2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 223.
#9901 5 years ago

Well I finally got around to installing all my newest mods and the game just looks fantastic. (I have the apron mod too, but that wasn't in the picture).

Also, while I had the glass off I replaced every one of the switches in the loops and inner outlanes with the stern style rounded switches from pinball life. I was having issues with switches not registering until they were hit several times and the left inner loop switch pretty much quit completely (would take dozens of balls coming off the ramp and then it'd start working). Glad to say all the switches are working great and the game plays better (no missed switches).

I'm not sure if spooky just got a bad batch or what, but the switches on AMH haven't given me any issues and the ones on RZ were always giving me trouble and even seemed to stiff like for the loop under the upper playfield (I replaced that switch a year ago).

IMG_4895[1] (resized).JPGIMG_4895[1] (resized).JPGIMG_4896[1] (resized).JPGIMG_4896[1] (resized).JPGIMG_4897[1] (resized).JPGIMG_4897[1] (resized).JPG
#9902 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Are the translites the same size as the backglass?

I measured my backglass and it's 27 1/16" x 20 1/2" with a 3/16" thickness to the glass. Hope that helps.

2018-06-15 16.41.48 (resized).jpg2018-06-15 16.41.48 (resized).jpg2018-06-15 16.42.15 (resized).jpg2018-06-15 16.42.15 (resized).jpg2018-06-15 16.42.49 (resized).jpg2018-06-15 16.42.49 (resized).jpg
#9903 5 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I measured my backglass and it's 27 1/16" x 20 1/2" with a 3/16" thickness to the glass. Hope that helps.

I just measured the translites and they measure 27" x 20". I'm not sure how that would translate to using these in place of a backglass in a Spooky game if anyone has any suggestions. I assume a piece of glass cut to the 27 1/16"x 20 1/2" measurement so it would fit in the designated channel cutouts?

#9904 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I just measured the translites and they measure 27" x 20"

Keep in mind I measured mine with the black side and top rails installed on the backglass which might make up for the discrepancy there. I guess I didn't think about that at the time.

#9905 5 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Keep in mind I measured mine with the black side and top rails installed on the backglass which might make up for the discrepancy there. I guess I didn't think about that at the time.

that would make sense that the rails would add a bit of dimension.... Are the rails just the plastic slip on type that a typical Stern machine would also have to hold the translate to the glass?

#9906 5 years ago

Hello Pinside Members whilst being a member on this site for a small amount of time i have never really posted anything or asked for any help from other members but i seem to be having a problem with my RZSSI machine and I have searched around the internet and i cannot find an answer to my problem anywhere (Knowing the limited amount of numbers I didnt expect to see many answers)
I am having a problem where if i leave the machine on for about half an hour or sometimes less than that i loose all images on the display altogether, there is no attract mode images or high scores and if you push the start button it has no sound as well as no screen and if you open the door and push the menu button it just says SD CARD ERROR and needs to be powered down. It has the latest firmware installed as well is there anybody else who has had this happen or could shed some light onto the subject
-Juggla

#9907 5 years ago
Quoted from Juggla:

Hello Pinside Members whilst being a member on this site for a small amount of time i have never really posted anything or asked for any help from other members but i seem to be having a problem with my RZSSI machine and I have searched around the internet and i cannot find an answer to my problem anywhere (Knowing the limited amount of numbers I didnt expect to see many answers)
I am having a problem where if i leave the machine on for about half an hour or sometimes less than that i loose all images on the display altogether, there is no attract mode images or high scores and if you push the start button it has no sound as well as no screen and if you open the door and push the menu button it just says SD CARD ERROR and needs to be powered down. It has the latest firmware installed as well is there anybody else who has had this happen or could shed some light onto the subject
-Juggla

Couple things to check.

1) is this the original SD card that came with the machine? If not, then please check to see that it is an 8GB Class 10 card.

2) try reinstalling the latest software. This is accomplished just like doing an update. Using a windows computer, format the cd, then download the code to your desktop. Unzip the files on your desktop (not on the card). Then copy and paste (do not drag) the files on the SD card. From there simply follow the rest of the directions on the spooky support page (www.SpookyPinball.com/game-support).

Let me know if this helps

Christopher
[email protected]

#9908 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Are the rails just the plastic slip on type that a typical Stern machine would also have to hold the translate to the glass?

Yeah they are plastic slip variety but I'm not 100% if they are the same as Stern.

The plastic and a sheet of glass would hold the translite no problem if you wanted to swap it out once you got a new sheet of glass.

#9909 5 years ago
Quoted from Juggla:

-Juggla

The exact same thing is happening to the one at Rock Fantasy in Middletown, NY. They are having so many issues with it they are taking the game out of tournament play. I also am 100% sure the updates have been done right (at least the last 2) because i’ve done them and I have my own RZ at home.

#9910 5 years ago

New blankie for my LE!

IMG_1525 (resized).JPGIMG_1525 (resized).JPG

#9911 5 years ago

Dear Fawzma,

I really want to add your apron mod to my machine. Please find time to fully code it so I can buy one.

Sincerely,

RZ #295 owner

#9912 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Couple things to check.
1) is this the original SD card that came with the machine? If not, then please check to see that it is an 8GB Class 10 card.
2) try reinstalling the latest software. This is accomplished just like doing an update. Using a windows computer, format the cd, then download the code to your desktop. Unzip the files on your desktop (not on the card). Then copy and paste (do not drag) the files on the SD card. From there simply follow the rest of the directions on the spooky support page (www.SpookyPinball.com/game-support).
Let me know if this helps
Christopher
[email protected]

Thanks Christopher i tried what you said and coming into a full hour without any problems with the display now, i also noticed a static noise anytime there was 1,000,000 points scored before which i thought was associated to the last update, it has also gone
Really appreciate your help sorting that matter out, I can only assume that something has happened during the copy onto the card or i could have possibly dragged the files onto the sd card not thinking about it at the time, either way its all functional again.
Thanks so much

#9913 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

The exact same thing is happening to the one at Rock Fantasy in Middletown, NY. They are having so many issues with it they are taking the game out of tournament play. I also am 100% sure the updates have been done right (at least the last 2) because i’ve done them and I have my own RZ at home.

I did what Christopher said in the reply to my comment and it seems to be working fine now the only thing i did different was I copy and pasted the update to a freshly formatted brand new class 10 SD card, i just did this in case there was something wrong with the card i had as well but everything works again 100%

#9914 5 years ago
Quoted from Juggla:

I did what Christopher said in the reply to my comment and it seems to be working fine now the only thing i did different was I copy and pasted the update to a freshly formatted brand new class 10 SD card, i just did this in case there was something wrong with the card i had as well but everything works again 100%

We can try that

#9915 5 years ago

Perhaps old news to most now, but I didn't know Trejo would be in the next H1kC film until RZ posted this on FB (just a moment ago).

Trejo (resized).pngTrejo (resized).png
#9916 5 years ago

Sweet baby Jesus please allow him to have some sweet one liners that can be added to the game!

#9917 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Dear Fawzma,
I really want to add your apron mod to my machine. Please find time to fully code it so I can buy one.
Sincerely,
RZ #295 owner

Dear Fawzma,
I have already added your apron mod to my machine. Please find time to fully code it so I no longer regret having bought one.
Sincerely,
RZ owner

#9918 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Dear Fawzma,
I have already added your apron mod to my machine. Please find time to fully code it so I no longer regret having bought one.
Sincerely,
RZ owner

He’s definitely getting crushed with the workload with everything. I hope he does find the time and passion to complete the project as many spent a good amount of money for the mod.

#9919 5 years ago

RZ code also needs a final bugfix. All the main features are there and working, let's take this from 99% to 100% complete!

#9920 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

RZ code also needs a final bugfix. All the main features are there and working, let's take this from 99% to 100% complete!

I finally began playing it a bit more. Not quite enough to really comment on most of the game code issues or suggestions that others have made.

However, I think the underlying system code is quite lacking in a couple of areas. Two things IMO that are absolute musts on any modern machine, and which are (surprisingly) absent:

1) Coin door ball save, or at least an option for it. Unfortunately, ball hang ups are a thing on RZ due to some of the recesses and elevated areas, and the insane speed (and thus air) the balls cannon off slings and pops. Probably 50% of the longer games I have, I get a stuck ball ... and thus the game is ruined, as I can't dislodge it and save the ball.

2) Game restart. There's an option for it. But it isn't a game restart. It just stops the existing game, fires the ball out. Game over screen (can't skip it), and half the time makes you enter your initials on a score screen too (again can't skip it). It's frustrating and time consuming, and I can't think of another modern game that doesn't have the feature, or makes you go through all that rigmarole.

Both of these issues - rather than game code - make me not want to waste my time playing it.

It'd also be nice if there was the option to turn off the entering-initials for score for anything other than a high score. I'm not even sure why it asks for them most of the time? Having a better sorted high score table that one could flick through in attract mode would also be an improvement.

The option to have replays be EBs is surprisingly missing too.

As many others have requested, in adult mode it would be preferable if the game used a mix of adult and non-adult callouts - except in the case of obviously child-friendly ones (kitty for instance).

One game code thing. It'd be a decent quality of life improvement if when the ball drains and you have save running, there could be a 1.25 second additional ball save. So often the auto-launcher will fire the ball hard into the pop, and it will shoot straight back down the right outlane with no chance of saving it. It's pretty frustrating. Or maybe not a general ball save, just a right outlane save for 1.25 seconds. Further, it'd be kind of nice to have the option to turn off auto-plunge when in single ball play.

-------

So I doubt I'll be playing it much until updates come.

But on the positive side, it looks absolutely awesome when lit up, especially with a few mods. Click on images - the thumbnails always look bad on Pinside:
IMG_20180619_203351 (resized).jpgIMG_20180619_203351 (resized).jpgIMG_20180619_203435 (resized).jpgIMG_20180619_203435 (resized).jpgIMG_20180619_203610 (resized).jpgIMG_20180619_203610 (resized).jpg

#9921 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

He’s definitely getting crushed with the workload with everything. I hope he does find the time and passion to complete the project as many spent a good amount of money for the mod.

I don't begrudge him his necessary prioritization when it comes to Spooky-related projects. That said, the fact remains that the apron mod, as it stands, is undoubtedly the worst $300+ I've ever spent on a mod. Lots of early potential, but ultimately no meat on the bone. I was initially excited about what it promised to be, but now regret being an early adopter. Given Spooky's trajectory, I'll be surprised if things like the apron mod and meaningful RZ code updates actually circle back around.

#9922 5 years ago

Charlie has promised another RZ update. It will happen.

Apron mod - that's 100% up to @fawzmagames. It was advertised as being capable of so much more!

#9923 5 years ago

I do trust that we will get another code update to fix/polish and I hope the apron mod gets fully coded before fawzma burns out and splits from the pinball world.

#9924 5 years ago

Charlie has promised another RZ update. It will happen.
Apron mod - that's 100% up to fawzmagames. It was advertised as being capable of so much more!

Charlie also said deposits were refundable..., until they weren't.

#9925 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I do trust that we will get another code update to fix/polish and I hope the apron mod gets fully coded before fawzma burns out and splits from the pinball world.

When? I'm an old man, and can't wait forever for code (even if it is going to be magical). I'd like to see reverse flippers during infection and corpse stealing - both were promised features. Then I'd like to see a new Spaulding jackpot added. All kinds of other good ideas in this thread. Come on Spooky ... all game designers are revisiting past code.

#9926 5 years ago

I’m growing impatient myself. The code really needs to be finalized once and for all and yes I agree and few more features would be awesome.

Hopefully they can code in some final things that really give you that “one more game” feel or else I fear this one will be leaving collection. I’m playing walking dead far more than RZ.

#9927 5 years ago

Does anybody else's start button not light up at all? I thought this was one bug with the current code.

Not sure if FawzmaGames has a list of things to fix and tweak for the final version yet

#9928 5 years ago

Does anybody else's start button not light up at all? I thought this was one bug with the current code.
Not sure if fawzmagames has a list of things to fix and tweak for the final version yet

I had the same thing. I jiggled the wires and replaced the bulb which solved the problem. I don’t think it’s a bug.

#9929 5 years ago

I don't really see the great rush. I'm sure Fawzma will get round to it once the bulk of the work on the new release - ACNC - is out of the way.

I suspect it already would have happened if they hadn't switched from PinHeck to P3ROC.

#9930 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't really see the great rush. I'm sure Fawzma will get round to it once the bulk of the work on the new release - ACNC - is out of the way.
I suspect it already would have happened if they hadn't switched from PinHeck to P3ROC.

Rush? I've had my game since May of 2016. It's July 2018. I don't think 2 years is unreasonable to expect finished code, especially one of the major modes (reverse flipper infection) that was a marketing teaser early on and one of the reasons I bought in.

I really respect Spooky for what they're doing, but I have noticed that the focus quickly shifts to the next game, and we're left twisting. It almost happened with AMH were it not for the insistence of Ben Heck finishing that game. With Ben gone, I don't think Fawzma has the same leverage, so I'm sure he's following whatever direction Charlie points him in. Unfortunately, that hasn't been working on RZ anymore.

#9931 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Rush? I've had my game since May of 2016. It's July 2018. I don't think 2 years is unreasonable to expect finished code, especially one of the major modes (reverse flipper infection) that was a marketing teaser early on and one of the reasons I bought in.
I really respect Spooky for what they're doing, but I have noticed that the focus quickly shifts to the next game, and we're left twisting. It almost happened with AMH were it not for the insistence of Ben Heck finishing that game. With Ben gone, I don't think Fawzma has the same leverage, so I'm sure he's following whatever direction Charlie points him in. Unfortunately, that hasn't been working on RZ anymore.

I think it's more to do with the fact that Spooky started from scratch, pretty much, so their software infrastructure was pretty basic for a long while.

Whilst neither system or game code are where we would like them to be yet, the current beta release is the 23rd release for the game, is it not? That's pretty good support.

#9932 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think it's more to do with the fact that Spooky started from scratch, pretty much, so their software infrastructure was pretty basic for a long while.
Whilst neither system or game code are where we would like them to be yet, the current beta release is the 23rd release for the game, is it not? That's pretty good support.

I look at it a bit differently....took 23 releases and it still isn't complete.

#9933 5 years ago

The last couple of releases introduced some pretty debilitating bugs that have yet to be addressed.

#9934 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had the same thing. I jiggled the wires and replaced the bulb which solved the problem. I don’t think it’s a bug.

Are you running the V23 beta? Checked the wiring, bulb and socket...

#9935 5 years ago

I’m really hoping they get Alice to an acceptable level for shipping and completely finish off RZ.

#9936 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I don't think 2 years is unreasonable to expect finished code, especially one of the major modes (reverse flipper infection) that was a marketing teaser early on and one of the reasons I bought in.

I think the issue here is that the Pinheck board doesn't support flipper control as well as was expected. This was an issue on AMH as well. The Doctor ghost mode originally had a 'thing flip/phantom flip' it did with the left flipper that was causing the same 3 amp fuse to blow. Ben eventually removed this feature from the code.

#9937 5 years ago

I just picked up my Rob Zombie LE which was shipped. Unfortunately, the shipping company bent one of the legs in shipping. I have an email into Spooky to see if they by chance carry replacements that would match the bronze metallic paint they used. Does anyone have any recommendations for a source otherwise to obtain replacement? I am in process of contacting the shipping company to file the claim....

Rob Zombie leg 1 (resized).jpgRob Zombie leg 1 (resized).jpgRob Zombie leg 2 (resized).jpgRob Zombie leg 2 (resized).jpgRob Zombie leg 3 (resized).jpgRob Zombie leg 3 (resized).jpg
#9938 5 years ago

That sucks! Hoping you find an easy solution to this mess.

#9939 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I just picked up my Rob Zombie LE which was shipped. Unfortunately, the shipping company bent one of the legs in shipping. I have an email into Spooky to see if they by chance carry replacements that would match the bronze metallic paint they used. Does anyone have any recommendations for a source otherwise to obtain replacement? I am in process of contacting the shipping company to file the claim....

Did they ship the game with the legs on?

#9940 5 years ago

Code will get done guys... the whole new system for ACNC put us in a real bind and we're all hands on deck getting it as solid as can be for launch.

We don't have 10 guys doing this... we have 1 (and another in training). I want my game right too, and it will be! Don't forget, this was our 2nd game, and the first for Fawzma.

EVERYTHING will get cleaned up asap. We keep our promises, and I guarantee we'll get this right when time allows.

#9941 5 years ago

In Charlie we trust

#9942 5 years ago

Just getting my LE setup... a few questions:
1) does anyone have a reference for the rules of the game? I'm not quite clear on what I should be shooting at and what hits complete modes, etc (ie how do you complete the robot is one gameplay I noticed... hard to keep an eye on the playfield and display!)
2) Is there a way to dial down the sub or shaker? I've noticed that cabinet has quite a bit of rattle to it at times.
3) does game progress save from ball to ball?

#9943 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just getting my LE setup... a few questions:
1) does anyone have a reference for the rules of the game? I'm not quite clear on what I should be shooting at and what hits complete modes, etc (ie how do you complete the robot is one gameplay I noticed... hard to keep an eye on the playfield and display!)
2) Is there a way to dial down the sub or shaker? I've noticed that cabinet has quite a bit of rattle to it at times.

Go here for an overview of modes. http://www.fawzma.com. Things have been added to the code, but I think the explanation of the modes is mostly there.

#9944 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

There is a pre-amp in the cabinet that will let you dial in your sound preferences.

Overall progress continues from ball to ball, but if you drain during a main mode, the mode ends. You will have to activate it again to complete it.

#9945 5 years ago

Also I found with my RZ is the glass rattles in one corner I put insulation tape along the edge of the glass. Is perfect know sounds great.

Maybe something spooky can keep in mind on future machine to have a better snug fit in the glass rails.

#9946 5 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Go here for an overview of modes. http://www.fawzma.com. Things have been added to the code, but I think the explanation of the modes is mostly there.

Those instructions were pretty weak. I did a write up on Stern KISS that was very detailed. I still don't know how to activate a mode. I cannot figure out how to get to the upper Playfield and when you get up there what the goal is. I also can't figure out what the number one two and three are for targets. When I begin the game it looks as though every single ramp or orbit is flashing but yet when you hit it nothing seems to go dark.
Is there some more concise right up that would be a bit easier to understand and also clarify just starting the game. I can't figure out what the heck the skill-shot is even based on these instructions. This seems a little odd considering I believe the person who wrote the instructions up is the programmer?

#9947 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Those instructions were pretty weak. I did a write up on Stern KISS that was very detailed. I still don't know how to activate a mode. I cannot figure out how to get to the upper Playfield and when you get up there what the goal is. I also can't figure out what the number one two and three are for targets. When I begin the game it looks as though every single ramp or orbit is flashing but yet when you hit it nothing seems to go dark.
Is there some more concise right up that would be a bit easier to understand and also clarify just starting the game. I can't figure out what the heck the skill-shot is even based on these instructions. This seems a little odd considering I believe the person who wrote the instructions up is the programmer?

Left orbit to upper playfield starts mode. Rollovers on UP x2,x3 etc., jackpots. Keep it alive up there. Then play mode. I recall modes being easy to follow objectives but hard to complete more than a few during a game.

#9948 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Listen to the next Spooky Pinball Podcast - I believe a special guest is doing a run down on the RZ rules.

rd

#9949 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Listen to the next Spooky Pinball Podcast - I believe a special guest is doing a run down on the RZ rules.
rd

great. the last couple have been very well received by myself and many, many others.

#9950 5 years ago

Here’s the 7 pages (!!) of Rob Zombie dissertations for the next Spooky podcast.

rd

977BD6B6-6535-4A16-852F-192411DD0062 (resized).jpeg977BD6B6-6535-4A16-852F-192411DD0062 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/199?hl=xbmanx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.