2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 223.
#10351 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

You deserve an answer. I was the same way asking about finished code, the promised infection mode reversed flippers, etc. I came to the conclusion that Spooky doesnt really care anymore about RZ which is unfortunate. I still love the work that spooky is doing, but am disappointed nonetheless. I gave up asking anymore.

While the mod goes on a spooky game and developed by a spooky software engineer, its not officially a spooky option or OEM. They have nothing to do with this mod from my understanding.

#10352 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

While the mod goes on a spooky game and developed by a spooky software engineer, its not officially a spooky option or OEM. They have nothing to do with this mod from my understanding.

You are 100% correct. I’m not calling out Spooky at all. I also don’t want to sound like a dick either but I feel that some communication on this mods status is warranted.

I know that Fawzma was the sole coder for a very long time. I know through the multiple changes in ACNC that he coded that game no less than 3 times across different board sets. So he was super busy and also has a family and desires to do other things in his spare time besides code a mod. I’d just like to get a status update on where he sees this going if anywhere at all.

As stated before I have no skin in this game as I haven’t purchased the mod. I really really want to if/when it gets completed.

#10353 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

As stated before I have no skin in this game as I haven’t purchased the mod.

The problem is that there are several of us that DID buy the mod under *to this point* false pretenses regarding future functionality. This doesn't involve Spooky, but it does involve Fawzma. Yes, the whole situation could certainly be filed under "buy it for what it is, not what it might become," but that doesn't take the sting out of it. The fact that there has been complete radio silence on mod updates for I don't even know how long. At this point it's speaking volumes regarding the prospects of it ever turning into what was promised.

#10354 4 years ago

Did Spooky release the notes on the last update? If memory serves they were due and then Charlie hinted another update would fix rest of the bugs. I don’t know where that stands either. Maybe Charlie can give a state of the Spooky and address some of the questions left on RZ. Can we get a secret Spaulding mode? Etc.

#10355 4 years ago

Do not bring Spooky into this.. this was my project.

No more mods are being made and haven't been made/sold in the past 2 years.

There is a bug in RZ that needs to be fixed, nothing major. At that time I'll revisit adding other mode items that came out after the mod came out.

#10356 4 years ago

Joined the club today. #166 and even though i’m second owner, i had the pleasure of unboxing it

Started a new row and is sitting next to my TNA. With ACNC coming in next it’s getting pretty Spooky in the basement.

So other than updating code, changing it to adult settings (done) and getting killed by the right outlane (lol) - are there any must-do’s for RZ? I don’t mean mods per se, more things everyone has already discovered that are important maintenance or playing wise. I haven’t had time to read through the 208 pages of this thread yet .

So far i love this game. Adult call outs crack me up. I think he swears almost as much as me. And the art and sound package is just awesome.

29810D4F-E648-4A6A-B19D-F6A3F2314336 (resized).jpeg29810D4F-E648-4A6A-B19D-F6A3F2314336 (resized).jpeg
#10357 4 years ago

I would say just maybe get yourself some UV lighting as that game is very dark and it will help out a lot.

I’ve had my game for 2 years now and all I’ve done is change rubbers and wax. I had one switch go bad but other than that it’s been rock solid!

#10358 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Joined the club today. #166 and even though i’m second owner, i had the pleasure of unboxing it
Started a new row and is sitting next to my TNA. With ACNC coming in next it’s getting pretty Spooky in the basement.
So other than updating code, changing it to adult settings (done) and getting killed by the right outlane (lol) - are there any must-do’s for RZ? I don’t mean mods per se, more things everyone has already discovered that are important maintenance or playing wise. I haven’t had time to read through the 208 pages of this thread yet .
So far i love this game. Adult call outs crack me up. I think he swears almost as much as me. And the art and sound package is just awesome.[quoted image]

Looking good. If the game doesn’t already have the shooter lane ball stopper mod, you’ll want to order ASAP. It keeps the ball in the shooter lane and prevents it falling inside the cabinet. It’s the best $5 you’ll spend.

Congrats on the new addition. Is TNA backbox really that much lower than RZ? Looks like top of beacon on TNA is even with height of backbox on RZ.

#10359 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looking good. If the game doesn’t already have the shooter lane ball stopper mod, you’ll want to order ASAP. It keeps the ball in the shooter lane and prevents it falling inside the cabinet.

If someone with a 3d printer wants to print the mod for themselves, I'm willing to send the file and instructions at no charge (I've often thrown the ball stop in for free with other RZ orders). Can just PM with an email to send it to.

#10360 4 years ago

Ball stop is critical. Also pinstadiums with UV flasher is perfect for this game. Allows you to adjust the light needed for your game location. This is the only game in my collection that has them. Huge difference.

#10361 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

If someone with a 3d printer wants to print the mod for themselves, I'm willing to send the file and instructions at no charge (I've often thrown the ball stop in for free with other RZ orders). Can just PM with an email to send it to.

Very cool of you to offer this.
I can vouch that he sent me one free when I ordered a couple other mods.
Wish I could give you another thumbs up.
Cheers

#10362 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Ball stop is critical. Also pinstadiums with UV flasher is perfect for this game. Allows you to adjust the light needed for your game location. This is the only game in my collection that has them. Huge difference.

Different tastes, but think pinstadiums ruin it personally.

#10363 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Different tastes, but think pinstadiums ruin it personally.

Agreed. It's a dark and creepy themed pin and I think the stock lighting serves it well.

#10364 4 years ago

I had Charlie install the factory lighting upgrades and have never felt the need to add anything beyond that.

#10365 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I had Charlie install the factory lighting upgrades and have never felt the need to add anything beyond that.

Are you talking about the lighted toys and the insert led upgrades? These were the only factory upgrades that I recall.

I basically play all the time in a dark room and that pin is super dark without the pin stadiums or another UV kit.

#10366 4 years ago

These were the factory options for RZ:

Ghost Buster Premium LED Upgrade light kit
5 Piece Plastic Protector Kit
Set of 3 light up toys (from Matt at Back Alley Creations, but installed by Spooky)

I also had them install a traditional knocker, drop shipped to them from Pinball Life.

#10367 4 years ago

It's a dark theme. It's appropriate that the lighting is as well.

#10368 4 years ago

Glad to see theres some activity in this thread.
My wife and I really love this machine, it's such a different game than anything we have in our collection.
It's fast as hell and unforgiving at times, but I think that bodes well with the theme.

#10369 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Glad to see theres some activity in this thread.
My wife and I really love this machine, it's such a different game than anything we have in our collection.
It's fast as hell and unforgiving at times, but I think that bodes well with the theme.

Agree this thread has been dead for quite sometime. Might see a little more life when “3 From Hell” is released. It would be awesome if some other great movie quotes could be incorporated from that.

#10370 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

It's a dark theme. It's appropriate that the lighting is as well.

Totally disagree. If you mean don't blow it out with over-the-top PinStadium brightness, I agree 100%. This game should not be a beacon! But stock, I can barely see the ball in a dark basement. This is the only game I have PinStadiums on and it's dialed in at a slightly red-tinted low level that lights the playfield, doesn't blow out the native colors, and retains the "dark" theme. I think these (or other comparable DIY lighting) are mandatory on this game.

#10371 4 years ago

I play in a dark room with just a 40W desk lamp maybe 12 feet away from the pin. It's dark, but I can see to play just fine. My other games are all early SS pins with incandescents, so maybe I'm just used to dimmer games. In comparison, the LEDs in RZ seem downright bright!

I say light it to taste and play more RZ!

#10372 4 years ago

Same here. I have the brightness set to about 30%. Red % level to tie in with the dark theme but ability to see the amazing artwork. Everyone who has played it thought it was a huge difference and liked seeing things they didn't even notice without them.

#10373 4 years ago

If only it had a mini wizard mode I could actually get to. My chances of getting to hell bound are virtually zero.

I got close with only needing to complete two modes once with the game set on 5 ball

#10374 4 years ago

I have mine set at 30%

1A871351-2495-487D-8EA8-5ACA0BA91AEF (resized).JPG1A871351-2495-487D-8EA8-5ACA0BA91AEF (resized).JPG
#10375 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I have mine set at 30%[quoted image]

If left is stock, right is perfect.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10376 4 years ago

Just picked this up 3 weeks ago. Before and after I fixed the lights that someone before put on that we’re not working.

0F7FCB3E-D642-4AE3-B4C3-8192714D4CDA (resized).jpeg0F7FCB3E-D642-4AE3-B4C3-8192714D4CDA (resized).jpegF6B8E607-17C5-48AD-B696-18FA2AFA43B2 (resized).jpegF6B8E607-17C5-48AD-B696-18FA2AFA43B2 (resized).jpeg
#10377 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looking good. If the game doesn’t already have the shooter lane ball stopper mod, you’ll want to order ASAP. It keeps the ball in the shooter lane and prevents it falling inside the cabinet. It’s the best $5 you’ll spend.
Congrats on the new addition. Is TNA backbox really that much lower than RZ? Looks like top of beacon on TNA is even with height of backbox on RZ.

Ball stopper mod ordered - thanks for that tip.

Yeah TNA is def much lower. Both games are about the same height at the lockdown bar ( i generally set front legs right down on the leveler nuts. Both pfs are set to the same pitch.

As for GI i don’t mind the stock lighting. I know the game was ordered with the plastic protectors. Not sure what the upgraded lighting for the three toys are - like my fried chicken is lit but Captain Spaulding isnt as far as a can tell. Speaking of which i don’t think im registering any hits up there. Either my upper flipper isnt hitting the ball hard to move him enough, or a switch needs adjustment. I’ll dig into that next.

No shaker installed. Or knocker which i added to my TNA. Call me crazy but a real knocker in a pin i like lol.

#10378 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Not sure what the upgraded lighting for the three toys are

Robot eyes, boom box speakers, and chicken bucket.

#10379 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Robot eyes, boom box speakers, and chicken bucket.

Ah ok - then yes those all light up then. Cool!

#10380 4 years ago

Captain Spaulding optos are fine. I think it was just in a mode where the upper pf switches were not meant to do anything. dragula i think it was. Still lots to learn about this game but i can’t remember the last time i had the same urge to shoot again - I don’t know how anyone can dislike this game

#10381 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I don’t know how anyone can dislike this game

It's funny, I know exactly what you mean.
For some reason this game gets dogged on by some people.

I friggin love it.
The art package is amazing.
The animation is great (especially considering its a DMD).
The sound quality is top notch.
The callouts are some of my favorites in pinball.
It plays fast as hell and theres definitely an element of chaos to it where it can be hard to gain control of the ball.

I really like it and it adds a variety in gameplay that is really quite different than anything else I own.
I suppose it helps that I'm a fan of Rob Zombies music and films and this incorporates both.

#10382 4 years ago

Have an extra set of flipper rubbers handy. Mine has red silicone ones (Titan or pinball life). Plays great but the tips rip up quickly. You can take off and turn a few times. But having a spare set is good. RZ is still a party favorite at my house. One game my wife plays and would be mad if I ever sold.
I did make my own speaker light mod as I didn’t care for the square ones. I’ll take a picture later.

#10383 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It's funny, I know exactly what you mean.
For some reason this game gets dogged on by some people.
I friggin love it.
The art package is amazing.
The animation is great (especially considering its a DMD).
The sound quality is top notch.
The callouts are some of my favorites in pinball.
It plays fast as hell and theres definitely an element of chaos to it where it can be hard to gain control of the ball.
I really like it and it adds a variety in gameplay that is really quite different than anything else I own.
I suppose it helps that I'm a fan of Rob Zombies music and films and this incorporates both.

I agree with you 100%!!!!
I love the machine as do all the guests I have over to my game room.

#10384 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I was the same way asking about finished code, the promised infection mode reversed flippers

The code is complete all the way through wizard mode, and a ton of goodness was added in a massive Spooky / Ben Heck 2 week spree before the final release.

There is 1 bug we are aware of that needs squashing. That will happen.

Infected mode is in the game the best it can be... we tried everything to make it work as originally described but it wasn't consistent and kept popping fuses. We have to lean towards function vs. fun sometimes. Just the way it is.

Regardless, we're proud of the way the code & game came out.

#10385 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The code is complete all the way through wizard mode, and a ton of goodness was added in a massive Spooky / Ben Heck 2 week spree before the final release.
There is 1 bug we are aware of that needs squashing. That will happen.
Infected mode is in the game the best it can be... we tried everything to make it work as originally described but it wasn't consistent and kept popping fuses. We have to lean towards function vs. fun sometimes. Just the way it is.
Regardless, we're proud of the way the code & game came out.

It's a solid game. I can't get anywhere near wizard mode. Maybe I can beat 3 modes in 1 game.

#10386 4 years ago

hardest thing about getting to hell bound for me is figuring out where to put the glass so it doesn’t accidentally break while you’re completion the objectives.

#10387 4 years ago

Love this game!
IMG_1372 (resized).JPGIMG_1372 (resized).JPG
IMG_1902 (resized).JPGIMG_1902 (resized).JPG
IMG_1367 (resized).JPGIMG_1367 (resized).JPG
IMG_1903 (resized).JPGIMG_1903 (resized).JPG

#10388 4 years ago

Love this game!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where does one get those speaker covers?
Those look awesome.

#10389 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Where does one get those speaker covers?
Those look awesome.

KIMBALLS PINBALLS

#10390 4 years ago

KIMBALLS PINBALLS

Awesome, thanks.

#10391 4 years ago

Love this game!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

where did you purchase the flipper decals and the plunger plate decal?

cheers
Trevor

#10392 4 years ago

So what is everyone’s grand champ score are on their machine? Mine is only 49!million which I’m sure is quite a low GC.

#10393 4 years ago

Such a fun game, great callouts, great music. Just thought I'd share 2 quick photos, 1 with my friend John5 and the other of the backglass signed. The show on this tour is fantastic and a must see.

20190810_133945 (resized).jpg20190810_133945 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1563820437393 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1563820437393 (resized).jpg
#10394 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So what is everyone’s grand champ score are on their machine? Mine is only 49!million which I’m sure is quite a low GC.

Here’s some.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/rob-zombies-spookshow-international/scores

rd

#10395 4 years ago

I have bought and sold over 90 game in my collecting days and I have to say this game is going to be in my collection for a very long time. I can’t stop playing it.

#10396 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Such a fun game, great callouts, great music. Just thought I'd share 2 quick photos, 1 with my friend John5 and the other of the backglass signed. The show on this tour is fantastic and a must see.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m Going to the Rob Zombie show tomorrow night. I’d love to get my backglass signed by him if it were possible.

#10397 4 years ago

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Rob in concert? I've seen him 3 different times and was underwhelmed each time. I love his music, but something about the show didn't grab me. It's a visual production for sure, but neither my wife nor I came away thinking they were "good" shows.

#10398 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Rob in concert? I've seen him 3 different times and was underwhelmed each time. I love his music, but something about the show didn't grab me. It's a visual production for sure, but neither my wife nor I came away thinking they were "good" shows.

This will be my second time seeing him tonight and I had a blast during the first one.

#10399 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

We saw him at a music festival and he was one of the highlights for us even though his voice was fading. He admitted he was hoarse.

#10400 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have bought and sold over 90 game in my collecting days and I have to say this game is going to be in my collection for a very long time. I can’t stop playing it.

Zombie seems to be one of the more “polar” games out there... folks love it or hate it! mark me for LOVE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/208?hl=sulakd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.