2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 223.
#10601 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Congratulations.
How many of these are actually in Australia?
Can’t be too many down there I would think.

I think 8 came to Australia originally, might be a couple more now. There are only 6 AMH’s here. My Spooky collection is bolted to the floor.

I have side armour coming with my R&M. Has anyone put these on RZ yet? Never done these before. Any advice is appreciated, Cheers

#10602 3 years ago

Not sure, there are a couple of LE's, was offered one back last year when i was tempted with this title. been umming and ahhhing over it for ages. unusual for me as i normally bite the bullet, but the sparse playfield has had me doubting. we'll see.

#10603 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

the sparse playfield has had me doubting.

Honestly, I don’t think the playfield on RZ is any less sparse than some modern Stern playfields. Stranger Things is pretty sparse.

#10604 3 years ago

When we say sparse are we talking lack of bash toys? Or lack of art? I don’t look at it and think its missing anything. I mean look at AFM - which i own also - and and thats pretty damn wide open. I think you need some space as that ball really gets moving. Then throw 7 of them out there lol.

The good thing about it is there aren't that many in the wild and eventually they will all settle into collections that really appreciate this game

#10605 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Honestly, I don’t think the playfield on RZ is any less sparse than some modern Stern playfields. Stranger Things is pretty sparse.

I think he was talking about the terrible playfield art. Very open, too dark, and plain, which is a shame since the cabinet and backglass are top notch.

I believe Ben Heck said (or implied, not sure how concrete of a statement it was - it's been a year or two) that they ran out of money, so that's why the playfield art is so bad for a pinball machine. At least that explains it. I was concerned thinking they looked at it in preproduction and went, "yeah, that's awesome, print it!" Now we know it was a budget thing.

#10606 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I think 8 came to Australia originally, might be a couple more now. There are only 6 AMH’s here. My Spooky collection is bolted to the floor.
I have side armour coming with my R&M. Has anyone put these on RZ yet? Never done these before. Any advice is appreciated, Cheers

The one i just bought is just around the corner from you mate.

I'm yet to see one in the flesh, so i'll withdraw the remark and say that something about the playfield had me doubting, a cheap look maybe?

But i'm really looking forward to seeing and playing it now. Was going to drive down and get it, but the 14 hour round trip has me thinking i'll wait till it gets delivered.

#10607 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think he was talking about the terrible playfield art. Very open, too dark, and plain, which is a shame since the cabinet and backglass are top notch.

Maybe you are right, but I don’t think the playfield art is terrible. There’s just not a lot of it. There is a big difference. In terms of it being too dark, honestly, I don’t mind it. I think it works and fits the theme. I’ve said this before but it’s okay to be different. Not everything needs to be brightly light overly packed playfield from an art standpoint.

#10608 3 years ago

WTP5uCU (resized).pngWTP5uCU (resized).png

Can't remember being so wrong about anything for a long time. The most beautiful machine i have now, maybe even better looking cab than Theatre of Magic which i think is the best out there. Playfield and backglass is also stunning.

And the gameplay is so exciting, can't wait to put some more games on it.

Do people really say that some of the other Spooky's are even better? This machine is top class.

pb64 (resized).jpgpb64 (resized).jpg

pb65 (resized).jpgpb65 (resized).jpg

Can the language be turned off to operate this machine in a venue? I bet my mate will buy one if so. I'd put money in it any day. Wish Deadpool had that language setting, the 'adult' on DP is lame.

#10609 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
Can't remember being so wrong about anything for a long time. The most beautiful machine i have now, maybe even better looking cab than Theatre of Magic which i think is the best out there. Playfield and backglass is also stunning.
Do people really say that some of the other Spooky's are even better? This machine is top class.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Can the language be turned off to operate this machine in a venue? I bet my mate will buy one if so. I'd put money in it any day. Wish Deadpool had that language setting, the 'adult' on DP is lame.

There is a family mode setting.

#10610 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Do people really say that some of the other Spooky's are even better?

I do. Had a mint LE and a mint AMH. I kept the amh. I would like it back at some point, but needed funds at the time and it was easier to replace than my other games.

#10611 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I do. Had a mint LE and a mint AMH. I kept the amh. I would like it back at some point, but needed funds at the time and it was easier to replace than my other games.

Rick and Morty (Standard) Spooky Pinball, 2020. ...
Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition) ...
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle. ...
Total Nuclear Annihilation. ...
The Jetsons. ...
Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure. ...
Rob Zombie's Spookshow International. ...
America's Most Haunted.

Assuming AMH is America's Most Haunted, but can't see what LE may be in the list.

#10612 3 years ago

Tried searching for best spooky but got nothing, assumed there must be at least a few threads on it. Would absolutely buy another spooky after this experience.

#10613 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I totally agree on the art style, I think it looks awesome.
Glad to hear this one found a good home.

In regards to the language setting.
There is a timer setting in the setting that functions sort of like an alarm clock.
You can set it to be in family mode during certain hours and go into adult mode after a certain time.
We had ours set to go into adult mode at 10:00 after the kids were in bed.

#10614 3 years ago

All I know is ours get played a lot at parties. And we have a couple A-list titles. Everybody loves Zombie, in adult mode of course.
I'm glad I did not get that apron mod, it never amounted to much. Had a lot of potential. Maybe the mod community can do something with the software.

#10615 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Assuming AMH is America's Most Haunted, but can't see what LE may be in the list.

I believe he is referring the 'Limited Edition' of Rob Zombie, which had a different backglass and trim. AMH is America's Most Haunted, which imho is a much better game, even if the artwork isn't as good as RZ. Only 150 were made.

#10616 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I believe he is referring the 'Limited Edition' of Rob Zombie, which had a different backglass and trim. AMH is America's Most Haunted, which imho is a much better game, even if the artwork isn't as good as RZ. Only 150 were made.

I was, not sure why that was so hard to get? We are in a thread dedicated to Rob zombie and there was an LE.

#10617 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I was, not sure why that was so hard to get? We are in a thread dedicated to Rob zombie and there was an LE.

Apologies for being obtuse, i was asking about other titles so assumed you were also talking about other titles in your answer. Hope my stupidity didn't offend you too much and you can still sleep.

#10618 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me if there was a manual with this game? Can't see it with the machine and can't find the volume button or figure simple things out without it as i'm technically ignorant.

Can't find one to download with a google search or on the spooky game support page.

#10619 3 years ago

No manual. There is a switch matrix and lamp matrix sheet. There is also a board to wire sheet.

Volume is controlled via the knobs on the amplifier itself (inside the coin door to the right). Big knob is volume others are bass and treble.

#10620 3 years ago

Thanks kindly, i'll go and take another look.

#10621 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Apologies for being obtuse, i was asking about other titles so assumed you were also talking about other titles in your answer. Hope my stupidity didn't offend you too much and you can still sleep.

No, your droning on is all it takes for anyone to fall asleep reading this.

#10622 3 years ago

What an unnecessarily offensive person you are. You know you can put me on ignore?

I'm glad you are a point of a percent of all the great pinball people i met. I hope your day gets better.

#10623 3 years ago

Need some help suddenly with my Rob Zombie...
I decided to turn off adult mode as I have younger guests coming to play. However, when I go to test the right flippers are no longer working and it originally said a ball was missing even though all 7 balls were in the trough. I manually ejected all of the balls and let them drop down so it now no longer says there are missing balls but the ball kickup to start the game isn't working.
The left flipper works just fine during game play and in game settings menu while the right flipper button works just fine with navigating game settings menu but not for actual movement of the flipper during gameplay....
It appeared in testing that the BALL LOAD, AUTOPLUNGER, RIGHT SLING, UPPER RIGHT SLING, and RIGHT FLIPPER were not working so I found the 3amp slow blo fuse for solenoid bank 2 blown. I don't have any more of these fuses on hand (any good place to order these Pinsiders would recommend?) but am concerned about adding another fuse if I don't know what caused the blow.

#10624 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Bear in mind that you have SUBSTANTIALLY modded playfields under that glass. Pretty much all the popular mods installed (I think all you're missing of note is the "Pussy Liquors" sign), which really changes the look for the better. That's not at all what that machine's playfield looked like stock.

The Spooky pin ranking are pretty much the order they've been released (except for the terrible contract ones) in since lessons were learned and incorporated into the next machine on each one.

Alice Cooper
Rob Zombie
America's Most Haunted
Jetsons
Dominos

I haven't played Rick and Morty yet, but I'm assuming it will be either in the #1 or #2 spooky spot for best of their releases.

#10625 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(I think all you're missing of note is the "Pussy Liquors" sign)

Also the Murder Ride arch/sign, but yeah the machine he picked up is pretty decked out and loaded.

#10626 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Also the Murder Ride arch/sign, but yeah the machine he picked up is pretty decked out and loaded.

It was kind of blurry in that area so I wasn't sure if he had that one, but Pussy Liquors was definitely missing. But yeah, not anywhere close to the machine Spooky actually shipped.

#10627 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Alice Cooper
Rob Zombie
America's Most Haunted
Jetsons
Dominos

You forgot TnA.

#10628 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You forgot TnA.

I’d put R&M at #1 for now and add TNA as #2.

One of the best features of RZ is infection mode that kicks in whenever you don’t complete a mode in time. It must be turned on in the menu first. Playfield insert lights turn red and flippers are reversed. The second best function are completing the chop inlanes for a ball save.

#10629 3 years ago

I would tend to agree with ranking them in order of most current first.
Games keep getting better as Spooky grows as a company.
Only machine I haven’t played is Jetsons, which seems to be pretty rare. Not sure how many of those got made, but I don’t think it’s a lot.

#10630 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You forgot TnA.

Wasn't TNA pretty much brought to them as-is or close to it? I thought that was the story. It's why I don't really think of it as a spooky pin. But I guess if I'm including Dominoes and Jetsons, I should include that.

#10631 3 years ago

Anyone have the Rob Zombie TV mod with video playback? If so, what are your thoughts?

671FF367-FE5D-4D73-8DA2-CF6EB1F94DBE (resized).jpeg671FF367-FE5D-4D73-8DA2-CF6EB1F94DBE (resized).jpeg
#10632 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bear in mind that you have SUBSTANTIALLY modded playfields under that glass. Pretty much all the popular mods installed (I think all you're missing of note is the "Pussy Liquors" sign), which really changes the look for the better. That's not at all what that machine's playfield looked like stock.
The Spooky pin ranking are pretty much the order they've been released (except for the terrible contract ones) in since lessons were learned and incorporated into the next machine on each one.
Alice Cooper
Rob Zombie
America's Most Haunted
Jetsons
Dominos
I haven't played Rick and Morty yet, but I'm assuming it will be either in the #1 or #2 spooky spot for best of their releases.

I think the rankings are probably a bit skewed. The harder it is to find a game the lower in the rankings it is. Even more so if a game does not do well when it first comes out and is on route. I think RZ suffers from this some in its reputation. Jetsons and Dominos are even harder to find and AMH is also one very few have played.

#10633 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I would tend to agree with ranking them in order of most current first.
Games keep getting better as Spooky grows as a company.

I wouldn't entirely agree with this. I'm sure build quality improved, but many of their games were made by entirely different teams and were often developed concurrently. AMH was a prototype made by Ben Heck before Spooky even formed as a company, while RZ was being developed by Charlie. Dominos and Jetsons were contract games and Jetsons was designed outside Spooky by The Pinball Company. Then TnA was designed by Scott Danesi outside of Spooky, but was spruced up and produced by Spooky like AMH was. Meanwhile, ACNC was developed in-house by Charlie like RZ was.

AMH actually seems like a more complicated build than what has been attempted since, with the motorized target bank, motorized cell door, the rotating ghost that tracks the ball, and the Hellevator lock, which is the only time I have seen a lowering scoop shot in the middle of a ramp!

#10634 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Where did you purchase your red Rob Zombie speaker grills? They look great on the machine in that all black area.

#10635 3 years ago

Yeah i do realise, it came with a folder with all the original mod paperwork in it. there's optionals from the factory like the knocker, shaker and lock bar as well as mods from other companies.

Sorry, but there's no paperwork with the speaker lights although the original ones are in the coin box.

Thanks guys for the ratings, i know a guy with a Total Nuclear Annihilation so will see if i can get to his place and try a game. I'm gathering all these games 9maybe with the exception of Rick and Morty) will have low production numbers and therefore be hard to come by?

#10636 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I wouldn't entirely agree with this. I'm sure build quality improved, but many of their games were made by entirely different teams and were often developed concurrently. AMH was a prototype made by Ben Heck before Spooky even formed as a company, while RZ was being developed by Charlie. Dominos and Jetsons were contract games and Jetsons was designed outside Spooky by The Pinball Company. Then TnA was designed by Scott Danesi outside of Spooky, but was spruced up and produced by Spooky like AMH was. Meanwhile, ACNC was developed in-house by Charlie like RZ was.
AMH actually seems like a more complicated build than what has been attempted since, with the motorized target bank, motorized cell door, the rotating ghost that tracks the ball, and the Hellevator lock, which is the only time I have seen a lowering scoop shot in the middle of a ramp!

Having torn apart amh and rz, build quality is, poor. Spooky seems to have learned from AMH to RZ. They used good quality materials and then cut massive corners.

If I had to sum up RZ and AMH, double sided tape. The rails are secured by a bolt in the front, and double sided tape. They did not use the bolt in the rear near the head. This is after tearing apart 1 amh, 1 rz, 1 rz le. All the same. RZ the rear ball guide has screw holes, but is held in place with double sided tape. The rear ramp to the vuk has double sided tape, but it looks like later ones have a screw holding it on as well.

AMH is a pain to work on. The game doesn't use posts. It uses screws with sleeves, for everything. This makes taking anything apart a pain because you have multiple levels of sleeves and plastics to get into place. RZ if memory serves got this right. Both have terrible aprons. AMH's is too thin and bends when you lift the playfield. the corners on it dig into the playfield scratching it up. Neither block the ball from falling back into the cabinet or apron. RZ's is just too easy to damage.

Now as for rz being more complicated, they just used servos. Ben heck even stated if he had a do over they would have moved away from it. They are fragile and prone to failure (I have only had to replace one so far on amh). AMH also required a lot more fixes by the community than RZ. S

#10637 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Where did you purchase your red Rob Zombie speaker grills? They look great on the machine in that all black area.

These?

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/spooky-pinball/

#10638 3 years ago

That's them.

#10639 3 years ago

The Kimballs version doesn't look like it has the ROB part only ZOMBIE. Your version looks like it says ROB ZOMBIE?

#10640 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Need some help suddenly with my Rob Zombie...
I decided to turn off adult mode as I have younger guests coming to play. However, when I go to test the right flippers are no longer working and it originally said a ball was missing even though all 7 balls were in the trough. I manually ejected all of the balls and let them drop down so it now no longer says there are missing balls but the ball kickup to start the game isn't working.
The left flipper works just fine during game play and in game settings menu while the right flipper button works just fine with navigating game settings menu but not for actual movement of the flipper during gameplay....
It appeared in testing that the BALL LOAD, AUTOPLUNGER, RIGHT SLING, UPPER RIGHT SLING, and RIGHT FLIPPER were not working so I found the 3amp slow blo fuse for solenoid bank 2 blown. I don't have any more of these fuses on hand (any good place to order these Pinsiders would recommend?) but am concerned about adding another fuse if I don't know what caused the blow.

May be worth seeing if the switch underneath the upper playfield got smashed together.

This switch is above where the ball travels through the Murder Ride, and it's prone to damage that causes all sorts of issues when the pins are touching.

With the playfield propped up and a good flashlight, you may be able to see if those pins are damaged without pulling the upper playfield prematurely.

#10641 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I think the rankings are probably a bit skewed. The harder it is to find a game the lower in the rankings it is. Even more so if a game does not do well when it first comes out and is on route. I think RZ suffers from this some in its reputation. Jetsons and Dominos are even harder to find and AMH is also one very few have played.

I've played all of them except Jetsons and Rick and Morty. The order I put them in is pretty much best to worst.

#10642 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Having torn apart amh and rz, build quality is, poor. Spooky seems to have learned from AMH to RZ. They used good quality materials and then cut massive corners.

Good to know, but I wasn't really responding about build quality so much as the overall ranking of the Spooky games. Several people stated that the more recent the better, in the order of release. This would make AMH the worst game from Spooky, which is just laughable.

#10643 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

The Kimballs version doesn't look like it has the ROB part only ZOMBIE. Your version looks like it says ROB ZOMBIE?

Sorry yes, they do. Don't know if manto (the original owner) follows this thread, but he would probably be able to tell you where he got them. I'm betting he is a member here under that name, it's his handle on Aussie arcade. MANTO1975 found him, try a pm.

#10644 3 years ago

The amount of new posts had me excited and i thought, oh wow, SpookyCharlie and FawzmaGames have finally come through with the last code update they have been promising for years now. Oh well.

#10645 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Good to know, but I wasn't really responding about build quality so much as the overall ranking of the Spooky games. Several people stated that the more recent the better, in the order of release. This would make AMH the worst game from Spooky, which is just laughable.

AMH is better than Jetsons and Dominoes, hands down. It gets less clear cut with AMH and RZ, but RZ had more/better assets and better cabinet and backglass art, so I think it still gets the edge.

#10646 3 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

The amount of new posts had me excited and i thought, oh wow, spookycharlie and fawzmagames have finally come through with the last code update they have been promising for years now. Oh well.

Apologies, just a little 'ol excited new owner.

#10647 3 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

The amount of new posts had me excited and i thought, oh wow, spookycharlie and fawzmagames have finally come through with the last code update they have been promising for years now. Oh well.

They casually mentioned a code update was released for RZ on the latest Spooky podcast and sure enough v25 shows as the latest on their site. I haven’t loaded it up yet to see what changes it has but they didn’t talk it up a lot so not sure if it’s much different or not.

#10648 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

AMH is better than Jetsons and Dominoes, hands down. It gets less clear cut with AMH and RZ, but RZ had more/better assets and better cabinet and backglass art, so I think it still gets the edge.

I know neither RZ or AMH are particularly popular games, but I much prefer AMH. I agree on the artwork, but RZ is almost entirely standup targets, which I don't find all that fun to shoot. The only unique target is Captain Spaulding and he's a fairly under-utilized bash toy. AMH on the other hand, is loaded with unique features, has more shot variety, and much better code. FWIW, I was a pre-order buyer of both games.

#10649 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I know neither RZ or AMH are particularly popular games, but I much prefer AMH. I agree on the artwork, but RZ is almost entirely standup targets, which I don't find all that fun to shoot. The only unique target is Captain Spaulding and he's a fairly under-utilized bash toy. AMH on the other hand, is loaded with unique features, has more shot variety, and much better code. FWIW, I was a pre-order buyer of both games.

I was surprised I enjoyed AMH as much as I did, and it does have a lot of cool little features. That art is really ugly, though. I haven't played Rick and Morty yet, but the one thing that drives me nuts about all the Spooky machines is the geometry of a fair number of the shots seems to be just a bit off, and they don't seem to have enough switches so they know where the ball is all the time. Alice Cooper, especially, is ridiculous with the ball saves.

But, at least you can see a progression of improvement from machine to machine. They're getting there.

#10650 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was surprised I enjoyed AMH as much as I did, and it does have a lot of cool little features. That art is really ugly, though. I haven't played Rick and Morty yet, but the one thing that drives me nuts about all the Spooky machines is the geometry of a fair number of the shots seems to be just a bit off, and they don't seem to have enough switches so they know where the ball is all the time. Alice Cooper, especially, is ridiculous with the ball saves.

But, at least you can see a progression of improvement from machine to machine. They're getting there.

Agreed and I'm sure they will get there. They could really use a seasoned playfield designer to at least act as a consultant or something. It's awesome to see their artwork improve so much and I'm always looking forward to what they put out next. Still holding my breath for a straight up horror title from them! (no parody, no band license)

Also, I just bought a Metallica mod from your shop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Wanted
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/213?hl=theadicts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.