Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 210.
#1651 3 years ago

Anyone else like, "Man even just a corner of the apron makes me want one!!"

#1652 3 years ago

I'm guessing that just like AMH they will have an on/off option in the settings, but the (s) intrigues me, when was the last game to come out that had more than one video mode? Baywatch?

#1653 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

In general, I'm not a fan of video modes, either. I will reserve judgement until I play them, however. A few games actually have enjoyable ones. Fish Tales is about the only one I can think of that I would miss if it was removed from the game.

BSD!

#1654 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Anyone else like, "Man even just a corner of the apron makes me want one!!"

Indeed

#1655 3 years ago

Ben Heck was spilling all the beans last night

Looking forward to the big reveal!!!

#1656 3 years ago

I'm so excited

will today be the day

#1657 3 years ago

Just posted that the reveal is tommorow at noon eastern time. Seen it on the internet, so it must be true

#1658 3 years ago

From facebook

Spooky Pinball
5 mins ยท
Image freshly clipped from my desktop. Approved, ready, and it's time. Noon eastern, tomorrow...
ALL SHALL BE REVEALED!!!

edit: sorry troy, didn't see your post.

12322961_997172403677320_1878167395938591248_o.jpg

#1660 3 years ago

Can't wait

#1661 3 years ago

Oh man, big shit going down tomorrow. Prepare your wallets!

#1662 3 years ago

$10k by Christmas.

#1663 3 years ago

Noon eastern time tomorrow... let me think... should be a good time for an early Friday evening beer here

#1664 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

$10k by Christmas.

I hope not Spooky is by far the closest to the boutique dream of ordering a completed pinball machine at a reasonable price and getting it in a reasonable time. It would be a bummer if RZ sells out day one and has a big price increase on the secondary market as a rare collectible.

#1665 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I hope not Spooky is by far the closest to the boutique dream of ordering a completed pinball machine at a reasonable price and getting it in a reasonable time. It would be a bummer if RZ sells out day one and has a big price increase on the secondary market as a rare collectible.

ppl would have to sell it for there to be a resale market... there will be some eventually certainly but I doubt anybody buying this game is in it to make a few bucks up front- at least I hope

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I hope not Spooky is by far the closest to the boutique dream of ordering a completed pinball machine at a reasonable price and getting it in a reasonable time. It would be a bummer if RZ sells out day one and has a 50% price increase on the secondary market as a rare collectible.

Eh - it pretty much did sell out a long time ago (maybe 3-4 days if I recall). I'm sure there will be a very small % of people that elect to forfeit their spot in lieu of making the initial deposit, but I would guess < 2%.

#1667 3 years ago

2% to walk away on deposit,that's my chance to pounce!

#1668 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

2% to walk away on deposit,that's my chance to pounce!

From what I understand there is also a list for backup buyers. I sure hope I didn't misunderstand when Charlie and Kayte said they were adding me to the interested list.

#1669 3 years ago

I'm on the interested list

I got to go deposit my deposit

#1670 3 years ago

Not to stir up a hornets nest but like Halloween candy-I just don't think there is enough RZ for everyone,and I understand why. I'm just greedy.

#1671 3 years ago

I'm on the list too. But we haven't seen the game yet. I'm just as excited for the reveal as everyone else, but if the game doesn't actually look like something I want to play a lot then I won't buy it. Theme and art are only part of the package.

Now I'm not putting down Charlie or Spooky here or anything, I hope it comes out great! Just saying, we could do with a little more patience when it comes to deciding what to buy. See the game, then get your wallet out, not the other way around.

After tomorrow I imagine it will all be a lot more clear. I'm glad they didn't show anything at Expo, much better to wait for the full package to be ready.

#1672 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

See the game, then get your wallet out, not the other way around.

Well, yeah, but I sure hope I get to make that decision, not that it's made for me because I'm on list #2 instead of list #1.

#1673 3 years ago

Will be watching for the reveal tomorrow for sure......confirmed June15 they had my info...deposit ready! Looks great, they're putting a super effort in on this! Will Pinside be broken by the reveal? Tune in tomorrow.

#1674 3 years ago

Please let me get a spot

#1675 3 years ago

Can't really tell but looks to be a 20-30 second clip. Prepare to set your players to loop

image.jpeg

#1676 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm just as excited for the reveal as everyone else, but if the game doesn't actually look like something I want to play a lot then I won't buy it. Theme and art are only part of the package.

You worded it as best as you can, as there will be little or no opportunity to play it before purchase commitment is required.

#1677 3 years ago
Quoted from Rico_Roughneck:

Can't really tell but looks to be a 20-30 second clip. Prepare to set your players to loop
image.jpeg

73 seconds by my rough estimate

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

You worded it as best as you can, as there will be little or no opportunity to play it before purchase commitment is required.

I don't know the actual details. It's $1000 down to claim your spot right? But you can get that refunded if you back out?

Most people buying GOT hadn't played it before ordering, but they saw it at least. That's not that unusual really.

#1679 3 years ago

If you are on the fence about a 6k toy, spend a few hundred bucks on a plane ticket and make your way to Benton. Rules might be young, but the layout can be batted. Try to find out about the vision for future coding plans and you will be a very informed customer at that point.

#1680 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

About a minute and a half...

There will be other inf... oh wait, can't talk about it all yet! Lol...

The demand is going to pass the supply quick... and I wish we could magically grow to keep everyone happy, but we'd rather do this right than overreach as a company and have issues later. Plus, I don't want anyone waiting years to get their game!

Doing our best... and clearly some people are going to pass and we'll move down the list to the next person. Not a thing wrong with that... I'd much rather see it in the hands of those who will enjoy the game for the quirky piece of fun it is, than hear about how it's not another fan layout and people regretting their purchase.

All good... excited, nervous, and getting back to work. TONS TO DO!!! And the floor of our new shop is officially poured and I think I can set my desk on it now. Woo hoo!!!

#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If you are on the fence about a 6k toy, spend a few hundred bucks on a plane ticket and make your way to Benton.

Door is open!

#1682 3 years ago

Excited to see this Charlie and congrats on the new office (even if it does not have a roof yet )

Can you share more details around the expected timing of notice/reveal to commitment/deposit request in order to maintain a spot in line?

I would like to be able to plan accordingly for when my 1k RZ deposit will be needed.

#1683 3 years ago

I don't care how long it is so long as it's not 1:15 of Rob Zombie concert clips and 10 seconds of quick pans of still pictures of the playfield.

I'm totally not calling out any other company's reveal videos though.

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Excited to see this Charlie and congrats on the new office (even if it does not have a roof yet )
Can you share more details around the expected timing of notice/reveal to commitment/deposit request in order to maintain a spot in line?
I would like to be able to plan accordingly for when my 1k RZ deposit will be needed.

+1

#1685 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

+2

#1686 3 years ago

When do we get to add RZSSI to our wishlist?

#1687 3 years ago

Fingers crossed that there's an audio out port of some type...because it's not going to be near loud enough!

#1688 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I don't care how long it is so long as it's not 1:15 of Rob Zombie concert clips and 10 seconds of quick pans of still pictures of the playfield.
I'm totally not calling out any other company's reveal videos though.

I can guarantee you there is no concert footage in this video.

#1689 3 years ago

I always liked the CFTBL video mode, knocking out the the peeping tom.

#1690 3 years ago

Anyone remember if the plan is 300 units in 2 years or 3?

#1691 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone remember if the plan is 300 units in 2 years or 3?

Initial plan when announced was 300 units in 3 years, starting production in Jan.

#1692 3 years ago

Initial plan when announced was 300 units in 3 years, starting production in Jan.

They have a 3 year contract to get them done in (which already started) - but I think Charlie mentioned they were going to ramp up speed producing RZ so it won't take that long.

#1693 3 years ago

Until, like lots of video modes, you learn the pattern and can beat it every time.

Quoted from Gort:

I always liked the CFTBL video mode, knocking out the the peeping tom.

#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

About a minute and a half...
There will be other inf... oh wait, can't talk about it all yet! Lol...
The demand is going to pass the supply quick... and I wish we could magically grow to keep everyone happy, but we'd rather do this right than overreach as a company and have issues later. Plus, I don't want anyone waiting years to get their game!
Doing our best... and clearly some people are going to pass and we'll move down the list to the next person. Not a thing wrong with that... I'd much rather see it in the hands of those who will enjoy the game for the quirky piece of fun it is, than hear about how it's not another fan layout and people regretting their purchase.
All good... excited, nervous, and getting back to work. TONS TO DO!!! And the floor of our new shop is officially poured and I think I can set my desk on it now. Woo hoo!!!

12pm Friday EST reveal = 4 am Saturday Morning in Australia.

I guess I can give up all hope of keeping up with this thread after that.

#1695 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

12pm Friday EST reveal = 4 am Saturday Morning in Australia.
I guess I can give up all hope of keeping up with this thread after that.

it'll still be going when you wake up.

#1696 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If you are on the fence about a 6k toy, spend a few hundred bucks on a plane ticket and make your way to Benton.

+car+hotel+time off work... So logical yet so difficult to justify!

Quoted from jalpert:

Until, like lots of video modes, you learn the pattern and can beat it every time.

Right...most of the controversy in video modes is about the patterns and points. If it's worth a lot of points but random, tournament players will complain if one guy randomly gets a big award, and another didn't. If non-random it's pointless memorization. For some the gripe is that it's taking away time from pinball, the same way someone might complain about a drop target blocking a ramp and taking away the flow. So what's the ideal video mode... a randomized but entirely skill based video mode that's worth just enough points to be worth doing, but not too many, and short enough to minimize distraction from actual pinball? They can be fun though.

#1697 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

+car+hotel+time off work... So logical yet so difficult to justify!

The cheapest thing to do would be to just buy the game then if you don't like it sell it to #301. You're probably not losing much or anything on a HUO hard to get game.

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

except JM I have never beaten all four waves, came really close once

but I agree most have a pattern but for some reason I enjoy them

I did get sick of STTNG during league and tourneys cause that's all people did (my self included)

#1699 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They have a 3 year contract to get them done in (which already started) - but I think Charlie mentioned they were going to ramp up speed producing RZ so it won't take that long.

Goal is all 300 in 18 months... or less. Tall order, but we'll try hard.

#1700 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Goal is all 300 in 18 months... or less. Tall order, but we'll try hard.

Are the games being built and shipped in the order that people signed up? And if so, is there a way to know your #?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside