2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 223.
#10751 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Too scared to have a go at the playfield removal to put mine in yet.

No!! C'mon....you spent the money, and the time waiting....just do it Garry!

#10752 3 years ago

I'll find a good day when i'm not hung over and have spare time if i can. Have to be in the right frame of mind or i'll fuck more than i fix.

#10753 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Its not that bad to do. Remove the upper flipper bat and "washer", unplug a few connectors under the playfield, and remove two screws. Lift off the playfield and swap out the old switch with the MRS.

#10754 3 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Ordered a set of magnetic switches from sonic last month and finally got around to installing them in the upper play field last night. The whole process was rather easy once you got the play field off. I had more problems trying to get the upper flipper lined up again than installing the new hardware. Easy solder job and now they are working great. If you want a good alternative to those switches getting bashed around by the ball in the inner orbit shoot Matt a message and he can get you setup really quickly.

Thanks for the feedback! This was a tricky one for us so we're happy it's working ok.
Dan
M&M Creations

#10755 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't fret, it's really easier than it seems! Just dive right in and you will see.

#10756 3 years ago

I would suggest marking the flipper bat under the play field with a permanent marker so it's easier to get back in the right spot when you put things back together. It's a little finicky otherwise...or at least it was on my machine.

#10757 3 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I would suggest marking the flipper bat under the play field with a permanent marker so it's easier to get back in the right spot when you put things back together. It's a little finicky otherwise...or at least it was on my machine.

Can you explain that a little more? I thought it was take the flipper off before remove the playfield?

#10758 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can you explain that a little more?

Sure. I just grabbed a random image off google but hopefully this will illustrate my point a little easier. Where the red arrow is pointing I wish I would had put a small mark using a permanent marker. Then when I put everything back together it would be easier to line up the flipper. I had a lot of back and forth getting it positioned just right. It took me some time but it plays just like it did before I removed it for the new switches.

mark (resized).jpgmark (resized).jpg
#10759 3 years ago

Excellent, i do understand now, but;

Quoted from epeabs:

Its not that bad to do. Remove the upper flipper bat and "washer", unplug a few connectors under the playfield, and remove two screws. Lift off the playfield and swap out the old switch with the MRS.

How do i remove the bat (or mark the shaft) without getting the playfield off first? Sorry to be thick and i probably should just try and do it, but i'm trying to get the steps straight in my head before i start and this seems conflicting.

#10760 3 years ago

The entire flipper mechanic is under the play field and not under the upper play field. So you have to lift the table and loosen the bolt on the flipper mechanic (marker would be nice) and then remove the bat and washer from the upper play field. After that you can remove the screws holding in the upper play field and get to work on the switches.

#10761 3 years ago

Got it now, thanks mate. Should have realised, i'm not mechanical.

#10762 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got it now, thanks mate. Should have realised, i'm not mechanical.

Do you have a pinball mechanic in your town? My guy charges $75 an hour. He does all the more complicated repairs for me.

#10763 3 years ago

Yes, i have a good mate who is a tech and an operator locally. He encourages me to do stuff that's non diagnostic myself. As we're mates i have to keep working out ways to pay him back for all his help without money changing hands. It get's complicated.

#10764 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, i have a good mate who is a tech and an operator locally. He encourages me to do stuff that's non diagnostic myself. As we're mates i have to keep working out ways to pay him back for all his help without money changing hands. It get's complicated.

If you do it yourself, consider taking lots of pictures throughout the entire process. Incase you forget something.

#10765 3 years ago

Thanks, will do. He'll pick on me if i ask him to do it without even trying.

1 week later
#10766 3 years ago

Not sure where to go with this. I was playing RZ last night and I had a great game, put up my all time high at 46M. But then I had several other "great" games and realized that I was scoring too many points for a normal game. I have gone through the menu and I don't have any stuck switches, and none of my settings have changed. It almost seems like a multiplier has been turned on out of the blue. The only thing that seems to be a bit odd, it that the skull face that comes on the DMD seems like it is active more often. I have started a game and manually activated switches but don't find any that seem to add abnormal amount of points. Am I crazy or has anyone else heard of anything like this. I have not become a stellar player just by playing a few games.

#10767 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Not sure where to go with this. I was playing RZ last night and I had a great game, put up my all time high at 46M

Take it.

You’ve probably got a playfield switch triggering somewhere.

Start a game, then use your fist to whack on the playfield, go all around the circumference and see if any switch triggers the score.

rd

#10768 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Take it.
You’ve probably got a playfield switch triggering somewhere.
Start a game, then use your fist to whack on the playfield, go all around the circumference and see if any switch triggers the score.
rd

I tried that quickly last night. Hitting right in the center of the playfield I have something registering some points although not crazy amounts. I will drlve into it deeper on a switch by switch basis underneath the playfield when I have some time. Sometimes you miss the most basic direction to look at. Thank you

#10769 3 years ago

Hello,RZ owners,I have a question for anybody out there> after updating the new code I was putting the (adult ) setting on and saw a setting " a Spooky minute" Can anyone tell me what that is ,please??? Thank-you!!!

#10770 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,RZ owners,I have a question for anybody out there> after updating the new code I was putting the (adult ) setting on and saw a setting " a Spooky minute" Can anyone tell me what that is ,please??? Thank-you!!!

Midnight Madness that lasts for one minute

#10771 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Midnight Madness that lasts for one minute

That's pretty cool. Do any other spooky games have midnight madness?

#10772 3 years ago

Thats what I thought!!! Thank-you Snakesnsparklers!! I'm never up that late, I set mine at 12pm!!!

#10773 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's pretty cool. Do any other spooky games have midnight madness?

I think they all do Vic!!!

1 week later
#10774 3 years ago

I installed the RGB Game Play Integrated LED Speaker Kits from https://www.kimballspinballs.com/spooky-pinball/ last night.

I have to say they look great. The install was super easy and non destructive. Kim was super helpful with all the communication I had leading up to and after the install. I highly recommend this mod if you're into more lights on your pins. Also can't speak highly enough of kimballspinballs.

2021-01-04 18.10.19 (resized).jpg2021-01-04 18.10.19 (resized).jpg
#10775 3 years ago

Hey folks, trying to dosome research on RZ, I went to key posts, and I read Charlie said way back there wouldn't be an LE on this, but I have read there's an LE on this? What was/is the difference? trim, speakers? wouldn't be gameplay.

#10776 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey folks, trying to dosome research on RZ, I went to key posts, and I read Charlie said way back there wouldn't be an LE on this, but I have read there's an LE on this? What was/is the difference? trim, speakers? wouldn't be gameplay.

They made 50 LEs when this game was produced. It just has a different backglass and laser cut side rails.

Playfield and gameplay is exactly the same on both the LE and standard.

#10777 3 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

They made 50 LEs when this game was produced. It just has a different backglass and laser cut side rails.
Playfield and gameplay is exactly the same on both the LE and standard.

Powder coating was different too. Brown/Pewter on LE and Silver on standard.

#10778 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Powder coating was different too. Brown/Pewter on LE and Silver on standard.

Good catch!

2 weeks later
#10779 3 years ago

After over three years of making the Rob Zombie mods, they are now discontinued, with a final run call on the Mausoleum (details below). With some of these mods in what may be 40+% of all Rob Zombie machines (lost count a long time ago ), the support for them has been beyond any expectation, and I can't thank everyone enough.

With months of backlog for over a year now, I haven't been able to develop new mods, which is the more exciting aspect of modding for me, and many of these RZ mods take a long time to make (the gas set being the most tedious).

Anyone that was promised RZ mods will still be able to get them, so no concerns there (open orders, those on a list, and those that were promised mods with future Elvira runs).

As demand still continues to be consistent for these mods, I expect any sold second hand should maintain their value, or perhaps even fetch a premium (the previously discontinued spine mod has proven to be in demand at a premium, and is the rarest of the mods with only about 40 produced).

The ball stop mod will continue to be available for download on Thingiverse (no other files for RZ will be released).

--------

Mausoleum Final Run Call: It would likely be about 4+ months out on turnaround, but for the rest of January, if anyone still wants a Mausoleum mod, you can contact me via PM to be put on a list. They would be $245 shipped (no payment until I'm closer to shipping).

#10780 3 years ago

You’ve been on a heck of a ride with the RZ game. Can’t imagine not having your mods installed, as I feel their integration with theme really made the game great.

#10781 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

After over three years of making the Rob Zombie mods, they are now discontinued, with a final run call on the Mausoleum (details below). With some of these mods in what may be 40+% of all Rob Zombie machines (lost count a long time ago ), the support for them has been beyond any expectation, and I can't thank everyone enough.
With months of backlog for over a year now, I haven't been able to develop new mods, which is the more exciting aspect of modding for me, and many of these RZ mods take a long time to make (the gas set being the most tedious).
Anyone that was promised RZ mods will still be able to get them, so no concerns there (open orders, those on a list, and those that were promised mods with future Elvira runs).
As demand still continues to be consistent for these mods, I expect any sold second hand should maintain their value, or perhaps even fetch a premium (the previously discontinued spine mod has proven to be in demand at a premium, and is the rarest of the mods with only about 40 produced).
The ball stop mod will continue to be available for download on Thingiverse (no other files for RZ will be released).
--------
Mausoleum Final Run Call: It would likely be about 4+ months out on turnaround, but for the rest of January, if anyone still wants a Mausoleum mod, you can contact me via PM to be put on a list. They would be $245 shipped (no payment until I'm closer to shipping).

I agree with previous post. Your mods brought my game to the next level. Completely filled out the top half of the game. Money well spent!

Thanks

#10782 3 years ago

Hey all, I’m newbie to the hobby and RZ is my first machine. I love the game but I’m having an issue with fuse 2 repeatedly blowing. Not exactly sure what I should be looking for, but it definitely seems to be related to the left flipper. Looks like the previous owner did a pretty rough job soldering that one. Think that might be the issue or any other suggestions on what I should be looking for?

E216BB39-98B5-4220-AFDC-24DE34FAC3D7 (resized).jpegE216BB39-98B5-4220-AFDC-24DE34FAC3D7 (resized).jpeg
#10783 3 years ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

Hey all, I’m newbie to the hobby and RZ is my first machine. I love the game but I’m having an issue with fuse 2 repeatedly blowing. Not exactly sure what I should be looking for, but it definitely seems to be related to the left flipper. Looks like the previous owner did a pretty rough job soldering that one. Think that might be the issue or any other suggestions on what I should be looking for?
[quoted image]

I have the same problem intermittently. I have only had to replace the fuse twice in a year. Following to see if this is common among other owners. You are probably playing alot since it's your first and only home game.

#10784 3 years ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

[quoted image]

Check the resistance on the coil (ohms setting on the multimeter) for both the full power and the hold windings. Compare the left to the right and see if there's a difference that would point to an on-the-edge coil.

#10785 3 years ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-blowing-3amp-fuse

Make sure your code is up to date. Contrary to Fawzma, there was early code issues that caused flipper fuse to blow.

#10786 3 years ago

Thanks for all the awesome mods Medisinyl I can't imagine this game without them.

#10787 3 years ago

Thanks all for the replies. There’s definitely something going on with it. It was fine for about a week and then it blew the fuse the first time. Ordered some replacements and it blew again about a day later. Put in another one and it blew immediately. I then checked wires, replaced robot servo (that went out about the same time) and updated the firmware. I was feeling pretty good because it worked for about 10 games and then it blew again. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Also, how does one go about changing the switch for the Captain Spaulding gate? The servo works fine in test but the gate won’t register hits in What mode. I’m assuming that’s a switch issue.

I’m definitely getting a crash course in pinball ownership with this machine!

#10788 3 years ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

Thanks all for the replies. There’s definitely something going on with it. It was fine for about a week and then it blew the fuse the first time. Ordered some replacements and it blew again about a day later. Put in another one and it blew immediately. I then checked wires, replaced robot servo (that went out about the same time) and updated the firmware. I was feeling pretty good because it worked for about 10 games and then it blew again. Back to the drawing board I guess.
Also, how does one go about changing the switch for the Captain Spaulding gate? The servo works fine in test but the gate won’t register hits in What mode. I’m assuming that’s a switch issue.
I’m definitely getting a crash course in pinball ownership with this machine!

Did you check the resistance for both the main and hold windings for the flipper coil? You could have a coil going bad on one of the windings. Do you have a multimeter?

#10789 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check the resistance for both the main and hold windings for the flipper coil? You could have a coil going bad on one of the windings. Do you have a multimeter?

I don’t have a multimeter. Just getting started in this whole thing so still have tons to learn. Was hoping to ease into it alittle more than I’m having to. I contacted three different Techs in my area to see if they might be willing to take a look. All three said they won’t work on Spooky games, so that was pretty disappointing. But my brother-in-law is pretty sharp with all things electrical so I’ll be inviting him over for a beer shortly. Still, I appreciate any and all suggestions on what we should be looking for.

#10790 3 years ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

I don’t have a multimeter. Just getting started in this whole thing so still have tons to learn. Was hoping to ease into it alittle more than I’m having to. I contacted three different Techs in my area to see if they might be willing to take a look. All three said they won’t work on Spooky games, so that was pretty disappointing. But my brother-in-law is pretty sharp with all things electrical so I’ll be inviting him over for a beer shortly. Still, I appreciate any and all suggestions on what we should be looking for.

Owning pinball machines you will NEED a multimeter eventually, and it will really help in cases like this where you want to check for resistance readings. Put your tech repair money towards buying the multimeter instead and you have lots of free help here once you're properly equipped. Eventually, you'll be able to help others in the same way.

You can get an entry level Fluke 107 for about $120 ( https://www.fluke-direct.com/product/fluke-107-esp-palm-size-digital-multimeter-107 ) or the better 117 that has more modes and options for about $200 ( https://www.fluke-direct.com/product/fluke-117-digital-multimeter-with-non-contact-voltage ).

It will be the last multimeter you ever have to buy. Don't waste your time with the cheap ones.

#10791 3 years ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

I contacted three different Techs in my area to see if they might be willing to take a look. All three said they won’t work on Spooky games, so that was pretty disappointing.

Is this really a thing? What were their reasons? Break down too often(they make too much money) or too little? This is a basic fix/test.

Definitely try to join a league /club in your area. Most people in the community are more than happy to help/teach. Then you pass it along. Some of the nicest people I have ever met are pinheads!

#10792 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Is this really a thing? What were their reasons? Break down too often(they make too much money) or too little? This is a basic fix/test.
Definitely try to join a league /club in your area. Most people in the community are more than happy to help/teach. Then you pass it along. Some of the nicest people I have ever met are pinheads!

One didn’t work on newer games I guess. The other two apparently aren’t familiar with Spooky’s system. I didn’t figure it could be that different for someone with some experience, but I guess if they’re not comfortable with it then who am I to judge.

1 week later
#10793 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

--------

These are definitely the best mods. I have them on both my RZ and ACNC. If someone's has a spine they are looking to sell hit me up. It's the only 1 I will need.

#10794 3 years ago

If anybody is looking to sell either their gas station or apron mods please hit me up. I was late to the RZ party but I’d love to get both of those on my machine.

#10795 3 years ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

If anybody is looking to sell either their gas station or apron mods please hit me up. I was late to the RZ party but I’d love to get both of those on my machine.

check you pm's. and I am local to you.

2 weeks later
#10796 3 years ago

Hi all,

Just joined the club.....question about the upper flipper.....sometimes during gameplay the upper flipper only works when the ball is on the upper playfield as it should....but sometimes it will work when the ball is not on the upper playfield. Can someone confirm the upper flipper behavior? Thanks! Also....if anyone has mods to sell let me know....

#10797 3 years ago

I see RZ has some 3D-printed parts. Are the STL files available, like they are for AMH?

#10798 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hi all,
Just joined the club.....question about the upper flipper.....sometimes during gameplay the upper flipper only works when the ball is on the upper playfield as it should....but sometimes it will work when the ball is not on the upper playfield. Can someone confirm the upper flipper behavior? Thanks! Also....if anyone has mods to sell let me know....

The upper flipper should only flip when the ball is on the upper playfield. There are some modes (like Dragula) that will time out the flipper after so many jackpot multipliers are made. The ball is then forced to drain down the wireform so you can play the mode.

#10799 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

The upper flipper should only flip when the ball is on the upper playfield. There are some modes (like Dragula) that will time out the flipper after so many jackpot multipliers are made. The ball is then forced to drain down the wireform so you can play the mode.

Yeah, it will definitely time out....and stop flipping.....so that is all normal.... But sometimes that flipper will continue fairly long after I lose the ball from the upper Playfield. I guess it doesn't have much impact on anything but just seems weird. Also have a hard time getting it past the servo controlled clown guy no matter how many times I hit it.

#10800 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yeah, it will definitely time out....and stop flipping.....so that is all normal.... But sometimes that flipper will continue fairly long after I lose the ball from the upper Playfield. I guess it doesn't have much impact on anything but just seems weird. Also have a hard time getting it past the servo controlled clown guy no matter how many times I hit it.

The only time you can get it past Spalding (the clown) is during the 'What?' mode. After collecting the gas and chicken a number of times it will say to hit him 3 times. After the third hit he will open. Thats the only time I am aware that he opens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/216?hl=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.