IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 223.
#9801 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

FU@k that. Switches are easy to adjust, keep at it and you will get them to settle in and work consistently. There are a number of places in the code to be fixed prior to a final update. A number of suggested improvements have been requested in this thread. Fawzma has previously said he had some ideas to maybe implement. Spooky has added a programmer and a world champion player/rules guru.
Spooky should assign some of the new resources to address and polish RZ in a way I know they want their pins to be known for. They should not be dropping RZ so soon. RZ still has a bit to go imo.
AMH is extremely well polished, as Ben lead three or four pushes to gather final rule requests from users and implemented some along with his own wants. End result shows it was built with 150 percent sweat. So game one AMH is 100% done and is fully developed. Game two RZ is ? % done and is NOT fully developed. RZ code needs home made whip cream, fresh cherries, loopi-straw and minibrella. Also spookycharlie I remember you stating during production when code was more barren, that the game would be coded until it is a masterpiece. And to not worry, buy your game now and we'll keep updating code. I am awaiting the masterpiece.

Spooky is a small company. They have two new games with a 3rd mystery game. That's a lot of code already. Not to mention any future products we don't know about. The last update was a lot of action. Spooky said the same. At tpf. Said the game is jam packed of action. And they feel that's enough. It will get some bug smashing code but that's it.

#9802 6 years ago

I'd say Spooky is more of a medium sized enterprise. They have successfully produced and sold 5.5 pins (AMH, RZ, Dominos, TNA, Jetsons and ACNC is almost ready). Their run numbers of each have been low, and their number of employees under 10 have led to them to be categorized a boutique manufacturer. But make no mistake - Spooky is not a small company nor are they still adolescent - they are more like a young adult. As such, customers expect the most and when the Owner of a company says they won't stop developing software until the game is the best it can be, and while RZ is really good, it is not fully there yet, I say KEEP GOING! It is no time to quit, rather it's time to turn up the gas.

#9803 6 years ago

RZ will in fact get a pile of bug squashes, and yes... 100% agree that House of 1,000 corpses needs a bit more flair and fixes... MUCH too hard to beat right now. We'll get there. The game has a mountain of content, callouts from 3 people, and is a mile deep. We won't be adding a ton more but we will clean it up.

Patience. Just crazy busy getting Alice ready and we can only tackle so much at once.

#9804 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

RZ will in fact get a pile of bug squashes, and yes... 100% agree that House of 1,000 corpses needs a bit more flair and fixes... MUCH too hard to beat right now. We'll get there. The game has a mountain of content, callouts from 3 people, and is a mile deep. We won't be adding a ton more but we will clean it up.
Patience. Just crazy busy getting Alice ready and we can only tackle so much at once.

Thank you Charlie! In my (worthless) opinion RZ code is over 90% complete.

#9805 6 years ago

You da man Chuck! Your dedication to the Pinball community will be why I’m $6k poorer relatively soon for a TNA!

#9806 6 years ago

Ya give him a break, they'll get these ACNC rolling off the line in the next month and we'll all have our games by end of year. Right.......?

#9807 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The only thing I would like to see added to this game is something to let you know when you've gotten 1,000 corpses , it is so tough to do and nothing really happens when you get there

How’s this for an idea -

When you get 1000 corpses, the the flippers die, everything goes nuts, and you get your 50m points, and then it goes back to normal play with one ball..

That would make it a goal (you got 1000!!) ... it would end getting more than 1000 though. I think I got 1500 once but it’s the 50m points that is the goal. And the completion to go towards Hellbound.

rd

#9808 6 years ago

I love that idea Dave . Throw in some screams just before the flippers die and that would be perfect .

#9809 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How’s this for an idea -
When you get 1000 corpses, the the flippers die, everything goes nuts, and you get your 50m points, and then it goes back to normal play with one ball..
That would make it a goal (you got 1000!!) ... it would end getting more than 1000 though. I think I got 1500 once but it’s the 50m points that is the goal. And the completion to go towards Hellbound.
rd

I remember the first time that LOTR did that and I thought that I broke the machine. Feels great every time that you destroy the ring.

#9810 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I remember the first time that LOTR did that and I thought that I broke the machine. Feels great every time that you destroy the ring.

Yeah man.

Do you know what happens when you beat Iron Throne on GOT? One of the harder wizards to beat?

Nothing.

So disappointing.

rd

#9811 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah man.
Do you know what happens when you beat Iron Throne on GOT? One of the harder wizards to beat?
Nothing.
So disappointing.
rd

Dwight was sure to fix that for his next game. There's no possible way you can feel disappointed in the same situation.

2 years after release, no wizard for GB.

#9812 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah man.
Nothing.
So disappointing.
rd

Yep. Blackwater has exciting callouts but pretty much everything else on it feels thrown together. I wish Dwight would revisit it and polish the game up.

Fawzma has been amazing at addressing issues and working on RZ. It is a hell of an underrated game.

#9813 6 years ago

For those interested, I've released one last RZ mod that can be viewed here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-interactive-spine-tunnel-medisinyl-mods

Interactive Spine Tunnel :

20180329_205555 (resized).jpg20180329_205555 (resized).jpg

20180329_205524 (resized).jpg20180329_205524 (resized).jpg

20180320_221519 (resized).jpg20180320_221519 (resized).jpg

#9814 6 years ago

Is the reverse flipper mode going to be fixed?

#9815 5 years ago

Now that Bowen is working for Spooky on rules is he going to look at RZ too?

#9816 5 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

No one from spooky has said yes or no. Charlie posted not long ago that the game would be receiving several bug fixes once they get caught up. I'm hoping that Bowen has a few ideas to add to the game. Currently it does have a fairly deep code but it would be awesome if the newest game director for spooky got a crack at it.

#9817 5 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

Sounds like that won't be in the cards, but the game is mostly good as is. The only 100% necessary update is for bug fixing, but I agree House of 1000 Corpses mode needs work to feel right and add some sort of completion flair as previously suggested (perhaps a final collection shot at the inner left orbit to allow the post to catch the ball for an animation sequence).

However, as LDG seems to be the featured mode (it has a center target/toy and will be started by new players far more often [before they even know the left orbit starts modes]), I feel like more should be going on with it. It would be far more exciting to have a more significant end goal of sorts that could be acquired once. Even something as simple as collect "x" jackpots (but not made easy), then having all the left inner orbit lights flash when ready, and as suggested above, having the post stop the ball, light the LDG with a solid light, then an animation and reward (a neat award could be to bring up the mode select screen to pick a [left orbit accessible] mode to light/skip toward Hellbound [Murder a Mode? ]).

#9818 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Sounds like that won't be in the cards, but the game is mostly good as is. The only 100% necessary update is for bug fixing, but I agree House of 1000 Corpses mode needs work to feel right and add some sort of completion flair as previously suggested (perhaps a final collection shot at the inner left orbit to allow the post to catch the ball for an animation sequence).
However, as LDG seems to be the featured mode (it has a center target/toy and will be started by new players far more often [before they even know the left orbit starts modes]), I feel like more should be going on with it. It would be far more exciting to have a more significant end goal of sorts that could be acquired once. Even something as simple as collect "x" jackpots (but not made easy), then having all the left inner orbit lights flash when ready, and as suggested above, having the post stop the ball, light the LDG with a solid light, then an animation and reward (a neat award could be to bring up the mode select screen to pick a [left orbit accessible] mode to light/skip toward Hellbound [Murder a Mode? ]).

I really hope that they allow a fresh set of eyes to take a look at the game and add some more to it seeing how it technically isn't finished yet and atleast 1 more update will be needed to finalize things.

You've really got some next level thinking going on with your idea. I like it! With these types of ideas and your knack for making mods for this game I vote they hire you to get this game to its final level of polish lol.

#9819 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I really hope that they allow a fresh set of eyes to take a look at the game and add some more to it seeing how it technically isn't finished yet and atleast 1 more update will be needed to finalize things

This already happened last May when David van Es and I spent a week at Spooky helping beef up the modes.

Spooky needs more programmers but who is going to move to Benton when they can drive up the road to Epic and start at 75k right out of college?

#9820 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This already happened last May when David van Es and I spent a week at Spooky helping beef up the modes.

I received my game a month before the big V20 code drop and it was a night & day difference. So much more to the code after you guys got together.

I think they can still squeeze a bit more juice from the orange though. Adding more programmers would help but I understand the constraints.

Overall I’m just greedy and always want more game updates. Still fun as it is but a guy can always hope for for right?

#9821 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Spooky needs more programmers but who is going to move to Benton when they can drive up the road to Epic and start at 75k right out of college?

I think you guys did a great job. There’s always room for improvement, but man there’s a ton to do in the game.

#9822 5 years ago

Also need to keep in mind at one point David F was programming THREE games at once. (RZ Dom and Jetsons)

I'd suggest the owners compile a list of bugs and fixes and perhaps David can visit them after they get Alice Cooper rolling out the door.

But realistically they're gonna be full-tilt on Alice probably until the fall.

#9823 5 years ago

Here's to you Ben, David F and anyone else that made Rob Z what it is today. I'm sure your work on RZ. Is a precursor to what we will see in changes and unique code in ACNC.
Thanks for your attention and commitment.
Ben good luck in your future endeavors.
Magicchiz

#9824 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Probably a dead cert that Scott will do a second game and he does the code so that will ease the pressure.

#9825 5 years ago

Spooky says that RZ is feature complete. I’m good with that. There is plenty going on. (Although I would like to see H1kC tweaked a bit.) However, what I need to see is the final bug fix that was promised, and sooner rather than later. V22 introduced some pretty debilitating bugs. The ball load issue is well documented. I had to turn off the machine in disgust the other night because I had to open the machine three times in two games.

#9826 5 years ago

I'm still holding out for the reverse flipper mode. It was a feature highlighted in the preorder and one of the reasons I bought in. Every time I ask about it I get crickets from spooky...almost as if they're hoping Noone notices and it drifts away.

#9827 5 years ago

Ok, heres one for you:

We have a RZ on location here in Calgary, when we turn it on the display shows the RAM0 message and then goes blank. Like no backlight, nothing. When we press the “config” button on the back of the display it comes back on and all is good until we cycle the power OR until we go into the menu, change some settings (swiched to free play last time this happened) and then exit the menu.

Anyone have any ideas? Its getting a bit tedious for the bar staff to have to pop off the backglass every time the power is cycled or when we wanna change some settings. Haha.

#9828 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also need to keep in mind at one point David F was programming THREE games at once. (RZ Dom and Jetsons)
I'd suggest the owners compile a list of bugs and fixes and perhaps David can visit them after they get Alice Cooper rolling out the door.
But realistically they're gonna be full-tilt on Alice probably until the fall.

That’s frustrating, but i get it.

Truth be told, out of the 18 games we have on site, (and now that the Alien we had has been replaced), this Rob Zombie has been the constant source of head scratching issues. Don’t get me wrong, i love this game and it does well when its working, but a lot of my time on location has been spent trying to figure it out.

Im very thankfull for the help the folks at Spooky have been thus far, and would really like to see these bug fixes adressed as soon as possible. (I guess that last part goes without saying, )

In the mean time im still trying to track down the cause of the constant blown fuse on the circuit with the pop bumpers and upper playfeild upkick...

Also, as a side note, we replaced the flipper rubbers with black ones and it makes it almost impossible to see them. It adds a wicked dimension to the game, and tons of people have commented on how “evil” it is.

#9829 5 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Ok, heres one for you:
We have a RZ on location here in Calgary, when we turn it on the display shows the RAM0 message and then goes blank. Like no backlight, nothing. When we press the “config” button on the back of the display it comes back on and all is good until we cycle the power OR until we go into the menu, change some settings (swiched to free play last time this happened) and then exit the menu.
Anyone have any ideas? Its getting a bit tedious for the bar staff to have to pop off the backglass every time the power is cycled or when we wanna change some settings. Haha.

So.... anybody... ???

#9830 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Why cant Spookie just ship a game to a programmer on the payroll if he's not local? Just ship it back when the code is complete.

#9831 5 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

So.... anybody... ???

Have you asked Spooky support?

There are some configuration messages that get sent from the AV chip to the display upon startup. It sounds like those might be getting messed up somehow. Do you have any custom display settings configured in the menus (dot shape, screen position, etc.)? Have you tried reseating the ribbon cable?

#9832 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Interactive Spine Tunnel

Stop building things that take my money!!!!

#9833 5 years ago

Medisinyl, does that spine have blood on it? I can't tell.

If not, could you add some blood spatter?

#9834 5 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

In the mean time im still trying to track down the cause of the constant blown fuse on the circuit with the pop bumpers and upper playfeild upkick...

Have you spot checked your coil wiring? I’ve had to re-solder wires that had broken loose on a couple of solenoids, including the chicken bucket pop. Also, what version of the code are you running?

#9835 5 years ago

Ordered the red spine. Looking closer I see all the beautiful blood!

#9836 5 years ago

So im looking to replace at least the flipper rubber to something less bouncy. Im not sure about you guys but mine is very bouncy. Makes it much more difficult to trap the ball. Any recommendations. And if so a part # or link>?

#9837 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

So im looking to replace at least the flipper rubber to something less bouncy. Im not sure about you guys but mine is very bouncy. Makes it much more difficult to trap the ball. Any recommendations. And if so a part # or link>?

I use SuperBands on all my games. They’re more ‘sticky’ and I prefer how they play, but others have differing views. They’re definitely not as bouncy as normal rubber.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3172

#9838 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

RZ came standard with red silicone rubbers. Is that’s what still on there?

If you do not like them, put standard rubbers on there.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=79

rd

#9839 5 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Medisinyl, does that spine have blood on it? I can't tell.
If not, could you add some blood spatter?

I added this pic to the main mod thread earlier while the run #1 parts were drying. "Oh yes, there will be blood" [unpainted piece in the middle]

run1 (resized).jpgrun1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9840 5 years ago

Has the apron mod ever been updated? It had lots of promise, but never went anywhere.

#9841 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Has the apron mod ever been updated? It had lots of promise, but never went anywhere.

When I spoke to Fawzma in January about buying one (I did), he said he had various plans for it and would update it.

I assume he's just been too busy with ACNC to do anything. Particularly as there was the switch from PinHeck to PROC.

Doubt he lets us down, but it may be a while.

#9842 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Doubt he lets us down, but it may be a while.

Nobody will bail on anything we can get better (within limits)... but yeah, he's CRAZY busy on Alice right now.

We're working towards 1 game, 1 programmer. Ben Heck is right and we've abused Fawzma enough.

All in due time!

#9843 5 years ago

I'm finally in the club! I picked up a Pinball Refinery modded RZ this past weekend. I like it pretty well so far. I added a 10" sub and this game really came to life!

I have found a couple things I need to look at, the main thing being about 3 out of 10 times that the ball is saved it puts 2 balls in the shooter lane, is this a common problem or anyone know what to look at? The second thing is I've had a few balls hang up when shooting the left orbit, takes a pretty violent shake to get it loose, anything to look at here?

I am still figuring out how to play it; I know the basics, left orbit to start modes, LDG, 1000 corpse multiball, but I've read the game is deep and I want to figure out how to stack things and get to the deeper stuff. I saw someone say spooky was going to put out a video of how to play the game so I will have to search around for it and see if it covers the deeper rules/strategy.

#9844 5 years ago

Game does have quite a bit of depth to it but no real stacking options that I’m aware of.

What version of code is the machine running? The later versions of code were supposed to address the game loading two balls into the shooter lane.

#9845 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I'm finally in the club! I picked up a Pinball Refinery modded RZ this past weekend. I like it pretty well so far. I added a 10" sub and this game really came to life!
I have found a couple things I need to look at, the main thing being about 3 out of 10 times that the ball is saved it puts 2 balls in the shooter lane, is this a common problem or anyone know what to look at? The second thing is I've had a few balls hang up when shooting the left orbit, takes a pretty violent shake to get it loose, anything to look at here?
I am still figuring out how to play it; I know the basics, left orbit to start modes, LDG, 1000 corpse multiball, but I've read the game is deep and I want to figure out how to stack things and get to the deeper stuff. I saw someone say spooky was going to put out a video of how to play the game so I will have to search around for it and see if it covers the deeper rules/strategy.

Make sure you have V22 loaded. This addresses the 2 balls issue.

I have hang ups every now and again in the loop. There may be a hanging switch catching the ball.

Congrats on a great, fun game. The most important shot in the game is the left loop to start modes, and it’s a tricky shot. Practice that and have fun!

#9846 5 years ago

I am 99% sure it has code 22 on it, but will make sure I pay attention to it when it is booting up. I don't have as much problem with the left loop shot as much as the right loop Red Hot shot, that one is narrow, but honestly I like a variety of shots in games- some tough and some easy and I feel this game does that well.

#9847 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I am 99% sure it has code 22 on it, but will make sure I pay attention to it when it is booting up. I don't have as much problem with the left loop shot as much as the right loop Red Hot shot, that one is narrow, but honestly I like a variety of shots in games- some tough and some easy and I feel this game does that well.

First things first - learn your switches. I'd suggest going into switch menu and seeing which are active. Upon bootup, you should see the first 6 switches in column 1 (column 0 is far right) for the balls in trough and one other open switch for the coin door. When you start a game, one of the ball trough switches comes off leaving 5 lit, and the shooter lane switch becomes open. If any other switches are stuck open, they should be adjusted. Stuck switches can cause a new RZ owner to develop a headache diagnosing an issue, until they learn to check and rule out switches. Probably a good time to download and print the switch matrix off Spooky's page. You can use it to locate and check individual switches.

#9848 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Pretty sure I'm on V22 as well and get the same issue--makes the game unplayable IMO (happens often enough to me to not have confidence in the game).
Supposedly V23 beta fixes this issue. I never had this issue before the current code and have debated going back to a code version that ran stable.

This issue has certainly come up several times for other people, though if some people aren't getting it at all, then perhaps I should dig a bit deeper as Jeff suggests.

Once the code seems final, I've been planning to put in custom callouts (and perhaps edit some of Rob's to make them more menacing)

EDIT: I also have an issue with balls getting stuck in the inner orbit when coming from the right side (never have an issue from the left side). I can't see what is causing it, so I'll likely be pulling some parts out of the way to get it sorted out on mine when I have time. This issue didn't always exist for me.

#9849 5 years ago

I have V23 beta installed and it has resolved the 2 ball issue.

#9850 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

i have V22 and none of those issues. i'd check switches for the two balls. perhaps something came loose during transport.
as for the orbit, i've heard of some games having it and other not. search this thread to see how people have addressed it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 210.00
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/197?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.