IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 223.
#10501 4 years ago

Driving in to work listening Bowen Kerins on the slap save podcast I can only dream that one day he will get the opportunity to take a look and implement a few ideas into RZ via the apron mod if it were to ever actually be fleshed out. Would be awesome but I realize this is merely a dream.

#10502 4 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Any idea how it was packaged from the factory? Tape, foam or something?

foam around the robot and the habit trail.

2 weeks later
#10503 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Fix you airballs on the #2 target by removing the foam and putting a post rubber behind, worked great for me!

[quoted image]

For those that have done this mod, any bending required on the switch itself or simply swap the foam for a post rubber? I'm getting lots of airballs and want to fix it asap to avoid damage to toys etc..

Thanks everyone!

Edit: also, I joined the club! Having fun with it so far!

#10504 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

There will be 1 more code update coming to clean up a few minor bugs... I'm going to personally dig deep in the audio (especially Sid's) and see what else can be tossed in for fun.
The code is pretty complete in this game, with the exception of the few known bugs... which will get addressed over the winter.
If you know of specific bugs we may have missed, email them directly to [email protected] and they will be added to the list of what needs looking at. Posting them here isn't going to help so SEND THEM IN!
Since Fawzma gets to take Scott game #2 off for programming, he's going to be going back and cleaning up RZ, Domino's, and some on Jetson's for The Pinball Company while he finally has the time after Alice Cooper is wrapped up.
Thanks everyone!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Any updates on final version release date? Thanks Charlie. Loving mine so far!

#10505 4 years ago

Can someone help me understand how to collect "Red Hot". I thought you had to finish "What!" first and then hit the right orbit during multi-ball. I can not get "Red Hot" to even light during multiball and I feel like I have tried everything... with the glass off hitting switches.

#10506 4 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Can someone help me understand how to collect "Red Hot". I thought you had to finish "What!" first and then hit the right orbit during multi-ball. I can not get "Red Hot" to even light during multiball and I feel like I have tried everything... with the glass off hitting switches.

Red hot is it’s own mode. Hit the ramp several times to light the right orbit, hit that orbit to start it. Then shoot all lit shots in the allotted time to complete. It’s a tough mode but very satisfying when you can complete it.

#10507 4 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Red hot is it’s own mode. Hit the ramp several times to light the right orbit, hit that orbit to start it. Then shoot all lit shots in the allotted time to complete. It’s a tough mode but very satisfying when you can complete it.

YES! Thank you. I just noticed the DMD tells you... lol. Sometimes it's the obvious thats not obvious. I was reading an old rules card.

1 month later
#10508 4 years ago

So I purchased the Medisinyl Pussy Liquors sign but already have the Tim's sign as well. I'm trying to decide if I could utilize both of them in some fashion within the game vs. adapting the Medisinyl version to light when the mode is available as Tim's does. Has anyone had both of these mods and made a decision on using one vs. the other or both?

#10509 4 years ago

Super skill shot is impossible....

That is what i used to say up till 30mins ago

#10510 4 years ago

Great job! Only ever seen it a couple times.

But as you obviously know, it is more of a super luck shot than a skill shot ..

Quoted from Completist:

#10511 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Congrats.
I’ve still never done it.

#10512 4 years ago

Yeah, it’s a luck shot for sure, but it still gets your heart racing when you get it! The key is nailing the shot placement on the first sling.

#10513 4 years ago

I’ve had more than a few where I hit the first two targets on the plunge, but the third from the left flipper. As long as it doesn’t hit another switch, you are good to go.

#10514 4 years ago

Oh yea, you can score this skillshot in many ways, as there's no timer...

My best one was: plunge to Skill 1 (upper left sling), caromed off a post to a trap on the right flipper. Post passed to left flipper, then deliberately rattled a right orbit shot that fell into the upper right sling (Skill 2) which rebounded into a pop for the finishing shot.

2nd best effort was a game where I scored a triple skillshot the normal way, then scored a second one plunging the EB earned from the first one.

#10515 4 years ago

Well based on the final score of that game (and i got it on first plunge on ball 1) i can agree it was more luck than skill!

I am really loving this game right now, getting more play then anything else. Just decided its time to get better at it lol

#10516 4 years ago

Would it be safe to add a small section (say 1 foot) of an LED strip to this machine using the 12v power in the lower cabinet located in the front on the left without taxing the machine?

#10517 4 years ago

So today I was tempted to do an even trade of my RZ for either an Iron Man or Ghostbusters and it was really tempting and still is actually.

While deciding I went to the basement and cranked the ole girl up loud and had a blast playing it.

It’s tough as hell and not the smoothest of shooters but for some reason I had a lot of fun. This scenario happens every time I think of trading it.

The same person also has an Alice Cooper they are willing to trade if I add in $1k. Part of me wants to switch up the lineup but I could play Ironman or Ghostbusters 3 miles down the road on location once things open back up.

Decisions decisions decisions.

#10518 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So today I was tempted to do an even trade of my RZ for either an Iron Man or Ghostbusters and it was really tempting and still is actually.
While deciding I went to the basement and cranked the ole girl up loud and had a blast playing it.
It’s tough as hell and not the smoothest of shooters but for some reason I had a lot of fun. This scenario happens every time I think of trading it.
The same person also has an Alice Cooper they are willing to trade if I add in $1k. Part of me wants to switch up the lineup but I could play Ironman or Ghostbusters 3 miles down the road on location once things open back up.

Own both, but have been playing the hell out of my RZ lately. Def a tough game, though for me i find Alice kicks my ass more. I do find that my Spooky’s make me a better player - especially around getting control of the ball and hitting specific shots. I used to find it frustrating to hit the left orbit consistently to start a mode. but now i seem to have that shot dialed in. American Witch being my favorite mode, as i am immature and get a kick out of poorly resolved cartoon nudity on a dot matrix display....

#10519 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Own both, but have been playing the hell out of my RZ lately. Def a tough game, though for me i find Alice kicks my ass more. I do find that my Spooky’s make me a better player - especially around getting control of the ball and hitting specific shots. I used to find it frustrating to hit the left orbit consistently to start a mode. but now i seem to have that shot dialed in. American Witch being my favorite mode, as i am immature and get a kick out of poorly resolved cartoon nudity on a dot matrix display....

I hadn’t played my RZ in several weeks and found myself hitting the left orbit pretty easily.

I even hit the right orbit several times as well. Kind of shocked me how easy it came back to me.

I had the bass and volume cranked and it was AWESOME!

Its an odd game for sure with the layout but I was having a lot of fun with it today.

#10520 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I own both RZLE and ACNC. AC all day long. Even with the 1k differential. Right now, ACNC and Elvira are my two favorites by a country mile.

#10521 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I own both RZLE and ACNC. AC all day long. Even with the 1k differential. Right now, ACNC and Elvira are my two favorites by a country mile.

What is it about ACNC that you like more?

#10522 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

What is it about ACNC that you like more?

The modes are more creative, the playfield layout is better, the toys are better with Frank diverter, guillotine, target capture and ball save. The LCD is of course much better, and to me the audio/music integration is better. I really wanted to love RZ, but it never clicked for me. Add to that Spookys abandonment of the code and promised features, and overall it was just a miss.

#10523 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

The same person also has an Alice Cooper they are willing to trade if I add in $1k.

I love me some RZ - but I’d be jumping on that deal.

ACNC is a big step up from RZ.

Grab that deal while you can.

rd

#10524 4 years ago

Same here. I have no intention of selling my RZ but after 20-30 games on ACNC, I can safely say I'd put the $1K down to trade.

#10525 4 years ago

Interesting thoughts.

I just see all the bricked shots on ACNC and wonder how fun it would be.

I played one early on with very basic code. It appears it has progressed immensely since then.

Certainly has more shots than RZ

#10526 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Interesting thoughts.
I just see all the bricked shots on ACNC and wonder how fun it would be.
I played one early on with very basic code. It appears it has progressed immensely since then.
Certainly has more shots than
RZ

Every game has bricked shots - if you can’t hit them ...

Like Rick and Morty - I saw a video on line of “a guy” (no names lol) playing and he was just flailing around and then complains loudly that’s he can’t hit the shots and the game is broken. In the R&M thread, there’s video of a 4 year old kid hitting all the shots no problems!

Games like ACNC - and RZ - challenge you to play better. Learn the shots and be able to hit them 9/10 times.

In saying that, lots of people don’t want to take the time or make the effort to learn the skills to play better. They should buy games like Scared Stiff or LOTR, and not ACNC or R&M.

rd

#10527 4 years ago

Anyone have any idea how much overhead power Zombie has for adding some LED light strips? Spooky said they do not recommend adding anything of course but I'm curious as obviously people add mods to nearly every modern machine made including Spooky products.

#10528 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Every game has bricked shots - if you can’t hit them ...
Like Rick and Morty - I saw a video on line of “a guy” (no names lol) playing and he was just flailing around and then complains loudly that’s he can’t hit the shots and the game is broken. In the R&M thread, there’s video of a 4 year old kid hitting all the shots no problems!
Games like ACNC - and RZ - challenge you to play better. Learn the shots and be able to hit them 9/10 times.
In saying that, lots of people don’t want to take the time or make the effort to learn the skills to play better. They should buy games like Scared Stiff or LOTR, and not ACNC or R&M.
rd

Still waiting for that last code update to drop and you finally give the world the video of you getting to hell bound!

#10529 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Still waiting for that last code update to drop and you finally give the world the video of you getting to hell bound!

The last code update fixed it, from memory .. it’s been a while ...

I started shooting the video but my Sony NEX camera can only shoot video for so long before it overheats and stops. (Known issue) I have a video of getting to the end of X-Men on YouTube, camera died in the middle of it - lucky I noticed and restarted the camera for part 2!

So I tried ti film RZ a few times and then said “f**k it!” and that was the end of that. All too hard. Lol!

rd

#10530 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The update repaired something that was broken in the last few releases.
If you hit the blue XX targets on the top right hand side, they are corpse multipliers. They multiply the number of hits.
Without those active, H1KC was pretty much impossible to complete.
So it is now, as it was before.
rd

I had to go back in the thread and remind myself what the problem was!

Then I remembered. You couldn’t multiply the corpses to complete the 1000 switch hit multiball.

You need to complete all modes to get to Hellbound - and it was impossible to do 1000 hits without the multipliers.

It’s all fixed now.

rd

#10531 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I had to go back in the thread and remind myself what the problem was!
Then I remembered. You couldn’t multiply the corpses to complete the 1000 switch hit multiball.
You need to complete all modes to get to Hellbound - and it was impossible to do 1000 hits without the multipliers.
It’s all fixed now.
rd

Chuck claims they have a couple more known bugs and he was gonna dive into the audio for more of Sid.

Possibly later this spring is what he had said.

#10532 4 years ago

The wife was playing today and busted the plastic piece on top of the pop bumper. Anyone know where to order the correct replacement?
Or should I reach out to Spooky and see if they have any in stock.
Thanks.

ADE83A81-A076-486A-BB15-D149DE1BD5C7 (resized).jpegADE83A81-A076-486A-BB15-D149DE1BD5C7 (resized).jpeg
#10533 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The wife was playing today and busted the plastic piece on top of the pop bumper. Anyone know where to order the correct replacement?
Or should I reach out to Spooky and see if they have any in stock.
Thanks.[quoted image]

Spooky will have them, their customer service is top notch!

#10534 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Spooky will have them, their customer service is top notch!

Yeah, they have been really awesome.
I was just wondering if it’s unique to this game (which I think it might be). Or if it’s a part you can just order from a parts distributor.
I’ll probably reach out to Luke or Charlie and see if I can buy a couple.
I think it would be good to have a spare.

#10535 4 years ago

I personally dont like the Alice Cooper game at all and ive played it a lot. I just dont find the shots fun in any way.

#10536 4 years ago

Mine busted in the exact same spot. Everything else is looking good.

#10537 4 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Mine busted in the exact same spot. Everything else is looking good.

Yeah, it’s a high impact part that takes a beating (to be expected).
I’ve had my RZ since NIB and have had very few problems with it.

Great game and the playfield still looks amazing.

#10538 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yeah, they have been really awesome.
I was just wondering if it’s unique to this game (which I think it might be). Or if it’s a part you can just order from a parts distributor.
I’ll probably reach out to Luke or Charlie and see if I can buy a couple.
I think it would be good to have a spare.

Contact spooky. They sent me a replacement within days! Great customer service.

#10539 4 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I personally dont like the Alice Cooper game at all and ive played it a lot. I just dont find the shots fun in any way.

Seems to be a love or a hate... man I love mine, the modes are all unique and the song choices are just great - many of which were the first time I had heard them.

#10540 4 years ago

I’ve been enjoying my game more over the past week.

In a way I wish the music was more like ACNC. I mean that I wish the mode songs only played when you were in that mode and not just randomly play a song.

It would be cool if it just played some sort of spooky music while not in a mode.

1 week later
#10541 3 years ago

I guess on good thing about staying at home is I have plenary of time to go through boxes from previous moves etc.
Finding all kinds of stuff I had forgotten about.

Found my Captain Spaulding belt buckle, so gonna start rockin this thing.

917E966F-AB1B-4267-BC5B-490906CAB387 (resized).jpeg917E966F-AB1B-4267-BC5B-490906CAB387 (resized).jpeg
#10542 3 years ago

I have had a lot of games in the past 20 years and this game is one of my favorites. I knew I loved it the first game I played one at at the Ohio show a few years ago. Mine is bolted to the floor.

#10543 3 years ago

I know finishing up ACNC code is a big priority for the Spooky crew during this downtime but I would love to be surprised with a RZ update that gave us some new treats.

I’ve been playing mine a lot more lately than I have in the last several months. It’s unique and fun but can also make you want to set it on fire with how challenging it is.

#10544 3 years ago

How about they code the lcd apron they sold all of us and does not do near what was promised?

#10545 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

How about they code the lcd apron they sold all of us and does not do near what was promised?

I think it was mentioned that was a side project and not a part of Spooky itself? If not, lame.

#10546 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I was close to buying one because of all the plans that were mentioned and non of it came to fruition. I feel bad for those who purchased one. Like $350 for no value added.

I wish it would get coded to completion and offered for sale again.

#10547 3 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I was close to buying one because of all the plans that were mentioned and non of it came to fruition. I feel bad for those who purchased one. Like $350 for no value added.
I wish it would get coded to completion and offered for sale again.

Mine has this on it but whoever installed it before I purchased it broke the board in the back box that runs it. I contacted the guy that made the mod and he said he would build me another board . It’s been 8 months and have never heard back. This mod was not done by Spooky.

#10548 3 years ago

The mod was done by FAWZMA. He is the coder for spooky. Charlie said that the code for the mod would be done. But it never was

#10549 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

The mod was done by FAWZMA. He is the coder for spooky. Charlie said that the code for the mod would be done. But it never was

Please cite your source for that. I was an early adopter of this mod and have it installed in my machine. It was always a side project of Fawzma’s. I have never heard Charlie reference it. Charlie did promise a last update for RZ code that would be a final fix (of some pretty serious bugs, in my opinion), but that has slipped and slipped again.

#10550 3 years ago

With all this down time,you'd think code update would be a synch!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/211?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.