2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 223.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't know what you guys are so worried about.
When has preordering a game that does not exist yet ever gone wrong?

This post was moderated and edited for General forum rule violation 1 day ago. “Cool pic, but keep nudity off the site. And, you've GOT to tag things as NSFW ans a courtesy to others. This is not the first you've heard of these rules. No eject at this point...just behave, okay?”

First the karma, and now no nudity?

I'm running out of reasons to come to this site.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Wait a second. This is about a comic book? Does that mean we don't have to hear Rob Zombie "music"? Or is that part of the deal?
-mof

Come on man. A) No need to insult the music when there are obviously fans here. B) The most basic reading or watching would tell you exactly what songs are in the pin, so what kind of question is that? Keep up!

#153 8 years ago

LE or not they are all limited. Best to pick the one you prefer the looks of.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

When I played it (ZFBTG) at Allentown 2 years ago, I stopped playing after a couple of shots realizing that it was a total turd not exciting at all to me. The sots were boring and the flow was lacking.

Really? That's a great assessment... except it was never in Allentown. Not once, not ever, so I'm not sure what you think you played. Wow... nice.

Again, we're not asking for a dime up front. You want your name on the list? Do so now... they will be OFFERED (not sold) as received. This will ONLY happen after we've shown a completed package. Then it's $1,000 down to reserve your spot, and NOTHING until your game is done. You will at least see it before you buy it. I'm not "pre-order" money taking, or expecting anything sight unseen.

I see David (our new programmer) popped in on PS. Yep, he's doing code with Ben and I directing. We've got to get some of the work load off Ben Heck... period. We love Ben and don't want to see his brain explode. Ben works harder than any human I've ever met. Our dots guy is floating around PS somewhere all the time... if he wants to say hello he can. I'm not gonna call him out unless he wants to be.

We seriously can't handle more than 300 units in our facility in any kind of respectable time frame. We know we could sell more, we just aren't capable of making more... we will get there. We hope to be in our own facility (we're so out of room in our current shop it's silly) by spring. If we're lucky, maybe this winter. Turns out, making a lot of pinball machines is really hard. At least that's what I hear on the internet.

The 50 LE's are strictly a THANK YOU to AMH customers... before we announced this title, many of them were asking and telling us they wanted game #2... no game title revealed, nothing shown, no hints, and we were a little shocked to say the least. That kind of faith, or possibly insanity?!... is something I couldn't ignore. So we ponied up for the artist to do a 2nd glass, and figured out what we could do to make it different and cool WITHOUT it being a different game. No way I'm taking out a feature for 1 version over the other... I hate that stuff. Without the AMH customers who took a chance on us, we aren't even having this conversation right now. People forget how hard a sell AMH was. I'm glad it did sell out, and yes, we are turning down sales every day by not making more. We said 150 units, and we stick to our word. That means something to us. Seems we've done everything the hard way here, but I'm glad we did... we need to make lots of improvements, and that's never going to stop being the case. I want the build quality better, and we need to get more professional as a company. All this will happen. If 1 out of every 3 AMH customers buys an LE, I'd be shocked... but judging from the emails so far, it might happen.

The Rob Zombie layout is not going to be yet another fan layout.. I don't believe they all need to be. People wanted more flow, more toys, more everything from what it started life as, and we did that. It's going to be fast & wild. Make your shots (it has 5 nice flow shots) and you'll be rewarded. Miss and yep, it's going to make you pay and bring chaos. You want pure flow? Go buy the newest Star Trek... I think that's the best flow game Steve's ever done, and that's saying something. Brilliant shots from the best flow guy ever. Guess that's my way of saying I'm no Steve Ritchie, so why would I try to be?

It will be a dark, bad ass metal and horror game. Pretty sure the only comic relief will come from our favorite killer clown, Captain Spaulding. We're thrilled that Sid Haig agreed to do the custom speech for that character! Having both Sid & Rob doing dialogue is more than we ever could have hoped for. We have been asked, and yes... we will have a "family mode" in the game (no nudity or "large scale" curse words in family mode), but it's still a decidedly adult theme, so we leave that to your judgement. Again, this isn't for everyone and we get that.

Thanks for the patience everyone... been running on little sleep since last Monday. Sorry we haven't responded much to all the emails, texts, and messages... worked the show in Denver all weekend and drove straight through to Benton in the most god awful freakin' storms. Seriously, how does it rain that hard for 900 miles out and back?! Got home at 5:00 a.m., up at 7:30... pinball is hard.

Thanks for the patience, and carry on with the speculation. Gonna lock ourselves in the shop and bust our asses to finish AMH (half way through the 150 now) and get Rob Zombie's Spookshow International ready to ship in January! Because saying that NEVER comes back to bite anyone right?!

#155 8 years ago

Charlie, don't get sucked in by the trolls. The people who matter already know.

#156 8 years ago

Keep kickin Ass Charlie!
Super excited here, AMH coming soon and a RZSSI LE very soon afterwards!

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Thanks for the patience, and carry on with the speculation. Gonna lock ourselves in the shop and bust our asses to finish AMH (half way through the 150 now) and get Rob Zombie's Spookshow International ready to ship in January! Because saying that NEVER comes back to bite anyone right?!

I love this guy!

#158 8 years ago

Again, we're not asking for a dime up front. You want your name on the list? Do so now... they will be OFFERED (not sold) as received. This will ONLY happen after we've shown a completed package. Then it's $1,000 down to reserve your spot, and NOTHING until your game is done. You will at least see it before you buy it. I'm not "pre-order" money taking, or expecting anything sight unseen.
The 50 LE's are strictly a THANK YOU to AMH customers...
No way I'm taking out a feature for 1 version over the other... I hate that stuff. Without the AMH customers who took a chance on us, we aren't even having this conversation right now. People forget how hard a sell AMH was. I'm glad it did sell out, and yes, we are turning down sales every day by not making more. We said 150 units, and we stick to our word. That means something to us.
The Rob Zombie layout is not going to be yet another fan layout.. I don't believe they all need to be. People wanted more flow, more toys, more everything from what it started life as, and we did that. It's going to be fast & wild. Make your shots (it has 5 nice flow shots) and you'll be rewarded.

I want it even more now. Thanks for the post! I like the part about reservations, no deposit until game shown. Unfortunately I didn't get that memo on Saturday night but don't think the reveal will change my mind. I was one of the few who liked "from the grave" on video due to the chaos, so feeling positive about a re-worked version.

#159 8 years ago

We're thrilled that Sid Haig agreed to do the custom speech for that character! Having both Sid & Rob doing dialogue is more than we ever could have hoped for. !

Saw Sid Haig during a Devil's Rejects panel at Spooky Empire. He's very down to earth and hilarious. Huge plus to have him on board

#160 8 years ago

Will the first one (or maybe the prototype) get put at Lawrence's? One of these days I will get to the area, dump a ton of quarters into AMH (and hopefully RZ), drink a pitcher of Spotted Cow, and enjoy a tasty burger.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

When I played it (ZFBTG) at Allentown 2 years ago, I stopped playing after a couple of shots realizing that it was a total turd not exciting at all to me.

I played it 2 years ago in my imagination and it was awesome!

#162 8 years ago

ROB Zombie was doing a show at the RAVE in Milwaukee last week wed I worked it. I wonder if he made the trip to Benton

#163 8 years ago

Also I am working to make RZSSI easier to update than AMH. Basically you burn a new SD card and it does the rest (like SPIKE)

#164 8 years ago

Captain freaking Spaulding in a pinball machine. Can't say I ever thought that would happen. Love it. Congrats Charlie. Just keep doing what you do. Don't worry about the trolls and haters (which I know is easier said than done).

As someone who has actually played PZFBTG, I am super excited that it is being used and expanded on. There are some fantastic ideas there that I was worried would be lost once the game was cancelled.

#165 8 years ago

Are people asking for more than 300 really trolls or haters? There doesn't seem to be a lot of hating going on, just people debating the 300 number.

#166 8 years ago

Really exciting to see Charlie stay the course. He is and has always been humble and a class act. Actions over lip service. Excited to see this project proceed. can't wait to see this come together, spookshow international comics is extremely dark and awesome. Fingers crossed identity tattoo will have one on free play for clients and artist to play.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Come on man. A) No need to insult the music when there are obviously fans here. B) The most basic reading or watching would tell you exactly what songs are in the pin, so what kind of question is that? Keep up!

I get it, Aurich. Sometimes, questions aren't welcomed on Pinside.
-mof

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Are people asking for more than 300 really trolls or haters? There doesn't seem to be a lot of hating going on, just people debating the 300 number.

Was referring to the person who played it 2 years ago at a show that the game wasn't at.

#169 8 years ago

Has Rob Zombie secured an LE yet?

#170 8 years ago

I sent KT an email around 6pm last night, still haven't gotten a response? I'll assume when things settle in, she'll catch up with email?

#171 8 years ago

Thanks for the patience everyone... been running on little sleep since last Monday. Sorry we haven't responded much to all the emails, texts, and messages..

#172 8 years ago

Spooky Pinball
KT and the kids head to Sonic, truck fuel, on the long journey home to Benton. Thanks to Dan and everyone in Colorado for a fantastic weekend! We'll catch up on those emails asap.

copied from facebook

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I sent KT an email around 6pm last night, still haven't gotten a response? I'll assume when things settle in, she'll catch up with email?

I sent KT an email 30 seconds ago and she hasn't replied to me yet either. **Sigh** Good help is just so hard to find.

But seriously, I can't wait to see the playfield and art work. It could be awesome!!!

I am in ( pending confirmation) and the timeline should fit my budget perfectly.

#174 8 years ago

Nice to hear Charlie weigh in here. Feeling even better about this title. Can't wait to see some playfield layout pics.

#175 8 years ago

No mention of if I'm in the running for an LE or not (I can accept prior customers getting all of these), but just got this message from Charlie : "You just joined the list, and you will see the game before you have to put down a dime. You like it, great! You don't, that's fine too.

Crazy huh?! Thanks!"

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

No mention of if I'm in the running for an LE or not (I can accept prior customers getting all of these), but just got this message from Charlie : "You just joined the list, and you will see the game before you have to put down a dime. You like it, great! You don't, that's fine too.
Crazy huh?! Thanks!"

When did you email? Charlie or KT or both? I emailed minutes after the announcement and was told no list until July. Hopefully they added those of us who emailed earlier to the list as well.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from wonderpuddle:

When did you email? Charlie or KT or both? I emailed minutes after the announcement and was told no list until July. Hopefully they added those of us who emailed earlier to the list as well.

I emailed Charlie earlier yesterday after I read about a list forming (initially I held off as I read what you just noted about July 4th). I emailed KT today after it was suggested here that that's the better e-mail to use for such a request, but heard nothing from that one (Charlie copied KT on the email).

#178 8 years ago

Answer from Spooky (Charlie Emery) today. Bad news for all pin guys outside US, especially for us in Europe:

Sorry, we aren't authorized per contract to ship to Europe on this game.

... wish I had a better answer.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Answer from Spooky (Charlie Emery) today. Bad news for all pin guys outside US, especially for us in Europe:

That makes the 'international' name rather amusing. Cue the surrogate buyers "for a fee" in the US.

#180 8 years ago

Tutti F'ing Frutti! This game is gonna be awesome!

#181 8 years ago

Hey I want one so badly but I do unfortunately live in Good Ol' Germany

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Got the same answer.

Nature will find a way...

#184 8 years ago

I'd like the Charlie Clouser LE, thank you.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The problem is that Charlie & Company are pedaling and growing as fast as they can and doing a great job of it. It is not open for debate. Spooky set their own limits and customers need to either accept that or else buy them a new factory and assembly line stocked with skilled pinball machine assemblers willing to work for free.

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Move.

#187 8 years ago

"Fingers crossed"
Please let there be a Pus@y Liquers Mulitball or skill shot.
I know it was a few second sceen, but never got the name out of my head.

#188 8 years ago

I think it would be nice if Spooky could bump up the LE's 25 more machines to 75 so maybe folks outside of the AMH buyers get a chance at one and just reduce the regular models to be made and still be at their 300 total. I do not have a horse in this race but I know many here that did not buy AMH and would like a shot at an LE RZSSI which at this point may not happen as the list is filling up fast with just 50 available.

Ken

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I think it would be nice if Spooky could bump up the LE's 25 more machines to 75 so maybe folks outside of the AMH buyers get a chance at one and just reduce the regular models to be made and still be at their 300 total. I do not have a horse in this race but I know many here that did not buy AMH and would like a shot at an LE RZSSI which at this point may not happen as the list is filling up fast with just 50 available.
Ken

Or just drop the LE nomenclature all together - call it a premium instead. That way people can decide between backglass A or backglass B with upgraded armor. Then the market decides and not some arbitrary split between LE and non-LE.

At 300 total production, every one will be considered "limited".

#190 8 years ago

The LE was designed as a thank you to AMH buyers. Anyone had time to get in on AMH, so I think it's more than fair.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Hope this doesn't apply to Australia.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The LE was designed as a thank you to AMH buyers. Anyone had time to get in on AMH, so I think it's more than fair.

But what if all 150 AMH buyers want an LE? Or what if 51 want an LE?

What if someone that signs up for the LE wants the non LE art after the designs are unveiled?

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

What if someone that signs up for the LE wants the non LE art after the designs are unveiled?

A limited edition isn't so limited if it's the same quantity as the standard.

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

the way I read it, the LE wasn't limited to AMH buyers only - but they were the first ones that could get on the list. If they didn't sell all 50, the remaining ones would be open to sell on July 4. Am I wrong about that?

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, that's just life I guess. That's the nature of a limited edition, someone has to miss out or it's not actually limited. Since it won't change the gameplay in any way I think it just is what it is.

We haven't even seen the art difference yet.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

A limited edition isn't so limited if it's the same quantity as the standard.

Exactly - that's why I suggested they call it a premium. A total run of 300 is a limited run in and of itself.

#197 8 years ago

The LE is limited to AMH buyers until July 4th - then if any of the 50 LEs remain, the hold list opens up to the general public. Anyone can email Spooky Pinball right now and get on the list for the standard run of 250.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Can't tell you that an AMH did make it to Germany, but it did. Man that sounds like Ben Heck huh?! We (again, per contract we are licensed in the USA, Canada, and Australia on this game) can't sell directly to you, but there are those who provide services like this to help. Do some research.

Build numbers are always an issue in a small capacity company, and you have to understand... by the time we start shipping this early in 2016 some of the contract time (3 years) has slipped already. We do have it in place should the need arise that we can extend the contract to complete the build, but we can't extend the contract for number of games sold. 300 is double what AMH was, so this is a BIG jump for our facility and team.

And NO, I don't want to make anyone wait 2 damn years to get a game. We've got to hire more, get more production capability, and get faster. Every dime we make goes right back into making this happen and we're prepping for this while we finish AMH. Could we have said "give us a deposit now" and gotten enough to put up a new shop by summers end? Yep. Would I sleep well at night taking blind pre-orders to accomplish that? Oh HELL no.

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd... wow, I did not see that coming. Maybe some will back out, maybe not, but either way... we're absolutely thrilled. Again, all on the list will get to see before they send any payment. Probably was 10 better ways to handle all this, but here we are regardless.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Or what if 25 AMH owners want the LE, and only 15 others want it? Then Spooky gets left holding the bag. Because as I understand it, they had to pay an upfront fee to the artist to commission 50 BGs...it's not like pay as you go.

Now granted, as the buzz grows that's not a likely scenario, BUT, remember it took a long time to sell out AMH, and those were just regulars. Spooky is doing the best they can to forecast demand, and 50 LE's with upfront money to the artist is what they prognosticated. I signed up for an LE, not because of exclusivity, but to give myself the option between art choices. I may yet opt back to the regular if the alternate art isn't to my liking, and many other AMH owners in line might do the same. It's way early in the game, and all these shoulda/woulda/coulda guesses are just that...guesses. Spooky themselves have no way of knowing how many actual LE's at the end of the day will be bought, but I think 16.6% of total was a pretty good shot in the dark. I'm sure they could have forgone the LE option and just have everyone pay 6500 for the choice of A) or B), since the artist gets paid no matter how many of either is ordered, but I'm glad they kept the lesser priced option.

#200 8 years ago

Charlie thank you. I was contacted via email today by Kayte just saying hold tight for a day or two because response has been insane. Therefore I'm just holding on hopefully was able to get in on LE but if not so be it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.