2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 223.
#1351 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, but perhaps a custom 3d printed version of your dog on the playfield because ya know, that's what people are really clamoring for.

Or maybe it will be Alice in Wonderland, I heard that one was available

#1352 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, but perhaps a custom 3d printed version of your dog on the playfield because ya know, that's what people are really clamoring for.

Or maybe it will be Alice in Wonderland, I heard that one was available

#1353 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Come on. Everybody knows game #3 is Road House.

I think you mean outhouse: the story of honey dipper dan.

#1354 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I think you mean outhouse: the story of honey dipper dan.

Will sasso (along with Bryan Callan and a few other guests) does a hilarious podcast called "10 minute podcast"
http://tenminutepodcast.com

His fake wrestling show is pretty funny, and his impressions are spot on (hulk hogan, steve austin, arnold schwarznegger)

#1355 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Well after getting the first good nights sleep I've had in 2 weeks and walking around like a zombie at Expo trying to keep myself together yesterday, it sure is fun to wake up to a bunch of people freaking out over something that isn't gonna happen.
There will be 300 Rob Zombie games. Period. Do I hate thinking we could have sold more and grown our little company a little further? Yep... a little. But my word is my word, the contract is for 300, and that's double the number of games we made / sold on the first game. Once we figure out how to build 300, we'll build bigger numbers if the demand exists on whatever game #3 is.
Until we show it, take the deposit, and ship the games... nothing is officially "sold out". We'll go down the customer list in order. Some of you will hate it, start a thread in here about why it sucks and how it could have been so much better, and not buy the game. Others will see it, like it, buy it, and be happy they did. Personally I'd rather see people who like the theme & game play buy it so I don't have to hear about how something I've killed myself to make and care a lot about, is the worst thing ever put together by man.
We don't do everything right... we never will. I'm not going to screw you out of your money. You buy a game from us, you'll get it... and I don't want to make you wait years to do so. We're making lots of improvements in build quality on this, and putting up a new shop to get production moving quicker. These are all huge risks for my family, and we're not going to pre-sell kickstart crowd fund a damn dime of it. We do it by building games and working hard or we don't do it at all.
I'm going over to the Greg Freres appreciation thread... that's MUCH more interesting to me.

Damn Charlie is a stand up guy! The kind of guy you want to be successful!

#1357 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Shame to limit it to 300, this pin seems to be a winner so far, no guarantee the next pin will be, so why not make hay when the sun shines?
Larger factory means ability for more staff and equipment
Doesnt make business sense to me.
No one would begrudge spooky for increasing the run and im sure rob zombie would get on board too.

It makes business sense to me. Also, not killing your staff and coders is a wise business move. It took charlie about 75 weeks to build 150 AMH. If he can double production to do 300 RZ in 75 weeks, I think that's really an agressive goal.

#1358 8 years ago

I'm more excited to see this game than anything out of Stern. I have no idea what to expect, and that's pretty cool.

-c

#1359 8 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

That, in turn, creates the situation where there is "pressure" on the potential buyer to make a spot decision (without having all of the sound, buying decision facts in hand) about whether it is more important to have the game or not have the game by risking, what is for most people, a materially large sum of money. The risk being that the game you get doesn't meet you expectations should you get one in the first place..

I don't understand the "situation", I see no pressure or being put on the spot by Spooky's approach. For me, I saw no risk of losing a material large sum of money. The "on the list, but no $" for RZ removes the "pressure". Once the game is final and revealed to all, they ask everyone in 1 to 300 order, are you in? then $1000 to order your parts please, or out? Spooky asks #301. To me, I saw no risk, no pressure - no commitment until you say yes, and give $1000 deposit and thats only AFTER you see the final product. I understand that "seeing" may not be enough information for some. Some may not feel expectations are met, until they can play the game in person, but I don't see a way around that. Many, or likely all 300, will put money up with just the pictures v. needing a test drive. The $1000 is a potential risk, if Spooky can't deliver a game - but I'm willing to take that risk if/when I hand over that cash.

#1361 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

I'm more excited to see this game than anything out of Stern. I have no idea what to expect, and that's pretty cool.
-c

I'm loving me some RZ but I'm quite sure you are going to be loving on some Stern in 2016 too.

I'm thinking some great changes are coming.

#1362 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm loving me some RZ but I'm quite sure you are going to be loving on some Stern in 2016 too.

My interpretation: "I know something you don't know. Na na na, na na na."

#1363 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

-c

100% agree. RZ will be bad ass...Charlie's and Rob's passion for pinball will ensure game will be great! I've heard Aussie games will be made first! Lol. Would be great if they could ship with our AMH's but would not want AMH to be held up waiting, hanging to play this game

Latest Stern games are okay to play but would not buy any excluding Metallica. no longer value for money. All models are too stripped down.

#1364 8 years ago

I thought the complaining in the TBL thread was bad. Spooky will put out an excellent machine that people will love or hate for their own reasons, but to bash and trash prior to any reveal seems kinda childish. Makes me understand why the communication from the smaller manufactures are so limited, and why stern does little to none until the game is pretty much ready. Imagine if stern released their game line up 6 months to a year in advance. Pinside would be a bunch of raving lunatics........

What we have been shown so far is awesome. Keep up the good work Spooky, I just hope I can get off the wait list and land one of these when they are done.

#1365 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Been hearing that for 3 years.

#1366 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's cool. I'm all for having my expectations blown out of the water. Theme alone doesn't do it for me, the cohesive mix of software, design, and sound is what makes pinball machines come alive. I think spooky achieved this on amh in a funny entertaining way and that's why that game is fun. Stern needs to stop writing software after the game is on the line, and start working in teams like Williams did.

#1367 8 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Spooky will put out an excellent machine that people will love or hate for their own reasons, but to bash and trash prior to any reveal seems kinda childish.

Childish, yes, but how about the opposite situation: singing the praises of this game when all we've seen is an unlit translite? Lets all exercise a little patience and lay judgement only on the final result.

#1368 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Childish, yes, but how about the opposite situation: singing the praises of this game when all we've seen is an unlit translite? Lets all exercise a little patience and lay judgement only on the final result.

Who are we kidding? This game is gonna rock!

#1369 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Possibly the coolest looking unlit translight ever.

If the cabinet / playfield art is anywhere near as nice as the translight, then I'll buy this game on artwork alone!

We are talking Spooky Pinball. They'll keep updating the code until we all are singing it's praises.

Absolutlely no worries on this game!

#1370 8 years ago

no worries on code. There's tons of it!

#1371 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

no worries on code. There's tons of it!

That is great to hear. Will it be like AMH shipping with complete code but future additions and bug fixes?

#1372 8 years ago

Nice!

#1373 8 years ago

The game will not ship with halfassed unfinished code. It will be the game. Updates will come as I get more feedback and continue. Ben spoiled everyone and I'll simply follow his lead.

#1374 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The game will not ship with halfassed unfinished code. It will be the game. Updates will come as I get more feedback and continue. Ben spoiled everyone and I'll simply follow his lead.

A bit unrelated to what you were posting there, but have you spent much time watching pinball tournament coverage? If not I highly recommend doing so because it'll really help you get a better idea of how to analyze your code, scoring, and strategies to make sure they'll hold up and be diverse in a tournament environment.

#1375 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think it's a great model and will keep me a repeat spooky customer. Thanks. -Tommy

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 8 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this reveal, and I was of course hoping to see it at Expo. But I'd much rather Chuck took his time, and showed a finished game. You only get one shot at a reveal.

And that's exactly what he's doing. Because Spooky is really starting to mature as a business. And I think when you want to really put the work in, and do a great game, that it's better to not show it as it's built, but to finish it first. Even if you don't have a license to worry about I still feel that way. Fire all barrels at once and just blow people away. Art! Layout! Code! Pew pew pew.

It's just the smart approach. Spooky is doing great. How much do you want to bet they've decided to go with another professional artist for game #3? They're raising their bar on RZ, and you have to just keep looking forward.

#1377 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

A bit unrelated to what you were posting there, but have you spent much time watching pinball tournament coverage? If not I highly recommend doing so because it'll really help you get a better idea of how to analyze your code, scoring, and strategies to make sure they'll hold up and be diverse in a tournament environment.

Just being a smartass when I say this, but why would I make this game do what everyone else is doing? Can't we just make a fun game and be happy doing it

Honestly though, this is a team effort. I am only one piece of this Spooky puzzle. If the guys in charge don't like something it won't be added. If they want something, it gets added.

#1378 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Just being a smartass when I say this, but why would I make this game do what everyone else is doing? Can't we just make a fun game and be happy doing it
Honestly though, this is a team effort. I am only one piece of this Spooky puzzle. If the guys in charge don't like something it won't be added. If they want something, it gets added.

I'm so confident in this dude (these dudes). Like Spooky himself has typed repeatedly- this will be different! Love it.

So glad the purchase logistics messages are slowing down and we are hopefully close to getting some real discussion after a reveal.

#1379 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I would say that it's more about understanding one segment of your customer base. Not suggesting it's absolutely necessary -- not every game needs to be a great tournament game. But it's good to be able to make these decisions from an informed position.

#1380 8 years ago

I can't get enough of the back glass art... If only I could see just even a 2 square inch section teaser of play field art right now... This is going to be a super exciting reveal when it happens!

#1381 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

but why would I make this game do what everyone else is doing? Can't we just make a fun game and be happy doing it

I think it is more of suggestion to look at how other games attempt to balance scoring and general play style.

Good pinball code requires the ability to ensure that a game does not have a single way to score points or a way for players to take advantage of a scoring weakness.

Good pinball code provides good risk/reward that mirrors to physical risk/reward of the game and makes it fun/challenging to all types of players. If you follow the lead set by Ben you will be fine. I am sure he will tell you that it took a while for him to refine the style of his code and his incorporation of feedback has been key to how awesome the game is now!

#1382 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I can't get enough of the back glass art... If only I could see just even a 2 square inch section teaser of play field art right now... This is going to be a super exciting reveal when it happens!

I know it's not like the reveal is going to happen on a random day in this Pinside thread, but I have to check this thread every time it updates just in case...

#1383 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I know it's not like the reveal is going to happen on a random day in this Pinside thread, but I have to check this thread every time it updates just in case...

Haha, you read my mind, that's pretty much what I was coming here to say a few minutes ago but couldn't put it into words!

#1384 8 years ago

Kind of Off-topic but I saw Sid Haig in a new movie called Bone Tomahawk.

download (2).jpgdownload (2).jpg

#1385 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Kind of Off-topic but I saw Sid Haig in a new movie called Bone Tomahawk.
download (2).jpg

Also, kind of off topic but I haven't heard Bone Thugs N Harmony in quite some time:

#1386 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Also, kind of off topic but I haven't heard Bone Thugs N Harmony in quite some time:
» YouTube video

I don't care how off topic that was, I really LOL'd.

#1387 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

That's cool. I'm all for having my expectations blown out of the water. Theme alone doesn't do it for me, the cohesive mix of software, design, and sound is what makes pinball machines come alive. I think spooky achieved this on amh in a funny entertaining way and that's why that game is fun. Stern needs to stop writing software after the game is on the line, and start working in teams like Williams did.

Spooky is GREAT. Amazing what these guys have achieved.

I'm sending in RZ check as soon as they announce.

Stern is really upping their game. 2016 is gonna be a great year for pinball.

Not really sure why they don't leak out more of what's coming. Doesn't make much sense.

#1388 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not really sure why they don't leak out more of what's coming. Doesn't make much sense.

Because leaking tells people what's coming. Great! you say. Yeah well, there's competition out there now. Don't think all these pinball companies won't use that information against each other. It's a small pond, the fish are getting bigger, it's not all chill once you leave the collector level.

#1389 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Sid Haig in a new movie called Bone Tomahawk.

He's also in an episode of the A-team.

#1390 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

it's not all chill once you leave the collector level.

What him say?
-mof

#1391 8 years ago

Charlie said it would be a few weeks after the Expo to get the first complete game built with artwork. Im guessing another week or two we'll see it.

#1392 8 years ago

12046751_10153386945858323_7889202875823556144_n.jpg12046751_10153386945858323_7889202875823556144_n.jpg

#1393 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't think all these pinball companies won't use that information against each other.

If I were Stern, I'd use such information to make them more appealable versus the competition rather than waiting until it actually comes out many months later and after people have made decisions on what to buy or not.

Maybe Stern and others think there is an endless supply of hobby $$$ to buy future pins?

#1394 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't think all these pinball companies won't use that information against each other.

Yup, probably mentioned in other threads, but GoT looks suspiciously like The Hobbit in layout and theme IMHO. Not a coincidence that JJP showed a swords and sorcery themed design with an open playfield and crossing ramps in the top center and a captured ball in the middle, and Stern all of a sudden happens to be making the same.

It's not paranoia if everyone really is out to get you.

#1395 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, probably mentioned in other threads, but GoT looks suspiciously like The Hobbit in layout and theme IMHO. Not a coincidence that JJP showed a swords and sorcery themed design with an open playfield and crossing ramps in the top center and a captured ball in the middle, and Stern all of a sudden happens to be making the same.

OK for the theme but TH and GoT layouts have nearly nothing in common. Games are polar opposites...

#1396 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It's not paranoia if everyone really is out to get you.

Have to admit, the cross ramps in the centre, the captive ball in between the ramps and the Smaug/GOTLE cabinet art got me thinking that also, but the rest of the game is not similar in any way.

#1397 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, probably mentioned in other threads, but GoT looks suspiciously like The Hobbit in layout and theme IMHO.

Actually GoT looks more like Medieval Castle than The Hobbit. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-castle

#1398 8 years ago

Does anyone have insight as to HOW the reveal will be conducted. I'm on the list, so I'm wondering if the reveal will be made via the emails on that list, or if I have to catch it here on Pinside. I had a lul in my Pinside viewing and almost missed out on getting in on the game, I don't want to get passed over if I don't catch the thread here.

#1399 8 years ago

Is there a set date for the reveal?

#1400 8 years ago

Yea, I hope there are emails and not just a mad dash, first-come-first-served to get your money down after some post on pinside or reveal at a show. I almost missed getting on the list in the first place because I didn't realize they had started taking names.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Wanted
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.