New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 130434)

Rob Zombie's Spook Show International

By Russell

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10,707 posts
  • 613 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by epeabs
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,220 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201016_182414 (resized).jpg
20201016_214051 (resized).jpg
df25 (resized).jpg
pb77 (resized).jpg
rz1 (resized).jpg
20201011_160911 (resized).jpg
20201010_170311 (resized).jpg
20201010_170147 (resized).jpg
20201010_170137 (resized).jpg
20201010_122135 (resized).jpg
20200923_210202 (resized).jpg
20200923_211833 (resized).jpg
2020-09-06 18.38.28 (resized).jpg
671FF367-FE5D-4D73-8DA2-CF6EB1F94DBE (resized).jpeg
pb65 (resized).jpg
pb64 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10707 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 215.
#10651 50 days ago
Quoted from Doot77:

They casually mentioned a code update was released for RZ on the latest Spooky podcast and sure enough v25 shows as the latest on their site. I haven’t loaded it up yet to see what changes it has but they didn’t talk it up a lot so not sure if it’s much different or not.

Very interesting! I'll have to load it up and give it a go. Not sure why they didn't announce the update as it's been almost 2 years since v24 was released.

#10652 50 days ago

Anyone know whats in V25?

#10653 50 days ago

Just finished downloading. It's been up since June?

RZ UPDATE V25 3/JUN/2020
goober - making sure light for mode work properly
goober - first couple animation didnt show in right order.. make screen/playfield seem out of sync
GI - lighting flash event would stay off at end of routine due to default light color

#10654 50 days ago

Yeah I just finished downloading it too, not much in there, probably why they didn’t make much fuss about it. Hopefully there will be another one with more content coming up.

#10655 48 days ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Also, I just bought a Metallica mod from your shop.

Thanks! Just went out...

#10656 47 days ago

I finally got around to fixing the mode switch in the back right which was acting up. I'm not sure if this has already been written up but I thought I would share in case anyone else is having the same issue as me.

40% of the time the ball would just sit and not start the mode select. You could nudge the table and it would eventually start so I figured I had a bad switch. Opened up the table and it turns out the switch was just fine. After a bit of fiddling I added a few washers under the VUK to drop it down a short bit. This allowed the ball to drop enough to hit the switch every time. Works 100% of the time now.

2020-09-06 18.38.28 (resized).jpg
#10657 46 days ago

I have weird problem in RZ, it havent got any sounds.

If I unplug 3.5mm cable off and put it back, game have sounds for 50 seconds and back to mute. Disconnect cable again and same thing, u have sounds for 50 sec.

I have tryied with 4 cables and I think problem is not pcbs connector.

Tryied 2 different sd card

Now I think problem is in pcb? Anyone have any other ide? Or similar problem?

#10658 44 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Anyone have the Rob Zombie TV mod with video playback? If so, what are your thoughts?
[quoted image]

I bought one. It had a few Rob Zombie videos loaded and I added some clips of my own on there like movie clips, Beavis & Butthead clips, and old horror movie clips. I like the looks of it. The one I bought had speakers, but I haven’t hooked them up, because I feel the sound would be drowned out by the Machines sound anyway.

#10659 44 days ago
Quoted from mara:

If I unplug 3.5mm cable off and put it back, game have sounds for 50 seconds and back to mute. Disconnect cable again and same thing, u have sounds for 50 sec.

Is the amp shutting down, possibly a short in one of the speakers?

#10660 43 days ago

Just picked up a RZ last night. Are there any up to date rule sheets available? Thanks in advance.

#10661 42 days ago

I have another quick question. Can you buy apron cards anywhere? I see digital versions on the Spooky website but was hoping to just buy hard copies. Thanks in advance.

#10662 40 days ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

There will be 1 more code update coming to clean up a few minor bugs... I'm going to personally dig deep in the audio (especially Sid's) and see what else can be tossed in for fun.
The code is pretty complete in this game, with the exception of the few known bugs... which will get addressed over the winter.
If you know of specific bugs we may have missed, email them directly to fawzma@spookypinball.com and they will be added to the list of what needs looking at. Posting them here isn't going to help so SEND THEM IN!
Since Fawzma gets to take Scott game #2 off for programming, he's going to be going back and cleaning up RZ, Domino's, and some on Jetson's for The Pinball Company while he finally has the time after Alice Cooper is wrapped up.
Thanks everyone!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey spookycharlie. Was the update from a week or so ago the “1 more code update” you mentioned 10 months ago? if so, is it definitely the last update? I’m just asking. For the record, I absolutely love the pin. I see people in the thread mentioning Spooky “distancing themselves from the pin”. There’s absolutely no reason to do that. I think it’s a pin to be extremely proud of. It’s edgy, dark, loud and brutal. More importantly, it’s challenging, unique and a ton of fun. Keep it up! Don’t conform and continue to think outside of the box. I do think RZ will garner the respect it deserves one day. It’s just in an odd position with only 300 units. Looking to grab both an AMH and ACNC one of these days.

#10663 39 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’d put R&M at #1 for now and add TNA as #2.
One of the best features of RZ is infection mode that kicks in whenever you don’t complete a mode in time. It must be turned on in the menu first. Playfield insert lights turn red and flippers are reversed. The second best function are completing the chop inlanes for a ball save.

Pretty sure the reversed flippers were removed due to not being able to solve blown fuses during this mode.

1 week later
#10664 30 days ago

Rob Zombie is in the house.

20200923_210202 (resized).jpg20200923_211833 (resized).jpg
#10665 30 days ago

Welcome to the club!
In my opinion it doesn’t get the love it deserves.
Don't forget to update your Pinside collection.

#10666 30 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Rob Zombie is in the house.

Congrats! It’s a completely underrated and under appreciated pin. It is a blast to play and is unique and different in a good way. Consider yourself lucky to be in such a great club

#10667 29 days ago

I already ordered a quiet fan kit for it. I had never really heard the fan in my buddie's garage playing before. But as soon as I turned it on in my room it was the first thing I heard.

#10668 29 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I already ordered a quiet fan kit for it. I had never really heard the fan in my buddie's garage playing before. But as soon as I turned it on in my room it was the first thing I heard.

For the price, it’s a must have upgrade. I have the quiet fan on mine and it was well worth it. The factory fan is pretty distracting.

#10669 29 days ago

My hearing is terrible (too many Rob Zombie shows!) but my wife’s is not. I’ve never noticed the fan noise, where do I get the quiet fan kit?

#10670 29 days ago
Quoted from emkay:

My hearing is terrible (too many Rob Zombie shows!) but my wife’s is not. I’ve never noticed the fan noise, where do I get the quiet fan kit?

You'll find it right here

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03720-600w-spooky-multimorphic-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit

#10671 29 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Hey spookycharlie. Was the update from a week or so ago the “1 more code update” you mentioned 10 months ago? if so, is it definitely the last update?

Well it better not be, because that would be a gigantic fucking letdown. But they can't be bothered to have any sort of communication, even after failing to deliver on their promises again and again. Which is a shame, because it still has the potential to be a fantastic machine.

#10672 29 days ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Well it better not be, because that would be a gigantic fucking letdown. But they can't be bothered to have any sort of communication, even after failing to deliver on their promises again and again. Which is a shame, because it still has the potential to be a fantastic machine.

I’m not sure what all promises were made by Spooky, but I have faith they will do what they said they would do. I really believe it’s a company based on integrity. It’s also probably the most customer friendly pin company. With that being said, time will tell. However, I do hope they live up to their reputation.

#10673 28 days ago

Did something happen with Dave Fawzma? He was the lead coder on RZ and developed that apron mod... looks like he was working on Alice Cooper, but no updates on his site since 2017 and none on FB since 2018. I guess if he left it might be hard for Eric or others to pick up the code? Just seems like RZ development kinda fizzled out at the end, including the apron mod

#10674 28 days ago

rob zombie just had a code update 7/31/2020. Fawzma is still doing code updates. There was one for ACNC and Jetsons too. All released in the last 60 days. As for the apron mod, I am not sure where that stands.

#10675 28 days ago

Cool, glad he's still around I still have to reassemble my RZ from taking it to Pincinnati, so haven't even had a chance to drop the 7/31 code yet.

#10676 23 days ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

rob zombie just had a code update 7/31/2020. Fawzma is still doing code updates. There was one for ACNC and Jetsons too. All released in the last 60 days. As for the apron mod, I am not sure where that stands.

The latest V025 is dated 6/3/20?

#10677 19 days ago

Fortuitous pickup of a RZ this weekend! Great game honestly.

What's the best method folks used to get better playfield lighting? I'm generally against pinstadiums. Was thinking a couple spotlights? What else?

Thanks!
Steven

#10678 19 days ago

Congrats! It IS a great pin! I think those are your two choices - Spot lights or Pin Stadiums. However, I know I’m in the minority, but I don’t mind the dark playfield. I think it fits with the theme.

#10679 19 days ago

Between the insane pricing, the spammy ad tactics, and the grossly exaggerated before/afters from the owner, I've become about as anti-pinstadium as anyone, however...

This game benefits SO SO much from them. I don't have them turned up too bright. I agree with keeping the dark *mood* but I want to see the playfield. I have mine on warm white with just a tint of red. It really looks great. Not color-bombed AT ALL and it keeps the original vibe of the game, except you can see everything, even playing in a dark room. So, this is the one game I would strongly recommend Pinstadiums.

#10680 19 days ago

I have seen pics with RZ with pin stadiums turned to a red tone and, I agree, it does look really nice.

#10681 19 days ago
Quoted from damadczar:

What's the best method folks used to get better playfield lighting? I'm generally against pinstadiums. Was thinking a couple spotlights? What else?
Thanks!
Steven

RZ is the only pin I have pin stadiums on. Big difference. You can set them to purple or red and it keeps it dark but adds enough light. Also check the to spot lights in the trough, when I got mine one bulb was missing. There are only two flashers in RZ so if you get the Orion belt go to spooky to get the wiring diagram. Hit me up if you need any help connecting it up.

#10682 19 days ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Also check the to spot lights in the trough, when I got mine one bulb was missing.

Lol those love to come flying out. I’m ->this<- close to gluing them in.

#10683 19 days ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Thanks!
Steven

The game looks great with a solid UV lighting placed at a few strategic locations not just on the side rails. I use the kit from pinball refinery: https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Killer-UV-GI-Lighting-Upgrade-for-Rob-Zombies-Spook-Show/p/72269323/category=21009054

The pictures make it looks more extreme than in real life.

#10684 19 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Between the insane pricing, the spammy ad tactics, and the grossly exaggerated before/afters from the owner, I've become about as anti-pinstadium as anyone, however...
This game benefits SO SO much from them. I don't have them turned up too bright. I agree with keeping the dark *mood* but I want to see the playfield. I have mine on warm white with just a tint of red. It really looks great. Not color-bombed AT ALL and it keeps the original vibe of the game, except you can see everything, even playing in a dark room. So, this is the one game I would strongly recommend Pinstadiums.

I agree completely. I put them on mine just enough to see. In my opinion makes the game much better.

#10685 19 days ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

RZ is the only pin I have pin stadiums on. Big difference. You can set them to purple or red and it keeps it dark but adds enough light. Also check the to spot lights in the trough, when I got mine one bulb was missing. There are only two flashers in RZ so if you get the Orion belt go to spooky to get the wiring diagram. Hit me up if you need any help connecting it up.

Which flasher/what did you attach Orions belt to on yours?

#10686 19 days ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Which flasher/what did you attach Orions belt to on yours?

I think Orion is overkill on any game, but even if you like it, there's only 2 flashers in RZ. Get the uv glow version and connect to the purple flasher.

#10687 19 days ago
Quoted from emkay:

Lol those love to come flying out. I’m ->this<- close to gluing them in.

Have you tried using electrical tape on the flasher base to give it more "grab?" Should be the last time you have to mess with them if you do this.

Pics and details are here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights#post-4402506

#10688 18 days ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I had no idea there were spots in the trough. I'll have to check that.

WRT to pinstadiums, I just watched an install video. Even putting the magnetic strips to the side walls seems "destructive" to me. I don't disagree that it likely provides the kind of light I'm looking for, and that it would look good, but just seems.... I dunno, janky.

I'm going to try adding a couple spot lights first and see how that goes. $20 to try that out seems like a no brainer. If it doesn't give me enough, I'll move forward with something more extreme.

Thanks for everyone's responses.... didn't get many pictures though of folks showing off their RZ with better lighting. Seems like a missed opportunity there! LOL.

Anyway, thanks folks.

#10689 16 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I think Orion is overkill on any game, but even if you like it, there's only 2 flashers in RZ. Get the uv glow version and connect to the purple flasher.

That's actually what I have and if I haven't played for awhile its intense as hell. I was just wondering what you did. I did put an orions belt in T2 and it compliments the game well but that's for another forum.

Thanks

#10690 12 days ago

Just got done with a topside tear down, deep clean, wax, Titans, etc. Also added some led strip lighting on the rails and in front of apron. Wow. What an improvement over stock.

Also, a shout out to Matt at M & M Creations (Sonic) for building a Magnetic Reed Switch to replace the upper playfield switch that gets wacked by the ball shooting the right inner orbit shot. The switch fits perfect and works awesome.

20201011_160911 (resized).jpg20201010_122135 (resized).jpg20201010_170137 (resized).jpg20201010_170147 (resized).jpg20201010_170311 (resized).jpg
#10691 12 days ago

Hi all, my spinner on the murder ride loop broke off the other day. From what i can see it's a mod and doesn't affect gameplay or scoring at all if i just take it off?

rz1 (resized).jpg

#10692 12 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just got done with a topside tear down, deep clean, wax, Titans, etc. Also added some led strip lighting on the rails and in front of apron. Wow. What an improvement over stock.
Also, a shout out to Matt at M & M Creations (Sonic) for building a Magnetic Reed Switch to replace the upper playfield switch that gets wacked by the ball shooting the right inner orbit shot. The switch fits perfect and works awesome. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Erik - Glad to be of service - and glad to help resolve a curious engineering (from my POV) faux pas from Spooky.....

#10693 10 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

From what i can see it's a mod and doesn't affect gameplay or scoring at all if i just take it off?

Yeah that's a mod. No changes to game play with it off.

#10694 10 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Erik - Glad to be of service - and glad to help resolve a curious engineering (from my POV) faux pas from Spooky.....

Thanks for looking after us down under too, Matt!

Quoted from mackey256:

Yeah that's a mod. No changes to game play with it off.

Thanks mate.

#10695 10 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks for looking after us down under too, Matt!

Thanks mate.

No problem... bioba is your M&M Creations distributor for AU & NZ....and forgive me for not having a clue that many RZ's are down under...I had no idea!

#10696 10 days ago

pb77 (resized).jpg

2 Spooky's here so far, i know of at least one Aussie has the whole set.

#10698 10 days ago

Thanks, this is looking from the hot tub

df25 (resized).jpg

#10699 7 days ago

Just received my second switch from M & M Creations today. Installed it in the other switch location on the upper playfield. Now both switches match. Both are now Magnetic Reed Switches and there's no chance that either will get smashed on the underside of the playfield from a ball going through the inner orbit shot.

20201016_182414 (resized).jpg20201016_214051 (resized).jpg
#10700 7 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just received my second switch from M & M Creations today. Installed it in the other switch location on the upper playfield. Now both switches match. Both are now Magnetic Reed Switches and there's no chance that either will get smashed on the underside of the playfield from a ball going through the inner orbit shot.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic Erik! So happy this worked out - these MRS' never cease to amaze me...and thanks for the kind words and pics...

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 10707 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 215.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside