2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 223.
#1751 8 years ago

This is really exciting. The best part about this project, these guys are willing to develop a theme nobody else would touch. And, they are willing to make it in such a way that nobody else is willing to make it.

I hope this game is nasty, vulgar, bloody, offensive and rockin'.

#1752 8 years ago

So where are we watching for the release? Pinside, Facebook, Spooky.com?

-c

#1753 8 years ago

This is the most excited I've been for a release in 3 years. And I'm not even a RZ fan. I'm just excited with the potential of the art package and also the uniqueness of the layout. Tried to play KISS and GoT and there isn't an interesting shot on either machine. Only 2-1/2 hours til release!

#1754 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

-c

FB I'd imagine

#1755 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

-c

Likely Facebook first, then someone else will post it here quickly after.

#1756 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I hope this game is nasty, vulgar, bloody, offensive and rockin'.

It is.

#1758 8 years ago

I am assuming Facebook.
tmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpgtmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpgtmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpgtmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpgtmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpgtmp_29266-FB_IMG_14498452690161756569563.jpg

#1759 8 years ago

Someone is going to need to get it moved from facebook to youtube and/or pinside quickly for me because no facebooking allowed at work.

#1760 8 years ago

very nice...

#1761 8 years ago

Looks like the left orbit shot is unchanged from Pinball Zombies.

-c

#1762 8 years ago

can we get an shot fo the old PZFBG in here? We have a few hours to go before reveal so lets have some fun examining the old one.

#1763 8 years ago

This is the old pinball zombies from MGC

217518.jpg217518.jpg
217522-i.jpg217522-i.jpg

#1764 8 years ago

So when do emails go out to people on the list? Have they already been contacted?

#1765 8 years ago

Exciting, yeah the left orbit and 2 pops there haven't changed. Looks like something spooky is on top of the rear pop bumper.

#1766 8 years ago

If you compare the pics, you can see the ghetto blaster is above the target in front of the pop bumper. So i'm guessing the game is very similar.

#1767 8 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

So when do emails go out to people on the list? Have they already been contacted?

I got on list June 17th and I have nothing. I think we find out at noon...

#1768 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can we get an shot fo the old PZFBG in here? We have a few hours to go before reveal so lets have some fun examining the old one.

Quoted from epthegeek:

And here is gameplay video of PZFBG for reference (in case RZ ends up having the same/similar layout):

#1769 8 years ago

10:15am....and counting.....

#1770 8 years ago

Tag. The suspense. Love rob zombies music especially the early white zombie days.

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Exciting, yeah the left orbit and 2 pops there haven't changed. Looks like something spooky is on top of the rear pop bumper.

The Phantom Creeps robot came to mind first, but there's not really enough showing to tell.

#1773 8 years ago

Listening to Zombie here as well. Currently "How to Make a Monster (Kitty's Purrrrformance Mix)", and I'm a bit bummed it won't be in the game.

#1774 8 years ago

Maybe Spooky will make Iron Maiden down the road since Stern never will.

#1775 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If you compare the pics, you can see the ghetto blaster is above the target in front of the pop bumper. So i'm guessing the game is very similar.

My understanding is they added/tweaked some shots, but it's essentially the same game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1776 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

217518.jpg
217522-i.jpg

Oh yeah! I remember that awful hand now!

#1777 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Looks like the left orbit shot is unchanged from Pinball Zombies.
-c

Quoted from Aurich:

My understanding is they added/tweaked some shots, but it's essentially the same game.

"Similar... but a ton better!" - Charlie

#1778 8 years ago

does anyone know if the pinball zombies prototype still exists?
I think it would be cool if down the road spooky does a small run of the game.

#1779 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That is what I'm fearing as well. I never found Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave very interesting, so I'm really hoping this is more than Rob Zombie from Beyond the Grave.

#1780 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That is what I'm fearing as well. I never found Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave very interesting, so I'm really hoping this is more than Rob Zombie from Beyond the Grave.

if you search all the Spooky Charlie posts in this thread- you likely won't be concerned. he stated mos ago it's a fair amount different

#1781 8 years ago

Before this goes ape s**t, and yes... I'm a nervous wreck today, I'm going to give my one and only PS gameplay explanation. Jack Danger will be in our shop on Jan. 15th and we'll explain it fully then and along the way on our podcast.

Yes, this is at first glance VERY similar to what the original game was intended to be... it starts with 3 fast flow / control shots and opens quickly (if you don't suck) to 5 flow shots. THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME!!! It's still chaotic and random if you lose control of the ball, as I intended. There is now an auto-launch, up to 7 ball multi, with the physical ball lock gone so we can feed fast multiball action, and a hell of a lot of insanity in this configuration. Can't talk about all of what we changed / added yet... but it's far more than it appears.

I'm tired of fan layouts... it came out better than I hoped, is super hard to beat, has way more coils than AMH, and the build quality is more reliable and better all around. She's loud, vulgar (out of family mode), and bad ass fast & evil.

If this is getting ripped to shreds in 3 hours, then that's on me. Either people DO want something different game play wise, or they think they do and really don't. Time will tell. Again, if you are on the list and it doesn't look like it appeals to you... please, pass it to someone who will enjoy what it is and let it go down the list... which is VERY long.

Either way, we did our best to make this something really cool. It was an absolute dream theme for me, and I hope we did it justice.

Peace, love, and pinball people... it's only pinball.

Charlie

#1782 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm tired of fan layouts...

Me too. Love that you're trying other things. Looking forward to seeing how it plays.

#1783 8 years ago

Before this goes ape s**t, and yes... I'm a nervous wreck today, I'm going to give my one and only PS gameplay explanation. Jack Danger will be in our shop on Jan. 15th and we'll explain it fully then and along the way on our podcast.
Yes, this is at first glance VERY similar to what the original game was intended to be... it starts with 3 fast flow / control shots and opens quickly (if you don't suck) to 5 flow shots. THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME!!! It's still chaotic and random if you lose control of the ball, as I intended. There is now an auto-launch, up to 7 ball multi, with the physical ball lock gone so we can feed fast multiball action, and a hell of a lot of insanity in this configuration. Can't talk about all of what we changed / added yet... but it's far more than it appears.
I'm tired of fan layouts... it came out better than I hoped, is super hard to beat, has way more coils than AMH, and the build quality is more reliable and better all around. She's loud, vulgar (out of family mode), and bad ass fast & evil.
If this is getting ripped to shreds in 3 hours, then that's on me. Either people DO want something different game play wise, or they think they do and really don't. Time will tell. Again, if you are on the list and it doesn't look like it appeals to you... please, pass it to someone who will enjoy what it is and let it go down the list... which is VERY long.
Either way, we did our best to make this something really cool. It was an absolute dream theme for me, and I hope we did it justice.
Charlie

I'm in. R-E-L-A-X and enjoy Charlie. A percentage of Pinside will whine and bitch but your buyers will love it

#1784 8 years ago

Good luck Chuck and gang!

I for one am very excited for what this new layout may hold.

All I really want to know is WHEN and WHERE can I play it?

Aside from that I am looking forward to checking out the build quality under the hood.

#1785 8 years ago

Charlie

Try not to get too down if people start to dump on it initially, Charlie. We do have a tendency to point out all the negatives first on Pinside. I have no doubt it'll be a hit and it'll sell out.

#1786 8 years ago

No matter how good or how bad the game is, Pinside will rip it a new one, it's what this place does. I wouldn't worry about it.

If this is getting ripped to shreds in 3 hours, then that's on me.

#1787 8 years ago

Congrats to you Charlie and all of team spooky. Good for you for having the stones to think outside the box and not just build yet another fan layout. I look forward to playing rz.

#1788 8 years ago

The only metric I'd worry about is whether anyone buys the game, I wouldn't worry too much about the forum static.

#1789 8 years ago

Charlie

We're all in your corner! Good luck!

#1791 8 years ago

Charlie,

Can you clarify now(and likely save yourself and KT 500 e-mails and calls), will you all send out an e-mail to those of us with a pre-order and if so when, explaining the next steps to either secure our reservation or let it go. Basically do we need to contact you all or will you contact us and if so by when? Thanks, looking forward to the reveal!

#1792 8 years ago

how mani pinballz does teh game come with?

#1793 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

how mani pinballz does teh game come with?

At least 7 apparently! I heard early reports of 6 balls.

#1794 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Charlie,
Can you clarify now(and likely save yourself and KT 500 e-mails and calls), will you all send out an e-mail to those of us with a pre-order and if so when, explaining the next steps to either secure our reservation or let it go. Basically do we need to contact you all or will you contact us and if so by when? Thanks, looking forward to the reveal!

+1

#1795 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Charlie,

I think there going give us all that info at the reveal

#1796 8 years ago

I this I going to be the slowest half hour ever

#1797 8 years ago

One thing that drives me away from owning many modern games is because how darn long they play, and how boring that can get. AMH and RZ (based on how Charlie described it) are games that will kick your ass fast if you're not careful, however also can be controlled. I'm really excited to see RZ, because it sounds right up my alley of mixing what's great about modern games with the faster playtime and more out-of-control nature of classic games.

#1798 8 years ago

I think the good thing for Spooky (business wise) is that if the playfield looks as good as the Translite, they will have no problem selling 300 units, regardless of the gameplay or how it may be criticized here.

#1799 8 years ago

I'm working nights and normally don't get up till 2 pm but I've been waking up every hour since 8am because I'm so excited for the release. Wish I could have paid in full when announced lol the canadian dollar is so shitty now. Still gonna be buying it though.

#1800 8 years ago

I am imagining something similar to Centaur for strategy. Tough to keep balls safely in play but always building towards and adding multiballs to stay safe and alive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.