2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 223.
#1151 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Really good? It's fing Awesome!

Agreed! That's what I'm talking about when I say killer artwork.

#1153 8 years ago

Charlie-any chance you can bring this glass to pinball life party for us to drool? my son took the day off to spend some time watching his old man get his chicken signed by sven ..we are also on the early list to get and plan on putting rob z next to bone busters and haunted house..thanks for your efforts and talent to make this happen.

#1154 8 years ago

I think selling the backglass separately will be a good way to raise money beyond the 300 machines.

#1155 8 years ago

Great Art

Can't wait to see more of the game

#1156 8 years ago

damn that looks good

#1157 8 years ago

man i wish they would release some pics of the playfield! I have a GoT on order, but may switch for this if it plays and looks great.

#1158 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

man i wish they would release some pics of the playfield! I have a GoT on order, but may switch for this if it plays and looks great.

ive got a feeling not going to be many spots open at the end of the day on this pin.

#1159 8 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

ive got a feeling not going to be many spots open at the end of the day on this pin.

If the demand is great enough, they will make more.

At least that's what all those business classes I took taught me.

#1160 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

If the demand is great enough, they will make more.
At least that's what all those business classes I took taught me.

I think only 300 first run.

#1161 8 years ago

I thought there was only ONE run...

#1162 8 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

All spots were filled shortly after the announcement and I've heard the wait list is a mile long. They are only making 300.

#1163 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

All 300 spots were quickly filled after the announcement and I've heard wait list is a mile long.
They are only making 300.

I should have been more clear.i don't see many back-outs on this pin.i don't see people dropping out or selling spot.demand far more than supply so even to find used later may cost plenty.we got on early as this a dream theme for my sons.

#1164 8 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

I should have been more clear.i don't see many back-outs on this pin.i don't see people dropping out or selling spot.demand far more than supply so even to find used later may cost plenty.we got on early as this a dream theme for my sons.

I agree. If you're not near the top of the wait list you're probably S.O.L.

#1165 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

If it is 100% ready (minus code) it will be at Expo... if not, it will be a few weeks later for the complete reveal. Doing the best we can, but showing unfinished product is something I don't ever want to do again.
Just glad you're liking the glass art! Alex is insanely talented, and I hope we get to do lots more games with him.

Take your time (so I can work on my deposit money)

#1166 8 years ago

I hear the decals on Spooky cabinets don't peel either

#1167 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

If it is 100% ready (minus code) it will be at Expo... if not, it will be a few weeks later for the complete reveal. Doing the best we can, but showing unfinished product is something I don't ever want to do again.

You could always come down to the Houston Arcade Expo Nov 13th and 14th and do the big reveal.
Houstonians will welcome you.

#1168 8 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

I think only 300 first run.

Exactly. "First run".

As a business, if you knew people had cash in hand and wanted your product, why limit it to just 300 total? Make a small cosmetic change to the game, and sell it as a non-exclusive to satiate those who got in line early?

Just my two cents. No need to downvote me.

#1169 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think selling the backglass separately will be a good way to raise money beyond the 300 machines.

Not a bad idea. Sell them with a light box that you could easily swap out the art. You could even sell a limited run of signed copies. Not everyone can afford a nib machine so that would be a good way to grow your brand.

#1170 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

They are not "downvoting" you..just "not agreeing" with you.

My understanding is there's going to be ONE run of 300 and that's IT....

#1171 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They are not "downvoting" you..just "not agreeing" with you.
My understanding is there's going to be ONE run of 300 and that's IT....

I don't even have a desire to buy the game. I just think limiting your earning potential isn't the smartest of business decisions.

#1172 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

As a business, if you knew people had cash in hand and wanted your product, why limit it to just 300 total?

It's a selling point that it's a limited run boutique game. Makes people not sit on the hands because they think they can just get one whenever. Fill up a 300 person waitlist and they'll be busy for a long time making games.

#1173 8 years ago

Spooky explained why he's doing it that way....

#1174 8 years ago

I can't really say how definite this is, but here's the reasoning behind one run of 300 games.

Spooky's production capacity is about 150 games per year. It would take 2 years to produce 300 games. Spooky says they don't want to get stuck producing a single game, and they would rather limit the run and be able to continue designing new games.

#1175 8 years ago

Most of you "only 300?" Buyers don't get it. It's not so much about making it limited, spooky can't currently make more than 3-4 pins/week. If they can manage a pin per day, it's just over a year to build. Even with breaking ground on a new building, that won't be done for a while, maybe not even till 2017.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1176 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Exactly. "First run".
As a business, if you knew people had cash in hand and wanted your product, why limit it to just 300 total? Make a small cosmetic change to the game, and sell it as a non-exclusive to satiate those who got in line early?

no down vote from me,but same as most haunted Charlie says 300 games so I'm guessing only 300 games on rob zombie pin...if he manufacture more no problem for me and hope any one who see this as their dream pin got on the list first few days.

#1177 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not a bad idea. Sell them with a light box that you could easily swap out the art. You could even sell a limited run of signed copies. Not everyone can afford a nib machine so that would be a good way to grow your brand.

What a great idea!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swap-box-introducing-a-new-game-roompinball-led-light-box-display
image.jpgimage.jpg

#1178 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I don't even have a desire to buy the game. I just think limiting your earning potential isn't the smartest of business decisions.

Chuck has explained this already, he limited it to 300 because that's what he felt comfortable committing to build. So from his perspective it is smart business, because it's more than just about how much money he could possibly make.

Speaking personally as someone who's on the list to buy one already I wouldn't be upset if they did make more. But from everything Chuck has said that doesn't seem likely right now. And other buyers may not feel the same, some people like owning a limited thing.

#1179 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I hear the decals on Spooky cabinets don't peel either

Hilarious! I've got side by side comparisons to back that up!

#1180 8 years ago

Spooky Pinball appreciation Haiku

translite looks awesome
can't wait to see the playfield.
certainly bad ass!

-c

#1181 8 years ago

Amazing artwork. That style on the playfield and cabinet is going to = one of the most gorgeous pins ever. The good news is we're going to see an improvement in art across the pinball world now. Stern has taken it on the chin over GOT art and with Spooky, Heighway, Dutch, JJP all bringing gems to market, it's going to be great watching each company try and ONE UP each other's art. Kudos to Charlie and team!

#1182 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Stern has taken it on the chin over GOT art and with Spooky, Alien, Dutch, JJP all bringing gems to market

What does the Alien backglass look like??

#1183 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I mean Heighway. Aurich's gonna deliver.

#1184 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's still under development...

alien.pngalien.png

#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

That's the old version, there's a big drop shadow glow around each character and the logo now.

#1186 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

alien.png

When I first looked at that I thought, "Is Stern making it?"

#1187 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

alien.png

Looks good! Ship it.

We can fix the art with a code update.

#1188 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's the old version, there's a big drop Shadow glow around each character and the logo now.

What?!! No bevel & emboss??!!!

#1189 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Amazing artwork. That style on the playfield and cabinet is going to = one of the most gorgeous pins ever. The good news is we're going to see an improvement in art across the pinball world now. Stern has taken it on the chin over GOT art and with Spooky, Alien, Dutch, JJP all bringing gems to market, it's going to be great watching each company try and ONE UP each other's art. Kudos to Charlie and team!

Yea, Spooky's use of a highly talented artist producing all original artwork for the game is is doing it right.

I'm not yet convinced that Stern is in the "one up" game... they appear to be content cobbling together a handful of licensed images using photoshop for their products. MET was an aberration (DD was requested by Metallica), and KISS is a nod to the 70's artwork... both far better than anything else they do or have done.

#1190 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Haha, nice Stern mockup! (mock pun intended)

#1191 8 years ago

"Nobody will see the cabinet art once the decals peel off"

- Stern

#1192 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yea, Spooky's use of a highly talented artist producing all original artwork for the game is is doing it right.
I'm not yet convinced that Stern is in the "one up" game... they appear to be content cobbling together a handful of licensed images using photoshop for their products. MET was an aberration (DD was requested by Metallica), and KISS is a nod to the 70's artwork... both far better than anything else they do or have done.

Well Stern doesn't have to "ONE UP" until someone can ship consistently. They still have a monopoly in this industry.

#1193 8 years ago

looks great guys. love seeing the facebook updates and how happy everyone seems.

#1194 8 years ago

I'm not a fan of the horror genre and I'm indifferent to Mr. Zombie, but that art could sway me. Most impressive.

The art is the one thing that is always on.

#1195 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Even if they don't have playfield art I hope they can bring a flipping whitewood so we can play it and see what it's like.

Charlie won't reveal anything but a complete, finished game.

#1196 8 years ago

All I can say is that translite.......

KICK'S ASS!

#1197 8 years ago

I am not in on this game, but the translite looks awesome - well done

#1198 8 years ago

Is anyone else nervous about the list??? I sent an email and got a simple response that I was added, but I would feel better if there was something more formal??

#1199 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is anyone else nervous about the list??? I sent an email and got a simple response that I was added, but I would feel better if there was something more formal??

Vote with your dollar when the art/gameplay is revealed. That should solidify your spot.

#1200 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I'm nervous I'm not on the list

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 20.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.