Quoted from VividPsychosis:
Hey Guys, I just got a rzle and it has a bunch of issues. I was hoping you could help me out.
1. All the leds flicker like they need a ocd led board during game and attract mode. (Test mode they all light up fine.)
2. The clown doesn’t work properly and the robot doesn’t move at all. In test, the robot tests make the clown move back and forth. The clown test doesn’t move anything. Tried switching the cables that connect both and switch them, then they just both don’t work.
3. The right flipper when I hit the start button was locked in the engaged position. In test it always shows as on. But the leaf switches and the coil leafs look fine.
4. The game struggles to keep track of balls in the trough. But not always. Sometimes it will say missing balls other times it doesn’t. :/
5. When the ball goes past the clown and down the hole, it seems to get caught up. I can only get it down from shaking the machine or putting another ball down the hole.
Sounds like an awful lot of stuff to go wrong all at once.
Was the machine on route and not maintained or something like that?
The robot not moving at all is probably a worn out servo, which probably needs replaced.
This and Captain Spaulding (the clown) both use servos to turn them.
It's basically the same kind of servo that used in the RC hobby for RC cars and airplanes.
The robot one probably needs replaced as it get the most use and since the gears are plastic they can wear out.
Most hobby shops and RC hobby websites sell them, but if you want something more robust go with one with metal gears.
Captain Spaulding (clown) is only active in certain modes, so he might not be broken.
Does he move back and forth at game start up?
Its possible something back there has come loose or is misaligned, which also might be why the ball is not falling through the hole.
I.E. that might actually be one problem, not two.
I would check and see if you have a bent or broken switch in the ball though.
Maybe its just not registering correctly when the balls are feeding in and out?
Like Dave mentioned I would reach out to Spooky and see if they can help you with some of the stuff like the light problem.
They are pretty amazing when it comes to helping people out with tech stuff.
Congratulations on the new pick up.
It's a pretty awesome game.