2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 223.
#2001 8 years ago

Kicking myself for not getting in on this. I really like the feel and flavor of AMH and this looks to be in the same vein. The only consolation is that More Human than Human is not included! Anyone getting out ?

#2002 8 years ago

7 Fucking Balls! I'm going to eat some Fried Chicken tonight. STOKED

#2003 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

DO NOT BUY IN IF YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO HOLD A SPOT... buy it because you want it. Period. If you aren't sure, skip it and let the next guy on the list in.

I like this attitude. And I know you want to skip the pre-order bullshit, and I appreciate that too. Your model is great.

If I could just say one thing that bothers me, it's that we're being given a week to decide (no problem, plenty of time) but without seeing any gameplay. It's hard to commit without seeing it flip. It sounds like we won't get that until January, which is pretty long past the deadline.

I'm mulling things over currently. Gameplay would be awesome. Just saying.

#2004 8 years ago

DO NOT BUY IN IF YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO HOLD A SPOT... buy it because you want it. Period. If you aren't sure, skip it and let the next guy on the list in.

I want it. And I agree with you and see where you are coming from. I was just curious what would happen if for some unforeseen reason I had to bail. Can't predict the future.

#2005 8 years ago

I personally love the playfield art. I've always been a bit of an insomniac, and as a 13 year old, I heard Dragula for the first time on the radio in the wee hours. Somehow I managed to get my mother to take me to the record store the following day to get Hellbilly Deluxe. I loved the horror theme, but always hid the album from my father as I didn't think he'd approve of my owning it if he saw the cover. That alone was enough to have that album artwork imprint on me in some way, and the playfield art is rather reminiscent of Rob's appearance on that album, yet even more menacing now. And really, that area of playfield art is all I really notice when playing a game anyway (especially with a fast game+lighting, etc). Looks like there is plenty going on in the upper playfield to distract from it being a bit barren art-wise up there.

#2006 8 years ago

I am sure this has been posted somewhere already, but just in case here is a video of it.

#2007 8 years ago

Oh, I did get the e-mail!!! N

Still lukewarm on the layout and pf art, wish we could see gameplay like Aurich said. Cab art and translight are masterpieces. I'll give KT a break and wait a few days before responding.

#2008 8 years ago

The insert light graphics and the "directional trails" around them were done by me.

Alex is very old school (oil painting then scanned) and this is his first pin, so we handled the more precise elements of the PF features for him.

#2009 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Middle of the playfield feels a bit...empty. But the cabinet art is, hands down, the best I have ever seen. Incredible work.

So stick a Wolverine or a Hulk bash toy in the middle.

#2010 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Gameplay would be awesome. Just saying.

We're trying... just flat ran out of time getting approvals and everything else together.

Trust me, I'd love to show the madness in my mind putting this together. We'll work it in asap.

#2011 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Anyone know if the $1,000 deposit is refundable?

Refund? Then take a pass now for others

#2012 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like this attitude. And I know you want to skip the pre-order bullshit, and I appreciate that too. Your model is great.
If I could just say one thing that bothers me, it's that we're being given a week to decide (no problem, plenty of time) but without seeing any gameplay. It's hard to commit without seeing it flip. It sounds like we won't get that until January, which is pretty long past the deadline.

Exactly! I think it is maybe asking just a bit much to fully commit after seeing a 90 second, creatively edited clip and a few static images. I am still interested in the pin after what we have been shown but if I wait to play it or even see more gameplay video, my chance to purchase the game will likely have evaporated.

Intentionally or not (and I do believe it is the latter), asking buyers to commit to a purchase after sharing such a small amount of info is what starts all of the pre-order bullshit in the first place.

#2013 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Alex is very old school (oil painting then scanned) and this is his first pin, so we handled the more precise elements of the PF features for him.

To me that's one of the most remarkable things about the artwork - he's a present day master of an art media that is very hard to work with compared to today's digital age of tools and the undo button.

#2014 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, it's a gamble committing before gameplay however sometimes you need to take the risk to get rewarded. If you don't feel comfortable then nobody is forcing your hand and I am sure there are plenty of people on the waiting list who would gladly step in and purchase it. Just saying.

#2015 8 years ago

Simply stunning! Great Job guys. I have a buddy who is getting one and im very happy for him. Cant wait to play it at his house along with his amh!

#2016 8 years ago

I'm in!

#2017 8 years ago

We're trying... just flat ran out of time getting approvals and everything else together.
Trust me, I'd love to show the madness in my mind putting this together. We'll work it in asap.

Thanks man. I know things are nuts, and there are a million questions flying around, can I ask just one more? Because it hasn't really been clear.

Is our build number by when we send in money, or when we signed up? Meaning if we want to wait and see if you get any gameplay footage up are we "hurting" ourselves by waiting? Or is our # already set so it doesn't matter?

Congrats on reaching this milestone, I know how hard you've all been working.

#2018 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Yes, it's a gamble committing before gameplay however sometimes you need to take the risk to get rewarded. If you don't feel comfortable then nobody is forcing your hand and I am sure there are plenty of people on the waiting list who would gladly step in and purchase it. Just saying.

Not trying to stir shit here, but that's the same line people got for Predator and Magic Girl.

Now, obviously Spooky has shown they can deliver. That's not in question here, odds are you'll get your game. But asking for $1K without at least detailed photos and a game walkthrough is a bit too much like the boutique crash of 2015. I'd really, really like to see detailed photos and a game walkthrough before committing.

#2019 8 years ago

Pretty killer cab art.

Seems like the playfield is missing something vital though... Are there some good gameplay vids out yet?

#2020 8 years ago

Positive that the original plan was to have 30 days to decide not 7.

#2021 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not trying to stir shit here, but that's the same line people got for Predator and Magic Girl.
Now, obviously Spooky has shown they can deliver. That's not in question here, odds are you'll get your game. But asking for $1K without at least detailed photos and a game walkthrough is a bit too much like the boutique crash of 2015. I'd really, really like to see detailed photos and a game walkthrough before committing.

I'll commit gameplay unseen just send me the e-mail! Pretty please

#2022 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

To me that's one of the most remarkable things about the artwork - he's a present day master of an art media that is very hard to work with compared to today's digital age of tools and the undo button.

Haha yes Chuck actually sent him full size patterns of the PF to draw on. Very old school! If we're fortunate enough to work with Alex again, the procedure can be fine tuned further.

#2023 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Positive that the original plan was to have 30 days to decide not 7.

I thought that too, but I dunno. I'm personally waiting at the moment before deciding. I'd prefer a little more detail and information personally.

I don't mean to sound critical, maybe Charlie is working against a deadline I'm not aware of. Just feels like the end got rushed a little, and that doesn't translate to a rush on my end.

A week is a lot of time, I'll just be patient right now.

Regardless of what I decide the LE translite is really incredible, and the cabinet art kicks ass. That much is easy to instantly decide.

#2024 8 years ago

I just want spooky to stick to the 300 games and not increase...get these games done how ever long it takes and if u can be successful do more on the next title

#2025 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Spooky already delivered AMH and RZ is already built. Plus he is building a brand new shop along with making the Domino's Pinball. I don't see how that is the same situation as jpop or skitb. The only gamble here is how it plays and I think there are plenty of people who are on the waiting list that would take that risk.

#2026 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I want it. And I agree with you and see where you are coming from. I was just curious what would happen if for some unforeseen reason I had to bail. Can't predict the future.

Quoted from Aurich:

+1 to both of these.

#2027 8 years ago

Im sure if you buy this game and you dont like the game play after owning it i'm sure a low use HUO will be able to be sold to someone else quickly to get your money back as there are so many people on the waiting list that wont get one. Used AMH go for over $1000 more then new now. Only people who have to worry is us Canadians with conversion and tax at the boarder and shipping its well over 9k Canadian.
That being said Ive paid my deposit and cant wait to have it next to my Metallica!!

#2028 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Intentionally or not (and I do believe it is the latter), asking buyers to commit to a purchase after sharing such a small amount of info is what starts all of the pre-order bullshit in the first place.

It's a part of pinball, you either are in or out. You might get burned or you might not. Don't get in early you possibly lose out on owning a must have pin for yourself. Choice is yours.

#2029 8 years ago

On wait list with money waiting

#2030 8 years ago

Super bummed that I didn't get the e-mail. I was in on June 19th. I must have been somewhere above the three hundred mark

#2031 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks man. I know things are nuts, and there are a million questions flying around, can I ask just one more? Because it hasn't really been clear.
Is our build number by when we send in money, or when we signed up? Meaning if we want to wait and see if you get any gameplay footage up are we "hurting" ourselves by waiting? Or is our # already set so it doesn't matter?
Congrats on reaching this milestone, I know how hard you've all been working.

I was also confused by this.

-c

#2032 8 years ago

I'm in. Sent my deposit today. Those on the fence can wait, I want an early number. This game will rock.

#2033 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

odds are you'll get your game

I'd say your odds are fantastic... Our new shop address is 184 Ridge Ave. in Benton, WI. We aren't hiding in a basement or a closed shop with a phone book sized NDA you have to sign to get in.

This is no different than many Stern LE's that sell out fast... it's all taking a chance. Really, if you have any hesitations... pass. My guess is in 10 days or less, it's probably all gonna be a mute point anyway.

We aren't perfect, we're doing our best to be up front and honest with everything we do.

#2034 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Yes, it's a gamble committing before gameplay however sometimes you need to take the risk to get rewarded.

From a value standpoint, at least you know you'll have a rare game with a sought after theme that has a great looking cabinet and translite, so the game should hold it's value regardless of game play (which is subjective anyway).

However, from a pinball playing standpoint, as Charlie has stated that RZ plays very different than the typical fan layout people are used to, it seems like a decent quality gameplay video should be shown before people are required to send in their deposit or give up their spot.

#2035 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Super bummed that I didn't get the e-mail. I was in on June 19th. I must have been somewhere above the Three Hundred mark

I'm a 6/17 list confirmation and I remember being thrilled in July when Charlie said they weren't at 300 yet.

image.pngimage.png
December minus 5 months = July

Charlie responded to me today to hang in there about an hour ago...yes it's difficult seeing others In but I'm going to keep the faith.

#2036 8 years ago

Charlie- is there any way we could see the currently available footage without all of the artificial video artifacts?

#2037 8 years ago

This is no different than many Stern LE's that sell out fast... it's all taking a chance. Really, if you have any hesitations... pass. My guess is in 10 days or less, it's probably all gonna be a mute point anyway.

If you try to make everyone happy that will never happen on Pinside. It's your business and you should run it as you feel fit. You took a huge gamble getting into making pinball machines and don't see why asking others take a risk is so wrong.

#2038 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm a 6/17 list confirmation and I remember being thrilled in July when Charlie said they weren't at 300 yet.
image.png
December minus 5 months = July
Charlie responded to me today to hang in there about an hour ago...yes it's difficult seeing others In but I'm going to keep the faith.

You can click on the "5 months" and it will show you actual time/date.

#2039 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I totally agree that having gamplay video would be great, but I'm buying this one for all the wrong reasons.

1. The theme is my #1 most wished for. Actually, it's the only theme I can remember ever wishing for.
2. The artwork is incredible. In pictures, the playfield is the only thing that isn't perfect, in my opinion.
3. I love the gameplay on AMH, but the rest of the package just didn't add up to a purchase for me. I'm hoping RZSSI plays as well.
4. I'm speculating that this will be much more expensive to buy after the fact.

All things considered, I've decided this is a game worth taking a risk on.

#2040 8 years ago

I can't remember, but is the Le just the translite and a numbered LE plaque?

#2041 8 years ago

Sensing the fact people are finally calming down. Starting to see some realistic posts now. Questions wanting to be answered.

#2042 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Also special armor

#2043 8 years ago

Re: the comments about "no email yet", my email was "one of the lucky ones on the 50 LE"...
Perhaps only 50 emails went out to the first 50 LE names?

#2044 8 years ago

This is no different than many Stern LE's that sell out fast... it's all taking a chance.

Good point. But that's one of the sucky things about buying an LE.

I'm sure you will have no problem selling 300 machines. Does it hurt to extend the deadline until after Danger does his show, to help ensure that RZ gets into the hands of buyers who enjoy it's style of play?

Happy buyers >>good reviews>>good reputation>>more business.

#2045 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Backglass, armor, side rails, & powdercoat are different... here's flat honesty, we didn't show the rails because they aren't done yet!

LE's are gone. KT has spoken.

Kevin... you're on the list!!! Hang in there man, and don't stress... got ya' covered. Poor gal is still trying to eat the lunch that's been sitting on her desk for 2 hours.

I will work on a quick and not very polished game play video on Monday... post it either Monday night or Tuesday. Right now, trying to pack up some AMH's for customers.

#2046 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Re: the comments about "no email yet", my email was "one of the lucky ones on the 50 LE"...
Perhaps only 50 emails went out to the first 50 LE names?

no..im not on LE list and got the confirmation email.

#2047 8 years ago

I will work on a quick and not very polished game play video on Monday... post it either Monday night or Tuesday. Right now, trying to pack up some AMH's for customers.

That's all I was asking about. I'd love to play it in person but a video and some closeup photos would go a long way for me.

Take photos like you're selling a game in the Pinside Marketplace and want to appease the trolls!

#2048 8 years ago

Kevin... you're on the list!!!

....but where's MY email??

#2049 8 years ago

Well done Charlie and team Spooky. I am not on the list but wanted to congratulate you on a very nice looking game, the Cabinet and standard & LE backglass art is incredible, toys look great and like the playfield layout, look forward to seeing a game play video. Forgot love that you have gone a colour dmd / lcd - looks great and great to see that you have joined the leagues of JJP and Heighway there.

#2050 8 years ago

Uh ? No email ? I thought I was on the list !?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Wanted
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.