Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 210.
#1051 4 years ago

When Data East did Guns 'N Roses, Slash had a lot of input into the design and it had a pretty positive effect.

Has Rob had any input into the game design on this? I know he's a pinball fan so it might be a similar situation.

#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Yes we added more flow, toys, mechs, and some great other surprises, but... it's still a wild non "fan layout" type of game. If it fails horribly, then so be it... we can make a fan layout game on #3, and at least we took the chance and stuck to my vision for 1 game. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Not the first time, won't be the last.

I appreciate the fact that this game is not going to be another "fan layout" game and will truly offer a unique playing experience over anything released the past 25 years. With that being said I am anxiously awaiting a look at the the changes that were made since I last played the original prototype that I played at MGC a couple years back. I really liked seeing the pop bumpers being used as a randomizer and a return to a more simpler layout of years past, much like Black Hole but much of the layout just didn't shoot well. The left orbit shot and the upper playfield were my biggest gripes. -neither were satisfying to shoot for me. I don't think it would take a lot to make the game fun to play. I'm really hoping that they add in more early 80's SS elements. Would like to see a more unconventional bottom half of the playfield vs. the standard Italian bottom. Something like Centaur or Fathom where you had ways to save the ball from the outlanes to encourage more nudging since you will likely need it with the chaotic nature of the game. Also, if the mini playfield isn't more fun to shoot I hope they scrap it and add in some spinners and drop targets.-inline drops would be ideal! My vision for the game would be a Classic 80's Bally layout updated with a modern rule-set and a ramp. Would be great to see some physical ball lock saucers. If it were my design I'd make the left orbit lead to an inline drop bank at the back of the game hiding a ball lock saucer (like fathom). Maybe put a 2nd ball lock saucer on the far right (like Taxi). The final game would be a cross between Fathom, Black Hole and a system 11. Add in a bash toy and it will be unlike anything we've seen before. Also, I can't remember if it's been stated in the past how many balls the game would use but I think anything more than 3 would be overkill for a game as chaotic as this.-Maybe 4 ball multi-ball for the wizard mode? Keep the rules fairly simple/fun with some strategic elements and I think it could be a winner!

If you guys want any input on gameplay/rules I'd be happy to help out as I'm only about 70 min from Benton. I've been playing pinball a long time and also play competitively so I'm sure I could help out in that regard. I just want the game to be awesome!

#1053 4 years ago

Yes we added more flow, toys, mechs, and some great other surprises, but... it's still a wild non "fan layout" type of game. If it fails horribly, then so be it... we can make a fan layout game on #3, and at least we took the chance and stuck to my vision for 1 game.

If fan layouts are the be-all-end-all of pinball then every game should have them... but it's obviously not the case. In other words, a non-fan layout doesn't work for #2, try another non-fan layout for #3... keep the creative juices flowing.

Quoted from MikeS:

Would like to see a more unconventional bottom half of the playfield vs. the standard Italian bottom.

Exactly this as well. I've been spending more time on something as recent as Wheel of Fortune and marveling at how fun and interesting the entire bottom half of the is with the center post and save lanes under the flippers.

#1054 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I believe they're calling old whitewood = PZFBTG

Thanks. I just watched it on Youtube. Interesting.

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Exactly this as well. I've been spending more time on something as recent as Wheel of Fortune and marveling at how fun and interesting the entire bottom half of the is with the center post and save lanes under the flippers.

Wheel of Fortune is cool ... As is Old Chicago.

However I'm sure Charlie and team have already made the new PF ... So all suggestions are sort of a moot point at this stage.

rd

#1056 4 years ago

The game is dark, gory, R rated, vulgar, PG-13 even in family mode, and not for everyone. It will be brutal to play and something unique. We've made a ton of improvements across the board (no pun intended)... and hoping everyone likes what we do isn't realistic, so I hope a solid 300 of you do.

My 2 hobbies for the past decade have been Ghost Hunting and collecting Pins/Vids however I didn't get AMH. I still don't know why one isn't sitting in the house. From playing AMH I did like the little things you guys did with the game. You're not going to be able to make everyone happy with the game. It sounds like you are designing it as a fan of Horror, RZ and Pinball so we cant ask for more.

1 week later
#1057 4 years ago

RobZ.jpg

Cabinet art?

#1058 4 years ago

Yep they tease us they are cruel.

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

RobZ.jpg
Cabinet art?

Certainly appears to be. Coloring seems to be in this style from Horley:

HorleyRZ.jpg

#1060 4 years ago

RobZ.jpg
Cabinet art?

The small bits I can see from that look really badass.

#1061 4 years ago

RobZ.jpg
Cabinet art?

Quick, somebody zoom and "enhance"!

#1063 4 years ago

someone is a "man out of quarters" fan #coast2coast

#1064 4 years ago

The important thing to ask is, will every other switch trigger a "Yeah!" sound sample?

#1065 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeremecium:

The important thing to ask is, will every other switch trigger a "Yeah!" sound sample?

ha, true he does like to record 'Yeah' quite a bit into his songs. I can easily envision Yeah repeatedly like the Homer Doh! mode during Simpsons.

~(_8(|)

#1067 4 years ago

Looks good! I'm curious how much will be House of 1,000 Corpses or Devils Rejects vs his music library.

#1068 4 years ago

Really looking forward to seeing more of this game, and that's all I'll say for now!

#1072 4 years ago

*Deleted post due to respect *

#1077 4 years ago

Wow, who deleted so much and why?

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

Wow, who deleted so much and why?

Some information came out that wasn't suppose to be out yet.

Won't say anymore about it so no one gets in trouble.

#1079 4 years ago

I saw all the posts originally. So what? So something got out, isn't that how the whole reveal of this game started out? I was more curious who just went in and deleted so much without any explanation. At least an edited by so-and-so because of xxx?

#1080 4 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

I saw all the posts originally. So what? So something got out, isn't that how the whole reveal of this game started out? I was more curious who just went in and deleted so much without any explanation. At least an edited by so-and-so because of xxx?

Everyone is just protecting the project, don't sweat it.

#1081 4 years ago

I know stuff is gonna leak once in a while... but when stuff gets out that I haven't even seen yet, sorry... not gonna be happy about it.

I didn't know anything about this until after it was mad scramble "recalled" by the vendor who had the issue. Kinda glad, because I would have been seriously stressed, and I'm already that enough.

Soon people... soon!

#1082 4 years ago

can't wait to play it at expo. i'm going to be the first one.

#1083 4 years ago

I know stuff is gonna leak once in a while... but when stuff gets out that I haven't even seen yet, sorry... not gonna be happy about it.
I didn't know anything about this until after it was mad scramble "recalled" by the vendor who had the issue. Kinda glad, because I would have been seriously stressed, and I'm already that enough.
Soon people... soon!

Dam missed it. I think we were sleeping here in Oz when it happened! Glad it was sorted for you. I could imagine how stressful it must be trying to launch a new pin, without this stuff happening.
Hope you have it ready to meet your timeline. If not I'm sure no one here would have an issue if it takes a bit longer, so you can get it how you want.
Good luck, looking forward to reveal.

Ps is that the minions I can hear in the background 'hi ho, hi ho it's off to build Aussie AMH's we go' sorry wishful thinking haha

#1084 4 years ago

prototype done and on its way to rob zombie on spookys Facebook.

FB_IMG_1443815541157.jpg

#1085 4 years ago

IMG_0979.png

#1086 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

prototype done and on its way to rob zombie on spookys Facebook.

Enhance! Enhance!
enhance1.jpg
enhance2.jpg

#1087 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Enhance! Enhance!
enhance1.jpg
enhance2.jpg

Run it again.

#1088 4 years ago

I'm so excited! Please take my money. I can't wait for this one. I fell it's going to be great.

#1089 4 years ago

That's all we get to see? What a tease!

Played AMH for the first time the other day and it's a very respectable first effort. Looked great. Played great. Sounded great. Well built. A few too many ball hang-up spots, but nothing a good nudge couldn't fix. All-in-all a very cool pin!

Hopefully they minded the ball hang ups a bit more for pin #2.

#1090 4 years ago

We talking bout the captain spaulding toy? Wooopie lol I guess if people wanna be STRESSED!

#1091 4 years ago

It was just a miniature version of this

g-3.jpg

#1092 4 years ago

Such a dream come true for Spooky...so happy seeing them ship a Rob Zombie pin to one of their hero's Rob Zombie.

#1093 4 years ago

Not shipped to Rob per se, rather he's in Chicago for an event so Chuck took it down to show him the progress.

#1094 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Not shipped to Rob per se, rather he's in Chicago for an event so Chuck took it down to show him the progress

I tweeted mancow (local morning radio guy on the Loop) to try to get him to talk about the pinball earlier this week but he never brought it up

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Spooky is doing it right. It's just a list, nothing to commit to until we see the game. I'm just saying, while I'm excited, if it's not right for me I'll pass, even if the art is sweet. That's the reasonable approach IMHO.

Is this not the same approach with Stern? Nobody is tied in to any game until it has been revealed and then you can decide to send it your money or not.

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Is this not the same approach with Stern? Nobody is tied in to any game until it has been revealed and then you can decide to send it your money or not.

Well we're talking the boutiques here. Stern doesn't have a similar approach, there is no list you can sign up for now to get an LE of a game later. They're first come, first served, no pre-orders. Which is great, they're obviously the big dog here. Chuck is trying to find the middle ground of having customers ahead of time, which a boutique kind of needs, without taking $6000 from people and making them wait a year+. Which we've seen plenty of.

Word from Rob seems good on Facebook, so sounds like RZ is doing great still. Congrats Chuck!

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well we're talking the boutiques here. Stern doesn't have a similar approach, there is no list you can sign up for now to get an LE of a game later. They're first come, first served, no pre-orders. Which is great, they're obviously the big dog here. Chuck is trying to find the middle ground of having customers ahead of time, which a boutique kind of needs, without taking $6000 from people and making them wait a year+. Which we've seen plenty of.
Word from Rob seems good on Facebook, so sounds like RZ is doing great still. Congrats Chuck!

Not seeing a difference... both take names initially, a deposit upon reveal, and full payment closer to shipping time. A boutique game is like buying a Stern LE, limited supply usually requires purchase based on online images.... send in your money, cross your fingers and prey that it meets expectations in person.

#1098 4 years ago

from facebook:

What a night... got to watch sound check, hang out with the band, do the haunted houses TWICE, show the whole band the game, see an awesome concert with my family, and go over every square inch of Rob Zombie's Spookshow International with Rob & Sheri! The backglass, logos, cabinet art, and all the toys are approved. WHEW!!! Basically it's all down to playfield art now

It might not make it in time for Expo (still hoping it does), but we'll show everything as soon as possible. We're looking pretty good for production in January as we hoped, and that's what really matters.

Can't stress enough how cool Rob is to work with... he cares about this project and has put a ton of time and effort into his game right along with us. He's even got some mod ideas we can work on over the winter!

And yes, you will hear from Rob Zombie and an extremely dorky really nervous host on the next Spooky Pinball Podcast!

Photos coming soon!

Thanks to all of you for the comments and faith is our little pinball company! Means more to my family than you'll ever know. - Charlie Emery

#1099 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

from facebook:
What a night... got to watch sound check, hang out with the band, do the haunted houses TWICE, show the whole band the game, see an awesome concert with my family, and go over every square inch of Rob Zombie's Spookshow International with Rob & Sheri! The backglass, logos, cabinet art, and all the toys are approved. WHEW!!! Basically it's all down to playfield art now
It might not make it in time for Expo (still hoping it does), but we'll show everything as soon as possible. We're looking pretty good for production in January as we hoped, and that's what really matters.
smile emoticon
Can't stress enough how cool Rob is to work with... he cares about this project and has put a ton of time and effort into his game right along with us. He's even got some mod ideas we can work on over the winter!
And yes, you will hear from Rob Zombie and an extremely dorky really nervous host on the next Spooky Pinball Podcast!
Photos coming soon!
Thanks to all of you for the comments and faith is our little pinball company! Means more to my family than you'll ever know. - Charlie Emery

That's awesome. This game is gonna rock!

#1100 4 years ago

Spooky is that wiring job. Prototype or not show some pride.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside