IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 223.
#10851 2 years ago

FYI if anybody in the Midwest is looking for an RZ I'll be listing mine for sale soon. I picked this up in Benton brand new myself, and it's still in mint condition with some tasteful mods and upgrades. I ran out of room and have regrettably decided RZ has to go as my little ones think it's too scary.

#10852 2 years ago

I can't edit my last post so here is the FS ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/114510

#10853 2 years ago

Looking for a Rob Zombie shooter rod with Rob’s face. Anybody have one for sale or anyone do custom shooter rods? Thanks for the help!

Also looking forward the lamp mod for the fried chicken and gasoline sign.

#10854 2 years ago

I have a question, has anyone found the need to upgrade to a bigger power supply? I have all factory mods installed, Kims Pinballs lighted speaker rings, Laseriffic topper, still have to install lighted mods from Medisinyl mods, and probably will install some style pinstadium lighting. I already installed the quiet fan kit which has made a huge difference in the idle machine noise.

Let me know any opinions.

Thanks!

#10855 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

I have a question, has anyone found the need to upgrade to a bigger power supply? I have all factory mods installed, Kims Pinballs lighted speaker rings, Laseriffic topper, still have to install lighted mods from Medisinyl mods, and probably will install some style pinstadium lighting. I already installed the quiet fan kit which has made a huge difference in the idle machine noise.
Let me know any opinions.
Thanks!

I didn't need to. I had RGB speaker lights, Pinball Refinery UV GI light strips, LED OCD, apron screen, and a couple extra lit toy mods and no issues. Not sure how much current the Pinstadiums draw. I also did the silent PS fan mod.

#10856 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I didn't need to. I had RGB speaker lights, Pinball Refinery UV GI light strips, LED OCD, apron screen, and a couple extra lit toy mods and no issues. Not sure how much current the Pinstadiums draw. I also did the silent PS fan mod.

Ok cool thanks for your feedback!

#10857 2 years ago

I think my left flipper might have blown a fuse because it just stopped working with the left sling. I'm use to Stern and Bally/Williams machines. Where are the fuses in this game? I couldn't find a manual online for Zombie

#10858 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I think my left flipper might have blown a fuse because it just stopped working with the left sling. I'm use to Stern and Bally/Williams machines. Where are the fuses in this game? I couldn't find a manual online for Zombie

The fuses are on the main board in the backbox.

#10859 2 years ago

The fuses are on the main board in the backbox.

I couldn't find any on the main board....maybe I'm blind

#10860 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I couldn't find any on the main board....maybe I'm blind

They are much smaller than fuses used in most games. About half the size if I remember right.

#10861 2 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

They are much smaller than fuses used in most games. About half the size if I remember right.

Found them and replaced it. THANK YOU so much!!!

1 week later
#10862 2 years ago

Question about Rob Zombie lighting. I tried some homemade pinstadiums and just don't like the led dot reflections so I removed them. Other options are spotlights and does Pinball refinery still make their UV kit? Looking for some suggestions possibly with pics. Want a little more lighting without taking away too much of the dark theme.

Thanks!

#10863 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Question about Rob Zombie lighting. I tried some homemade pinstadiums and just don't like the led dot reflections so I removed them. Other options are spotlights and does Pinball refinery still make their UV kit? Looking for some suggestions possibly with pics. Want a little more lighting without taking away too much of the dark theme.
Thanks!

I don't see the UV GI kit on Pinball Refinery's website but send him an email and maybe he can make you one. I recommend this as it looks great! Adds some nice strategic lighting to RZ without being too bright.

#10864 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Thanks!

I have regular pinstadiums on mine that are controlled with their phone app. I have the the gi tinted red a little and set about 15 to 20 percent. I will see if I can get a pic tonight

#10865 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I have regular pinstadiums on mine that are controlled with their phone app. I have the the gi tinted red a little and set about 15 to 20 percent. I will see if I can get a pic tonight

Ok sounds good!

#10866 2 years ago

I don't see the UV GI kit on Pinball Refinery's website but send him an email and maybe he can make you one. I recommend this as it looks great! Adds some nice strategic lighting to RZ without being too bright.

I emailed them. Do you know what all consists of their kit that needs to be installed?

#10867 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

I emailed them. Do you know what all consists of their kit that needs to be installed?

If I remember correctly there is a strip that goes in the drain area to light the lower playfield, another strip that goes above the upper right slingshot area (just below right orbit entrance) and another strip that goes at the top behind the Spaulding area. Very easy to install.

#10868 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I'm doing the same thing. This is the only game I use PS on, but I think it looks amazing in this game, colored just as you mention. Adds a nice hue that maintains the "dark theme" without ANY color-bombing.

#10869 2 years ago

Interesting stuff here regarding lighting. Would love to see some pics as well if not too much trouble.

#10870 2 years ago

If anyone that has the refinery UV kit installed on there machine and can post or send me pics of the strips themselves installed at there locations I would appreciate it. Never was able to get a hold of Pinball refinery so I am going to make my own kit.

Thanks

#10871 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Interesting stuff here regarding lighting. Would love to see some pics as well if not too much trouble.

It hard to completely capture how well it works but it's completely adjustable to any color ot brightness. One pic is in the dark. The other is with the room light on.

20210524_212149 (resized).jpg20210524_212149 (resized).jpg20210524_212226 (resized).jpg20210524_212226 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210524-212158_Pin Stadium (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210524-212158_Pin Stadium (resized).jpg
#10872 2 years ago

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I may go this route.

#10873 2 years ago

If anyone is interested, here is a nice looking Captain Spaulding figure that can be used as an inexpensive mod. It’s about 5” tall. It’s also a preorder:

https://trickortreatstudios.com/shop-by-categories/whats-new/house-of-1000-corpses-captain-spaulding-5-action-figure.html

#10874 2 years ago

Would love to protect my shooter lane on this game and there is no Cliffy available. Anyone using an option that will work?

#10875 2 years ago

I bought this week my Rob Zombie Pin (Yessss!), but without Mods (Oh nooo!!!). Now i am looking for any kind of Mods... Living Dead Girl Mausoleum, Gas Station & Gas Pumps, Pussy Liquor Sign etc. When do you want sell one of them, please write me an pn! Well, shit the Bed!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10876 2 years ago

do we have a nice gameplay video including the last (V26) update ?
if not, can someone made one ?
tanx

#10877 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaSangre:

I bought this week my Rob Zombie Pin (Yessss!), but without Mods (Oh nooo!!!). Now i am looking for any kind of Mods... Living Dead Girl Mausoleum, Gas Station & Gas Pumps, Pussy Liquor Sign etc. When do you want sell one of them, please write me an pn! Well, shit the Bed!!!

Good luck in the search

All of those mods are indeed discontinued and sold out.

As I have yet to make a public note of it, I do still have two Murder Ride signs remaining from the final production run.

Willing to sell each at $33 shipped domestic (includes a screw and lock washer).

Hard to tell in the pic, but they glitter like ruby red slippers

EDIT: SOLD OUT
20210605_222203 (resized).jpg20210605_222203 (resized).jpg

#10878 2 years ago

$33 is a steal. Those signs look great. Highly recommended

#10879 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

$33 is a steal. Those signs look great. Highly recommended

Agreed. All the Medisinyl mods really transform the pin. In my opinion, they are all must haves.

#10880 2 years ago

Finally got my mods installed. Looks amazing.

66BDA43D-52D9-455C-A8F5-F279914C8BA0 (resized).jpeg66BDA43D-52D9-455C-A8F5-F279914C8BA0 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10881 2 years ago

My RZ just started acting up. I get to multi ball and it goes non stop. Only way to stop is to shut game off. Any suggestions what could be causing this?

#10882 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

My RZ just started acting up. I get to multi ball and it goes non stop. Only way to stop is to shut game off. Any suggestions what could be causing this?

I’ve had this happen a few times now too. I couldn’t find anything physically wrong… figured it might be a bug, but it’s not clear how to get it into this state. Curious what others think.

#10883 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I would suggest ball trough issues.

And check for magnetised balls sticking together in the ball trough. Only takes one bad ball, and most machines will go into meltdown ....

rd

#10884 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would suggest ball trough issues.
And check for magnetised balls sticking together in the ball trough. Only takes one bad ball, and most machines will go into meltdown ....
rd

That was the first thing I checked. Didn't find any issues with the trough switches. Didn't see any mechanical issues either, and there's nothing to magnetize the balls in this game. When this happens it's keeping all balls out, and it appears to have infinite ball save.

#10885 2 years ago

If the balls stack in the trough it will confuse the game. If it does that again (infinite ballsave), check the trough to see if two balls are stacked at the upkicker.

#10886 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If the balls stack in the trough it will confuse the game. If it does that again (infinite ballsave), check the trough to see if two balls are stacked at the upkicker.

All 7 balls are on the playfield. I can trap them up (not easy to do with that many balls!) and let them drop individually into the trough. They get auto-launched back into play. That's why I think it's a software and not a hardware issue. It's usually someone else playing when this happens, so I'm not sure what leads up to this condition. If it happens again I'll try to figure out what modes are running.

#10887 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

and there's nothing to magnetize the balls in this game

Yep - but they can still magnetise.

I’ve had brand new balls magnetise on the shipment to NZ. Them just knocking together can cause them to magnetise.

To check, I’ll take the balls out, put them on the lockbar/glass join of the neighbouring machine, and roll them around back and forth and see if any stick together. Sometimes it’s just very light .. but enough to stop them rolling down the trough.

From memory RZ has a anti jam switch at the end of the trough, check that, and the trough switch.

rd

#10888 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

To check, I’ll take the balls out, put them on the lockbar/glass join of the neighbouring machine, and roll them around back and forth and see if any stick together. Sometimes it’s just very light .. but enough to stop them rolling down the trough.

In rotordave we trust. I’ve been on here long enough to know the dude knows what he is talking about.

#10889 2 years ago

I’m going to replace with new balls and give it a try. The problem seems to have been happening when I get to red hot multi ball.

#10890 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

In rotordave we trust. I’ve been on here long enough to know the dude knows what he is talking about.

Haha! Thanks.

I have my moments.

Sure fixed a shit load of pinball machines!

rd

#10891 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I’m going to replace with new balls and give it a try. The problem seems to have been happening when I get to red hot multi ball.

I have seen the unlimited ball save thing happen on games with the pinheck board, usually during multiballs. This can be caused by a switch being wired backwards somewhere. When the switch is triggered, it triggers multiple switches. If any of the trough switches are being triggered, the ball save timer never times out. This is more common on early Spooky games than it sounds like it would be. It's been a while since I had a RZ. If there a switch that is being closed specific the the modes you are seeing the issue on, that is where I'd start looking. Go into the switch test and try tripping some switches and make sure multiple switches aren't closing anywhere. Just something else to consider.

#10892 2 years ago

Ok got a strange question. I've added Kims pinballs speaker lights on my RZ. Already had the laserriffic topper and Medisynal mods installed no issues. When my RZ is idle in attract mode I get a faint coil whine from the small power supply in the bottom of the cabinet. I can unplug the 12v speaker lights and it goes away. Here is the crazy part. I can go into the settings on the machine to RGB test and while the speaker lights are white I get the noise. When I switch them to any other color it goes away. I called spooky and they said they have even seen this on RM and only on white colors but not everyone can hear it because of the frequency it whines at. Most people that hear that high frequency would be young people. I can hear it plain as day at 50 yrs old. Spooky thinks it might be a bottle neck happening in the power supply but when I asked Kim's pinballs about it he had never heard of it before. Do you think replacing the small power supply that supplies the 12v might fix it or should I go to another larger amp power supply that was listed in the RZ thread a while back or am I just wasting my time trying to get rid of the noise? I know a bunch of PC guys have dealt with this but I've never dealt with it on a pinball machine before.

Help is much appreciated.

#10893 2 years ago

Rotordave is the man! I chased wires, tested switches to no avail. I took out the ninja balls the pin came with as he suggested due to magnetization. Put in 7 new standard balls and the game plays with no issues. Thank you Rotordave. If you’re ever in the Chicago area. I owe you some beers!

#10894 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Rotordave is the man! I chased wires, tested switches to no avail. I took out the ninja balls the pin came with as he suggested due to magnetization. Put in 7 new standard balls and the game plays with no issues. Thank you Rotordave. If you’re ever in the Chicago area. I owe you some beers!

Nice one!

rd

#10895 2 years ago

I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the customer service at Spooky. Every time I’ve called tech support they pick up. They have no problem walking you through any issues to get you back to playing. My experiences with Aj at Spooky have been great. It’s things like this that make me want to buy into the next Spooky machine.

#10896 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the customer service at Spooky.

If you look around Pinside, there are many posts similar to yours. One time I emailed Spooky about an issue and got a response back in two minutes. I’m not exaggerating. They are a great company and worthy of all of our support.

#10897 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the customer service at Spooky. Every time I’ve called tech support they pick up. They have no problem walking you through any issues to get you back to playing. My experiences with Aj at Spooky have been great. It’s things like this that make me want to buy into the next Spooky machine.

I agree besides their low production numbers on really desirable machines.

I understand with AMH and even RZ. They also did it right with ACNC. They seemed to leave alot of money on the table and disappointed customers with TNA and especially R&M

However their customer service is second to none. I have two spooky machines and they are very helpful with ANY parts or troubleshooting.

1 month later
#10898 2 years ago

Hey all, trying to get my hands on a Gas Station mod if anybody is looking to sell. Rob Zombie was both my first concert and my first pinball. This is definitely a forever pin for me. I’ve got it pretty decked out but the Gas Station mod has thus far alluded me. It’s the last mod I need to make this sucker truly perfect. If anybody is looking to sell please hit me up!

1 month later
#10899 2 years ago

Moved Rob up the front to get some love the other day.
It's alaways had an intermittent sound issue where there is no sound now and then. Fixes with a reboot.

I'm finding now that if it's left on the sound will dissapear after an hour or so and is fixed with a reboot.

Anyone have an idea what to check? Could it be as simple as a connector, or is it the amp overheating and cutting out?

#10900 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Moved Rob up the front to get some love the other day.
It's alaways had an intermittent sound issue where there is no sound now and then. Fixes with a reboot.
I'm finding now that if it's left on the sound will dissapear after an hour or so and is fixed with a reboot.
Anyone have an idea what to check? Could it be as simple as a connector, or is it the amp overheating and cutting out?

Interesting, never happened to mine. Have you tried just power cycling the amp while leaving the game on? Might be able to isolate it that way. The amp itself is very inexpensive if it needs to be replaced.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/218 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.