be a RZ fan for life and a true fan but that just means it will last 3 months in his collection vs. 2 like all hundreds of other games that are the "best ever" that have passed thru his collection action... I'm just joking with you DRock!

#2297 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I think the playfield Art is a little sparse, but it surely wouldn't be causing me to lose sleep. No other pin has had that much hand painted art and I, for one, think it's amazing. I'd gladly take anyone's spot that is out because of the art. I mean, the guy painted this all in oil, he didn't do it all in a digital editor where he could cut, rescale, rotate and move elements of it. He basically had to one shot this. Probably up against a deadline too. I think it deserves props.
Aurich, man, that Alien art package better blow everyone away or your super critical analysis of Horley's stuff is going to come back to bite you.

Personally, I think Aurich will back up everything he has every said with his work on Alien. I think it is easy to label someone like Aurich as a negative nelly, but the kid has not let us down once. Not only does he know pinball and is Passionate, but God gave his a very good "artists eye". He understand composition and color arrangement very well. He has already proven himself in my book.

#2298 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What? Why?
Good lord, this forum. Sometimes it's easy to forget we're talking about game pins here at all, and not collectors pins (and I mean the kind you pin onto your jacket). I don't spend $6,000 on instant gut leaps of faith, that's ridiculous. I care what my games look like, and I buy them to play, not just to stare at.

But that is exactly the situation with this specific pin. 300 made - no luxury of playing at shows etc. I'm not being all hippy dippy about it... just pointing out the practical reality of this specific situation. It sounds like you aren't 100% sold out of the gate, which means its simply on to the next potential pin for you. Nothing wrong with that!

#2299 8 years ago

Most of the art looks really good. The play field is really bad. Looks like it could be fun to shoot. I would respectfully suggest having the artist take another shot at the play field. It would be a shame to have such a cool license without great play field art. Especially with so much content from zombie.

#2300 8 years ago

Aliens looks ok, but definitely prefer the zombie artwork so far

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.