2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 223.
#10201 5 years ago

Wow awesome! Thanks Chuck!

#10202 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Super excited! I was in the process last night of trying to trade my RZ for a TNA. Glad I’ll be able to check out this latest update!

Thatll be a tough trade

#10203 5 years ago

Crossing my fingers this will be good. Traded for my RZ in the hopes that the code would get fixed.

#10204 5 years ago

It's coming folks... needs a little more testing and a pesky damn bug to squash, but we're on it.

Trying hard to get it out asap! Going to predict Q4 of 2018... oh wait, that's fairly soon huh?!

Fingers crossed and working hard to make it happen.

Quoted from benheck:

It's 3 bars and a gas station

All 3 bars have Spotted Cow, so ... ? Where's the problem?

#10205 5 years ago

Gas station should have Spotted Cow also. That could be the issue if they don't ?

#10206 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Gas station should have Spotted Cow also. That could be the issue if they don't ?

Lol!!! They do! But they stop beer sales at like 10 or 10:30 on certain nights... the bars don't have that restriction.

#10207 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Thatll be a tough trade

For sure and I knew that but thought I would try anyhow.

#10208 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Lol!!! They do! But they stop beer sales at like 10 or 10:30 on certain nights... the bars don't have that restriction.

Granted one of the bars has some of the best pizza you'll ever eat....

#10209 5 years ago

Great news! Definitely one of my most exciting pins. Hoping to try some new code this weekend! On the downside, my 9-year-old just put his initals up in second place a few days ago. Guess he's gonna have to try again.

#10210 5 years ago

Is Fawzma ever going to update the $300 apron he sold so it does what he promised? Has there been any updates?

#10211 5 years ago

Yippee, four days to go. I’m pulling for you Spooky. RZ is about to shine.

#10212 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Is Fawzma ever going to update the $300 apron he sold so it does what he promised? Has there been any updates?

No updates yet that I'm aware of but it does work great upon initial release. I would love to see some more of its capabilities used!

RZmod (resized).pngRZmod (resized).png
#10213 5 years ago

I hope he gets the time to finish the mod. I’m glad I held off on ordering as it isn’t much right now and it was a pricey mod.

#10214 5 years ago

This is just in time for our Rob Zombie to hit The Flipper Room Floor for the first time. It will be paired with the original art from Alex Horley! Can't wait... right on Spooky!

IMG_20181108_1806543 (resized).jpgIMG_20181108_1806543 (resized).jpgIMG_20181108_1806597 (resized).jpgIMG_20181108_1806597 (resized).jpgIMG_20181108_1807266 (resized).jpgIMG_20181108_1807266 (resized).jpg
#10215 5 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

This is just in time for our Rob Zombie to hit The Flipper Room Floor for the first time. It will be paired with the original art from Alex Horley! Can't wait... right on Spooky!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are awesome!

#10216 5 years ago

Looking forward to RZ updates. I love RZ, but I'm the type that wants to get a high score in the final version of the game. So I feel like I've been neglecting it more than I normally would because of that. Also, I kind of wish the Apron mod was open source, I have a lot of time on my hands and love programming things I have an interest in. This game needs achievements. Actually, would be cool if all Spooky pins had an achievement system.

#10217 5 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Looking forward to RZ updates. I love RZ, but I'm the type that wants to get a high score in the final version of the game. So I feel like I've been neglecting it more than I normally would because of that. Also, I kind of wish the Apron mod was open source, I have a lot of time on my hands and love programming things I have an interest in. This game needs achievements. Actually, would be cool if all Spooky pins had an achievement system.

That would be great if FawzmaGames would allow it. I believe you can currently change out any images you want if you are good with photo editing, but the programming would be the same of course.

#10218 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

No updates yet that I'm aware of but it does work great upon initial release. I would love to see some more of its capabilities used![quoted image]

I haven't even installed mine, yet. But I can't say I blame him. Spooky have been way busier generally, and him specifically with Ben's departure and the system change and code rework for ACNC.

I doubt that was something he really could have legislated or planned for. Hopefully as Spooky sell more and more machines they'll be able to lighten the load on him with new recruits, and he can go back and finish this - he has promised to do so.

#10219 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I haven't even installed mine, yet. But I can't say I blame him. Spooky have been way busier generally, and him specifically with Ben's departure and the system change and code rework for ACNC.
I doubt that was something he really could have legislated or planned for. Hopefully as Spooky sell more and more machines they'll be able to lighten the load on him with new recruits, and he can go back and finish this - he has promised to do so.

Don't quote me on this but I think the apron mod was his baby. It might be something he needs to do on his own time.

#10220 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Don't quote me on this but I think the apron mod was his baby. It might be something he needs to do on his own time.

It is, yes. But the point is he's been run off his feet with official work. I think he had been planning to develop more mods too, but obviously no time for that either.

#10221 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

It's coming folks... needs a little more testing and a pesky damn bug to squash, but we're on it.
Trying hard to get it out asap! Going to predict Q4 of 2018... oh wait, that's fairly soon huh?!
Fingers crossed and working hard to make it happen.

All 3 bars have Spotted Cow, so ... ? Where's the problem?

Think you will make Q4 still? We are having some people over for New Years, I would be happy to beta test the code in it's current state if things are still being worked out.

#10222 5 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

Think you will make Q4 still? We are having some people over for New Years, I would be happy to beta test the code in it's current state if things are still being worked out.

Fawzma is getting it ready to launch right now. As soon as we get the links etc up Happy New Year

#10223 5 years ago

Excited to read the change log and give it a go!

#10224 5 years ago

RZ link at midnight - count down to 2019? or before is good too.

#10225 5 years ago

Installed V24 and played two games. My text is set on pixel HighRes. The numbers don't display properly.

20181231_1jpg (resized).jpg20181231_1jpg (resized).jpg20181231_2 (resized).jpg20181231_2 (resized).jpg
#10226 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

RZ link at midnight - count down to 2019? or before is good too.

It's up on their support page.

#10227 5 years ago

Can we have the patch notes, please? Preferably for V23 as well, as a lot of people were on V22.

Difficult to assess the changes fully if we don't know exactly what was changed.

Thanks.

#10228 5 years ago

RZ UPDATE V24 1/JAN/2019

Update - 1000 corpse mege corpse collect will advance you to 25 below the next round (475,725,925)
Fixed - 1000 corpse mega corpse strobes to the drop target

RZ UPDATE V23 -
Fixed - Urgent - Blank space video frames increased. Playing this video too much that fast could cause premature SD card failure.
Fixed - Attract mode sound could not be turned off.
Fixed - A save/drain condition could happen at the same time, confusing the game.
Fixed - coin/credits counts not updating on screen properly
Fixed - Load coil was ignoring the half set setting
Updated - Load coil strength increased. May need to use a lower coil setting after update
Added - Tiny score on/off setting in game setting menu
Added - If ball search kicked out a ball, the drain routine will be delayed an extra 2 seconds to see if other switches are hit
Added - If the door is open mid game during tournament mode, logic/timers/ballsearch/switchcheck are ignored till the door is shut.
Tournament directors/operators - leave a ball on the shooter lane; drain the rest, you probably knew this already
Balls are returned to game when door is shut
Added - Door Save setting in Operator menu
Door save option can activated all the time or restricted to tournaments only

#10229 5 years ago

Some stuff I mentioned before that wasn't in the notes. I was led to believe that the game restart was going to be done, at least. Can anyone say if any of it was fixed?

* Game restart. There's an option for it. But it isn't a game restart. It's a game end. It just stops the existing game, fires the ball out. Game over screen (can't skip it), and half the time makes you enter your initials on a score screen too (again can't skip it). It's frustrating and time consuming, and I can't think of another modern game that doesn't have the feature, or makes you go through all that rigmarole.

* It'd also be nice if there was the option to turn off the entering-initials for score for anything other than a high score. I'm not even sure why it asks for them most of the time? Having a better sorted high score table that one could flick through in attract mode would also be an improvement.

* The option to have replays be EBs is surprisingly missing too.

* As many others have requested, in adult mode it would be preferable if the game used a mix of adult and non-adult callouts - except in the case of obviously child-friendly ones (kitty for instance). Variety is good.

#10230 5 years ago

So still no reverse flipper mode? So the year that we've waited for an update, that's it in the release notes? Am I missing something?

#10232 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So still no reverse flipper mode? So the year that we've waited for an update, that's it in the release notes? Am I missing something?

It's been stated repeatedly that it didn't play nicely with the boardset so was removed and wouldn't be added back.

#10233 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's been stated repeatedly that it didn't play nicely with the boardset so was removed and wouldn't be added back.

I knew there was an early issue of blowing fuses, but I don't recall any official statement from spooky that it was being permanently removed. If so, that's disappointing.

#10234 5 years ago

The good news, I’m told the corpse multipliers work again, so I can go back to playing the machine when I get home.

robertmee I know you were sold on the reverse flippers - but really, reverse flipper modes suck. IMO.

rd

#10235 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The good news, I’m told the corpse multipliers work again, so I can go back to playing the machine when I get home.
robertmee I know you were sold on the reverse flippers - but really, reverse flipper modes suck. IMO.
rd

Always enjoyed mystery spot, and was looking forward to a true infection mode. Quite honestly, as an engineer, I don't understand how a board set would cause cpu controlled opposite flipper control to be a problem. And yes I was sold on a feature not being provided. Life goes on.

#10236 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Yes , I was finally able to get over 1000 corpses on the last game I just played in fact I ended up with over 1,300 Seems as though collecting 1,000 corpses is worth less than it used to be . This was my final score .

E97D5028-A870-46F9-B02E-24BCADD0D610 (resized).jpegE97D5028-A870-46F9-B02E-24BCADD0D610 (resized).jpeg
#10237 5 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Installed V24 and played two games. My text is set on pixel HighRes. The numbers don't display properly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Setting the display to round pixels works. The other two pixel modes don't display properly.

Also the multiplayer score screens don't display very long before they disappear.

#10238 5 years ago

Thanks for all the reviews and issues. Think I'll stay with V23 till the bugs get worked out.

#10239 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Always enjoyed mystery spot, and was looking forward to a true infection mode. Quite honestly, as an engineer, I don't understand how a board set would cause cpu controlled opposite flipper control to be a problem. And yes I was sold on a feature not being provided. Life goes on.

Previous Problems -
bugs - supposedly fixed
H1k needs to work and keep track of # collected - supposedly fixed

What do these things have in common:

infection mode
corpse stealing
reverse flippers

??? give up ???

Those were the three features that sold me on buying RZ. I liked the sound of them and Charlie said he’d get it done. But when the final product delivered deviates from the one sold to everybody, the missing items need to be discussed before sweeping them under the rug imo.

I remember Spooky’s explanation that infection concept continued to evolve, and that is fine with me because they found a better way to do things. But infection needs to work for goodness sakes. Not getting the other two items in this update has me puzzled too. Maybe there is a good reason and we just do not know it yet.

#10240 5 years ago

Infection mode has worked since V22 and still works. No reverse flippers or corpse stealing though.

#10241 5 years ago

I think a lot of people (most) wanted the way Infection works changed. But it appears that didn't happen.

#10242 5 years ago

Excited for the new RZ code but have not had chance to install. Anyone logged enough time to see the effects? Please post!

#10243 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think a lot of people (most) wanted the way Infection works changed. But it appears that didn't happen.

We wanted to fix Corpses and a ton of other bugs... not sure if reverse or no hold flippers will be the final answer, but we'll do one or both or ... something!

I'm not calling this the last update. We're reviewing what assets remain and still want this to be the best it possibly can be. One things for sure, I topped 1,000 Corpses twice on Friday and HAD FUN DOING IT!!! Hadn't played the game for a while with TnA and Alice being the constant focus, and it really sunk in what we were trying to do with this game, and I still think we achieved that. It's what Rob wanted, it's what we wanted.

Yes, we know more got fixed than what was in the notes Fawzma tossed out late in the day. We'll add them in as we go.

Play this, report anything odd to Spooky, and we'll keep it going. Bug and I beat the daylights out of the game (actually 2 different games) for hours and saw ZERO issues.

#10244 5 years ago

I’ve always felt it’s been a fun game but I had hoped for more. Really regret buying it nib. Most money I’ll ever lose on a game when I finally find someone who wants to buy it. I feel rz also drove down the price of Amh, they were reselling for 6500 before Rz came out. Won’t be buying spooky nib again if ever.

#10245 5 years ago

Wth does any of this have to do with a code update? You lost money on a boutique pinball and are upset about resale of a game that came out years ago after 20 or so new entrants came to “market”? Play the games man!

#10246 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Excited for the new RZ code but have not had chance to install. Anyone logged enough time to see the effects? Please post!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/357464595

#10247 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Most money I’ll ever lose on a game when I finally find someone who wants to buy it

Thank the stars you didn’t buy a Hobbit then.

rd

#10248 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Having bought my huo rz at a good discount I would love to find a hobbit for the same. People who buy nib need to realize they need to be in for the long haul. Code can take years, even from stern. Code doesn't always get finished either.

That all said I really would love if the changelog got updated to reflect anything in the new version. It does provide positive feedback to customers that things are happening.

#10249 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’ve always felt it’s been a fun game but I had hoped for more. Really regret buying it nib. Most money I’ll ever lose on a game when I finally find someone who wants to buy it. I feel rz also drove down the price of Amh, they were reselling for 6500 before Rz came out. Won’t be buying spooky nib again if ever.

I'm not going to bemoan loss of value...that happens from time to time in this hobby. But my real world experience with RZ and Spooky has kept me from buying ACHM. Bottom line, promises made have been unfulfilled to date. I was all in on RZ after my experience with AMH. When it was announced Ben wasn't doing RZ I should have bailed. That's on me for having high expectations. I buy pins for the long haul and my only NIB purchashes have been two Spooky pins. I'll keep RZ and continue to hope that Spooky finishes what they started someday. But I won't buy an AC until years after its been vetted.

#10250 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Had a deposit on it until almost the last minute. Dodged a bullet there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/205?hl=sulakd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.