2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg
R0010088 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 223.
#10401 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Zombie seems to be one of the more “polar” games out there... folks love it or hate it! mark me for LOVE

It's a game that's not for everybody, thats for sure.
I think when it first came out there were people that bought it that didn't like it for whatever reason and there were some that bad mouthed it.
Now it has kind of a cult following and the machines seem to be gravitating into the hands of people that really appreciate them.
We got our NIB and have liked it from the beginning.
The machine is soo low production (300 units total) that it doesn't really matter though.
On a long enough time line most of these machines will make it into the hands of people that really like the game and appreciate it.

This is not unique to this game though.
Look at pretty much any modern game and you will see people selling them after owning them for a short period of time.
Not all games are for everybody.

#10402 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Rob in concert? I've seen him 3 different times and was underwhelmed each time. I love his music, but something about the show didn't grab me. It's a visual production for sure, but neither my wife nor I came away thinking they were "good" shows.

My wife and I have seen him several times and have always had a blast at his shows.

We watched an interview with Rob once where the person interviewing him asked: "what makes a good rock and roll show?".

Robs response was: Pyrotechnics, scantily clad women, and Giant monsters.

I think he really embraces the visuals of stage performance that I found magical with big rock bands when I was a kid.
I love his shows and think they are great.

#10403 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Rob in concert? I've seen him 3 different times and was underwhelmed each time. I love his music, but something about the show didn't grab me. It's a visual production for sure, but neither my wife nor I came away thinking they were "good" shows.

I don’t understand this comment
At all. He is one of the best live performers ive ever seen (and ive seen a lot)

#10404 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I’ve seen him 6 or so times and always left very satisfied. My only critique would be the limited catalog. I’m a tool fan as well, so, there you go.

#10405 4 years ago

So it looks like I am the only one (and my wife). I can't put a finger on why we're so meh about his shows. Categorically they check all the boxes, so I'm not surprised to hear everyone here likes them. There's just something missing, even though we love his music.

On the flip side, I kinda hate Korn's music, but I've seen them twice and they kicked ass. They were the second billing (aka I wasn't there to see them) and both times they were better than the headliner we were there to see. I'm still not a big fan of their music, but I decided to hit up a Korn show this summer just because they were so fun in years past (doesn't hurt that Alice in Chains is opening).

#10406 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Such a fun game, great callouts, great music. Just thought I'd share 2 quick photos, 1 with my friend John5 and the other of the backglass signed. The show on this tour is fantastic and a must see.[quoted image][quoted image]

Now that's F'en cool!

#10407 4 years ago

The Wife and I went to the Twins of Evil concert last night and Zombie killed it. Marilyn Manson however was TERRIBLE.

#10408 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

The Wife and I went to the Twins of Evil concert last night and Zombie killed it. Marilyn Manson however was TERRIBLE.

Hmmm....was considering going to Louder than Life in Kentucky in September. Manson is one of the headliners, so maybe not.

Pretty killer lineup for 3 days: GNR, SlipKnot, Disturbed, Zombie, GodSmack, Staind, Ice Cube (odd mix), Manson, Halestorm, Breaking Benjamin, Stone Temple, New Years Day, Jelly Roll, a bunch of others. Only problem, is I've seen them all except Manson and Staind, so that'd be one of the only reasons to go in addition to all the other great bands.

#10409 4 years ago

Manson was nothing to write home about in my opinion. Just a fat old dude cashing in on his past performances.

Toward the end of the show he came out with Rob to sing Helter Skelter and could barely stand.

#10410 4 years ago

I stumbled upon this earlier today and it made me think of this thread. This was one of several times I saw Rob's old band. This one was a heck of a line up!

WhiteZombie95 (resized).pngWhiteZombie95 (resized).png
#10411 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I stumbled upon this earlier today and it made me think of this thread. This was one of several times I saw Rob's old band. This one was a heck of a line up![quoted image]

Awesome!!! $18.50 ticket price!! What do they run now??

#10412 4 years ago

It will probably cost you $35 or so for lawn seats, and $100+ up front.

#10413 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

It will probably cost you $35 or so for lawn seats, and $100+ up front.

That seems cheap!!

#10414 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Such a fun game, great callouts, great music. Just thought I'd share 2 quick photos, 1 with my friend John5 and the other of the backglass signed. The show on this tour is fantastic and a must see.

Hey wasn't I supposed to get one of those back?

#10415 4 years ago

I found another one. This was when they were touring their break-out album, La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Volume One. The Boat House was a pretty legendary venue. It was literally an old boat house on the Norfolk waterfront, with creaky wooden flooring that you could see the water through. Bands really liked it, even though it was a pretty small venue. I saw Nine Inch Nails on the Pretty Hate Machine tour there, PIL, Black Sabbath, and countless others.
WhiteZombie92 (resized).pngWhiteZombie92 (resized).png

3 weeks later
#10416 4 years ago

Sid Haig is such a nice guy. He is great with his fans. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers!

fa69bf8b5b68f54ea93d3f73ce9f1f859ca3b60b.jpeg (resized).jpgfa69bf8b5b68f54ea93d3f73ce9f1f859ca3b60b.jpeg (resized).jpg
#10417 4 years ago

Bummer....couldnt find any report on this.

#10418 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Sid Haig is such a nice guy. He is great with his fans. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers![quoted image]

Quoted from robertmee:

Bummer....couldnt find any report on this.

https://movieweb.com/sid-haig-hospital-accident-3-from-hell/

Seems like no details yet, but damn

1 week later
#10419 4 years ago

Fortunately he seems to be recovering well now.

His accident was a fall, but he ended up getting vomit into his lungs when he slept that needed to be removed.

--------

Otherwise, RZ is being re-visited for some mods.

Have one more small mod to do before release, but here's a bench test clip for the lighting and a photo of the mod in the game (before I wired it up and put backing panels in place). Have had many requests for such a sign since I started modding. Not much room to work with, but the lower portion represents the top of the building and I tried to match the movie as much as possible with the sign geometry and font. Letter sizing is similar to the size of the letters on the other signs in the game.

20190914_215153 (resized).jpg20190914_215153 (resized).jpgflat,1000x1000,075,f.u2 (resized).jpgflat,1000x1000,075,f.u2 (resized).jpg
#10420 4 years ago

I've just put the LDG,and Spine mods on my RZ and they really make this title pop! If you hav'ent got these yet,I really recommend U do ,imho,Thanks Medicinal mods!!!!

#10421 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Have had many requests for such a sign since I started modding.

Put me down for one when they are ready.

#10423 4 years ago

Yeah I’m down for one as well

#10424 4 years ago

Mine is loaded with all your mods. Im going to have to keep it that way Put me on the list

#10425 4 years ago

Of course we want your mods
Magicchiz

#10426 4 years ago

Yep, put me on Chiz's order.

#10428 4 years ago

/\ I appreciate all of the interest thus far. I'll start producing the parts for the Pussy Liquors sign this weekend and hopefully make some progress on the other mod I'd like to offer at the same time I open sales. Everyone on the list thus far will be in the first run and will be contacted when I start accepting orders.

--

--

For those interested in Sid Haig's condition and why he was mostly written out of 3 From Hell, this article is a sad read : https://bloody-disgusting.com/interviews/3584026/rob-zombie-reveals-sad-reason-captain-spaulding-barely-3-hell-interview/?fbclid=IwAR2czdfNZDG-RDn2XqfaQE0VQCiEFzDXDkxV7aTRlHjvv5NSmOcoepRTEso

#10429 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

/\ I appreciate all of the interest thus far. I'll start producing the parts for the Pussy Liquors sign this weekend and hopefully make some progress on the other mod I'd like to offer at the same time I open sales. Everyone on the list thus far will be in the first run and will be contacted when I start accepting orders.
--
--
For those interested in Sid Haig's condition and why he was mostly written out of 3 From Hell, this article is a sad read : https://bloody-disgusting.com/interviews/3584026/rob-zombie-reveals-sad-reason-captain-spaulding-barely-3-hell-interview/?fbclid=IwAR2czdfNZDG-RDn2XqfaQE0VQCiEFzDXDkxV7aTRlHjvv5NSmOcoepRTEso

That is sad....damn getting old sucks.

#10430 4 years ago

put me down as well please.
cheers
Trevor

#10431 4 years ago

RIP Sid Haig.

80 years old and such a sharp mind. We can only hope to be as blessed.

#10432 4 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

RIP Sid Haig.
80 years old and such a sharp mind. We can only hope to be as blessed.

Damn. The depressing and suspenseful lead-up to this (particularly after reading the article I linked above) makes this celebrity death a bigger punch to the chest than most

Got to see him at Spooky Empire in Orlando some years back. Seemed to be a genuinely great guy, and still hilarious in person. His absence will be noticed--he had lots of talent left in him.

#10433 4 years ago

RIP Sid, the nicest "bad guy" you could ever meet

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10434 4 years ago

Put me in for the new signs,please!!! Thanks!!!!

#10435 4 years ago
image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#10438 4 years ago

Spooky Pinball LLC is feeling sad.
1 hr ·
When Spooky had nothing... Sid Haig helped us when he didn't need to. 5 years ago we recorded dialogue in a hotel in Indiana with a guy we only knew from the movies. We ended up just chatting and even had dinner & cheesecake later that night (why is it always cheesecake?!) We've been helping Sid at various shows and trying to pay back the kindness ever since. We made a great friend... more dinners, conversations, a few beverages at the bar here and there, pinball games, and even a little birthday cake just a few months ago followed.

Life is amazing... and fragile, and short.

Goodbye dear friend. Our family was blessed to have crossed paths with you, and even more so to call you friend. No words can cover the sadness at Spooky today. All our best to Sid's family, friends, and fans all over the world.

#10439 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Spooky Pinball LLC is feeling sad.
1 hr ·
When Spooky had nothing... Sid Haig helped us when he didn't need to. 5 years ago we recorded dialogue in a hotel in Indiana with a guy we only knew from the movies. We ended up just chatting and even had dinner & cheesecake later that night (why is it always cheesecake?!) We've been helping Sid at various shows and trying to pay back the kindness ever since. We made a great friend... more dinners, conversations, a few beverages at the bar here and there, pinball games, and even a little birthday cake just a few months ago followed.
Life is amazing... and fragile, and short.
Goodbye dear friend. Our family was blessed to have crossed paths with you, and even more so to call you friend. No words can cover the sadness at Spooky today. All our best to Sid's family, friends, and fans all over the world.

Beautiful reflection KT

#10440 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Beautiful reflection KT

Thanks but that was Charlies post on FB. I just copied it & put it here also. Such a sad day.

#10441 4 years ago

My wife and I were fortunate enough to meet Sid a few times at Comic Con and Horror conventions back when we lived in Southern California.

Really a nice man who seemed genuinely excited and interested in meeting and interacting with fans of his work.
I’m on the road for work at the moment, but when I get home I’ll have my wife dig up some of the photos we’ve taken with him.
I’ll never forget how excited my wife was to walk up to his booth at Comic Con for the first time. This must have been over 10 years ago because we didn’t have kids yet. Sid was really cool and signed a bunch of stuff for us and we hung out for a few minutes chatting. When we were about to part ways my wife asked in a very coy voice if she could get a video with him sayin “fried chicken”. Sid put his arm around my wife with a Captain Spaulding smile and belted out “frrriiied chicken” and then put his hands under his armpits and flapped his arms.
My wife got all giddy like a school girl. The entire show we were talking about what a cool and gracious guy he was. It was the highlight of that show for us.
Met him a few other times at conventions and he was always very cool and gracious.
Travel well brother, you will be missed.

1 week later
#10442 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Fortunately he seems to be recovering well now.
His accident was a fall, but he ended up getting vomit into his lungs when he slept that needed to be removed.
--------
Otherwise, RZ is being re-visited for some mods.
Have one more small mod to do before release, but here's a bench test clip for the lighting and a photo of the mod in the game (before I wired it up and put backing panels in place). Have had many requests for such a sign since I started modding. Not much room to work with, but the lower portion represents the top of the building and I tried to match the movie as much as possible with the sign geometry and font. Letter sizing is similar to the size of the letters on the other signs in the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Will open up orders on these soon.

Lots of parts to print for these, but I finally have enough to satisfy those on the list (to start paint and inner signs this weekend). Each PL sign is 5 printed parts, plus hand cut windows overlaid with printed vinyl and electronics.

As these are rather tedious and time consuming to make (will be harder to justify after initial runs are complete), I'm planning to open the pricing at $99.99 + shipping for the first 5 days (those on the current list are locked into that price). Afterward pricing will increase by $20.

Murder Ride sign will be $34.99 ($5 off if purchased with a Pussy Liquors sign).

I realize many will prefer Tim's Murder Ride sign if they have it, but I wanted to have Murder Ride text for my game. I had debated creating the skull mouth exit from the film, but there wasn't room for that much detail even without text (keeping upper playfield visibility in mind).

I did use that as some inspiration to give a throw to the clown mouth entrances with teeth and went with Captain Spaulding colors for the sign.

Just another option for those that want something a bit different.

I'll have photos with the gas station and PL sign in the background soon.

Currently away from home, but have these prototype images on hand:
20190926_165726 (resized).jpg20190926_165726 (resized).jpg20190926_165833 (resized).jpg20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

#10443 4 years ago

At the Halloween Horror Nights House of 1000 Corpses house:
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg20191004_230221 (resized).jpg

20191004_231821 (resized).jpg20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
#10444 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will open up orders on these soon.
Lots of parts to print for these, but I finally have enough to satisfy those on the list (to start paint and inner signs this weekend). Each PL sign is 5 printed parts, plus hand cut windows overlaid with printed vinyl and electronics.
As these are rather tedious and time consuming to make (will be harder to justify after initial runs are complete), I'm planning to open the pricing at $99.99 + shipping for the first 5 days (those on the current list are locked into that price). Afterward pricing will increase by $20.
Murder Ride sign will be $34.99 ($5 off if purchased with a Pussy Liquors sign).
I realize many will prefer Tim's Murder Ride sign if they have it, but I wanted to have Murder Ride text for my game. I had debated creating the skull mouth exit from the film, but there wasn't room for that much detail even without text (keeping upper playfield visibility in mind).
I did use that as some inspiration to give a throw to the clown mouth entrances with teeth and went with Captain Spaulding colors for the sign.
Just another option for those that want something a bit different.
I'll have photos with the gas station and PL sign in the background soon.
Currently away from home, but have these prototype images on hand:

Awesome.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

At the Halloween Horror Nights House of 1000 Corpses house:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Really friggin awesome.
Post some more pics.

#10445 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Awesome.

Really friggin awesome.
Post some more pics.

Was hoping to get a photo of the Living Dead Girl display on the way out, but the actress was MIA.

--

Otherwise, I'm unable to get any photos that do the mod any justice, but here's a few images for now.

The sign can be seen lit up just fine with a bright setting, yet photos wash out the sign if you can see how bright the rest is, or you can see the sign and everything else looks dark (not so in person).

20191005_221535 (resized).jpg20191005_221535 (resized).jpg20191005_221631 (resized).jpg20191005_221631 (resized).jpg20191005_213729 (resized).jpg20191005_213729 (resized).jpg20191005_221713 (resized).jpg20191005_221713 (resized).jpg20191005_221951 (resized).jpg20191005_221951 (resized).jpg20191005_213740 (resized).jpg20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
#10446 4 years ago

Messages will be going out to everyone on the list later today. For others, the Pinside Shop listing should be open by tonight.

As always, I appreciate all of the interest thus far.

#10447 4 years ago

Thought I would share these.
Sid signed the pictures for my wife at Scare LA back when we lived in California.
The figure he signed at San Diego Comic Con.
Must have been 10+ years ago because it was before we had kids.
I really need to get this stuff framed.

IMG_3856 (resized).jpgIMG_3856 (resized).jpgIMG_3857 (resized).jpgIMG_3857 (resized).jpgIMG_3858 (resized).jpgIMG_3858 (resized).jpg
#10448 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thought I would share these.
Sid signed the pictures for my wife at Scare LA back when we lived in California.
The figure he signed at San Diego Comic Con.
Must have been 10+ years ago because it was before we had kids.
I really need to get this stuff framed.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are awesome!

When I think of the panel I saw at Spooky Empire, the first thing that comes to mind was when Sid was talking about the s#it stains on his underwear in the film--that he wasn't satisfied with the amount of staining, so he took what was being used to color them and went to town (his animated delivery of that fact was much funnier than I could convey in text)

#10449 4 years ago

Will make a thread for these soon, but the sales page is now open for both signs.

Everyone on the list should have received a message earlier today. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02926-rob-zombie-red-hot-pussy-liquors-and-murder-ride-signs

EDIT: Mod thread link-- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-pussy-liquors-and-murder-ride-signs-medisinyl-mods

#10450 4 years ago

Just curious to what people have their Spaulding servo's set to. Mine doesn't seem to be sitting right, and will often cause the ball to get hung up. And when I go into the test menu, if I test the servo to open, it will get to a point where the game just craps out and goes into a reboot cycle and not stop unless power is fully shut off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Johnson City, TN
$ 20.00
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.