2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 223.
#101 8 years ago

Maybe other people don't like it, but I love the way Charlie's running this new company. He's got the guts to go slow, when instinct (and all the people with no money involved) says go fast. Lots of companies fail because they try to go too fast.

Good for him and his family, I wish them success!

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Maybe other people don't like it, but I love the way Charlie's running this new company. He's got the guts to go slow, when instinct (and all the people with no money involved) says go fast. Lots of companies fail because they try to go too fast.
Good for him and his family, I wish them success!

This is Pinside, the same place where people have been given advice to buy pinball machines on credit cards.

I agree, "Charlie knows best". But don't piss on our enthusiasm .

#103 8 years ago

If Charlie and the Spooky team are checking in on this thread, CONGRATS!! Just making it to game 2 is a true testament to your resolve. Rewarding those who supported AMH is very cool. I'm also glad to see the programmer introducing himself and hope he continues what Ben has been doing, listening to the players/buyers. So refreshing. Really hope this pin rocks!

#104 8 years ago

(delete TL;DR rant)
I wish Spooky luck with their 2nd pin. I will look forward to their 3rd title with great anticipation.
In the meantime, I'll listen to some GREAT zombie trash metal -- from Ghoul.
-mof

#105 8 years ago

Can we have a thread merge here with the other thread? Mods? Use your unlimited power for the greater good.

#106 8 years ago

I love everything they are doing with this. Great license (I don't care for RZ but like his passion and the horror/zombie theme), keep it somewhat limited (realistic production time and SLOW growth while giving plenty of time to keep development of #3 on track and ready for after #2 is all produced) , keep the price the same, improve on what was the biggest critique of #1 (art), support those that supported you (AMH buyers get first crack; still PLENTY left for others to buy), and HAVE FUN making and building games!

The biggest x factor for me at this time is can the new code guy do what Ben has done, listen to customers, tweak rulesets to be more fun, create risk/reward, etc... Ben is a HUGE part of the success of AMH and I hope it has rubbed off on the new guy.

Also obviously, the layout and design needs to rock and it sounds like they are making big changes from what was seen 2 MGCs ago, which is good.

Congrats on #2 announcement Charlie and really looking forward to seeing more images!

#107 8 years ago

No one can complain about a pinball company that only asks you to pay once your game is ready for production.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ben is a HUGE part of the success of AMH and I hope it has rubbed off on the new guy.

Ben tried to rub off on me at the last Pooley's tournament.

But seriously, Ben is AWESOME. Hope he enjoys his game off and gets the urge to program another machine someday.

#109 8 years ago

I'm here and watching everything. Basically, everyone want's the new game to not suck. Point taken

#110 8 years ago

Any Artwork or design revealed yet?

#111 8 years ago

And Ben did rub off on me a bit, I have a new favorite beer!

#112 8 years ago

Physical ball locks are old-school?

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Sure. Black Knight, Sorcerer, Space Station just to name a few.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They are when combined with no autoplunger. So you only get multiball from actual locks, and there's no ball save. What was the last game to do that? White Water?

Modern multiball tends to be pretty different, for better or for worse. Old school doesn't = bad, just an older way of doing things.

#115 8 years ago

Never heard about this theme. Checked it... Just awefull....

Unbelievable.....

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They are when combined with no autoplunger. So you only get multiball from actual locks, and there's no ball save. What was the last game to do that? White Water?
Modern multiball tends to be pretty different, for better or for worse. Old school doesn't = bad, just an older way of doing things.

Ah, gotcha. So, steal the other person's balls, no ball save, no autoplunge. Yeah, i prefer the modern way, but with actual physical ball locks too.

#117 8 years ago

So, I had never heard of this (it looks like a few here had), but Spookshow International was also a comic book series by RZ. It looks like it's an anthology of 'tales of terror', hosted by Captain Spaulding. Could this be what the game is based on?

http://www.prickmag.net/spookshowfeature.html

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The first customers helped launch the company. There's 150 plus 150 potential new customers. I highly doubt this sells out asap. My thoughts are spooky gets 200 pre orders and has to show the game to sell another 100. Does anyone remember how hard and how long it took to sell 150 AMH?
I do agree that the LE run is too small and Chuck may want to think about making 100 special editions and 250 regular editions.

Its going to take all of 2016 to build 300 games, Chuck said he hopes AMH will be done by Jan 1, so he'd have to do 6 a week for 50 weeks to build all RZSI, I think the games will sell out well before the first one rolls off the line 7 months from now.

#119 8 years ago

Snake on MET prem/LE is a pretty cool single ball lock, in my estimation. No need to arbitrarily cut idea of having one out.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Unbelievable.....

Are there any games you like besides WOZ?

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Unbelievable.....

Why all the downvotes? Language barrier...he obviously meant full of awe by the way he spelled it

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Why all the downvotes?

Why? 'Cause opinions of all kinds are welcome with open arms on Pinside.
-mof

#123 8 years ago

Absence of physical ball locks is also "old school" , Balls a poppin' , and Centaur to name a few .

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Its going to take all of 2016 to build 300 games, Chuck said he hopes AMH will be done by Jan 1, so he'd have to do 6 a week for 50 weeks to build all RZSI, I think the games will sell out well before the first one rolls off the line 7 months from now.

I reread Charlie's statement. 300 is the max. I'm sure it will sell out eventually, just not sure 300 people will buy before it has a flipping game. Though I think spooky is being smart with those type of numbers. Hoping the next game goes to 400, then 500. All of a sudden you are competing against Stern or you stay small and make a living. I love dealing with spooky, but I'm skeptical on an instant sell out of 300.

#125 8 years ago

this guys art is awesome check it out that pinball well be sweet looking

http://www.alexhorleyart.com/home.html

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 8 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Absence of physical ball locks is also "old school" , Balls a poppin' , and Centaur to name a few .

Haha, Balls A Poppin' is a fun game. Centaur is definitely an interesting once, it didn't have exactly an autolauncher in the modern sense, but it was definitely ahead of its time.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Quick, somebody tell Stern about the ball locks on Kiss LE.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

this guys art is awesome check it out that pinball well be sweet looking
http://www.alexhorleyart.com/home.html

If the LE Backglass is the Albino Witch I've got a lot of explaining to do at home. But it would be pretty magnificent.
(NSFW http://www.alexhorleyart.com/rob_zombie.html)

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

If the LE Backglass is the Albino Witch I've got a lot of explaining to do at home. But it would be pretty magnificent.
(NSFW http://www.alexhorleyart.com/rob_zombie.html)

Funny....I had showed the wife that earlier and she just said we'll put bandaids over the naughty bits

#130 8 years ago

so when should we expect a layout? sometime in july?

#131 8 years ago

Theme sounds awesome! Hopefully the gameplay will be just as good. Sent Kayte an email earlier today with no response yet... hoping to get in on the LE list. Any word if any spots left yet?

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Theme sounds awesome! Hopefully the gameplay will be just as good. Sent Kayte an email earlier today with no response yet... hoping to get in on the LE list. Any word if any spots left yet?

Emailed yesterday with a question and got a quick response, and emailed today saying I'd be in for an LE spot but haven't gotten an answer yet.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

I sent a message to Charlie earlier yesterday with a similar request. Not sure if that's who I should message or not. No response yet. Seemed like they were getting a lot of messages, so I'm not surprised. Initially it sounded like non-AMH customers should wait until July 4th to message, then I read what sounded like an e-mail list already established for non-AMH.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Why? 'Cause opinions of all kinds are welcome with open arms on Pinside.
-mof

Haha, .

#135 8 years ago

Hope they do a Black Sabbath one next

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Sent Kayte an email earlier today with no response yet...

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

emailed today saying I'd be in for an LE spot but haven't gotten an answer yet.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

I sent a message to Charlie earlier yesterday with a similar request. Not sure if that's who I should message or not. No response yet.

Charlie has said on facebook and maybe here too that they got real behind on emails and were going to catch up today/tomorrow. They had a long road trip to deal with yesterday so I would't be concerned with a delay. I would however, recommend using KT as the point of contact for orders.

#137 8 years ago

I emailed that night at 9:05pm EDT and she responded exactly 38 minutes later that I was in for an LE. Not sure that helps anyone, but just a point of reference that emailing for an LE is the route to go.

#138 8 years ago

Will it ships to Europe? France?? (If France is on Spooky's blacklist, I can collect it at any European port...)

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from TrevixClemson:

My wife has informed me that we will be in for this. She said she'll even fork over the deposit!

Mine too. She also stated "It's only $500 more for the LE right" and gave me that *what's you're point, just do it* look. Anyways, it depends on a lot of things, but, based solely on first announcement impressions so far, we'd be in. The playfield design could change my mind though since that's really important to me (well rules are too but, oddly enough, I'm less worried about that right now).

It'd be my first NIB too

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I emailed that night at 9:05pm EDT and she responded exactly 38 minutes later that I was in for an LE. Not sure that helps anyone, but just a point of reference that emailing for an LE is the route to go.

Did you buy a AMH? I also emailed at 9 pm saying i wanted a LE and she responded to email her back in July.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

This Rob Zombie guy... He's famous?

Yep. Apparently he likes the work of some comic artist dude too.horley Zombie guitar.jpghorley Zombie guitar.jpg

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

< Highly interested in this pin. The theme has a ton of potential. Hopefully I can get a slot before they're all spoken for. I'm in the camp that believes they will sell out quickly.

If you are interested, I'd send an email. I committed yesterday as an AMH #42, I got an email from KT with-in 30 minutes saying I'm in on an LE. BY the end of the show, I wouldn't be surprised if the Texas pinball festival record weekend of near 30 AMH orders wasn't surpassed by the end of Sunday.

rob-zombie-s-spooksh_super.jpgrob-zombie-s-spooksh_super.jpg
#143 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Did you buy a AMH? I also emailed at 9 pm saying i wanted a LE and she responded to email her back in July.

Me too, emailed at 7, response 30 minutes later I'm good in LE queue. I'm AMH #42

#144 8 years ago

Had a PZFBTG reserved long ago. It gets scrapped. Go to RMPS in hopes Rob Zombie gets announced so I could get on the list. It does get announced, but can't get on the list until a huge mad rush on July 5th. I'm disappointed.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Yes....My AMH actually ships this week

#146 8 years ago

Hate to say it, but I don't think anyone but AMH owners will get a shot at the LE. I got a response back within minutes when I emailed yesterday morning. Even being an owner, it's kind of crazy that I may have missed out on the LE if I wasn't following the scarce details leaking out from the seminar and took it upon myself to inquire with KT.

#147 8 years ago

Yeah, I too would be surprised if LEs last much longer. The reality is that there is no cash commitment required since this is not a preorder model and many AMH owners will get in and hope we see more details of game layout and art before needing to put down the relaitvely small deposit until build.

From my perspective the $500 is a pretty fair additional price given what sounds to be uprgaded armor and a real BG with new art?

My final decision will of course come after I see and play the final game and that is also the beauty of the Spooky model. I am sure I will get ample opportunity to play RZSSI before the game is really ready.

Luckily by getting in early I may also get a game on the front end of 2016 which would be good timing.

#148 8 years ago

Wait a second. This is about a comic book? Does that mean we don't have to hear Rob Zombie "music"? Or is that part of the deal?
-mof

#149 8 years ago

Sounds really good and No doubt these will sell out, but I have to say they could have spent more time brainstorming a title, Spookshow International just doesn't do it for me.....Theme is great, title is terrible, let's see some art and playfield now.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

If you are interested, I'd send an email. I committed yesterday as an AMH #42, I got an email from KT with-in 30 minutes saying I'm in on an LE. BY the end of the show, I wouldn't be surprised if the Texas pinball festival record weekend of near 30 AMH orders wasn't surpassed by the end of Sunday.

As noted, I messaged Charlie yesterday, but I also just now messaged KT with the copied message. Have essentially asked to get on whichever version is available once I'm considered (LE preferred). Though with these production numbers...it's really more like LE and LE+.

For an interesting side note, I posted this on the forum 11 days ago

Quoted from Medisinyl:

There are many bands I love that would make for terrible pins as there wouldn't be much well known toy theme and such to go for. I'd be highly interested in bands known for horror theatrics. Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.