2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 223.
#10251 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Wth does any of this have to do with a code update? You lost money on a boutique pinball and are upset about resale of a game that came out years ago after 20 or so new entrants came to “market”? Play the games man!

I play my games lots. I’m not upset about amh price, simply stating a fact that as the tide turned on rz Amh prices dropped at least 1k.

I expected to lose a bit on rz as I paid taxes and shipping but I’m going to lose 3-4K when I resell and this will seriously make me choose my nib purchases more carefully in the future.

I’ve always enjoyed playing my rz and still do but i can’t help but feel burnt watching the prices plummet. That being said I would happily pay 4K for a huo one like many have.

Just hate being the bag holder.

#10252 5 years ago

I installed V24. I played a few games and notice no difference from V23 Beta that's been out for a long time.

#10253 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I play my games lots. I’m not upset about amh price, simply stating a fact that as the tide turned on rz Amh prices dropped at least 1k.
I expected to lose a bit on rz as I paid taxes and shipping but I’m going to lose 3-4K when I resell and this will seriously make me choose my nib purchases more carefully in the future.
I’ve always enjoyed playing my rz and still do but i can’t help but feel burnt watching the prices plummet. That being said I would happily pay 4K for a huo one like many have.
Just hate being the bag holder.

Fair enough, i can see your point.

#10254 5 years ago

No offense to anyone that currently has RZ in their collection - to sell mine, it was the deepest price cut I ever did. I've never seen prices so low on a game that was out for only 2 years.

#10255 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I've never seen prices so low on a game that was out for only 2 years.

You must not have been following Hobbit sales ...

Just the first few pages of Pinside archives. A new LE is $8500. To sell one quickly today, it needs to be around $6k. There have been some routed ones in the 5s.

I’m not picking on Hobbit, I’m just pointing out that 7/10 pins lose money on sale, and Hobbit is the glaring example of that.

In NZ, you throw away $1000s on any used NIB purchase. New Woz and hobbits were $14,000, they’ve sold around the $10k mark. Same with GOT and SW Premiums, they were $12,500 new, they’re going for $10k used.

rd
3E6152DF-E4EF-47CB-B596-0B1CF466238E (resized).png3E6152DF-E4EF-47CB-B596-0B1CF466238E (resized).png434E19BF-895D-4804-B669-4AEEBB44D076 (resized).png434E19BF-895D-4804-B669-4AEEBB44D076 (resized).png8FACB692-4BDA-4EE6-8224-0EADE1324030 (resized).png8FACB692-4BDA-4EE6-8224-0EADE1324030 (resized).png

#10256 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

No offense to anyone that currently has RZ in their collection - to sell mine, it was the deepest price cut I ever did. I've never seen prices so low on a game that was out for only 2 years.

I bought a second one to steal options that mine didn't have and then sold it for a small profit. A month ago I sold my LE loaded and the loss was equal to what I gained on the other one. So overall RZ and I are even including tax.

#10257 5 years ago

You guys seem to be forgetting WWE LE.

Some went for well under $5k.

#10258 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You guys seem to be forgetting WWE LE

I think everyone is trying to forget that one.

rd

#10259 5 years ago

Even the latest and greatest are selling at a deal. I saw one of these for $4600 USD last week.

rd

B0ED5B2E-9176-45E4-A7D4-8410C5ABFCE7 (resized).pngB0ED5B2E-9176-45E4-A7D4-8410C5ABFCE7 (resized).png
#10260 5 years ago

It's interesting to me to see everyone speculating on the price. Because I tend to do the same thing. But this is one I'm keeping for a long time. I love the chop save, I like how easy and brutal the game is at the same time. I like the adult nature of it. I like that it is a machine that took a lot of risks. Charlie got to throw his hat in to the pinball design. Fawzma went from app developer to pinball code. Ben Heck, a person I admire and watched on YT designed the board. And probably most importantly, as a teen in the 90's I loved the music. This game was made for me, not many others, and that's fine. There were only 300 afterall.

#10261 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Fixed - A save/drain condition could happen at the same time, confusing the game.

Excited about this. This bug has been a thorn in my side for a long time. Other than that, we have a blast playing this game. It's fun and brutal with some hard shots that are makeable with practice. I plan on keeping this game for a long time. I think it's my kids' favorite game too.

#10262 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You must not have been following Hobbit sales ...
Just the first few pages of Pinside archives. A new LE is $8500. To sell one quickly today, it needs to be around $6k. There have been some routed ones in the 5s.
I’m not picking on Hobbit, I’m just pointing out that 7/10 pins lose money on sale, and Hobbit is the glaring example of that.
In NZ, you throw away $1000s on any used NIB purchase. New Woz and hobbits were $14,000, they’ve sold around the $10k mark. Same with GOT and SW Premiums, they were $12,500 new, they’re going for $10k used.
rd

Its not just hobbits. I am waiting to hear about a houdini that I put an off in on. Those are dying on the vine it seems. Ghosbusters does not seem to be doing so hot either at the moment as well. Then there is the jjp pirates that is down to 9k in the market. Its all new games, it is almost like the market came back to reality and stopped paying new prices for used machines.

#10263 5 years ago

Well folks I had my first failure since purchasing the game over 2 years ago:

Pop bumper stopped firing but the game was registering hits to it. Lifted up the playfield and found a wire had broken off the coil. Took me a whole 5 minutes to fix.

#10264 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

None of you are listening still.
Because you want something, that does not make it so.
They have limited resources. That's a fact. They would be mad to divert attention from ACNC to Rob Zombie, and much less Jetsons at this moment.
Of course it would be better if they had more coders. But they don't.
You're also pretending that RZ hasn't been updated, when it's had a mass of updates since its release. I've no particular desire to play mine until stuff gets fixed / added, but screeching that it has to be done NOW won't help anybody, especially when it would be commercial suicide. They're really behind on ACNC and need to catch up.

Spooky would do well to ask you to keep quiet if you have some inside information.

#10265 5 years ago

Updated to v24, but game keeps spitting out balls. Maybe a setting changed I wasn't aware of or maybe it suddenly developed a trough switch problem? Anyone had this? Otherwise will probably dicker with the trough when I get the chance.

#10266 5 years ago

I’m really hoping that spooky gets the chance to upload the changelog so we can see what all is in this release. I’m guessing the majority was bug fixes as no one is reporting noticing any major changes.

In reading the Facebook post when they released the code it sounded as though they might have one more update potentially at a later date.

#10267 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

\I’m guessing the majority was bug fixes as no one is reporting noticing any major changes.

To the best of my knowledge, this would be correct. The main update was to make House of 1000 Corpses more achievable, plus a number of minor bug fixes.

#10268 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Updated to v24, but game keeps spitting out balls. Maybe a setting changed I wasn't aware of or maybe it suddenly developed a trough switch problem? Anyone had this? Otherwise will probably dicker with the trough when I get the chance.

My game spitting balls random also, it starts with 23 and also 24. I think that problem is not software, have checked switches many times and trying adjust those. Nothing find yet.

#10269 5 years ago

And I think it was shooterlane switch or diode. I replaced new one and now it works

#10270 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The main update was to make House of 1000 Corpses more achievable, plus a number of minor bug fixes.

What changed in the update that makes House easier to achieve? Previously 1000 switches had to be hit.

#10271 5 years ago
Quoted from mara:

My game spitting balls random also, it starts with 23 and also 24. I think that problem is not software, have checked switches many times and trying adjust those. Nothing find yet.

I spent a good half hour on it. Pulled the balls and started hammering on the pf, but couldn't get any switches to act up. All of them are closing when expected. Loaded the balls hammered again, all switches solid.

Reset the software to factory defaults, have not had an issue since. Odd, but its working now and going from version 22 to 24 was a nice change. Now need to fix the murder ride switch as it pulls out of the slot and the ball gets hung up. Also need to do something about the mode start vuk. A hard shot to it results in the ball coming back down the orbit.

#10272 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

What changed in the update that makes House easier to achieve? Previously 1000 switches had to be hit.

The update repaired something that was broken in the last few releases.

If you hit the blue XX targets on the top right hand side, they are corpse multipliers. They multiply the number of hits.

Without those active, H1KC was pretty much impossible to complete.

So it is now, as it was before.

rd

#10273 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The update repaired something that was broken in the last few releases.
If you hit the blue XX targets on the top right hand side, they are corpse multipliers. They multiply the number of hits.
Without those active, H1KC was pretty much impossible to complete.
So it is now, as it was before.
rd

Ok that makes sense as I know it seemed like when I achieved some of the multipliers and with balls hitting everything I should have been racking up corpses left and right.

*I still can't figure out how to get the left orbit to light initially to be ready to hit to start modes on the upper deck. When you start the game for instance, that is not lit up and at some point during the game Rob says, "Hit the left orbit!".

#10274 5 years ago

You don’t need to qualify modes in this game. As long as you hit s strong enough shot to make it into the VUK you will be presented the menu to pick your mode.

If you are hearing Rob say, “hit the left orbit” you probably activated the lightning hurry up or were actually playing “American Witch” as these are the main reasons I can think that you would hear that callout.

#10275 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I spent a good half hour on it. Pulled the balls and started hammering on the pf, but couldn't get any switches to act up. All of them are closing when expected. Loaded the balls hammered again, all switches solid.
Reset the software to factory defaults, have not had an issue since. Odd, but its working now and going from version 22 to 24 was a nice change. Now need to fix the murder ride switch as it pulls out of the slot and the ball gets hung up. Also need to do something about the mode start vuk. A hard shot to it results in the ball coming back down the orbit.

See my homemade fix in a few pages back for the ball sticking. Also I have my VUK solenoid set to 6 and it serves it right to the small flipper - I think V24 even defaults the VUK to 5.5 power....

#10276 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Ok that makes sense as I know it seemed like when I achieved some of the multipliers and with balls hitting everything I should have been racking up corpses left and right.
*I still can't figure out how to get the left orbit to light initially to be ready to hit to start modes on the upper deck. When you start the game for instance, that is not lit up and at some point during the game Rob says, "Hit the left orbit!".

When you start the game, it is waiting on the skill shot attempt. If you hit the skill shot slingshot OR hit nothing the left orbit will not be lit. It only lights once you have resolved the skill shot or hit another switch to tell the game you missed it. At least this is my understanding.

#10277 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

See my homemade fix in a few pages back for the ball sticking. Also I have my VUK solenoid set to 6 and it serves it right to the small flipper - I think V24 even defaults the VUK to 5.5 power....

The vuk launches fine. The problem is if you make a shot to the left orbit. A good, solid shot. It will go up, and it ends up bouncing off the side or bouncing off the ramp. In either case a good shot which should go into the vuk tends to come right back down the left orbit. It is very frustrating for people.

#10278 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The vuk launches fine. The problem is if you make a shot to the left orbit. A good, solid shot. It will go up, and it ends up bouncing off the side or bouncing off the ramp. In either case a good shot which should go into the vuk tends to come right back down the left orbit. It is very frustrating for people.

I had the same problem. I used a small peice of weatherstripping. The size and position took a bit of adjusting. But seems to work well. Positioned wrong and it bounced it back more.

811E98F8-B9A2-46FD-9E09-06568C8D64BB (resized).jpeg811E98F8-B9A2-46FD-9E09-06568C8D64BB (resized).jpeg
#10279 5 years ago

Thanks, will give that a try when I get done getting the latest additions setup.

#10280 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So it is now, as it was before

Not quite... when ya see that drop target pulsing, smack it!

#10281 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

when ya see that drop target pulsing, smack it!

Who has time to look at anything but the flippers in 7 ball multi-ball? Love me that chaos.

#10282 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Is your game worked after that? My game starts random balls again, not so often but almost every game. It might shoot one ball or maybe more.

I tryied that factory defaults, nothing, again and after that game works maybe 10 games, but starts again, i have banged playfield with no succes,

What you have done with amplifier? My game have terrible sounds, it will be better if push connector in. I havent ooen amplifier yet but iI think it next step or buy new better one.

It have issues, I hope that I can solve those because I like game a lot.

#10283 5 years ago

Newspaper says It's Rob Zombies 54th Birthday today.

Guessing Fried Chicken tonight for Supper at Charlies house. Probably from the Gas Station in Benton.

1 week later
#10284 5 years ago

Has anyone done sound changes added songs and otis?

2 weeks later
#10285 5 years ago

Alright, upgraded to an le this weekend.
Game now has the following mods:
Apron LCD Screen
Demon Ride Gate
Knocker
Shaker Motor

Still thinking i want to add the lighted lockdown bar mod, topper, and lit speakers. Anything else that I should look into?

#10286 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Anything else that I should look into?

The Living Dead Girl Mausoleum mod is really very cool. In fact all of the mods @medisinyl makes are worth looking into.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01413--rob-zombie-mausoleum-mod-living-dead-girl-

#10287 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Apron LCD Screen
Demon Ride Gate
Knocker
Shaker Motor
Still thinking i want to add the lighted lockdown bar mod, topper, and lit speakers. Anything else that I should look into?

Looks like you have pretty much everything. I one day hope to add the apron mod provided that Fawzma has time to fully implement all the features he had for it.

#10288 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Apron LCD Screen
Demon Ride Gate
Knocker
Shaker Motor

Where does one purchase the LCD apron mod? It would be nice to see screen without looking up which is hard during game. What power source connection does this use as I have several mods hooked up as it is and don't want to overtax the power supply.

#10289 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Where does one purchase the LCD apron mod? It would be nice to see screen without looking up which is hard during game. What power source connection does this use as I have several mods hooked up as it is and don't want to overtax the power supply.

You buy it direct from Fawzma. Pretty sure it draws powder directly from the pinheck board where the power is brought to the board via a pigtail.

As of now I’m pretty sure it’s just an extension of the DMD showing score, mode objectives, and maybe a few other things. It was a side project he was doing in his spare time. I remember him talking about all the things he had planned for it but obviously he’s super busy with ACNC. Hopefully when things calm down and he can find the time and motivation to get going on this again.

#10290 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Looks like you have pretty much everything. I one day hope to add the apron mod provided that Fawzma has time to fully implement all the features he had for it.

Funny thing is so far I haven't ordered anything for this game. Just the mods from the two machines I bought. Hundreds in mods and I got a good deal on both games with the spare already gone.

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Shows score, player number, and tells you what the objectives are as well as how close you are. So for superbeast it will show how many beasts you have vs i think its little red riding hoods. Its actually really helpful for new players to know what to shoot for in a given mode. It is however unfinished and if I had paid the 300 or so that it cost I'd be pretty unhappy because of that.

Quoted from mackey256:

The Living Dead Girl Mausoleum mod is really very cool. In fact all of the mods @medisinyl makes are worth looking into.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01413--rob-zombie-mausoleum-mod-living-dead-girl-

At 200 I would have to see one in person first. I am thinking of maybe adding his gas station and ball stop mod fixes. Spine ramp would also need to see. The gas station would fill a very empty spot on the pf, the other two might make things too busy, but that is my taste.

#10291 5 years ago

Also, why is the le on this not listed separately on pinside? Different backglass, different color hardware (found that out this weekend), cutouts in the rails.

#10292 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Also, why is the le on this not listed separately on pinside? Different backglass, different color hardware (found that out this weekend), cutouts in the rails.

My guess is same code, same playfield. Only difference is cosmetic.

#10293 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

You nailed it!

I own a standard version and prefer that backglass over the LE. Both look great though.

#10294 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Shows score, player number, and tells you what the objectives are as well as how close you are. So for superbeast it will show how many beasts you have vs i think its little red riding hoods. Its actually really helpful for new players to know what to shoot for in a given mode. It is however unfinished and if I had paid the 300 or so that it cost I'd be pretty unhappy because of that.

I've seen the mod before and really like the idea of seeing what is going on the display when looking down.... Do you know where this is sold?

#10295 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Apron LCD Screen
Demon Ride Gate
Knocker
Shaker Motor

Might want to look at a separate power supply for the mods. There isn't a lot of overhead for electrical mods in the pinheck systems.

#10296 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Might want to look at a separate power supply for the mods. There isn't a lot of overhead for electrical mods in the pinheck systems.

3 of the 4 mods he listed are officially supported

#10297 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have the light up lockdown bar, speaker LEDs, shaker,.... Just wondering how much extra load Zombie can take as I'd like to add that LCD screen eventually

#10298 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I have the light up lockdown bar, speaker LEDs, shaker,.... Just wondering how much extra load Zombie can take as I'd like to add that LCD screen eventually

I have all the options with no problems on load including the LCD screen

#10299 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Spiderman black is the same. LOTR LE, same since people figured out swapping the pal chip lets you use a shaker motor. So it stands to reason that the le should be a separate listing.

#10300 5 years ago

I really like the gas station lamp mod and red hot lit sign mod. Both from Tim’s mods.
We have install videos in this playlist for both. I bought these and enjoy them both. I second the lcd apron is nice. Just hope for alittle more added to it.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKBzlsEWMlPJsmrqDjHUDZcRSAoVmrG45

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/206?hl=sulakd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.