IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 223.
#10301 5 years ago

Also for those of you wondering what’s displayed on the lcd apron. We have a couple videos of that in that same playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKBzlsEWMlPJsmrqDjHUDZcRSAoVmrG45

#10302 5 years ago

Still wondering where to purchase the LCD screen mod...?

#10303 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Still wondering where to purchase the LCD screen mod...?

Frankly, I wouldn't at this point. I did and I regret it completely. It sure feels like the project has been abandoned. I know he *said* he would add more to it, but that feels like a million years ago at this point, and given how swamped he appears to be with Spooky coding, when would it realistically happen?

Maybe more purchasers would put more pressure / incentive to expand it, and I should stay quiet or encourage people to buy it. But I can't in good conscience do that. If you've seen videos of the functionality and like it as is, then by all means go for it. If you are buying based on the potential / prior promises of what it will become, I would encourage you to keep your money.

#10304 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Frankly, I wouldn't at this point. I did and I regret it completely. It sure feels like the project has been abandoned. I know he *said* he would add more to it, but that feels like a million years ago at this point, and given how swamped he appears to be with Spooky coding, when would it realistically happen?
Maybe more purchasers would put more pressure / incentive to expand it, and I should stay quiet or encourage people to buy it. But I can't in good conscience do that. If you've seen videos of the functionality and like it as is, then by all means go for it. If you are buying based on the potential / prior promises of what it will become, I would encourage you to keep your money.

I feel bad for those of you who did buy it. It really sounded like he had big visions for it and it would be awesome if it got fully fleshed out as I feel it would add even more to the game but $350 for so little functionality just isn’t worth it. I’m hoping it gets coded fully because I would love to buy one then.

#10305 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Who is the "he"? Still not sure where a person could actually look at the website to purchase or who sells it.

#10306 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Who is the "he"? Still not sure where a person could actually look at the website to purchase or who sells it.

http://www.fawzma.com/

Fawzma is Spooky’s programmer and the developer of the mod. It’s a side project for him that he was doing in his spare time.

I would reach out through his website if you would like more info.

#10307 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If your not satisfied and DrMark12PA wants one. Why not sell your mod? Boom both end up satisfied.

2 weeks later
#10308 5 years ago

Had a friend over last night and figured out why I get so many rejects from the mode start vuk. The ball is hitting the bottom of the vertical upkicker wireform when you make a solid shot to the left orbit aka mode start shot.

How to resolve?
Options:
Move the ramp closer to the vuk, ball should clear the wireform before hitting and thus not bounce back out.
Sand or use acetone fumes to melt the ramp and smooth it out. Could be hitting a bump and getting airborne.
Reposition the wireform so that it is higher, least favorite option, but an option.

Also, a note for spooky. Throw away your double sided tape. I get that it was a cheaper way to put the game together, but it does not make for a serviceable machine. For those that do not know, the rails have one bolt near the lockdown bar, rear of the rails are drilled for a bolt, but it was not installed, instead they used double sided tape. The le's have less of this tape due to the rob zombie cutouts, which btw the colors you see through the rail are a piece of paper taped to the back of the rail. The ballguide for the left orbit has screw holes but uses double sided tape tape. The ramp for the mode start some are just double sided tape, mine has a screw and double sided tape. Comparing AMH to RZ it is obvious lessons were learned, but would love to get my hands on a acnc or tna and see if they finally moved away from this cost cutting measure.

3 weeks later
#10309 5 years ago

The thread has been dead for awhile now. Anyone discovered any cool new details in the latest code?

Was pondering upgrading some of the playfield insert LEDs. Has anyone done this? If so what type did you use and did you get the improvement you were looking for?

Also, here’s to hoping Fawzma gets back to coding the apron mod soon. Such a cool idea and I’d love to pop one on my game once complete.

2 weeks later
#10310 4 years ago

It’s time to order new rings and was wondering if anyone has out on other colors such as red or clear rings and wouldn’t mind posting up some pictures.

1 week later
#10311 4 years ago

Hello,new owner here,wanting to know if there are side art blades available for this pin?? Also,I didn't receive a manual when I got the pin.Owner said he didn't get one either.Are they also available to buy!! Fun pin,I'm very happy!! Thanks for reading,peace!!!!

#10312 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,new owner here,wanting to know if there are side art blades available for this pin?? Also,I didn't receive a manual when I got the pin.Owner said he didn't get one either.Are they also available to buy!! Fun pin,I'm very happy!! Thanks for reading,peace!!!!

Congrats on the new pin. Manuals weren’t included and aren’t for sale to my knowledge. All resources can be found on Spooky’s website

#10313 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

wanting to know if there are side art blades available for this pin?

Tilt Graphics makes a nice set of side art blades. I have them in my machine and they look great.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/rob-zombie

3 weeks later
#10314 4 years ago

Selling my LE with extras for 4600.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69804

1 month later
#10315 4 years ago

Really miss seeing this thread pop up with new comments. As of late I’ve been playing my game a bunch and having a blast with it.

With Spooky having yet to post the full V24 changelog I’m hopeful they might have one more surprise code update down the line.

Potentially with “3 From Hell” coming out later this year some awesome quotes might be able to be had and someone smarter than me implement them into the game.

Also still hopeful one day the apron mod will be revisited and fully coded. I’d love to have one.

#10316 4 years ago

I've had a lot of trouble keeping the center ramp switch from snapping. The ball slams into the thing pretty hard so it seems inevitable that it would, but given my game is HUO and I don't play it constantly, it seems like they should last a bit longer. When I first got the game and each time I've replaced the switch I always find I have to bend it to get it more in the path of the ball and to get it to fit through the slot in the ramp and move freely. I suspect that bending it is what's causing it to take so much abuse, but if I don't it's really hard to get it to register hits.

Does anybody else have this problem? Any recommendations?

#10317 4 years ago

I haven’t bent that switch in particular. I did bend the switch the is behind the living dead girl targets in that horseshoe style shot and promptly broke it within a few games.

Typically my ramp switch works all the time with exception of a slow roller then it’s 50/50 if it registers.

#10318 4 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

I've had a lot of trouble keeping the center ramp switch from snapping. The ball slams into the thing pretty hard so it seems inevitable that it would, but given my game is HUO and I don't play it constantly, it seems like they should last a bit longer. When I first got the game and each time I've replaced the switch I always find I have to bend it to get it more in the path of the ball and to get it to fit through the slot in the ramp and move freely. I suspect that bending it is what's causing it to take so much abuse, but if I don't it's really hard to get it to register hits.
Does anybody else have this problem? Any recommendations?

I've been progressively switching out the old, unresponsive or problematic switches to the rounded Sega style I used on the Spine mod, and that resolved issues I was having.

I've never had an issue with the center ramp switch, so it's still the same.

Quoted from davijc02:

Really miss seeing this thread pop up with new comments. As of late I’ve been playing my game a bunch and having a blast with it.
With Spooky having yet to post the full V24 changelog I’m hopeful they might have one more surprise code update down the line.
Potentially with “3 From Hell” coming out later this year some awesome quotes might be able to be had and someone smarter than me implement them into the game.
Also still hopeful one day the apron mod will be revisited and fully coded. I’d love to have one.

I had hoped there would be a code update worthy/motivating enough of some deeper audio update work that I had intended to do for at least my game. At this point I'm no longer anticipating the game getting the advancements hinted at earlier on, and I know it isn't in Spooky's best interest to pursue.

I wonder if they could at least add co-op modes as they are in ACNC. That would help a lot. While I still have some ideas to mod my RZ with, it doesn't get much love these days with guests, so my motivation is reduced. ACNC however has done a complete 180 on guests showing up to play pinball (hadn't really had any friends care about pinball in over two years). IMDN has been a complete dud for guests. Co-op teams update on ACNC is tons of fun with 4 people.

I've often considered selling my apron mod.

#10319 4 years ago

@medisinyl

I was emailing back and forth with Charlie the other day and I brought up co-op mode for RZ and that doesn’t seem to be on the table. Apparently it’s a huge pain to work out code wise.

I think we will probably get one more update to squash a couple bugs and polish out the audio and mix in some of the other quotes that are available just not used.

Hoping maybe a couple code surprises happen when/if they do an update.

While I haven’t ordered any of your mods yet I do plan to. I was on the fence about selling/trading the game but for some reason I started playing more and really enjoying it. So I think I’m now willing to spend some money to further enhance the look.

Please find the motivation to do another one of your mods for this game because they are awesome.

The biggest push that I would like to see happen is the apron mod get fully coded. I luckily held off on buying when when first announced due to me wanting to see what it would become. Turns out holding off was the right call.

#10320 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I wonder if they could at least add co-op modes as they are in ACNC.

Quoted from davijc02:

Apparently it’s a huge pain to work out code wise.

This was easy to add to TNA and ACNC because they run on proc. This is a feature the P3 introduced and remained easy to add in these other games using that boardset. Since RZ uses the Ben Heck board, it wouldn't be the same trying to implement it.

I still love my RZ. But since it's one of my favorite themes, I really wish it had been the first Spooky proc game instead of the last Ben Heck game.

#10321 4 years ago

PROC would have been awesome for this game indeed!

#10322 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This was easy to add to TNA and ACNC because they run on proc. This is a feature the P3 introduced and remained easy to add in these other games using that boardset. Since RZ uses the Ben Heck board, it wouldn't be the same trying to implement it.

Umm.... WHAT? P-ROC is about how a computer interfaces with hardware components like switches, coils, and lights... it has nothing to do with game-centric rules like co-op. I can assure you that the P-ROC system knows nothing about ACNC monsters or TNA reactors.

#10323 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Umm.... WHAT? P-ROC is about how a computer interfaces with hardware components like switches, coils, and lights... it has nothing to do with game-centric rules like co-op. I can assure you that the P-ROC system knows nothing about ACNC monsters or TNA reactors.

Well, during the timeframe that TNA was expecting to receive the feature, someone from Spooky said it could be added easier because of being P-ROC. I'm just going off what I was told. Is it because there are some pre-existing code libraries or something? All Multimorphic and Spooky games with P-ROC have co-op mode.

#10324 4 years ago

I wouldn’t worry about the switch until it breaks. They can take a beating.

I’m sure you will have to ask scott how “easy” it was to program co-op mode. I’m guessing it was a lot of work. And the code can be partially reused in acnc. Yes both are p3-roc / pc based systems. As where RZ is heck board based. Both logic processing and drivers all on one board. Therefore the frame work had to be written by Ben to accommodate the few games that used the board. P roc and skeleton has a framework deleloped by the community and used in multiple machines. Homebrew and production. Therefore it’s much easier to add in because of the more robust framework.

#10325 4 years ago

Hoping the apron mod gets significant updates at some point. However its looking like ghostbusters stands a better chance of getting an update.

1 week later
#10326 4 years ago

Haven't read through the entire thread (yet).
Anybody got a link or know where I can get decals for the targets?
Thanks
Kent

#10327 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Haven't read through the entire thread (yet).
Anybody got a link or know where I can get decals for the targets?
Thanks
Kent

Think I bought mine on eBay

#10328 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Think I bought mine on eBay

Thanks man.
Ordered it last night.

1 week later
#10329 4 years ago

Just got RZ on Sunday. Been wanting it for a long time. The green on the play field is from the topper.

EFAA7CF4-2C8E-4134-8CEF-29D2F909EF9D (resized).jpegEFAA7CF4-2C8E-4134-8CEF-29D2F909EF9D (resized).jpeg
#10330 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Just got RZ on Sunday. Been wanting it for a long time. The green on the play field is from the topper.[quoted image]

Nice man - I love mine.... adult settings only!

#10331 4 years ago

Hi all, the switch in my VUK doesn't seem to register anymore. It had intermittent problems and then about a week ago it stopped registering entirely. Same in test mode.

Any suggestions on how to debug this issue? I vaguely remember this being a problem for some others, but this thread is a monster and searches haven't helped me.

#10332 4 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

Hi all, the switch in my VUK doesn't seem to register anymore. It had intermittent problems and then about a week ago it stopped registering entirely. Same in test mode.
Any suggestions on how to debug this issue? I vaguely remember this being a problem for some others, but this thread is a monster and searches haven't helped me.

There's a switch under the upper playfield that can get hit by the ball near the murder ride...if the pins are touching, it can cause several issues, and I believe the VUK is one of them.

I had to pull those pins apart and insulate them (didn't replace the switch), and things were fine again.

#10333 4 years ago

I think we need to start a movement for the apron mod to be finished. Anyone with me?

#10334 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I think we need to start a movement for the apron mod to be finished. Anyone with me?

Absolutely. So much potential and promised features that seem to be abandoned.

#10335 4 years ago

I don’t even have one on my game but I’ve been excited about it since he announced it.

I’ve sent Fawzma messages via pinside and Facebook asking about it but never receive a response.

#10336 4 years ago

Biggest waste of money I spent on a mod. So much potential and promises. I love my RZ but wish this was more .

#10337 4 years ago

Not exactly Rob Zombie but part of the group... New vid by John5

#10338 4 years ago

Was the apron mod aftermarket, or offered as an option from,Spooky?

#10339 4 years ago

Aftermarket, but made by Spooky’s RZ (and current) programmer, Fawzma.

#10340 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Aftermarket, but made by Spooky’s RZ (and current) programmer, Fawzma.

Thanks for the clarification, figured Spooky always stood by their games. Doesn't seem to be an OEM issue. I would hit up the aftermarket seller for resolution.

#10341 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Biggest waste of money I spent on a mod. So much potential and promises. I love my RZ but wish this was more .

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This can play video just fine. What I can't do is include any with the mod. We had the Alice Copper pin trailer playing at MGC on this.
There is more to this mod that just seeing your score/ball, just gotta be patient. New video mode types.. head to head.. sensors..

Guess we just "gotta be patient" Can't say I'm not disappointed, but I realize this has nothing to do with Spooky.

Somewhere we were assured development would continue, but I believe that was a ways back. Wouldn't mind a status update one way or the other, but I'm sure Fawzma has been busy.

#10342 4 years ago

Time to step onto the carpet fawzma and give the status update.

#10343 4 years ago

Put the Gas Station Pumps with LED Awning as well as the Living Dead Girl Mausoleum mod by Medisinyl Mods in today.
These things look sick and really fill out the game in great way.
Really stoked about these, thanks Greg.
The Mausoleum mod looks friggin fantastic and may be one of my all time favorite mods.

IMG_3550 (resized).jpgIMG_3550 (resized).jpgIMG_3549 (resized).jpgIMG_3549 (resized).jpgIMG_3548 (resized).jpgIMG_3548 (resized).jpg
#10344 4 years ago

Had my RZ for 3 weeks and we are loving it. This game rocks.

#10345 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Put the Gas Station Pumps with LED Awning as well as the Living Dead Girl Mausoleum mod by Medisinyl Mods in today.
These things look sick and really fill out the game in great way.
Really stoked about these, thanks Greg.
The Mausoleum mod looks friggin fantastic and may be one of my all time favorite mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And I'm "stoked" to see a fellow RZ owner happy with my mods

For those that may be interested to know, this mod is in over 20% of all RZ games, but this is currently the only RED one I'm partial to the Pink as it ties in with the mode inserts (and is a bit brighter I believe), but this photo with all of the red lighting looks great! (killer?)

#10346 4 years ago

Have my RZ up for sale if anyone is looking.

#10347 4 years ago

"Three From Hell" is being released September 16-18 with a special three-day screening event. I don't know why they are only releasing it for 3 days other than let the it run like an ordinary movie. I'm sure it will go to "on demand" shortly after which is how we'll watch it. Whatever... RZ does what he does even if it doesn't make sense. I just hope its a decent bookend to the trilogy.

#10348 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

"Three From Hell" is being released September 16-18 with a special three-day screening event. I don't know why they are only releasing it for 3 days other than let the it run like an ordinary movie. I'm sure it will go to "on demand" shortly after which is how we'll watch it. Whatever... RZ does what he does even if it doesn't make sense. I just hope its a decent bookend to the trilogy.

My wife and I saw him perform here last year and they were showing some teasers midway through the show.
Looking forward to seeing it.

#10349 4 years ago

I’m hoping it has some good quotes that can be clipped and used in the game.

Also hoping from a status update in the apron mod from fawzma.

I’m starting to sound like the stern Star Wars topper guy in all my posts and I don’t care.

#10350 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I’m hoping it has some good quotes that can be clipped and used in the game.
Also hoping from a status update in the apron mod from fawzma.
I’m starting to sound like the stern Star Wars topper guy in all my posts and I don’t care.

You deserve an answer. I was the same way asking about finished code, the promised infection mode reversed flippers, etc. I came to the conclusion that Spooky doesnt really care anymore about RZ which is unfortunate. I still love the work that spooky is doing, but am disappointed nonetheless. I gave up asking anymore.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/207?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.