2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 223.
#10101 5 years ago

I just played several games on mine. It was a ton of fun. Looking forward to the update that Charlie spoke about in the future but my game plays pretty darn good.

#10102 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’ve been waiting for good things. **warning - long winded post**
RZ is fun but it is maybe 92% complete. That last little bit will make a big impact. Notice I am not crying to get the final code, 1 day after the game came out, I’ve waited. Charlie has twice promised the code would be fixed and enhancements would be done, and I believe him, but he didn’t give a timeframe. If he announced a date to make this happen (say Dec 31, 2018) we could cut them slack and let them get things done. But they seem to be operating without a strategy, always running around and putting out fires, which is not efficient or sustainable. It tends to piss off the customer base which have been buying multiple Spooky titles.
I waited six months and it was a breeze. Then I waited a year with no problem. At one and a half years I cleared my throat. Two years in I began to grumble. It is now 2.5 years and I’ve reached the end of the line. We know ACNC is in the hopper, and once released, Spooky’s next game will be here. All hands on deck to get that one working and to polish ACNC. I’ve heard Jetsons is expected to get some meat added, which is great news for the owners, when it happens. Until then it is a promise. You see where this is going? Spooky has become like Stern was - release a game, allow 2-5 years to pass, while customers dream and hope the programming will be completed. Some titles were, some were not.
There is never a good time. As a general rule there should be a maximum timeframe established, say one year. If the timeframe passes, everything else should be dropped until the code done. That is purposely exaggerated because it is only the programmers that are needed for this effort with some part-time brainstorming and support from others. The other 15 employees of Spooky can stay on course doing whatever they do. Status of Spooky Games -
1) AMH - done
2) Dominos- done
——————-
3) Jetsons - not done
4) RZ - not done
5) TNA - in production, code is done but somehow continues to get better
6) ACNC - in pre-production and code is being programmed now
7) Scott’s next title - in development
8) Charlie’s next title - in development
How about it Spooky? Oct and Nov should be full bore ACNC, then dedicate the month of December to completing RZ and Jetsons. Give us a Christmas present by releasing a power pack (major code dump to polish a game off). That is three months away, my home was built and I moved in three months later. The beauty of this arrangement is that Spooky benefits just as much from completing the code. Their games are improved and their reputation for building awesome boutique games solidified.
Spooky has found excellent themes, created imaginative games, built them and shipped them - currently producing game #6, they haven proven to be a real pinball company. Some people have a short attention span when buying pinball machines. Heck, what percentage of people own a particular game 2.5 years later instead of trading it away for something else (maybe 50%??). We are at that point now with RZ, so I am venting my displeasure with how this process has dragged out and am suggesting Spooky do a reset to refocus their efforts to complete their earlier pins and move them into their archives.
btw - I hope Spooky has been setting aside one of every pinball machine they’ve produced. It would nice to house the growing collection at their factory, where staff and visitors could play them. But if space was an issue, they could create a Spooky Pinball Museum in the Chamber of Commerce building (hint, hint). City provides the air conditioned space, Spooky provides the games and maintains them. Spooky provides signage and information and the city gets to showcase a business success story.

I wouldnt waste time on jetsons.

#10103 5 years ago

cant find an answer for the problem of the number 23 upf switch damage from being hit by the ball from underneath, have comfirmation I'm not the only one thats had it happen to but cant find a cure. Switch has bent 3 times in less than 12 games last time didnt last 1 game, if there is no fix for this can I cut the wires off & delete the switch all together as the machine is absolutely useless as is unless it is used as a monument. Are these tested for QA before they leave the factory

#10104 5 years ago
Quoted from pumba:

cant find an answer for the problem of the number 23 upf switch damage from being hit by the ball from underneath, have comfirmation I'm not the only one thats had it happen to but cant find a cure. Switch has bent 3 times in less than 12 games last time didnt last 1 game, if there is no fix for this can I cut the wires off & delete the switch all together as the machine is absolutely useless as is unless it is used as a monument. Are these tested for QA before they leave the factory

Maybe figure out why the ball is hitting the switch? It can happen but it’s not a common thing to happen.

Indiana Jones has the same issue under the path of adventure.

One trick would be to put some heat shrink on the wires so even if they bend they won’t short out.

But I’d be finding out why the ball is hitting the switch. 3 times in 12 games suggests something is up. I’ve had it happen once in maybe 500 games, when the ball jumped the ball guide and got wedged under the mini PF.

Maybe look at the ball guide for starters ...

rd

#10105 5 years ago

thanks rd I wll look at the guide as the person I bought it off said he removed & reinstalled them (though not sure which ones he did but big co-incidence) as he said they were incorrectly installed because they had a sharp leading edge that the ball would hit get nicks & lead to pf damage so he turned them around.

#10106 5 years ago
Quoted from pumba:

thanks rd I wll look at the guide as the person I bought it off said he removed & reinstalled them (though not sure which ones he did but big co-incidence) as he said they were incorrectly installed because they had a sharp leading edge that the ball would hit get nicks & lead to pf damage so he turned them around.

Bingo.

rd

#10107 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

It's quite obvious to me where Spooky's priorities lie. I don't like it, but it has affected my buying decisions going forward with Spooky. No sense for me to buy their next game when my current game is unfinished. Those of you defending this practice will be bitching in two years when your AC is unfinished while Spooky is on to their next title. It's a vicious cycle and a poor way to do business IMO.

Guess you must have been thrilled waiting 3 years for the mass of bug fixes, rebalancing and new stuff you got for your AC/DC this year. Still bugs, and indeed Lyman says there's still stuff to fix and more to add. Maybe he'll get round to it next year, 7 years after AC/DC was released?

#10108 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Guess you must have been thrilled waiting 3 years for the mass of bug fixes, rebalancing and new stuff AC/DC got this year. Still bugs, and indeed Lyman says there's still stuff to fix and more to add. Maybe he'll get round to it next year, 7 years after AC/DC was released?

I bought spooky because I didnt want to deal with the stern code BS and yet here we are.
I wanted to put a deposit on Alice cooper but decided against it as progress on rob zombie had stopped.

#10109 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I bought spooky because I didnt want to deal with the stern code BS and yet here we are.
I wanted to put a deposit on Alice cooper but decided against it as progress on rob zombie had stopped.

You seriously compare this with the BS Stern pull? Really?

#10110 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Guess you must have been thrilled waiting 3 years for the mass of bug fixes, rebalancing and new stuff you got for your AC/DC this year. Still bugs, and indeed Lyman says there's still stuff to fix and more to add. Maybe he'll get round to it next year, 7 years after AC/DC was released?

Didn't buy AC/DC on preorder NIB with the promise of certain features. Knew what I was buying when I bought AC/DC. Good try on the red herring. You can continue to defend Spooky and that's fine. I dI'd the same early on. But at some point you have to separate your love for Spooky overall, which I still have too, to recognizing the flaw in their business model and how it's starting to affect their customer base.

#10111 5 years ago

What's up with the quotes in this thread...twice now it's showing the response as from the same person.

#10112 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

What's up with the quotes in this thread...twice now it's showing the response as from the same person.

It's a known Pinside glitch. Refresh the page and it will fix it for now.

#10113 5 years ago

Guys... we're doing all we can to get caught up on the system switch for ACNC that put us behind and cost us several months of work.

WE WILL fix the remaining items in Rob Zombie (and our other games) as time allows. I'm hoping before years end.

Only so many hours in the day and so much we can work on at once. I am to blame for dumping a ton of work on Fawzma all at once. We have more help now, but still going to take time.

Sorry... doing our best.

#10114 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Didn't buy AC/DC on preorder NIB with the promise of certain features. Knew what I was buying when I bought AC/DC. Good try on the red herring. You can continue to defend Spooky and that's fine. I dI'd the same early on. But at some point you have to separate your love for Spooky overall, which I still have too, to recognizing the flaw in their business model and how it's starting to affect their customer base.

I don't love Spooky. They're just a pinball company. What I would ideally like & what I wish were true, and what is realistic are frequently not the same thing. That is the case here. People seem to struggle with understanding that in this hobby.

I held off on putting a deposit down for ACNC until the early spots were gone, so I'd be waiting a year or a bit more (~ #400). Because it was patently obvious they were going to be set back hugely by the change of system. Obviously that has a knock on effect on RZ. Of course I could have put my money down immediately and then complained about both ... that would seem churlish though.

But you did know what you were buying into. A small boutique pinball company with limited resources and limited non-production staff, based a long way from any major towns or cities, which was always going to find it difficult to recruit new coders, even with their much faster than expected growth.

Indeed, I think Ben when he left the company said that was one of the biggest issues they faced, if not the biggest. I'd imagine they're constantly on the look out, but when it's a 3 hour round trip to Madison, probably not that simple.

Stern grossly under-staffing on coders, when for the last few years they've been raking it in, and have massively more resources at their disposal, is not the same thing at all.

#10115 5 years ago

Pretty sure this is the same conversation that goes on with damn near every game of the last 10 years. Game is good / code sucks. Code is good / game sucks. Code gets up to par and "really turns the game around"... we've seen it over and over. TWD comes to mind in a big way in that department.

What I'm promising is that we WILL NOT leave Rob Zombie hanging. It will get complete, and fix the flaws (like House of 1k). Just going to take a little more time and man hours. I can't hire someone to clean this up then lay them off once it's complete, but I can take some pressure off our current programmer by freeing up his schedule and having 2 guys, which is exactly what we are doing. Again, new system, new programmer, new issues to conquer.

We're behind, but it's for the right reasons. Busy is good! Sure beats the alternative.

Patience... we'll get there.

#10116 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I can't hire someone to clean this up then lay them off once it's complete

INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR / CONSULTANT

Generally (unless the consulting contract is for a specified term) can be let go by the employer for any reason, at any time.

Is not eligible for unemployment compensation benefits.

Is not eligible for worker's compensation benefits.

Does not receive employment benefits from the employer.

Generally provides consulting services to more than one company.

Sets his or her own hours.

Works out of his or her own office or home.

Works relatively independently.

Has the authority to decide how to go about accomplishing tasks, and does so without the employer's input.

Incurs the costs associated with performing the job.

Has acquired very specialized skills and comes to the work relationship with a particularized education and experience background.

Is not subject to tax or FICA withholding, but pays his or her own self-employment tax.

Is paid according to the terms of the contract, and does not receive additional compensation for overtime hours worked.

Usually is not protected by employment anti-discrimination and workplace safety laws.

Is not entitled to join or form a union.

#10117 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

They also have to understand the entire code that has already been written, and try to adapt what we want done to it. While the new system is easier to learn, the PinHeck takes a bigger understanding. By the time we'd train them and sort it all out, we'd be on it again ourselves anyway.

That, and I don't like "using" people to get work done. I'd rather develop talent that can stick with the team, and that's what we're doing now.

#10118 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Generally (unless the consulting contract is for a specified term) can be let go by the employer for any reason, at any time.
Is not eligible for unemployment compensation benefits.
Is not eligible for worker's compensation benefits.
Does not receive employment benefits from the employer.
Generally provides consulting services to more than one company.
Sets his or her own hours.
Works out of his or her own office or home.
Works relatively independently.
Has the authority to decide how to go about accomplishing tasks, and does so without the employer's input.
Incurs the costs associated with performing the job.
Has acquired very specialized skills and comes to the work relationship with a particularized education and experience background.
Is not subject to tax or FICA withholding, but pays his or her own self-employment tax.
Is paid according to the terms of the contract, and does not receive additional compensation for overtime hours worked.
Usually is not protected by employment anti-discrimination and workplace safety laws.
Is not entitled to join or form a union.

There's so many independent pinball programming contractors out there after all. Got to be several hundred options with knowledge of the pinheck system, well several hundred or zero other then Ben Heck. He seems to be pretty excited about pinball these days so I'm guessing that put it's back to zero.

They also have to understand the entire code that has already been written, and try to adapt what we want done to it. While the new system is easier to learn, the PinHeck takes a bigger understanding. By the time we'd train them and sort it all out, we'd be on it again ourselves anyway.
That, and I don't like "using" people to get work done. I'd rather develop talent that can stick with the team, and that's what we're doing now.

The game has lots of code and while we would all love an update now, but it can wait. I agree, develop from within and build towards something instead of chasing your tail to appease a few loud folks. Looking forward to the update when it comes.

#10119 5 years ago

Charlie that is the best post I have read on here (other than rd recommendation for a fix for my rz) you care about your employees which is a rare virtue these days. Look after your workers & they will look after you & hopefully flow on to the consumer with a better quality product. You sound like a good bloke wish you all the best with your company. Thanks

#10120 5 years ago

Charlie IS a good "bloke" - that's never in dispute !

Even all the Pinside personalities here agree on that point with no goofy arguments.

#10121 5 years ago
Quoted from pumba:

you care about your employees which is a rare virtue these days

I care about everybody that has helped get us where we are, both employees and customers. Trust me, I wish there was some magic that makes everything we do flawless on day 1, but not the reality here or anywhere else. We all have our separate issues to solve.

I see the flaws far more than the biggest naysayers on Pinside. I see where we were and where we are now... and it's still not where we want to be.

#10122 5 years ago

when all is said and done, i didnt tell anyone to go hire a consultant. i responded to a statement that said "i cant hire some.. and then lay them off". i simply showed that there was an option where companies can hire someone then let them go without ramifications. if someone doesnt feel comfortable using that option, thats up to them.

i agree with rubberducks. he has explained, many times over, that there is little chance spooky will divert resources away from ACNC and that in the short term, not to expect any headway on RZ. only spooky knows for sure why and just how far behind they are on ACNC. it is high priority at this point. its difficult to believe that the issues with getting ACNC out the door are code related. sounds like issues with the physical build, with the latest being that satisfactory ramps were not avail until recently. as we already know, completing code for most games is an ongoing process well after games are shipped, sometimes as long as a couple of years. if physical games are complete and sound, companies tend to ship games with the avail code at the time and simply provide code updates in the future.

revisiting the RZ coding issue under the assumption that spooky would ever pursue the consulting route...

Quoted from jgentry:

There's so many independent pinball programming contractors out there after all. Got to be several hundred options with knowledge of the pinheck system, well several hundred or zero other then Ben Heck.

While the new system is easier to learn, the PinHeck takes a bigger understanding.

spooky only needs one person with knowledge of the pinheck system, and they apparently already have him. that would be fawzma, and he would be the one to finish up the work on RZ. the second guy doesnt need to know squat about pinheck. he would need to know how to deal with a P3-ROC, and just work on ACNC while fawsma finished RZ, in what rubberducks makes is sound would only be a few weeks.

They also have to understand the entire code that has already been written.

arent big coding projects broken down into smaller parts/subroutines such that each person working on such a project doesnt need to understand the entire code? their work can be done independently of others and the entire program works fine when pieced together. fawzma could intentionally leave the coding jobs that do not require intimate knowledge of every aspect of the programming for the number 2 guy. subroutines, for example, can be written without compromising existing code. the number 2 guy may not accomplish as much as fawsma would have if he worked ACNC for that period, but at least someone would have advanced the code in some regard vs nothing.

at any rate, when facing a backlog and needing man hours, not hiring for fear of having to lay people off later sounds [cant think of the right word]. whether soldering or software, the concept of 'seasonal workers' comes to mind. what happens to spookys summer help when school is back in session? where is mocean when you need him for a few weeks? could you convince scottd to put aside his 2020 design for a month during 2018?

#10123 5 years ago

I can finally join the fun

#10124 5 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I can finally join the fun

Welcome aboard.

Guys... we're doing all we can to get caught up on the system switch for ACNC that put us behind and cost us several months of work.
WE WILL fix the remaining items in Rob Zombie (and our other games) as time allows. I'm hoping before years end....
Sorry... doing our best.

I like that Charlie gave us an explanation of his process, his approach and a timeframe. End of 2018, I can wait.

If Charlie brought someone on, I could see it taking a month to hire and bring them up to speed, a month for them to adjust the code and another month for testing, tweaks or unknowns. Three months from now is right before Xmas, so it is sound judgement to use internal staff in this instance. Now if Charlie thought it might be next Summer before he could get someone to start on it, then a consultant would be the better choice.

So RZ code is on the board for fixes by end of 2018. I’ll be checking back over Christmas holiday.

#10125 5 years ago

Could RZ use some bug fixes and alittle more polish. Yes. Does it need it no. At least it’s not wheel of fortune code wise. Or Aerosmith pro that advertisedbin the flyer a skill shot that just got added two years after.
Spooky has given us everything advertised to come with the game. They even added two additional modes. The game is great and if they get around to eventually giving a final polish great. Charlie said they will so I’m not worried.

This thread is a club thread and should be talking about high scores mods and other fun club owners are having with their game. I even recently posted custom speaker lights. Then when I checked back I found two pages of companints about code as if you all still had version 18. I’m alittle dissapointed by this “club”.

All I’m saying is this is a hobby we should enjoy and I feel some have let the negativity become its own entity here. Please those of you who aren’t the few with code complaints go enjoy your game. I will.

#10126 5 years ago

We are loving ours here. We were looking for something totally different and this is it. Plus about time someone did a R rated pin. Nice work spooky crew.

#10127 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Spooky has given us everything advertised to come with the game.

This thread is a club thread and should be talking about high scores mods and other fun club owners are having with their game. I even recently posted custom speaker lights. Then when I checked back I found two pages of companints about code as if you all still had version 18. I’m alittle dissapointed by this “club”.

No, they have not given us everything. Reverse Flipper mode has been disabled since the early releases due to a bug causing fuses to blow. This was advertised in the pre-order as a feature. H1K is no longer achievable due to a bug in the code, not recognizing the multipliers. Basic functions like ball counts still have bugs.

Don't know how you determined this was a club thread, but it's not. It was started to discuss the announcement of the game, the features, the development, the release, and now the enjoyment and issues. If you want to start a club thread, do so, but this isn't it.

It seems odd to me, that we can't discuss the pin's deficiencies, without being labeled as complainers. I still own my game. I have #4 LE, so I put my money where my mouth was in supporting Spooky. Likewise with the AMH that I bought preorder before RZ. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a complete game, including features that were promised with pre-order 3 years ago.

#10128 5 years ago

Not meaning to rain on the bitching parade (and some of the points are certainly valid and I hope get ultimately addressed - I don't have the history with it most of you do but happy there is healthy competition for Stern) but changing the subject a bit.... I am now a member of the club and just LOVE this game (just bought it from a friend) even with it's faults. That said, the upper play-field is pretty awful but looks really cool and I think it has potential. In the photo there is a hole for a post - seems all of them have it yet no post? Was this post tried and then abandoned? Many times the ball just drains up there with no chance at all and I think a well placed post would at least allow the player to keep the ball up there longer.... Has anyone tried any innovation yet or do we just accept the fact that the ball will drain with no chance to hit it? I would love SpookyCharlie to weigh in on this.

IMG_8641 (resized).jpgIMG_8641 (resized).jpg
#10129 5 years ago

Sorry - i know this is not a "club" but the content fits i think

#10130 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Not meaning to rain on the bitching parade (and some of the points are certainly valid and I hope get ultimately addressed - I don't have the history with it most of you do but happy there is healthy competition for Stern) but changing the subject a bit.... I am now a member of the club and just LOVE this game (just bought it from a friend) even with it's faults. That said, the upper play-field is pretty awful but looks really cool and I think it has potential. In the photo there is a hole for a post - seems all of them have it yet no post? Was this post tried and then abandoned? Many times the ball just drains up there with no chance at all and I think a well placed post would at least allow the player to keep the ball up there longer.... Has anyone tried any innovation yet or do we just accept the fact that the ball will drain with no chance to hit it? I would love spookycharlie to weigh in on this.
[quoted image]

Yes, the post was originally planned, but through playtesting, they decided it functioned better and was more fun without it.

A well set-up machine should have the upper playfield feeding that flipper nearly every time (adjusting the VUK strength is one easy option to explore, and also what fixed the same problem for me).

#10131 5 years ago

Medisinyl makes a nice gas station mod and 3D gas pumps for the upper playfield if you want to spice it up a bit

Does anybody else's upper PF appear to tilt slightly to the left in comparison to the main pf? I ensured that mine is sitting on it's supports but it just looks a little crooked. Maybe it's just normal.

#10132 5 years ago

Medisinyl THANKS! great call... Do you recall what yours is set to? Also just placed order for a gas pump...

#10133 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

medisinyl THANKS! great call... Do you recall what yours is set to? Also just placed order for a gas pump...

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Otherwise, it may be 4.5. Before they introduced code that allowed half steps, the VUK was either too weak at one step (struggled to get up the tube), then too strong on the next, causing the ball to miss the flipper. Ever since that change, I've had a very reliable upper playfield. If that doesn't fix it, pitch and side-to-side level may be worth double checking if you just set the game up without too much tweaking.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

medisinyl makes a nice gas station mod and 3D gas pumps for the upper playfield if you want to spice it up a bit
Does anybody else's upper PF appear to tilt slightly to the left in comparison to the main pf? I ensured that mine is sitting on it's supports but it just looks a little crooked. Maybe it's just normal.

Mine seems to be slightly tilted as well. Perhaps it's part of the design to better feed the flipper or prevent a hang-up somewhere?

And thanks for the mention

#10134 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Not meaning to rain on the bitching parade (and some of the points are certainly valid and I hope get ultimately addressed - I don't have the history with it most of you do but happy there is healthy competition for Stern) but changing the subject a bit.... I am now a member of the club and just LOVE this game (just bought it from a friend) even with it's faults. That said, the upper play-field is pretty awful but looks really cool and I think it has potential. In the photo there is a hole for a post - seems all of them have it yet no post? Was this post tried and then abandoned? Many times the ball just drains up there with no chance at all and I think a well placed post would at least allow the player to keep the ball up there longer.... Has anyone tried any innovation yet or do we just accept the fact that the ball will drain with no chance to hit it? I would love spookycharlie to weigh in on this.
[quoted image]

Reduce both VUK *and* upper flipper strength.

Factory is much too strong on both. Unplayable on mine.

#10135 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

That said, the upper play-field is pretty awful but looks really cool and I think it has potential. In the photo there is a hole for a post - seems all of them have it yet no post? Was this post tried and then abandoned? Many times the ball just drains up there with no chance at all and I think a well placed post would at least allow the player to keep the ball up there longer.... Has anyone tried any innovation yet or do we just accept the fact that the ball will drain with no chance to hit it? I would love spookycharlie to weigh in on this.
[quoted image]

The other thing I did, which just makes the upper playfield way more fun, is I took a small stick on rubber bumper and placed it on the ball guide on the right side of the upper playfield across from the flipper. If the ball is going to go screaming along that ball guide, it hits the rubber and bounces out towards the flipper so you have a chance. It's sort of cheating, but the game is hard enough and it just makes it much more manageable for us.

Strongly suggest trying it. I put it on when I got the game and it's never come off (just clean the ball guide with some alcohol first).

#10136 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

The other thing I did, which just makes the upper playfield way more fun, is I took a small stick on rubber bumper and placed it on the ball guide on the right side of the upper playfield across from the flipper. If the ball is going to go screaming along that ball guide, it hits the rubber and bounces out towards the flipper so you have a chance. It's sort of cheating, but the game is hard enough and it just makes it much more manageable for us.
Strongly suggest trying it. I put it on when I got the game and it's never come off (just clean the ball guide with some alcohol first).

please post a pic

#10137 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I think that woud make it too easy. It's call nudging. Nudge that ball to the flipper from that post, nudge like you've never nudged before!!!
Rz is a game that requires a lot of nudging just to have a half decent game.

#10138 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

[quoted image]

I had a similar issue when I got my game. First it’s important to get everything leveled correct. I then placed two thin washers between the upper playfeild and the right side mount. Tilting it slightly to the left. Most of the time it feeds the flipper or a good nudge gets it there.
I have the light mod and red hot mod. Really happy with them. I did a few videos on install and reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKBzlsEWMlPJsmrqDjHUDZcRSAoVmrG45

#10139 5 years ago

Thanks fellas - adjusted the VUK solenoid to 6 (4.5 was too light) and it’s a game changer - MUCH better! I love Pinside

#10140 5 years ago

where can the game number be found?

#10141 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

where can the game number be found?

Look inside the coin door to the right and you'll find the info pasted to the side of the cabinet.

#10142 5 years ago

99% of the people who play pinball will never know about or request an update. This game is great with the current code as far as I'm concerned. Spooky service is the best in the business from what I've seen. Good luck at getting Stern to respond to a technical issue much less on a Sunday evening! (yes, that happened where Spooky responded that quickly... amazing!)
As far as the overall appearance of the games, the playfield parts on Spooky of way better quality. On Iron Maiden for example, Stern really couldn't come up with some better objects to put on the playfield than some cheap plastics? Iron Maiden probably has more dolls and objects other than KISS on the market yet they resort to some flimsy plastics and some wire ramps. I've had the Zombie top field off and it's a dense, high quality piece. I'm guessing the Alice Cooper castle is of equal quality.
I'm not sure what the issue is here with certain gamers, but the game play seems great to me and in my opinion a game has to look as great as it plays when you're not playing. Zombie looks incredible both during gameplay and attract mode.

#10143 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

99% of the people who play pinball will never know about or request an update. This game is great with the current code as far as I'm concerned. Spooky service is the best in the business from what I've seen. Good luck at getting Stern to respond to a technical issue much less on a Sunday evening! (yes, that happened where Spooky responded that quickly... amazing!)
As far as the overall appearance of the games, the playfield parts on Spooky of way better quality. On Iron Maiden for example, Stern really couldn't come up with some better objects to put on the playfield than some cheap plastics? Iron Maiden probably has more dolls and objects other than KISS on the market yet they resort to some flimsy plastics and some wire ramps. I've had the Zombie top field off and it's a dense, high quality piece. I'm guessing the Alice Cooper castle is of equal quality.
I'm not sure what the issue is here with certain gamers, but the game play seems great to me and in my opinion a game has to look as great as it plays when you're not playing. Zombie looks incredible both during gameplay and attract mode.

The current RZ code has some bugs, and Charlie has said they will be fixed. I trust that they will be fixed when he says that and understand it won't be done immediately, that's ok.

Your 99% "statistic" seems inflated. You are saying that only 3 people want RZ code completed which is just not true.

#10144 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The current RZ code has some bugs, and Charlie has said they will be fixed. I trust that they will be fixed when he says that and understand it won't be done immediately, that's ok.
Your 99% "statistic" seems inflated. You are saying that only 3 people want RZ code completed which is just not true.

Yes, I do not have exact figures on the number of persons who will or will not notice code. I'm just saying that most people playing this game other than the true hardcore players would ever notice the difference with a code update. If you have a game on location, players will not likely be upset if certain items are not included in the game as it currently plays in a complete manner.

#10145 5 years ago

Fix the bugs, surprise me with an added feature, and more boobs and then I think it will be code complete.

#10146 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Yes, I do not have exact figures on the number of persons who will or will not notice code. I'm just saying that most people playing this game other than the true hardcore players would ever notice the difference with a code update. If you have a game on location, players will not likely be upset if certain items are not included in the game as it currently plays in a complete manner.

At only 300 games, there are A) very few on location, and B) most are in homes and purchased by pinsiders or at least pinball enthusiasts. So, I would say your assertion that "most" people wouldn't notice is patently false. If it were a mainstream pin, then yes, I would more likely agree with your argument. But this is a low production, boutique pin that wasn't destined for on location.

#10147 5 years ago
Quoted from pumba:

Hi has anyone come up with a successful fix for the right upper playfield switch to prevent it from continual damage from the ball. Tried insulation tape but didnt last long seen another post way back where someone suggested making a guard but if the ball hits the switch then I would assume the gaurd would trap the ball? Has anyone tried to raise the playfield & why are some machines not affected, different switch used ? Thanks Darren

Hey Guys - My game has this same issue as well- the switch from the Upper Playfield is too low and already caused a short when the ball bangs the contacts together... Does anyone have any good tips to solve this?
THANKS!

#10148 5 years ago

I havent had a chance yet to check my guides yet as rd suggested but I did contact spooky & was told to tape it but it didnt last long, heat shrink would be better but would need to cut the wires then resolder in a tight spot & get heat in there for the shrinks, not something I would take on myself. Contacted another person who sort of specialises in this sort of thing, he told me he had heard of this & recommended to try raising the upf & to look at installing "oil boards"? same as used in twighlight zone. Do you think the ball contacts the switch by just rolling through the tunnel or is something launching the ball up into it? Looking back through these posts it has been mentioned twice but couldnt find any follow up posts on how they dealt with it.

#10149 5 years ago
Quoted from pumba:

I havent had a chance yet to check my guides yet as rd suggested but I did contact spooky & was told to tape it but it didnt last long, heat shrink would be better but would need to cut the wires then resolder in a tight spot & get heat in there for the shrinks, not something I would take on myself. Contacted another person who sort of specialises in this sort of thing, he told me he had heard of this & recommended to try raising the upf & to look at installing "oil boards"? same as used in twighlight zone. Do you think the ball contacts the switch by just rolling through the tunnel or is something launching the ball up into it? Looking back through these posts it has been mentioned twice but couldnt find any follow up posts on how they dealt with it.

Don’t worry about doing anything until you fix the guides. Then the ball won’t hit the switch.

Easy enough to remove the mini playfield and do the heat shrink thing after that.

rd

#10150 5 years ago

Don’t cut the wires. Just desolder the and slide the hearshrink over and solder. If you remove the upper playfeild this would be a relatively low risk start on repair. Worst case you destroy the switch. If your afrade to solder on a Pinball you may spend a lot on other people’s service fees.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/203 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.