2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 223.
#1001 8 years ago

I expect the art to be epic. I've heard good things about the toys. The dots are going to be sweet.

The two big questions marks for me are

a) the rules, which are just totally unknown since it's a new programmer

b) the playfield layout

I just wasn't crazy about the Pinball Zombies layout, to put it nicely. Didn't do it for me. They've made some tweaks, question is will they be enough or not?

If the gameplay doesn't match the art then I'm out, it's gotta be both.

#1002 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

b) the playfield layout
I just wasn't crazy about the Pinball Zombies layout, to put it nicely. Didn't do it for me. They've made some tweaks, question is will they be enough or not?

I was told from someones opinion that I value that the value out is WAY improved and very cool. "still unique but a good shooter"
The rules >> still a big quesiton mark for me also. I have offered my 'asshole services' to fawza where I am happy to tell him how mush his ruleset sucks and what sort of pinball related tweaks he may want to make

He seems to have a very good idea of what he invisions and has laid out. I think it should be interesting to see what he comes up with and expect a fresh perspective. From my understanding he seems very open and ready to make tweaks (like Ben has and continues to do) and that is the most important thing IMO. Ability to take your lumps and make it better. AMH code has come a long way from where it was even jsut 1 year ago and has provided a really nice framework is my understanding.

Biggest news I have heard is that the animations are AMAZING! Hear that from 2 different people now independantly so that is what I am most excited to see next.

Do we have confirmation that a new whitewood will be at expo?

#1003 8 years ago

Could we get high res pic of the standard translite? Thanks

#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do we have confirmation that a new whitewood will be at expo?

was there ever an old whitewood revealed?

#1005 8 years ago

svengoolie looks like Sammy Terry. That's who we had to host our horror movies in Indiana.

450px-Sammy_Terry_2010.jpg450px-Sammy_Terry_2010.jpg

#1006 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told from someones opinion that I value that the value out is WAY improved and very cool. "still unique but a good shooter"

I've heard it's hardly changed at all from Pinball Zombies, Chuck wants to put that game out. So I guess we'll just see. I never shot the original, just watched video of it. If it plays anything like the video I'm dropping out, no matter how great the art looks.

But I'm really hoping that's not the case.

I'm sticking to my guns on all new pins. Too expensive? Over it. Not gonna buy a TBL even though I think it looks incredible. Art shitty? There will be no GOT in my garage. Don't dig the theme? Pass on Kiss. Not fun to play with good rules? Not buying, no matter how nice it looks.

There's a whole world of other pins to play out there, at these new prices you gotta give me everything, or I'm walking away.

As for Expo, it's Terry's party or bust I guess, no Spooky at Expo is what I thought.

#1007 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

it's Terry's party or bust I guess, no Spooky at Expo is what I thought

yeah, that makes sense.

better spot for it anyway IMO!

#1008 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As for Expo, it's Terry's party or bust I guess, no Spooky at Expo is what I thought.

Listen to his last show, he'll be at Terry's friday with Svengoolie to auction off AMH #150, and he's doing some sort of talk at Expo on Saturday. He could reveal his machine at either show, but considering he moved the AMH auction to Terry's, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up bringing RZ there as well.

#1009 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've heard it's hardly changed at all from Pinball Zombies, Chuck wants to put that game out. So I guess we'll just see. I never shot the original, just watched video of it. If it plays anything like the video I'm dropping out, no matter how great the art looks.
I'm sticking to my guns on all new pins. Too expensive? Over it. Not gonna buy a TBL even though I think it looks incredible. Art shitty? There will be no GOT in my garage. Don't dig the theme? Pass on Kiss. Not fun to play with good rules? Not buying, no matter how nice it looks.
There's a whole world of other pins to play out there, at these new prices you gotta give me everything, or I'm walking away.

The RZSI game layout is way different than Pinball Zombies, as I heard from Charlie directly when I was there last Friday. He did not show me anything of the PF, so I only have his word on what he described, but Charlie's word is golden for me.
The main timing issue for a reveal at Expo is the artwork + artwork approval from the licensee. This is not trivial, with lots of unknowns. I will get approved, but perhaps not all tweaked, approved, tweaked, approved cycle will be final in time to get it all on the game for an Expo showing.

It also plays completely different, per CHarlie.

#1010 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wish I thought like that, but I get wide saucer eyes with new toys. I'm a total consumer.

#1011 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Wish I thought like that, but I get wide saucer eyes with new toys. I'm a total consumer.

he used to be, but now he is a subcontractor (#notanemployee) so he has a specific filter.

#1012 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

he used to be, but now he is a subcontractor (#notanemployee) so he has a specific filter.

Uh.

I've bought one NIB pin in my life, and it was a Stern (Star Trek Premium). After the experience I soured on repeating it. It has nothing to do with me working on Alien.

I'm on the list for Rob Zombie, and I really hope it comes out great, I'm a buyer if so. I'm simply saying that Chuck and I haven't agreed on the vision for the playfield from the start. He told me that he's come around closer to my way of thinking, and it's just a matter of whether or not that's true enough to suck me in or not.

But the point is why would you say you're buying Ghostbusters already? We haven't seen it! We don't even know if it's real. (My sources say yes, who knows though.) It's this mentality of buying things based on nothing but a whisper that builds up the all problems GOT just revealed.

Spooky is doing it right. It's just a list, nothing to commit to until we see the game. I'm just saying, while I'm excited, if it's not right for me I'll pass, even if the art is sweet. That's the reasonable approach IMHO.

#1013 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's the reasonable approach IMHO.

agreed

#1014 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I expect the art to be epic. I've heard good things about the toys. The dots are going to be sweet.
b) the playfield layout
If the gameplay doesn't match the art then I'm out, it's gotta be both.

Admittedly I wouldn't have considered buying PZFBTG in the original state for even a third of the price, but it did have some features I like (3rd sling/mini playfield/look of the ramp), and I could easily see it being something great with even a couple improvements (sounds like there may be many promising changes). It just had awful playfield art and gave a sense that something was missing in the layout.

The theme, Horley on board for art, Sid Haig callouts, etc. push it into a realm that lends me to believe they really need to screw up for me to back out. They'll sell out regardless with the limit, but I expect some potential buyers may put their money towards Alien instead. Rather frustrating that such powerhouse themes are coming out around a similar time frame (bit too much money to buy both). Alien may be easier to find to buy in the future though.

I'm just glad Stern isn't doing either of them.

#1015 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

was there ever an old whitewood revealed?

I believe they're calling old whitewood = PZFBTG

#1016 8 years ago

Whoah. Glad I read this thread. Would have been rather mad if my wife and I had showed up at expo to see it in person (to decide to stay on the list or not) and its at Terry's instead.

#1017 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

sticking to my guns on all new pins. Too expensive? Over it. Not gonna buy a TBL even though I think it looks incredible. Art shitty? There will be no GOT in my garage. Don't dig the theme? Pass on Kiss. Not fun to play with good rules? Not buying, no matter how nice it looks.

That's where I'm at with new pins now too.

With the price they are here, I can import multiple SS classics from the States for the same price. Those 4 or 5 or 6 games give me (and my guests) much more enjoyment than one mediocre new pin.

Witness that thread I did "what I did with my Star Trek LE 13,500" where I could buy 6-7 quality pins for the same price. A couple of those have gone already (at a profit...) but the majority have found a permanent home at my place.

rd

#1018 8 years ago

Anybody want to sell their spot ?

#1019 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

there are a couple AMH up for sale. I am guessing t=you could try to negotiate the RZ spot along with the AMH purchase?

#1020 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there are a couple AMH up for sale. I am guessing t=you could try to negotiate the RZ spot along with the AMH purchase?

Not even sure how this RZ order process works right now other than names on a list?

#1021 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Not even sure how this RZ order process works right now other than names on a list?

that is about it. names on a list, but all those that had AMH were allowed to grab a spot I think.

#1022 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

The waiting list is about as long as the actual list now I think. I don't know that it's possible to sell your spot.

#1023 8 years ago

I'm on the list and pretty excited. Short of a dog turd as the main toy, I'm looking forward to getting this one in my gameroom.

I also feel like going with a boutique is kind of 'sticking it to the man' which is great.

Now let's see the goddamn game!

#1024 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is about it. names on a list, but all those that had AMH were allowed to grab a spot I think.

I think that you are right.And I don't disagree at all by giving preferential treatment to previous customers.At least one Pinball Manufacturer appreciates a loyal customer base.Kind of refreshing when you think about it.

#1025 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have offered my 'asshole services' to fawza where I am happy to tell him how mush his ruleset sucks and what sort of pinball related tweaks he may want to make

Just to clarify, Whysnow has no idea what the rules are. He offered to give his opinion as other have. At this point in time, I can't reveal any rules, please don't ask for them. I prefer to keep this gig.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1026 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Just to clarify, Whysnow has no idea what the rules are. He offered to give his opinion as other have. At this point in time, I can't reveal any rules, please don't ask for them. I prefer to keep this gig.

I'm coining it in your honor- FAWZome!

do yo thang!

#1027 8 years ago

Have any non-AMH people heard back on whether they're on the waiting or interested list?

#1028 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Was never trying to imply anything different.

Side note: there is a precedent as the code guy that a few beers is all it takes for you to start telling us all sorts of stuff... first round is on me at expo

#1029 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there is a precedent as the code guy that a few beers is all it takes for you to start telling us all sorts of stuff

It only works if it's spotted cow though

#1030 8 years ago

By expo it's fair game. Spotted cow works

#1031 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Have any non-AMH people heard back on whether they're on the waiting or interested list?

Sure. I didn't buy AMH and I'm on the RZ interested list.

#1032 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't buy AMH and I'm on the RZ interested list.

Same.

#1033 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I had messaged them as soon as I saw the announcement (within a day) and got a response that I was on the list in a couple days (they were bombarded at the time). I have no idea how they are handling the list currently.

Can anyone confirm that 6 and 7 ball multiball modes are still the plan?

#1034 8 years ago

Amh is a 4 ball troft, I believe RZ is a redesigned 6-ball troft

#1035 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I have no idea how they are handling the list currently.

I asked Kayte which # I am. She said there are no numbers yet, and said its just an interested list until game is revealed and deposits taken.

Im assuming it's above 300 and possibly still growing but just a guess. Wouldn't you want to be sure there was more than enough interest too if you were them?

Once game is revealed, $1k deposits will be collected, securing your game and build #'s assigned.

My impression is that if you're number #301 on the interested list and only one person ahead of you decides they don't want it (or passes for any reason) then you'd get your chance to secure it with deposit. So if you were #302 on interested list and literally only one person backed out ahead of you (#301 stays) then you become the first person that just missed by a hair.

Maybe Chuck can pop in here for a quick "yes" or "no...___" to confirm. I don't want to spread bad info or assumptions, just attempting to help based on an email response I got.

Dead horse statement:
They are doing this right by assuring interest, showing, THEN taking deposits. Very logical order

#1036 8 years ago
#1037 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Whysnow said:
I have offered my 'asshole services' to fawza

sounds like prison talk.....

#1038 8 years ago

I think RZ will have an 8 ball trough but what do I know.

#1039 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I asked Kayte which # I am. She said there are no numbers yet, and said its just an interested list until game is revealed and deposits taken.

As long as they're being offered in an order relative to the responses they got (as was originally noted from them somewhere), then however else they handle the list is fine by me.

#1040 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Sure! Just send me two fiddy!

#1041 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

By expo it's fair game. Spotted cow works

And he may just hold off talking about the code longer to see how many free beers he can get before people finally give up on that plan

#1042 8 years ago

Unless this game comes out looking upside down (in a bad way) of what I am imagining, I fully plan to turn my list spot to a deposit, and I have always been against pre-ordering. This and Alien are the only games that have my interest at this point. I love horror themes and the art is going to be tops IMO. The only thing that's I don't like is the fact that this game is a long way from landing in anyone's gameroom. But, Spooky is keeping this a small operation, so no fancy factory to build from, and that's fine. They have proven that they deliver real games.

#1043 8 years ago

I'm on the list and if the game looks as good as the glass then i'll have to be in... and my better half will think i'm crazy. Though she likes the theme

#1044 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

At this point in time, I can't reveal any rules, please don't ask for them. I prefer to keep this gig.

"Do what you do," but make it a shocker, please!
re-ani2.jpgre-ani2.jpg

#1045 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Im assuming it's above 300 and possibly still growing but just a guess. Wouldn't you want to be sure there was more than enough interest too if you were them?
Once game is revealed, $1k deposits will be collected, securing your game and build #'s assigned.
My impression is that if you're number #301 on the interested list and only one person ahead of you decides they don't want it (or passes for any reason) then you'd get your chance to secure it with deposit. So if you were #302 on interested list and literally only one person backed out ahead of you (#301 stays) then you become the first person that just missed by a hair.
Maybe Chuck can pop in here for a quick "yes" or "no...___" to confirm. I don't want to spread bad info or assumptions, just attempting to help based on an email response I got.
Dead horse statement:
They are doing this right by assuring interest, showing, THEN taking deposits. Very logical order

This is KT,this is my 2nd EVER post on Pinside.... Yes, the game numbers will be secured in the order they were received. I will announce more as we get closer to that time.

#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm simply saying that Chuck and I haven't agreed on the vision for the playfield from the start. He told me that he's come around closer to my way of thinking, and it's just a matter of whether or not that's true enough to suck me in or not.

You shouldn't buy this game Aurich... the only way you're going to get your vision of what a Rob Zombie game should be is to build yourself a custom.

Yes we added more flow, toys, mechs, and some great other surprises, but... it's still a wild non "fan layout" type of game. If it fails horribly, then so be it... we can make a fan layout game on #3, and at least we took the chance and stuck to my vision for 1 game. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Not the first time, won't be the last.

At this time there are more than 600 people on the "I want it" list. We know some will pass when they see it, and that's fine. I'd prefer that people who actually want the game for what it is end up with the 300 units, than 300 people expecting it to play like Tron or Star Trek and being disappointed.

The game is dark, gory, R rated, vulgar, PG-13 even in family mode, and not for everyone. It will be brutal to play and something unique. We've made a ton of improvements across the board (no pun intended)... and hoping everyone likes what we do isn't realistic, so I hope a solid 300 of you do.

#1047 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You shouldn't buy this game Aurich... the only way you're going to get your vision of what a Rob Zombie game should be is to build yourself a custom.

I'm 100% good with the game not being my vision. I know I made that RZ pitch thread a while ago, but it was just something for fun, I'm not stuck on anything as far as Rob Zombie goes. I'm a fan of his, but not like a super fan or anything. And honestly I think you're probably going to come a lot closer to what I was pitching than Stern would have. You definitely get the soul of it in a way they would never have, I'm sure of that.

Reading my post that you quoted it came off more personal and harsh than I meant it to. I'm excited to try the game. I mean, I haven't seen the tweaks, but beyond that I'm basing all of my impressions off that one old video of someone playing Pinball Zombies. That's not exactly a fair shot.

Yes we added more flow, toys, mechs, and some great other surprises, but... it's still a wild non "fan layout" type of game. If it fails horribly, then so be it... we can make a fan layout game on #3, and at least we took the chance and stuck to my vision for 1 game. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Not the first time, won't be the last.

I'm glad you're not making another fan layout. I can have my own opinions on what you should or shouldn't have done, but at the end of the day who cares, right? It's your company, and your time and sweat, and if you can't see your vision through then what's the point?

I think what Spooky has accomplished is amazing. You should be very proud of the work. I know I have a tremendous amount of respect for it.

If the game isn't right for me then it isn't. But I'm hoping it is.

Edit: Also, for the record, I'm super glad I didn't end up doing the art. Alex Horley is going to make it way more awesome than I could have.

#1048 8 years ago

At this time there are more than 600 people on the "I want it" list. We know some will pass when they see it, and that's fine. I'd prefer that people who actually want the game for what it is end up with the 300 units, than 300 people expecting it to play like Tron or Star Trek and being disappointed.
The game is dark, gory, R rated, vulgar, PG-13 even in family mode, and not for everyone. It will be brutal to play and something unique. We've made a ton of improvements across the board (no pun intended)... and hoping everyone likes what we do isn't realistic, so I hope a solid 300 of you do.

Ahh, geez, you're killing me. This just makes me want to know more!

#1049 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If the game isn't right for me then it isn't. But I'm hoping it is.

You are a gentlemen and a scholar sir.. totally respect your opinions, and can't wait to see Alien! Just me being honest and up front... I'd much rather make people happy with their games than sell them something they don't want for the sake of a sale.

Lot's to do before Expo time... still keeping our fingers crossed and doing all we can on our end.

#1050 8 years ago

Lot's to do before Expo time... still keeping our fingers crossed and doing all we can on our end.

Man I heard that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.