2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg
R0010088 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 223.
#11001 1 year ago

I like it the way it is personally. When the purple flasher is going off and the game being so dark it’s very disorienting, I love it.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Not a fan of the pin stadium lights but does anyone have them, or something else to brighten up the playfield and do you like it? If just feels too dark.

#11002 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Not a fan of the pin stadium lights but does anyone have them, or something else to brighten up the playfield and do you like it? If just feels too dark.

I would recommend using a few strategically placed comet matrix led strips. They work great to brighten up this playfield which is dark by design.

https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix

#11003 1 year ago

I know one of my issues is placement in the basement. I have my main lineup in an area in between overhead lights and right now RZ is kind of an odd spot with lighting.

I agree the purple flasher is disorienting and I like it when it lights up

I’ll have to check out the comet light strips.

I did see a mod, I’m sure it’s no longer available, where capt Spaulding area appeared to be lit up with like a ‘street light’ which added some depth to the machine. Maybe that’s what I feel like I’m missing. Just a few well mods for some extra random lighting.

#11004 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I know one of my issues is placement in the basement. I have my main lineup in an area in between overhead lights and right now RZ is kind of an odd spot with lighting.
I agree the purple flasher is disorienting and I like it when it lights up
I’ll have to check out the comet light strips.
I did see a mod, I’m sure it’s no longer available, where capt Spaulding area appeared to be lit up with like a ‘street light’ which added some depth to the machine. Maybe that’s what I feel like I’m missing. Just a few well mods for some extra random lighting.

You may be thinking of the street light over the chicken and gas sign which was made by Tim's Pinball Mods (@outcida). It was more of a decorative mod and looked great. It did light up the sign and upper playfield area a bit but didn't really enhance the lighting of Spaulding or any other playfield areas.

light (resized).pnglight (resized).png
#11005 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You may be thinking of the street light over the chicken and gas sign which was made by Tim's Pinball Mods (outcida). It was more of a decorative mod and looked great. It did light up the sign and upper playfield area a bit but didn't really enhance the lighting of Spaulding or any other playfield areas.
[quoted image]

That’s def it! I get that they can only make so many for production run especially when the number of machines is so small. I just wish they could re print or make some of these for an up charge. I’d def pay it

#11006 1 year ago

I like it dark.

3 weeks later
#11007 1 year ago

anyone looking for a set of side rails that have rob zombie lasered in them? These are the original ones that came from spooky.

2 weeks later
#11008 1 year ago

Why is the LE version not recognized separately in the Pinside Machines tab?

#11009 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

Why ask here instead of pinging a mod and actually doing something about your issue?

#11010 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Why ask here instead of pinging a mod and actually doing something about your issue?

What?

#11011 1 year ago

Would you like me to type it again, or would you just be happy reading it again?

#11012 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Would you like me to type it again, or would you just be happy reading it again?

Chill…

#11013 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Quoted from punkin:

Neither :/
Why can't you just explain? No need to be hostile

#11014 1 year ago

Would you like me to type it again, or would you just be happy reading
Anyone else? Why RZ "LE" isn't recognized in the Machines tab?

#11016 1 year ago

No need for reply now. After reading Robin's new post, it explains why

#11017 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

I believe they are working on it. Seems the Metallica Prem and LE are now a separate pin. A few days ago Met LE had no reviews..

Probably going pin by pin to see if there are ANY differences. Even art? Thats the only diff between Met Prem and LE, so they get seperated?

2 weeks later
#11018 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I believe they are working on it. Seems the Metallica Prem and LE are now a separate pin. A few days ago Met LE had no reviews..
Probably going pin by pin to see if there are ANY differences. Even art? Thats the only diff between Met Prem and LE, so they get seperated?

Does anyone know if the LEs all got the lighting upgrades standard? I just played someone's bare bones Pro and was surprised how much darker the game was without them. Mine's a Pro but with every box ticked, virtually every mod available, and the LE translite. I think that only leaves the laser cut rails as a difference.

#11019 1 year ago
Quoted from emkay:

Does anyone know if the LEs all got the lighting upgrades standard? I just played someone's bare bones Pro and was surprised how much darker the game was without them. Mine's a Pro but with every box ticked, virtually every mod available, and the LE translite. I think that only leaves the laser cut rails as a difference.

There is no lighting upgrade on the LEs. There was a factory option for "Ghost Buster Premium LED Upgrade light kit" but it didn't make the game brighter. Anything brighter will be aftermarket mods. I used the UV GI lighting kit from Pinball Refinery on mine which helped a ton.

#11020 1 year ago
Quoted from emkay:

Yes, I bought #199 NIB

1 week later
#11021 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There is no lighting upgrade on the LEs. There was a factory option for "Ghost Buster Premium LED Upgrade light kit" but it didn't make the game brighter. Anything brighter will be aftermarket mods. I used the UV GI lighting kit from Pinball Refinery on mine which helped a ton.

I should have been more clear, I meant the chicken bucket, robot eyes, and boombox lights. I'm assuming all the LEs got them from what you're saying.

#179 NIB here.

#11022 1 year ago
Quoted from emkay:

I should have been more clear, I meant the chicken bucket, robot eyes, and boombox lights.

I wouldn't call those "lighting upgrades". It's just a few small LEDs for effect. Not really intended to brighten things up.

#11023 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

$5995 for regular. $500 more for LE.
$1000 down then nothing until you get your game.

The good 'ol days

#11024 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I wouldn't call those "lighting upgrades". It's just a few small LEDs for effect. Not really intended to brighten things up.

I get what you're saying, but they cost $200 extra ($240 after 5/9/16) on the standard edition and would be difficult to add to a game ordered without them. I was only asking if the LEs all came with them or not.

FWIW, I checked my invoice and the premium LEDs were an additional $80 and the plastic protectors were $20.

3 weeks later
#11025 1 year ago

A friend of mine, mara to be exact, has a Rob Zombie from Spooky that's acting very very strangely. What's happening is that the game gives out one ball, but after a while starts to spew out more balls like it's a pitching machine. We thought this could be something to do with the diodes on the ball trough switches, then with some other diode on some other switch in the matrix, but after we cut one leg off of each and every one 1N4007 in the whole playfield, they all tested totally fine.

The reason we were thinking about the diodes is that there was a similar situation before, where a ball hit one of the upper playfield's switches from below, damaging the diode. Changing that diode fixed the issue and the machine worked for a few months again.

Now here comes the first interesting part. The ball vomiting stops when you raise the left flipper and keep it raised. We thought that this has something to do with the EOS switch, so we shorted that as a test, but still it did the same thing, spewing balls and stopping when raising left flipper. If it starts working with left flipper raised, it works with the right flipper raised too. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, spewing balls like it's a batting cage, no matter how we try to keep the flippers up.

Hmm, well maybe the CPU board has something broken? No biggie, we got a spare one. We switched it to that, having a firmware 25 on an SD card, and then it was working all fine and dandy for a while, like one game or so. We then tried it with the latest firmware, version 26, on different SD card, and the spewing continued. We downgraded to the earlier firmware SD card with no noticeable difference. The game still spits steel balls like it needs to show us how many are inside there.

Someone said that a factory reset helped with that issue, but we only see the install factory settings option in the menu and that doesn't seem to do anything, except put the factory settings in. Is there some way to do a factory reset, and if yes, how? It seems dung posted about that earlier in this thread, thus tagging if that's okay.

Also the game has a weird thing with the sounds, or the music to be exact. Occasionally the music sounds like it distorts, clipping the sound very nastily. I noticed that the music also seems to slow down, giving me the feeling that the CPU is having a hard time keeping up. I encounter similar sounds when I'm making music and I add too many software instruments and my computer can't keep up, slowing down the music and missing audio as it's playing them out of sync. We tried lowering the volume, as that helps with the clipping if it's amp related, but that didn't help. We raised the volume significantly, and it didn't make it worse, signifying that it's probably not the amp circuitry clipping or such.

So, I ask you wise people of the internet: what can we do from here? Any advice on where to continue to look? We'd love some help, as we're starting to lose hope and have no idea what to do.

#11026 1 year ago
Quoted from emkay:

I get what you're saying, but they cost $200 extra ($240 after 5/9/16) on the standard edition and would be difficult to add to a game ordered without them. I was only asking if the LEs all came with them or not.

FWIW, I checked my invoice and the premium LEDs were an additional $80 and the plastic protectors were $20.

To answer your question, the LEDs in the chicken bucket, robot eyes, and boombox were not included with the LE. These were an extra cost option for both models.

#11027 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

To answer your question, the LEDs in the chicken bucket, robot eyes, and boombox were not included with the LE. These were an extra cost option for both models.

Thank you. That's what I thought I remembered but couldn't find anything to confirm.

#11028 1 year ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

A friend of mine, mara to be exact, has a Rob Zombie from Spooky that's acting very very strangely. What's happening is that the game gives out one ball, but after a while starts to spew out more balls like it's a pitching machine. We thought this could be something to do with the diodes on the ball trough switches, then with some other diode on some other switch in the matrix, but after we cut one leg off of each and every one 1N4007 in the whole playfield, they all tested totally fine.
The reason we were thinking about the diodes is that there was a similar situation before, where a ball hit one of the upper playfield's switches from below, damaging the diode. Changing that diode fixed the issue and the machine worked for a few months again.
Now here comes the first interesting part. The ball vomiting stops when you raise the left flipper and keep it raised. We thought that this has something to do with the EOS switch, so we shorted that as a test, but still it did the same thing, spewing balls and stopping when raising left flipper. If it starts working with left flipper raised, it works with the right flipper raised too. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, spewing balls like it's a batting cage, no matter how we try to keep the flippers up.
Hmm, well maybe the CPU board has something broken? No biggie, we got a spare one. We switched it to that, having a firmware 25 on an SD card, and then it was working all fine and dandy for a while, like one game or so. We then tried it with the latest firmware, version 26, on different SD card, and the spewing continued. We downgraded to the earlier firmware SD card with no noticeable difference. The game still spits steel balls like it needs to show us how many are inside there.
Someone said that a factory reset helped with that issue, but we only see the install factory settings option in the menu and that doesn't seem to do anything, except put the factory settings in. Is there some way to do a factory reset, and if yes, how? It seems dung posted about that earlier in this thread, thus tagging if that's okay.
Also the game has a weird thing with the sounds, or the music to be exact. Occasionally the music sounds like it distorts, clipping the sound very nastily. I noticed that the music also seems to slow down, giving me the feeling that the CPU is having a hard time keeping up. I encounter similar sounds when I'm making music and I add too many software instruments and my computer can't keep up, slowing down the music and missing audio as it's playing them out of sync. We tried lowering the volume, as that helps with the clipping if it's amp related, but that didn't help. We raised the volume significantly, and it didn't make it worse, signifying that it's probably not the amp circuitry clipping or such.
So, I ask you wise people of the internet: what can we do from here? Any advice on where to continue to look? We'd love some help, as we're starting to lose hope and have no idea what to do.

Also probably relevant info is that this happens even after changing the diode of the upper playfield switch (the one causing all the problems) and while having the upper playfield raised, so it cannot even do any shenanigans, I presume.

#11029 1 year ago

What switches show stuck in test mode?

#11030 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

What switches show stuck in test mode?

Well, interestingly none of the switches are stuck. The ball trough just has different switches on or off depending if a ball is there (which is normal), but sometimes some of the switches in the trough get lost and sometimes they reappear, losing some other switch. This can happen when the machine is bumped, or when you take one ball away or add a ball to the trough.

#11031 1 year ago

A single faulty trough switch can cause all sorts of weirdness. Are you able to isolate a single switch that is intermittent when bumping the game on switch test? Perhaps a flaky/cracked solder joint?

1 week later
#11032 12 months ago

Every time Zombie boots it asks me to set date/time. I changed the battery as I thought that could be the issue but its still asking every time. Any ideas on how to stop this? Thanks

1 month later
#11033 10 months ago

Looking for Medisinyl Spine Tunnel mod, sign lamp mod and LE back glass for my RZ. Anyone willing to sell- please PM me.

#11034 9 months ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Every time Zombie boots it asks me to set date/time. I changed the battery as I thought that could be the issue but its still asking every time. Any ideas on how to stop this? Thanks

Bumping

3 months later
#11035 5 months ago

It's been somewhat quiet here as I've tried to catch up in this long forum thread. I'm so glad to be about to join this club with RZ arriving Monday. Been a big Spooky fan since starting with RAM, then ACNC a week later, then HW and a TNA CE. so glad to have my 5th Spooky game come home.

#11036 5 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

It's been somewhat quiet here as I've tried to catch up in this long forum thread. I'm so glad to be about to join this club with RZ arriving Monday. Been a big Spooky fan since starting with RAM, then ACNC a week later, then HW and a TNA CE. so glad to have my 5th Spooky game come home.

Welcome fellow glutton for punishment. RZ makes it hurt so good.

#11037 5 months ago

It's a great game! Welcome.

#11038 5 months ago

Ok this is a pin I've wondered about for quite some time. How is reliability and parts support. Spooky or otherwise, HUO.

#11039 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok this is a pin I've wondered about for quite some time. How is reliability and parts support. Spooky or otherwise, HUO.

Hit or miss, some seem to have more trouble than others. The build quality is solid but it’s early Spooky so things pop up that you maybe don’t see from bigger companies. Seems like their quality improves with each new pin, which is obviously natural. I have it at the open end of my lineup because it’s the one I expect to take the glass off of most often. But it’s also the one I’ll never sell.

#11040 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How is reliability and parts support.

Ours has been pretty stable for the most part. A few switches have been replaced and a couple resolders here and there but I've done the same thing on our Godzilla so basic pinball stuff. I did break a plastic about a year ago and Spooky got one in the mail straight away. Super awesome support there which is no surprise.

2 weeks later
#11041 5 months ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

Welcome fellow glutton for punishment. RZ makes it hurt so good.

Right now it just hurts... While fine-tuning the game I went into the switch test mode and was adjusting the right pop bumper leaf switch when my adjustment tool came into contact with one of the solenoid lugs: After the pop bumper solenoid energized slightly I lost all switches in column 2. Even though the coils weren't supposed to function (and I wasn't supposed to touch the lug!) I messed up. Checked all the fuses - they're all good.

Haven't been able to find a schematic for the board, just the general layout on Spooky site. Anyone have a schematic so I can identify the mosfet I probably blew up? The game was playing real good but I had to make it just a little bit better... now I have to fix what wasn't broken! Would appreciate any recommendations on next steps.

#11042 5 months ago

I'm shopping out a Rob Zombie and I can't figure out how to remove the Bucket of Fried Chicken so I can work on the pop bumper.

Anyone?

Thanks,

RussMyers

#11043 5 months ago

My creeper robot no longer moves. Any thoughts besides checking connections?

#11044 5 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

My creeper robot no longer moves. Any thoughts besides checking connections?

It’s probably a servo motor failure. That’s a pretty common issue. Spooky has a YouTube video that illustrates the replacement procedure.

#11045 5 months ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

It’s probably a servo motor failure. That’s a pretty common issue. Spooky has a YouTube video that illustrates the replacement procedure.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. By the way I think RZ is one of the best spooky pins made for pure fun.

#11046 5 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Right now it just hurts... While fine-tuning the game I went into the switch test mode and was adjusting the right pop bumper leaf switch when my adjustment tool came into contact with one of the solenoid lugs: After the pop bumper solenoid energized slightly I lost all switches in column 2. Even though the coils weren't supposed to function (and I wasn't supposed to touch the lug!) I messed up. Checked all the fuses - they're all good.
Haven't been able to find a schematic for the board, just the general layout on Spooky site. Anyone have a schematic so I can identify the mosfet I probably blew up? The game was playing real good but I had to make it just a little bit better... now I have to fix what wasn't broken! Would appreciate any recommendations on next steps.

Once again, Spookie service exceeds my best expectations: Just after 8am Spookie time on Monday, AJ responded to my Sunday email request for help and sends me a PinHeck layout for me to trace my Column 2 failure. Once confirming that the ic chip CD74HCT244E was implicated by doing the trace, I ordered a few replacements from DigiKey just in case I make a similar mistake in the future (also the <$1 chip cost gets inflated by the $7 shipping cost). I don't think AJ would mind my sharing the PinHeck layout here just in case anyone else might be interested. Spookie service has just been excellent! Thanks!!!

RZ Pinheck ICB Layout.pdfRZ Pinheck ICB Layout.pdf
#11047 5 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. By the way I think RZ is one of the best spooky pins made for pure fun.

I asked a new player at comp warmup here the other day what his favourite he'd played so far and he surpised me by saying IJPA. It's inevitably either Deadpool or Rob Zombie.

#11048 5 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Once again, Spookie service exceeds my best expectations: Just after 8am Spookie time on Monday, AJ responded to my Sunday email request for help and sends me a PinHeck layout for me to trace my Column 2 failure. Once confirming that the ic chip CD74HCT244E was implicated by doing the trace, I ordered a few replacements from DigiKey just in case I make a similar mistake in the future (also the <$1 chip cost gets inflated by the $7 shipping cost). I don't think AJ would mind my sharing the PinHeck layout here just in case anyone else might be interested. Spookie service has just been excellent! Thanks!!![quoted image]

The $0.91 ic chip arrived today and in she went - Rob Zombie LIVES again! Lesson learned, not a good idea adjusting leaf switches while the machine is on, in switch test mode - unless you're really careful to avoid closing unintentional circuits! Now I can enjoy Halloween season with the 3 Spookie games: Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle, Halloween and Rob Zombie! Let the games begin...

#11049 5 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

The $0.91 ic chip arrived today and in she went - Rob Zombie LIVES again! Lesson learned, not a good idea adjusting leaf switches while the machine is on, in switch test mode - unless you're really careful to avoid closing unintentional circuits! Now I can enjoy Halloween season with the 3 Spookie games: Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle, Halloween and Rob Zombie! Let the games begin...

I have a different trio, but good times nonetheless.

spooky2 (resized).jpgspooky2 (resized).jpg

#11050 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have a different trio, but good times nonetheless.
[quoted image]

Awesome set up! I have TNA CE too but was focused on Halloween ghoulishness. Enjoy playing this weekend!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Johnson City, TN
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
There are 11,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/221 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.