Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 210.
#2201 3 years ago

Added to the list on June 16 but no email yet

#2202 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Added to the list on June 16 but no email yet

KT had some emails fail, yours might be one effected. If your on the list you will be fine.

#2203 3 years ago

I don't know if this has been answered yet as I didn't have time to read whole thread but is there any difference from the LE to the standard in gameplay? Or is the only difference in the translite and cab art?

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

I don't know if this has been answered yet as I didn't have time to read whole thread but is there any difference from the LE to the standard in gameplay? Or is the only difference in the translite and cab art?

No gameplay difference.

#2205 3 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

What about a one sided hanging spinner, like 9 ball?

That is an awesome idea! Love spinner action and to throw one on an upper PF would be way f'ing cool.

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No sound effects yet but here is the video mode I animated and programmed personally:
ยป YouTube video
"Run over stuff with the Dragula for points!"

Carmageddon finally comes to pinball!

#2207 3 years ago

listening to C2Coast podcast now. Great interview w Nate and Chuck.

Enjoying this.

#2208 3 years ago

So how was it? Is it cool looks wild and fast

#2209 3 years ago

So who's got the latest "on the list" date? I was trying to get a sense of how close I am. I was confirmed on July 4th and didn't get an email yesterday. Think i saw some people that were confirmed after 6/15 say they got the email.

#2210 3 years ago

Just wondering- will CE/electrical requirements prevent this being importable to UK (and Europe)? Did anyone in Europe buy AMH and what was their experience on this point?

I'm sure there are people on the pre-order list who are not North American, or could find ways of getting it shipped to Europe, but not much use if the pin gets impounded due to CE requirements.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

So who's got the latest "on the list" date? I was trying to get a sense of how close I am. I was confirmed on July 4th and didn't get an email yesterday. Think i saw some people that were confirmed after 6/15 say they got the email.

I was one of them. 6/17 email confirmation and 3pm Eastern yesterday email.

regarding game:
I can't stop looking at it. love the hue of the pf and the ominous Rob! of course the toys are sick, the layout unique as can be! the theme and vulgarness from the little we know is spot on!

I laugh at The loud minority of pinside that seem to be obsessed with art and love to type about it...as if they play the art and not the actual game- so glad there aren't hundreds of posts bitching about the art.

Gonna be so different and a unique finishing touch to my space limited collection. All normal pinheads (oxymoron?) in ATL area know they're welcome to come check it out when I get it!

I'm already brainstorming mods and of course I'll have some mirror blades waiting for it upon arrival. Maybe get some orange armor? have modfather paint the robot?

I like the spooky speaker inserts - nice reminder of where it came from!

#2212 3 years ago

Those pics that Jetzxi posted make the game look much better than the flyer. The colors are rich and vibrant, and it looks awesome all lit up. Great job Spooky!

#2213 3 years ago

I've had a chance to digest the layout, and the artwork while seemingly sparse vs the insane cabinet/head, is starting to grow on me. However, I do see some opportunities to take this game from a 10 to an 11, that I wish Spooky would consider. I know the chance is likely less than 0%, with production slated for end of January, but I for one would wait another 4 weeks to implement the following:

1. - Put a Spinner on the post in the upper playfield. An opportunity to do something else besides hit the rollover switch or bash the Spaulding toy. I've never seen a wire switch not in a guide before either, so a little concerned what happens when the ball hits this switch repeatedly from the side. Seems might become an adjustment nightmare.

2. - The Witch and What inserts are begging to be monster popups (aka trolls). I know that would be a huge undertaking but an opportunity lost I feel.

3. - Mirror Blades or interior artwork or lightbars. The sides seem much larger than normal with no structures to obscure the bleak black wasteland (like the castles in BSD). AMH had LED light bars here. Lightning bolts or a devil pitchfork lighting or something is needed.

4. - Need LEDs on the Robot/boom box. I see this as the first aftermarket mod if not done by Spooky. Put some glowing LED's in the eyes or some psychedelic lighting on the boombox.

5. - Skull pile....See #4

I'm confirmed for an LE and looking forward to gameplay videos.

#2214 3 years ago

What a night......we walked in with Charlie and Nate doing the interview. We played several games on RZ, talked about it for a couple hours and had a lot of fun. Yes the playfield art looks alot better in person. The gameplay has come a long way since Pinball Zombies Beyond the Grave. It is a fun, fast in your face you better get control kind of game with an awesome taste of randomness to mess with you. We were very pleased with what we saw. AMH got loaded up with Charlie and Luke's help and away we went.......that's it for now, i have to get some more sleep so I can muscle AMH into my gameroom today! Thanks again Charlie and crew you guys are awesome!!!!!
Oh yeah and the callouts, omg the callouts!!!!! , the R ratedness, the sounds, the dots, I could go on and on, fuckin amazing! Holy shit I had a huge grin on my face playing RZ.

#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

What a night......we walked in with Charlie and Nate doing the interview. We played several games on RZ, talked about it for a couple hours and had a lot of fun. Yes the playfield art looks alot better in person. The gameplay has come a long way since Pinball Zombies Beyond the Grave. It is a fun, fast in your face you better get control kind of game with an awesome taste of randomness to mess with you. We were very pleased with what we saw. AMH got loaded up with Charlie and Luke's help and away we went.......that's it for now, i have to get some more sleep so I can muscle AMH into my gameroom today! Thanks again Charlie and crew you guys are awesome!!!!!
Oh yeah and the callouts, omg the callouts!!!!! , the R ratedness, the sounds, the dots, I could go on and on, fuckin amazing! Holy shit I had a huge grin on my face playing RZ.

Sounds great!

OF all the options I have read, this seems the simplest to make a difference.

An option of adding 'Spooky' mirror blades at time of production?

Standard mirror blades with 'spooky pinball' etched in them somewhere?

Yes, no??

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Holy shit I had a huge grin on my face playing RZ.

And at the end of the day, isn't this what matters most?

#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

I would like to know this as well, but at this point I think that if you have not already heard otherwise your only hope is to get the "Make A Wish" foundation involved.

#2218 3 years ago

Morning ya'll... and Chris, be careful getting AMH down the steps today! I got home after 11 last night, don't envy the drive home you had... glad you enjoyed playing RZ! Had a blast, and sorry I came back and got ya' on that last game.

KT is still getting caught up. She had emails fairly up to speed by the time she crashed late last night, but she's sorting through like 50 more right now.

Check those spam filters and any odd email addresses if you know you should have heard from us!!!

Go listen to Nate's podcast... I might have answered a lot of gameplay questions there. We'll shot a not very edited gameplay video first chance we get on Monday and hopefully post Monday night / Tuesday morning to help those on the fence.

Thanks, gotta fly!

#2219 3 years ago

Charlie >> would like to see gameplay with room lights on for the majority, but would be great to see the lights turned off for a bit also (for those that like to play in the dark).

#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We'll shot a not very edited gameplay video first chance we get on Monday and hopefully post Monday night / Tuesday morning to help those on the fence.

Sweet, thanks Charlie.

#2221 3 years ago

Is that podcast already live?

#2222 3 years ago

Link to podcast anyone?

#2224 3 years ago

Will there be a headphone jack or any option for one?

#2225 3 years ago

oh yes, confirmation that the coin door will now accept a DBV?

#2226 3 years ago

Great interview Nate! Great job Charlie and company! Love the drive the Dragula animation Ben! Anyone know which version will be on the production line first?

#2227 3 years ago

Will LE backglass be available for seperate purchase?

#2228 3 years ago

And very interesting comments after the interview with Charlie finishes. Nate comments.....

Cabinet art 10/10.

Playfield 7/10.

Again, the middle area lacks cohesiveness.

Too late for minor changes in this area?

No doubt, this is going to get the adrenalin going through the roof during gameplay

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

The game doesn't suck! I had the privilege of playing Rob Zombie tonight. Had a blast playing head to head with Charlie. I am very excited to be getting one of the LEs.

20151211_222853.jpg 20151211_223223.jpg 20151211_223228.jpg 20151211_222707.jpg 20151211_231702.jpg

Chris you lucky son of a...!

Charlie had the game all covered up when I picked up mine.
He even teased me and pointed at it.

I am in for Rob Zombie.

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Chris you lucky son of a...!
Charlie had the game all covered up when I picked up mine.
He even teased me and pointed at it.
I am in for Rob Zombie.

I'm in on an LE!

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And very interesting comments after the interview with Charlie finishes. Nate comments.....
Cabinet art 10/10.
Playfield 7/10.
Again, the middle area lacks cohesiveness.
Too late for minor changes in this area?
No doubt, this is going to get the adrenalin going through the roof during gameplay

I'm most likely going to pull the trigger on this but id be way more excited if there was an enhancement to the middle playfield art. In the other RZ thread, someone mentioned the mode inserts in grave stones in a full graveyard instead just one big stone and random insert shapes. I think that is the right direction.
On the other hand, why bother because they will easily sell the 300 units without any changes.

#2232 3 years ago

I just want to say I totally dig the playfield art. It deliberate and it totally works to balance the super busy (and equally awesome) cabinet art. Gravestone, Zombie....and Wild West openness that's lacking from all my other layouts. Nothing is going to change at this point, and that's totally great!

#2233 3 years ago

The check (and a spooky surprise) is in the mail.

SCARE package.jpg

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

The game has t***s, a**, and a lot of f***ing curse words according to the reveal video. Maybe not the right game for sensitive wives.

Sherri's fake horror evil laugh is very annoying, even in the movies. That's what my wife and I don't like about Rob's movies, only thing we roll our eyes at when watching them.

#2235 3 years ago

I'm in either way, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't love to see something more done with the playfield art. It seems like it would be such a relatively easy thing to improve and it's really the only thing holding this game back from being a total WOW in every category. I'm sure approvals for changes are harder than the changes themselves. Maybe if everything else wasn't so over the top awesome, it wouldn't stand out so much, but it just so happens... It wouldn't even have to be a complete redesign or anything, just some added details like maybe even the logo somewhere or a change to the scale of some things. Having said that, if the current playfield art is truly the vision Charlie had for the game, I can roll with it.

#2236 3 years ago

How much does this machine cost? With all the talk about the artwork, I just feel like people are forgetting they are buying a pinball machine, not a piece of art.

#2237 3 years ago

I think what is great about what you are saying Brian is the fact that Spooky will always deliver. So, unless they are under some sort of contractual agreement I'm certain the majority of the buyers would have no issues waiting another 3 months to see some improvements in the playfield. However, be careful what you wish for. Since we cannot play the game, most of us at least, it could already have the perfect amount of flow and shots to be an already excellent game.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

How much does this machine cost?

$5,995 plus shipping.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

With all the talk about the artwork, I just feel like people are forgetting they are buying a pinball machine, not a piece of art.

Totally agree. I had a CV that was beautiful and the beauty of the game actually kept it in my house 6 months longer than it should have because I never played it.

#2238 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

How much does this machine cost? With all the talk about the artwork, I just feel like people are forgetting they are buying a pinball machine, not a piece of art.

The thing is, it is a piece of art. I all the time hear the chatter about this art topic, but from everything I read in this thread, as well as many others, most folks put a lot of weight into the art. I think the machine looks great. I for one am looking forward to the unique layout, as well as a road trip to the Spooky factory from Florida when mine is ready.

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

$5,995 plus shipping.

When I first watched the reveal video, there was no way in Hell I thought, "I could see myself paying $6k+ for this!"

If I want art, I'll buy art. If I want a pinball machine, I'll buy a pinball machine. Seems easy enough.

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

If I want art, I'll buy art. If I want a pinball machine, I'll buy a pinball machine. Seems easy enough.

So, are you bailing out on this thread?

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

When I first watched the reveal video, there was no way in Hell I thought, "I could see myself paying $6k+ for this!"

But for two days now you hang around and take jabs at this game. Did you really not know the price by now? Say whatever it is you need to say and move on.

#2242 3 years ago

This is a forum for discussion. Sorry if everyone else's views don't match up with yours.

I'm excited for JJP #3. When that game is finally revealed, do you think it will be all sunshine and roses? I certainly don't.

#2243 3 years ago

Just listened to podcast. Excellent job Nate and Charlie!

I'm even more excited now listening to Charlie explain the layout. I love different and unique. RZ fits that bill.

I learned Dominos pizza is real! Never clicked on thread because I thought it was a joke.

Matt from Back Alley looks like has done a great job with the toys.

Didn't talk about Fawzma or the code.

18 months to get them all done

It really is an amazing effort from a small group of dedicated people.

#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This is a forum for discussion. Sorry if everyone else's views don't match up with yours.
I'm excited for JJP #3. When that game is finally revealed, do you think it will be all sunshine and roses? I certainly don't.

LOL...that's some funny sh$$ right there....How about he delivers on #2 before you start worrying about #3, three years from now.

#2245 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Then don't. You obviously do not like Spooky games based on what you have said about AMH and now RZ so don't buy them. Like it or not the playfield, backglass, and cabinets are art on every pinball machine. Pretty much everyone one of them is designed by an artist. When you buy a pinball machine you are buying art. The art may not be important to you but it is still art and you cannot separat the 2.

#2246 3 years ago

I feel like I'm the only person on the list waiting to see the gameplay before deciding.

I'm really torn here.

When Charlie and I first talked about this game we really weren't seeing eye to eye on it. Later he admitted that I was right about some things. Charlie, I want to say the same thing back to you, I've been getting tired of fan layouts, I've been buying 1980/81 Ballys, and really getting into the more random games, the more brutal ones. I get what you're saying. You came a little my way, I've come a little yours, maybe we're closer than we thought.

Flying out to Wisconsin next week isn't happening, but I wish I was close enough to play it.

Some people might remember my old thread where I pitched a Rob Zombie game. I even called it Rob Zombie's Spookhouse. I wanted Rob and Sherri to be the narrators of a horror game, with his music behind it. I mean, aside from building it my damn self could I have asked for a closer take on it than what Spooky did?

I'm not hesitating because of pre-order drama or anything, Spooky has proven they can get the job done. Your money is safe with them, utterly confident of that.

And yet somehow I'm just not all in here.

And it comes down to the art, which I care about a lot.

The cabinet looks great. It's like Rob Zombie meets Warhammer 40k. Love that there's no lettering on it too, I don't need that. The Bally games that I love with bad ass stencils don't have it either. Mystic is one of my favorite cabinets of all time. 3 colors, no words.

The translite is tougher. And it's because the LE one is so superior to the standard. It matches the cabinet better, it's got better colors, composition, action, theme, everything. I'm on the list, but not for the LE, and after seeing it I kinda hate to settle. That's life, tough cookie, but I have to admit it's hard to shake. And part of that is the playfield, and that second translite.

Because the playfield is just not there for me. To be blunt, it's really heartbreaking how much I can't get into it. And I think about how much time must have been spent doing two translites, for only 300 games, and then I see the playfield and it depresses me.

I've seriously been in a kind of shitty mood since 9am yesterday, because it's just disappointed me so much. It's like all this amazing effort went into all the parts of the game except what matters to me the most. The plastics feel like an afterthought. I kind of can't believe Rob approved them, he's a graphic designer. The inserts don't work for me, the whole thing just doesn't feel anything like the rest of the amazing work.

Anyways, I don't want to get all negative here. But it's kinda bumming me out, and right now I just don't know that I'll stay in. Will take the weekend to mull it over, and hopefully watching the gameplay video will give me some kind of closure one way or another. Gameplay is important! But for me it's all important.

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

No biz taking about a competitor in a positive thread about Rob Zombie.
Got talk in their threads while you wait on hobbit.

#2248 3 years ago

What Aurich said. (Thanks for saving me all that typing!)

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No biz taking about a competitor in a positive thread about Rob Zombie.
Got talk in their threads while you wait on hobbit.

I was simply trying to prove a point. I'm just saying that not everything can be happy and uplifting all the time. No matter what game comes out, there will always be naysayers.

Such is life.

#2250 3 years ago

With so many choices coming up, if people are not into it be nice and let someone else have a chance. I would love to have this in my collection. Having to hope that enough people say no, so I can say yes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside